Out of Character

Government
Executive Offices
Delegate: Yuno
Magisterium
Provost: Asendavia
Conclave
Viceroy: Aelitia

Welcome to The East Pacific. We hope you enjoy your visit.

How to register an account
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you may register an account here!

I'm registered. How can I post?
When you sign up on our forums, your account is classified under the "visa" group. Individuals who are in this group will only be able to post in certain areas of the forum. To gain the ability to post on all public sections of these forums, read this post and follow the directions to make a post in that forum. An administrator will review your account and if there are no problems you'll be able to post in no time!

Username:   Password:
Multiquote ON Multiquote off
Add Reply
Wintreath
Topic Started: Oct 29 2014, 05:08:50 PM (915 Views)
Polaris
Member Avatar
hello, Again

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wintreath Foreign Update

Posted Image

Government of Wintreath

Monarch: Wintermoot
Jarl of Defense: Vacant
Jarl of Culture: Amalya
Jarl of Foreign Affairs: Wintermoot
Jarl of Information: Stacky
Jarl of Integration: Polaris
Jarl of WA Affairs: Reon
Jarl of Mediations: Daylen Pheonix

Citizen’s Corner

Posted Image
The Citizen's Corner Recording Studio

Citizen's Corner is a regular feature where we in the Department of Information select a Citizen new to Wintreath, and allow them to opine on current affairs and activity within the region. This month, our contributor is Point Breeze! PB has quickly proven himself a worthy Underhusen Skrifa and a great addition to the Wintreath community, and here's what he has to say:

Quote:

Dear reader,
Thank you for embarking on the adventure that is reading this article. I promise I’ll take you to far away places that, at first, seem like something out of your most pleasant dream. You’ll soon discover, however, that this place is very real, filled with amazing people that are also, very real. This magical land has a name, and it is the Frozen Realm of Wintreath.

While I’m new to this land myself, I’ve already made connections and had experiences that, in my humble opinion, occur just too sparingly in this world we inhabit. It’s been a very long time since I’ve been included (and accepted!) in a community that is so close-knit, but also inviting. Wintreath has the pleasant distinction of an inviting atmosphere and strong supportive relationships between citizens. People of all political ideologies, viewpoints, and opinions are respected and included in numerous discussions. Part of what makes Wintreath so incredible is this inclusive atmosphere that draws you in and keeps hold – much like a massive, tentacled sea monster.

The region is as active as it is accepting. A small core of dedicated players keep the region filled with games, roleplays, and IRC banter, among other activities. Therein lies the group’s biggest weakness, though – we need MOAR. Wintreath is an amazing place, so naturally I want to share the good experiences I’ve had, but we are in need of fun, outgoing, motivated NS players looking for the best region in the world(s).

Alas, the my tale is ended, but don’t distress, the dream lives on in the Frozen Realm of Wintreath. I’ve found a great place to call home, and I’m eager to see it grow into something even greater!

Fifth Underhusen Elected!

Posted Image
Spanish-speaking Wintreans were clearly annoyed at the polls - Article by Polaris

Previously in the UH... "5 Should Be Good... I Guess.."

Now :

Our Glorious Monarch, Wintermoot (Inric Nordim Kestar) I, has announced the new generation of UH Members. All of which have proved their wits to claim the throne... er... seat. I Welcome to You In No Particular Order: Prudii, Point Breeze, Jonewest O_O, Amalya, and Denth Kasten! As you can infer, they are tasked with creating and passing laws, which are key to Wintreath's security. There was also the matter of the ratification of Wintreath Title Amendment Act. It passed 19-1, with 1 additional vote declared invalid, which means that this amendment has successfully passed and will be added to the Fundamental Laws.

We all wish this cast a blessing of productivity and creativity.

The Search for the New Riksrad

Posted Image
Wintermoot searches for job candidates the only way he knows how - Article by Stacky

Wintreath's executive cabinet, known simply as the Riksrad, has always had a history plagued with resignations and short staffing. It's the simple reality. Serving on the Riksrad myself, I'm well aware of the increased commitment, experience, and responsibility needed to hold such a position. And as with all NationStates regions, members come and members go with almost clockwork regularity. These past few months have been no exception.

At the beginning of April, in an attempt to solve this very problem, elections were held not only for the legislative Underhusen, but the Riksrad as well. Normally done by appointment, the decision to elect Riksrad members looked like it would work. Hopes were high as the Riksrad was fully staffed for the first time.

