Out of Character

Government
Executive Offices
Delegate: Yuno
Magisterium
Provost: Drachen
Conclave
Viceroy: Aelitia

Welcome to The East Pacific. We hope you enjoy your visit.

How to register an account
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you may register an account here!

I'm registered. How can I post?
When you sign up on our forums, your account is classified under the "visa" group. Individuals who are in this group will only be able to post in certain areas of the forum. To gain the ability to post on all public sections of these forums, read this post and follow the directions to make a post in that forum. An administrator will review your account and if there are no problems you'll be able to post in no time!

Username:   Password:
Multiquote ON Multiquote off
Add Reply
TEP RP Map Claims Thread; Request plots and changes here!
Topic Started: Jan 2 2016, 07:41:07 PM (77,773 Views)
Southern Yugoslavia
Member Avatar
Wolfman
Current Map
Other Maps

Above is the current TEP roleplay map, initially created by [nation]Franz-Mekkado[/nation] and updated with some alterations by Todd under the guidance of roleplay and roleplay-aspiring nations of The East Pacific.

The current Cartographers are Tuva, rogueparagon, Asendavia, Dylan and Ember; so if you have any complaints, questions, or suggestions, feel free to PM them via the TEP Forums, Skype, or Discord. All official changes must be posted to this thread.

IT IS REQUIRED TO READ THE GUIDELINES THREAD BEFORE REQUESTING A MAP CHANGE. IF YOUR REQUEST DOES NOT CONFORM TO THE GUIDELINES IT WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DENIED.

RP Guidelines Can Be Found Here

A small explanation of TEP's Map
This map represents a culmination of continuous roleplaying that has existed since 2004. While the region has a rich history, we try not to go too heavy on the backstory. In other words, it's relatively easy for a new nation to get involved here. Most individuals are friendly and willing to talk out-of-character. A lot of out-of-character talk takes place on the forums or various messenger chats. If you'd like to get involved in them, please let us know.

The East Pacific is located on a planet known as Urth. Most of the nations here are modern tech, though there are a few exceptions. Various alliances and agreements are already formed, but it's up to you to make a splash and get your nation involved (or keep it isolated and free from outside influence!).

A bit of History
This map is similar in style to a previous map constructed by British Grand Pacific, who introduced the Urth concept (with The East Pacific being its own planet) and included size proportions for nations. He introduced the concept of claiming territory and not plots for nations. That map was inspired by a map created by Lazlow, who maintained his map for several years before it was retired and transitioned into the Citizenship Map. Prior to that map, Kandarin updated and maintained a map of his own, and introduced a framework of guidelines for claiming map plots and roleplaying concepts like annexations, the likes. The first map, constructed by 1 Infinite Loop, had more of a "real world" look to it and was based on a map of Eastern Asia.

Some maps are rather similar in look and appeal (such as the map from Kandarin to Lazlow). Others are much different (such as the maps from Lazlow to BGP or from Loop to Kandarin). Regardless, they represent a culmination of hundreds of roleplays and roleplay nations of The East Pacific, past and present, and a historical continuity that exists for about 10 years in real-time.

This particular map is a working map created by [nation]Franz-Mekkado[/nation]. This map will belong to every roleplay nation in The East Pacific, now and forever more.[edit_reason]FURNIFOLD RESIGNED[/edit_reason]
Edited by rogueparagon, Apr 8 2018, 11:34:51 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scientiam
Member Avatar
Politically Incorrect
Scientiam
Spoiler: click to toggle

That area, to the left side, with a small island or two
Basically you could say a mix between the romans and the mongols.
Edited by Scientiam, Jan 2 2016, 08:47:24 PM.

Southern Yugoslavia
Member Avatar
Wolfman
Updated the map with the last three requests.
Laiatanese Federation | Lupine Race (INCOMPLETE) | Defense Forces

Veymar
Member Avatar
hello, Again
I don't know why, but my capital keeps getting lost on the map, lol. I've linked a picture of it, so you can, in your own time, add it. Thank you. :tu:
http://imgur.com/TsyFrUW
"When your enemies defy you, you must serve them steel and fire. When they go to their knees, however, you must help them back to their feet. Elsewise no man will ever bend the knee to you. And any man who must say ‘I am the king’ is no true king at all."