As the NationStates summer lull began to sweep through the region, it became apparent that a new solution would be needed. Only 3 months after the elections, the Riksrad was back in the same situation. Horse, the elected Jarl of Foreign Affairs, was relieved of his position after leaking intelligence and failing to cooperate. He left the region soon afterwards. Several other members failed to meet activity requirements, and Denth Kasten, a long-standing member and Jarl of Defense from the very beginning, resigned his position toward the end of July.

The elections, ultimately, did not succeed, so Wintermoot came up with a new plan to revive his cabinet. A two-week long, rigorous set of trials that would serve as the application for the vacant Riksrad positions: The Contenders! Several citizens were up for the challenge, running contests, sitting for interviews, and proving that they could take on the positions they sought. At the end of the process, it appeared that there was neither success nor failure: Amalya took on her new role as Jarl of Culture, yet the Jarl of Foreign Affairs remained empty, eventually taken up by the Monarch himself. The Hvitt Riddaral, Wintreath's defense force, implemented three temporary positions to run the military in the absence of a Jarl.

Wintrean Culture Explodes!

Posted Image
A recent parade celebrating Harry McClain's latest selfie - Article by Stacky

The conclusion of The Contenders selection process left Wintreath with a brand new Jarl of Culture, and while the process didn't quite fill all the vacancies, it certainly selected the best possible candidate for the job. With relative newcomer Amalya at the helm of the cultural scene in Wintreath, the region is seeing the most exciting, vibrant, and active culture it's had in it's history!

There are countless new events and activities that all citizens can now take part in. What used to be a standard collection of roleplays in a single, modest board has been completely transformed into 4 separate cultural hotspots, each highlighting a specific aspect of culture. The Merriment Quarter houses all event planning and discussions, along with competitions in everything from programming to poetry. A newly-designed RP section streamlines the game-playing process, both in and out of character. The third new addition, the Howling Wind Tavern, has been repurposed to hold all general discussions along with the popular AMA sub-forum. The final section, The Hall of Great Discussions, is for serious debating and discussion over all manner of issues from solar roadways to political debates to Wal-mart.

And probably most exciting, Wintreath now has a brand new radio station! Broadcasting live 24/7, listeners enjoy quite a tasteful music selection, and talk show programs are on the horizon. It's safe to say that the culture in WIntreath has never been better. One can only dream about what's in store for the region's fast approaching first anniversary!

Manual Recruitment Program Underway

Posted Image
We didn't seem to have any color photographs of our telegram rooms - Article by Applebania

In the current Nationstates environment, Script and Stamp-based recruitment reign supreme over regions that put in the work to grow their regions by hand and recruit manually. However, Wintreath has stepped up to challenge the domination of scripts and stamps and has now begun recruiting manually. The difficulty of this task should not be understated: maintenance of a dedicated recruitment team is not an easy task, and this has led to population drops. However, the persistence of Wintreath’s community also should not be understated: Wintreath can and will prove that manual recruitment can and will work in Nationstates, even after the introduction of stamps. The region hopes to reduce its monthly expenditure while continuing to grow in the future.

News In Briefs

Posted Image
No, we are not apologizing for our puns

- Mentorship Program: All new citizens to Wintreath will now receive an experienced player as their mentor to the region. The Department of Integration is excited to see what it will bring in the future.

- Avatar Contests: Themed avatar contests led by Wintermoot and Amalya have been reintroduced to the region, as multiple Batmans and RPG characters have been spotted throughout the forums.

- 20,000+ Posts: Wintreath has crossed another milestone, as the young region reaches the 20k post mark. Congratulations to all Wintreans!

- 500+ Members: And yet another milestone - Wintreath now boasts over 500 members on its forums.

- New Publications: Several newspapers have sprung up in the past months, including everything from Stark's privately-run Wintreath Guardian paper to Wintermoot's new 'My Piece' column.

Thank you for reading!
Polaris Azkevja Avestrii

Patriarch of the Avestrii Family

Wintreath's Ambassador to "The East Pacific"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
Greetings and Happy Holidays from your friends in Wintreath!

Posted Image
Inside entrance to Sovereign Hall, Frostlake Castle

We are in the midst of what I feel is one of the most magical times of the year...the holidays: that time when there's a bit more magic in the air, when landscapes are a touch more festive, and we think back to the things and the people we care about most. With that sentiment in mind I wanted to take a moment to wish The East Pacific and everyone within it a very happy holiday season and just express how appreciative I am of our diplomatic partnership. It has always been my view that relations between regions are investments made with each other for the mutual benefit of both parties, and I truly believe that your friendship has brought Wintreath and myself a great many good things throughout the past year.

Although each relationship has enriched Wintreath in its own unique way, I apologize that given time constraints I can not craft a more personalized message for each of our partner regions. Please know that we do not undertake or maintain diplomatic relations casually, and you are truly considered a friend and partner of our region. From the bottom of my heart I wish The East Pacific and everyone in it happy holidays and all the best in 2015. I look forward to continuing our relations in the new year.

Most sincerely yours,
Posted Image
Inric Nordrim Kestar (Wintermoot I of Wintreath)
Monarch and Founder of Wintreath

The holidays are upon us once again, and I want to wish The East Pacific a very happy holiday filled with warmth and joy.

Hugsim
Speaker of the Underhusen

Bachtendekuppen
Member Avatar
The Puffin
I thank the honorable representative from Wintreath, and the region of Wintreath for its kind words. Happy holidays and may you prosper in the new year!
Posted Image
Bach for TEP

Main Nation

Motto

"No matter how hard your day, no matter how tough your choices, how complex your ethical decisions, you always get to choose what you want for lunch." - Denny Crane

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
You're Invited!

Posted Image
The stage is set! Well, kinda...we're getting there...

Greetings, friends! We are beginning to overhaul our regional culture, and as part of the kickoff we are happy to invite you to our region for a friendly game of Werewolf that will start on Sunday, January 11th. You probably know the basics to the usual games of Werewolf or Mafia, but the theme for our game will take place on a talent show, of all places! To better explain, here is a message from Pengu, the organizer and mastermind of this particular game.

Quote:

Hey there potential contestants from our ally regions, this is Pengu speaking to you today from my lovely ocean-side home (well, more surrounded by ocean) in Penguin Dicators.

Not too long ago, the popular game known as Werewolf came to Wintreath. I'm here to let you know today that the 2nd Werewolf game, known as Wintreath's Got Talent, will be making its way to Wintreath on January 10th of this year. If you've never heard of the show America's/Britain's/etc.. 's Got Talent, then don't worry!

In this game, players play the role of contestants. During each day phase, you'll vote as a group who you want to perform in front of the judges next, and let's be honest, nobody wants to perform in front of the judges this game...they'll most likely boot you from the show! There is also a group of Saboteurs that will stop at nothing to make sure that you'll be booted next. Defeat all of them, and your victory is assured. Whoever the last contestant is will become the winner of Wintreath's Got Talent! And just to make it fair, we've enlisted some very special roles to help you out. We've got a fabulous Magician to help you seek out the wolves, some lovely wall makers to help protect you, and a more unusual role that you'll just have to see for yourself!

And get this! The winner, or winners of Wintreath's Got Talent will get to choose a prize in the form of a key for one of Wintermoot's many games on Steam! Titles include: Airline Tycoon, Age of Empires II: HD Edition, Risen, and even Terraria!

So if you want to become a contestant on Wintreath's Got Talent, then come on down to Wintreath and sign up before the deadline and get ready to play a game that is guaranteed to be exciting to say the least.

Warning: By signing up for Wintreath's Got Talent, you agree to sign over your first born child to the Lord High Emperor of Penguins of Penguinis Isle. If you do not have a child to forfeit, then you will instead work off your debt in the Diamond Mines. The staff of Wintreath's Got Talent is not liable for any injuries or death caused in the show or in the diamond mines, and by agreeing to be a contestant, you sign away your rights to a trial by jury and your ability to sue the staff of Wintreath's Got Talent for any damages. Thank you.

Oh yeah, did we mention there's prizes, too? :P To sign up for the game, simply register an account on our forums and sign up for the game here. There are no special access requirements, and you can sign up and participate as soon as you register. At the conclusion of the game, we plan on sending out another dispatch with news of who won the game and which regions they harked from. In the process I hope we will also learn lessons that we can use toward hosting even larger events such as festivals for us to mingle together and have fun with. Hope to see you in the game, and as always I am most appreciative of our friends in The South Pacific.

Most sincerely yours,
Posted Image

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
Beginning of Year Review! Your Help is Requested!