Dannistaan
Member Avatar
Bat Shoot Loco
I've noticed the new RP map kind of switches the expected positions of me and my brother Bai Lung (Our point of reference was the old citizenship map) but whatever I'll go with it. If the land mass I'm on can't be modified, could I get a blank map of my current plot so I can edit it to take the new island shape into account?
The Office of Her Majesty's Dannistrian Ambassador to Rillanon, Christie Island
The Royal Confederacy of Dannistaan
In Omnis Unum

Free Pacific States
Member Avatar
Number One Drone
I'm sure SY can switch Dannistaan and Bai Lung?
The Federated Alliance of Free Pacific States | Lyon Republic | Republic of Xiopothos | East Pacific Treaty Organization

Dannistaan
Member Avatar
Bat Shoot Loco
Leave it for now. I'll look into the map in greater detail when I have the time.
The Office of Her Majesty's Dannistrian Ambassador to Rillanon, Christie Island
The Royal Confederacy of Dannistaan
In Omnis Unum

Southern Yugoslavia
Member Avatar
Wolfman
Just lemme know the direction you want to go with it, I'll be glad to make adjustments.

Free Pacific States
Member Avatar
Number One Drone
SY, do you have a blank version of the map? It would be very useful for the ongoing history discussions.
The Federated Alliance of Free Pacific States | Lyon Republic | Republic of Xiopothos | East Pacific Treaty Organization

Southern Yugoslavia
Member Avatar
Wolfman
I don't, Todd might though. If he doesn't, I'll get to work on making a blank one.

Balistria
Member Avatar
Hive Drone
Name: Balistria
Important RP: Born out of a vicious war, the nation of Balistria looks to peace and prosperity, it's liberal society welcoming people from all walks of life.

RyoCraft
No Avatar
Hive Drone
Name: Trump
Location: Between 45 S - 60 S 140 W - 100 W (fix the error it shows 60N under 45 S on left side)
Important RP: NSO is the NSA but for Trump (National Stump Organization). The capitol is Big Stump. The nation was born from a great election and military take over. Political freedoms were removed and private industry gets tax reductions. The army is made up of people called millionaires.

RyoCraft
No Avatar
Hive Drone
RyoCraft
Jan 11 2016, 10:55:58 PM
Name: Trump
Location: Between 45 S - 60 S 140 W - 100 W (fix the error it shows 60N under 45 S on left side)
The capitol is on the tip of the peninsula on the 120 W line.
Important RP: NSO is the NSA but for Trump (National Stump Organization). The capitol is Big Stump. The nation was born from a great election and military take over. Political freedoms were removed and private industry gets tax reductions. The army is made up of people called millionaires.

East Malaysia
Member Avatar
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
I think we could benefit by creating a continents map as we have a previous thread full of names but unfortunately no map.
Question with Boldness

>Sovereign Empire of East Malaysia
[url]East Malaysia @ NSWiki[/url] - WIP
The Eastrovia Times wwt.et.em
Embassy - Coming Soon
Character List - Updating Soon

>TEP365
@TEP365; join the team if you want?
with TEP Short Links (ex: pacifi.ch/discord) that can be updated without having to update HTML code

>Forum Technical Support
Posted Image
<>Announcement from ZetaBoards on the upcoming transition to Tapatalk<>

#forum-help-center \ Mod/admin requests \ Board Rules \ Internet Safety & You \ ZB TOS & TOU
Emergency Contact: east.malaysia@mail.theeastpacific.com (forwards directly to my personal email)

:EM:
Recommendations by Em
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

McStooley
Member Avatar
NES w/8-track expansion
Name: Bal'Morag
Location: http://i.imgur.com/B2uRqe8.png?1 (behold my bad photoshop skills!)
The black spot is the only known city to the rest of the world, not the capital. It is Win'Skevar. It's also the only known city with access to the outside world.
Important RP: A nation of Dwarves. We live underneath a mountain chain. We are more primitive than the rest of the world due to a long-standing isolationist view, but with the help of a certain benefactors, we are coming into the age of technology. Cities are beautifully carved into the mountains, but they are not heavily populated. Underground roads lead between settlements / cities. We also love to mine, sculpt stone, and are good cliff-climbers.
Proud owner of a 1956 Les Paul Air Guitar MKIII

"Fortune favors the bold. Alcohol is liquid courage. Therefore, we drink our own luck." -Syberis

Yarinaz
No Avatar
Hive Drone
Name: Tzva Coehn.

Tzva Cohen- join the clash between one man and the corporations.

Southern Yugoslavia
Member Avatar
Wolfman
Sorry about the delay, I've been rather busy these past few days. Expect an update in the next couple days as my schedule clears.

Southern Yugoslavia
Member Avatar
Wolfman
I've updated the map with the most recent requests. Again, I apologize for the wait.