Posted Image
The current saying around the Ministry of Foreign Affairs

With the beginning of the new year, we are in the process of refreshing our information on our partner regions, such as ambassadors sent to us, R/D alignment, etc, and we would appreciate your help in keeping our information current for The East Pacific. The link below will take you to our Status of Information page, which contains all of our data...we would just like to know if the information is correct or if there are changes that are needed, and you can let us know by either posting in this topic or by informing our ambassador to you. If your ambassador to us is out of date, then it may be that you need to send us a new one, as the person listed is the last person to apply from your region to apply for ambassador masking.

Link to Status of Diplomatic Relations: http://wintreath.com/forums/index.php?topic=1850.0

Thanks for your help in keeping our information current! We look forward to working with you through the new year!

Most sincerely yours,
Posted Image

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
Wintreath's Got Talent (Werewolf II) Concludes, Contestants Win!

Posted Image
A saboteur's stunt has people running from the stage...

Greetings! The Werewolf game we sent invitations out for last month has concluded, and as promised this is a play-by-play of how it went and who had not broken a leg when all was said and done, given by Pengu, the showrunner of the game! This was Wintreath's first attempt at hosting an inter-regional event and overall I believe we can call it a success that we can build future events on. I'm glad so many people came to our region and had a good time, and as Monarch I would like to think our partner regions for allowing us to post an invitation, the players that joined for helping make the game as fun as it was, and especially to our Acting Jarl of Culture, Pengu, without whom this would not have been possible.

Quote:

Hello everyone, Pengu here!

It was on Christmas Eve when sign ups for Wintreath's Got Talent began, and I'm here to tell you today that the show has at last concluded.

It was a tough game for both sides all around. It almost seemed doomed at the start for the good guys, as they lost Fabulous Frannie (aka the Seer) during the very first Commercial break and one of the Wall Sons (aka one of the defenders) during the second. But with the death of a Saboteur on the second Showtime, the contestants were determined.

As round 3 came and went and innocents continued to be either voted off or sabotaged. The most amusing news was the tie in round 3 between Ater Nox and The Candy Lane. TCL had won the coin toss, and thus Ater Nox was booted. Things looked grim once more to the contestants, as they dwindled down to a 4-2 advantage with only one Wall son protecting them. Even Frankie G was a wild card, since he could take his win with either team...thus making it so he could choose to help either side.

But much to the contestants' surprise, Frankie G decided to help them instead of the Saboteurs, and it was during the 4th showtime that their victory was assured. When all had voted to off Hugsim, one of the Wall sons, Colberius X (playing the role of Frankie G) decided to take a shot and shift all of the votes to Aersoldorf. Little did he know that by making that switch, he had saved a wall son in exchange for the second Saboteur!

To add further insult to injury to the bad guys, Colberius X used his one-shot negate power during the following commercial break, keeping the field at a 4-1 advantage for the good guys. And with a bit of luck (since none of them knew who each other were), the remaining 3 (with the 4th being in active) voted against The Candy Lane...who just happened to be the final Saboteur!

And thus the good guys: Barry, Hugsim, Aragonn, and Colberius X stole the win. And with a bit of randomizer action, Barry's remarkable act had stolen away the hearts of the judges and earned him the spot of Top Talent for a second time (Barry was a returning winner from Taco Island's Got Talent)!

Now, I've only explained the bare-bones results of the game. But I encourage anyone reading this to check out the thread on Wintreath for the full game and results, complete with fully fleshed out scripts/scenarios for every time that a contestant went up on stage. You can check out the thread here.

This game wouldn't have been possible without all of the support of Wintreath's ambassadors spreading the word, as well as the continued support of our Monarch, Wintermoot. But most importantly, this game wouldn't have been possible without the awesome players that participated within it. So to everyone who helped make this game possible, thank you very much and I hope to see you again in the future games.

If you have an interest in Werewolf and didn't get to participate in this game, fear not! As I said, there will be future games, and I strongly encourage anyone interested to take part.

And this goes for other games that Wintreath may host as well: If you have a desire to participate or simply wish to know more, simply check out Wintreath and send either myself or the game's host a PM, or you can send your local ambassador a PM and they can gather the details for you and see if the game is something you'd be interested in.

I hope I get the pleasure of either hosting a game with many of you taking part, or playing alongside you in future games!

-Pengu

God-Emperor
Member Avatar
Mool-Tee-Pass
Thanks for the update.
Posted ImageThe Fourth Imperium

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
Invitation from Wintreath to Werewolf III

Posted Image
I know nothing of Yu-Gi-Oh, so you get this generic image from Google! -Wintermoot

On behalf of the Frozen Realm, I'm happy to be able to extend this invitation from our region to yours for our next Werewolf event, which will be Yu-Gi-Oh! themed! We're hoping to build on the success of the last game so that this one is even more fun and active, so it should be an absolute blast! Please check out the invitation below, written by our Acting Jarl of Culture, Pengu, for more information on the event, including the sign-up link.

Quote:

It's time to duel in Wintreath's 3rd game of Werewolf!

If you're getting this message, it means that you've been chosen as a finalist in the Battle City Tournament, sponsored by Kaiba Corp. By this time you should have already obtained your 6 locator cards used to find the location of the finals, as well as the rare cards you've gotten from every duelist that you've beaten so far. If you put the locator cards on your DUEL DISK SYSTEM! (trademark), it will show you the location of the battle city finals. Strong opponents are recommended, while weak duelists (like Joey Wheeler) are required to stay out of the way and stay at home. All contestants are asked to follow the rules, unless you're me...since I have money, so screw the rules. And if anyone can tell me if they've seen Mokuba, that'd be great. He gets himself kidnapped at least once a day to where I've practically lost count. And if you're a certain person claiming to be a Pharaoh, then don't get too comfortable with Sleifer the Executive Producer – It'll be mine soon enough.

I'd wish you all luck in the finals, but I'll be the one to win this and become the #1 duelist in the world, so watch out.

-Kaiba

Hey everyone, Pengu here!

If you haven't guessed, Werewolf 3 will be centered around the events of the 2nd season of Yu Gi Oh! But it gets better: It's not centered around the 2nd season of the actual show...but the 2nd season of the Abridged series created by Littlekuriboh, and found here. If you've ever watched the original anime, I'd highly recommend this amusing abidged series that continues to be updated today. If you've never seen the cartoon, fear not! This game does not require any type of knowledge of the anime, but only the knowledge of a typical game of Werewolf. Like the previous Werewolf, this one is promised to be full of suspsense, tension, and lots of humor to help defuse the tension, and I strongly recommend people who are considering it to give it a shot – you won't be disappointed. Signups can be found in the link provided in the opening paragraph (where it says location), and they'll close on Sunday, February 22nd. I look forward to seeing new faces as well as hopefully some returning faces from previous games.

-Pengu

Most sincerely yours,
Posted Image
Ambassador to [region]

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
Orendi VII
Wintreath Foreign Update

Posted Image

Government of Wintreath

Jarl of Culture: Amalya (Pengu as Acting Jarl)
Jarl of Defense: Chanku
Jarl of Integration: Point Breeze

A Message from the Monarch

Posted Image
Just another standard photo op for the Monarch. Article by Wintermoot.

Greetings, friends and allies of Wintreath. You may have noticed that this is the first Orendi to be dispatched in quite a few months. As we have worked to overhaul our foreign affairs program, it has become apparent that it takes a great amount of time and effort to put this dispatch together, and because of that we will be scaling the Orendi back from a monthly dispatch to a seasonal dispatch, with each edition covering events from the season before in detail. Between releases, we will continue to send smaller dispatches covering everything from events going on in the region to interviews to tidbits about the region. We feel this is the best way to maintain active relations and embassies with all of our diplomatic partners.

I hope that you enjoy reading our latest Orendi, and that relations between our regions continue to grow and prosper.

Judicial Reform Perplexes Wintreath

Posted Image
The fight over Judicial reform! Article by Wintermoot

In a region that has seen few political divisions, the debate and continued failure to come to agreement on judicial reform stands out. While most Citizens agree that the current judicial system isn't working, there are a wide variety different ideas on the system that should replace it. Proposals have included the creation of a jury pool of Citizens whose members would be selected to hear cases at random, the creation of an elected Supreme Court, the transfer of judicial authorities to the Monarch, and the abolition of the judiciary entirely. While the debate has been on-and-off since June, to date no proposal has passed the Storting with the 2/3 supermajority required to amend the Fundamental Laws, the Constitution of our region. Given that proposals most also pass a referendum by the same supermajority, it goes without saying that any judicial proposal has a harrowing journey to passage.

To better understand the diversity of ideas and the mindsets behind them, I've approached some of our current and past members of government that have advocated a particular solution with one question: why do you feel your stance is the right one for Wintreath over the others?