Aden Ragera
Member Avatar
hello, Again
http://i.imgur.com/sVVcb1X.jpg
Hope I posted the link right. Let me know if you can't open it or are having trouble finding the image.
Nation: Republic of Crazdea
The yellow circle is where my capital is at (Albiva) and if you look closely to the east I tried to outline Crazdea's main port city in black ( Mèrcer). I would much appreciate if you added these in those designated areas.
Also I would also like it if you matched or came close to how the west border lines up all the way south where it meets the free state, as you may have noticed I already have the shape of the nation pictured.
The island to the north-west is uninhabitable and is used as a nuclear testing site, while the group of islands to the North-east are also Crazdean territory (Also has heavy military presence) and they can be the same color as the mainland ( I prefer blue if that's not too much trouble). Oh and this request is optional in case it might already have been named the body of water to the east near Crazdean shoreline can be called Grand Rhone bay and is known to be crawling with pirates![edit_reason]Adjustments [/edit_reason]
Edited by Aden Ragera, Feb 11 2016, 05:37:33 PM.

giannisisj
No Avatar
Hive Drone
Hey guys, King Junso (not revealing real name here...) here. Great New Romastia needs a land claim so here we go!

Nation: New Romastia
Location: The land between Bachtendekuppen and Mariarty (The rest of the little landmass theyre on....the empty land between them) and the capital is the the middle and to the left. The small island i also want to claim as it will be a naval base. The capitals name is Datlof.

Thanks for reading my claim post, if theres any problems please reply it to me. Thanks and Long Live New Romastia. God Bless the King.

Respublika Bielarus
Member Avatar
The Candy Man
My application for a spot:
Name-Respublika Bielarus
Location: We would prefer to be on the same place as Xiopothos just on the complete opposite side of the island.
Size: same as the real Belarus 80,155 sq. mi.
Important info: Conservative Democracy, built on the principles of Christianity. 2 houses of Parliament, a Presidency, and Prime Minister, along with the cabinet of ministers.

Ehirsaa
No Avatar
Hive Drone
My application for a spot:
Name: Republic of Ehirsaa
Location: South Western Continent. Far Western Coastline. Center Coastal Area Of Continent.
Size: 163,696 mi²
Important info: A Republic where the people truly have the say. Not conservative but not liberal either. A nice blend of the two. Civil Rights have been sacrificed for a better economy as well as political freedoms. And though sacrificed, civil rights are still considered important. As such, legal proceedings are extremely regulated and the defendant is truly considered innocent till proven guilty. Church & State are separated and religion has no funding of any kind from the government nor does it have any form on any currency or government property.

GamCal
Member Avatar
hello, Again
Name: Graustarks

Important RP (tell us a bit about your nation!): The Dictatorship of Graustarks is a medium sized, orderly nation ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

Stanley Kubrick
Member Avatar
hello, Again
Spot Application

Name: Stanley Kubrick
Location: http://m.imgur.com/M7GFDQ6 (Halvii is just there for reference) I would like my nation to be in the same square as Halvii, going a little over into the square above. I would also like those little islands on the far left on the image.

Important RP: The Empire of Stanley Kubrick is a tiny, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and suspicion of poets. The hard-working population of 18 million Stanley Kubrickians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
"You're an idealist, and I pity you as I would the village idiot." Stanley Kubrick

Todd McCloud
Member Avatar
Planet Telox
Hey all, your map requests are being processed. In the meantime, how about starting up some roleplays or joining some current ones? We are pretty easy-going and enjoy roleplayers that are bold!
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II
Vekaiyu's Wiki Page | Ikrisia Levinile's Wiki Page | Listonia's Wiki Page

GamCal
Member Avatar
hello, Again
Todd McCloud
Mar 4 2016, 11:27:01 PM
Hey all, your map requests are being processed. In the meantime, how about starting up some roleplays or joining some current ones? We are pretty easy-going and enjoy roleplayers that are bold!
You might want to remove me because I don't consider myself experienced enough at roleplay or politics, So I probably will not do anything with it.

Southern Yugoslavia
Member Avatar
Wolfman
Hey guys, been busy with work and school lately, but I will be going through the requests tonight and updating the map tonight/tomorrow night. Thank you for your patience, and feel free to get involved!

Southern Yugoslavia
Member Avatar
Wolfman
Alright, map has been updated. I didn't add you in GamCal because you said you wanted to be taken off, let me know if you ever want to be put on. Aden Ragera, I cut back your claim substantially due to your still relative "newness" as what you claimed would immediately put you at the third largest nation. I hope what I did give you is acceptable, and if you have any questions or concerns (goes for everyone placed on the map), let me know.

Aden Ragera
Member Avatar
hello, Again
Can't complain.. You forgot my cities though, it's fine, just add the capital (Mèrcer) somewhere down the center (near the middle lake) and we are done
Edited by Aden Ragera, Mar 19 2016, 05:10:43 PM.

giannisisj
No Avatar
Hive Drone
Im not trying to complain and I understand that your schedule is very full but Ive waited about 2 months for my claim on the TEP map, and the great *ahem* fair Absolute Monarch of New Romastia needs its power to *cough* restore what it was before "The Great 15 Year War." Glory to Romastia. Long live the King!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Regional Atlas · Next Topic »
Add Reply

© The East Pacific 2003-2018