Reon (Underhusen Skrifa): You have recently authored and introduced the Omnibus Judicial Repeal, stating that it was in anticipation of another amendment bringing judicial authorities to the Monarch. Why do you feel this is the best approach for Wintreath?

Quote:

To me, our current system is a lie. It places power quite fictionally in the hands of people when of course, this is not possible in a monarchy. I see this as a good step to a more honest, more flexible, more visibly pro-monarch law.

Unlike my compatriot, Chanku, I feel that traditionalism is a danger to society. A way to ignore our problems and claim that they are in fact strengths. I feel a more flexible law is a more powerful law and that in a monarchy with a highly trusted Monarch this is highly possible.

Thank you for giving me this chance to speak.

Joshua Bleuteisen (Underhusen Skfria): In the current debate, you have openly supported abolishing the judiciary and going as far as stating you wouldn't support any other judicial reform proposal. Why do you feel abolishment is the best approach for Wintreath?

Quote:

We're a small community; a community this small is better off with a powerful executive, versus a slow and ineffective judiciary.

If we were to implement one, I feel that it would be best to have a fresh start versus trying to fix our current, haphazardly put-together system.

Wintermoot (Monarch): You authored the first judicial reform attempt, the Administration of Justice Amendment Act, which would have created a jury pool with members selected at random for each court case, but withdrew support for it after it failed in the Storting not once, but twice. Why did you feel this was the best approach for Wintreath?

Quote:

I don't believe that the issues with the current system are in the ideas behind it, but the implementation. The current system was designed so that we would have a slate of potential judges knowledgeable about Wintrean law for each case instead of an inactive judicial branch with the same people deciding each and every case, which raises the potential for arbitrary decisions and abuses of power. I felt that the Administration of Justice Amendment Act resolved the loopholes and issues by removing judicial authorities from the Storting and creating a formal pool of judges that anyone meeting the requirements could apply for.

However, I've accepted that this is not the direction the region wants to go in, and since withdrawing support I'm mostly listening to the other proposals and chiming in when I feel I have something constructive to contribute to the debate.

Chanku (Underhusen Speaker): To date, you have opposed all proposals for judicial reform and have instead recently proposed two Acts, the Judicial Offices Omnibus Amendment Act and the Case Selection Procedure Act, both of which aim to fix the current system. Why do you feel fixing the current system is the best approach for Wintreath?

Quote:

My answer lies in what I politically am in Wintreath, and my history in Wintreath in some part, along with my line of thought in the other part. You see, I've been here since the start, and I helped write the Fundamental Laws as well. I'm also a traditionalist, in the sense that I prefer not changing things constitutionally unless necessary, as in if there was an error that if not fixed could cause a bit of a disaster or there is proof that it fails to work.

Therefore I want to preserve our current system. I do acknowledge it has it's faults, as with any system, however I am unsure if it actually works due to a lack of cases to date to actually see if it works.

However it should be noted that I will compromise, while I initial opposed the Administration of Justice Act, I later decided to come out in support as I felt it was the best compromise at the time. Although at this time it should be noted that I would probably abstain on all vote should it pass through the chambers. I do however oppose the abolishment and the passing of the Judicial System to the Monarch. The main reason being that there is no reason, other than that we are a fictional monarchy, which holds little weight in my opinion.

Games, Games, and more games to come!

Posted Image
A collection of Wintreath's many games to play! Article by Pengu

If there's anything that we know anyone loves, it's games, and this may be something that is slowly becoming what Wintreath can be known for. What started as a single Werewolf game has exploded into much more because of the astounding participation from both our citizens and residents, as well as our growing tourist population. In fact, as of writing this, Werewolf is in the works of its 4th game with one of our newest citizens, Laurentus, taking the helm.

Spyfall was also introduced into Wintreath, and was met with much enthusiasm. Now, our acting Jarl of Culture is working on more ideas to cook up on what to bring to Wintreath in the form of regional games and contests. Some of his ideas include Clue, Resistance, 20 questions, and even an interactive form of Choose your own Adventure. We're looking forward to see just what other games will be popping up around Wintreath, and we hope to see all of you taking part when they do.

Citizen of the Month Contest Established, Amalya First Winner

Posted Image
Citizens discuss what makes someone a Citizen of the Month. Article by Wintermoot.

Wintreath recently had its first Citizen of the Month election, where Citizens can nominate and then choose an outstanding member of the community that has had a great impact on the region and the people in it. The Citizen of the Month then gets a special forum mask with the colour of their choice and the opportunity to be interviewed so everyone can get to know their Citizen of the Month and their reflections on their time in the region.

The first person to be recognized by our Citizens is our Jarl of Culture, Amalya, who is someone I can safely say has touched so many of us in the community for the better through her openness, honesty, charm, humour, and strength to stand up for who she is and what she believes in. She's been a true role model for everyone here, and it's an absolute honour to be able to interview her.

Quote:

Congrats on being elected as Wintreath's first Citizen of the Month! Of course, you have previously been recognized by the Monarchy when you were made a Countess, but how does it feel to now be recognized by your fellow Citizens?

It feels great. Recognition from the Monarchy is fantastic, but being recognized by the other citizens of our great region is fantastic, and heartwarming.

Let's go back to the beginning, when you first joined our community back in May. What brought you to Wintreath in the first place, and what were your first impressions as a new Citizen starting out in the region? Did anything surprise you?

In May, I was returning to NS after an absence, and looking for a new home. Honestly I'm still not sure why I chose Wintreath, perhaps it was fate, I just know I'm glad I did. When I first arrived, the thing that struck me the most was the openness, and how approachable everyone seemed to be. I didn't really know what to expect coming here, so nothing really surprised me.

Since then, you've become a vital part of our community and you've done so much for the region. What do you consider to be your proudest accomplishment in the region, and how has the community itself impacted you?

My proudest accomplishment in the region cannot be measured. The thing I pride myself on most in the region is all the smiles I am able to bring to all the citizens faces. I cannot measure my success by contributions to the region in such a way that would allow me to pick just one, because without the community support, and without the citizens as a whole, I would have nothing to succeed at. The biggest impact that Wintreath has had on me is definitely giving me confidence, both in dealing with my current illness, and in dealing with every day life. Contrary to anything Jone has to say on the matter, I came here with less of a view of myself, but now hold my head up proudly.

Being a veteran of the region and all its antics now, if you could give one piece of advice to new and potential Citizens of the region, what would it be?

Get involved. Seriously, not necessarily in the government side of things if that's not your style, but get involved in the culture side of things at least. Wintreath is a very unique place, and will quickly become a second family to you if you let us in. Speak up if there is anything you are unsure of. Wintreath is a vibrant community, your involvement will make it that much better for you, and everyone else in the region.

When you imagine Wintreath in the future, what does it look like to you? Anything you'd like to see happen?

I'd like to see Wintreath continue to grow, not just in numbers but in activity as well. We already have a great sense of community, and that will only continue to get better and better. Wintreath's future will have a lot more of myself in it as well, since I refuse to be kept down by my illness any longer. I'd like to see our roleplay section have a little more variety to it again, to appeal to all citizens.

It's wonderful to hear that you'll be with us more often again. Any final thoughts or remarks for the region and the world at large?

Thank you Wintreath, for not only accepting me as I am, but embracing me as well. The region is a better place for having each and every one of you in it. You all are amazing.

It's the Great Election Day Wintermoot!

Posted Image
This new election term is already full of surprises! Article by Pengu.

Last term, we had a list of candidates run for office, though none of the candidates had campaigned. It was something that was dreaded to happen in the future, because it was something that had potentially foreshadowed what the term itself was going to be like.

This term however, has proved quite the opposite! Very shortly after elections had opened, candidates began to pop up like daisies. And in an equal amount of time, campaign threads began to pop up as well! While only half of the candidates have started campaigning as of writing this, it's definitely a welcome change compared to last term.

And it's proving to be quite exciting so far too! Almost immediately after campaign threads came up did questions start pouring in for our candidates. Between answering those, the debates being sparked in the campaign threads, and the action that it's sparked in candidates taking the initiative to do things in other parts of the forum...let's just say it's been quite an exciting election process so far for Wintreath, and no matter who gets elected this term, it'll be an election to remember.

News in Briefs

Posted Image
Happy news makes for happy briefs!

• Wintreath held a successful festival with The North Pacific which lasted from February 8th to the 13th and included a AMA for Wintermoot and McMasterdonia, an event to match people up with new friends from the other region, and an icebreaker that led to discussion of everything from hobbies to music.
  • Wintreath committed to eventually adopting a regional currency later in the spring. A regional contest gave us the name of this future currency, the Krone.
  • A Sunshine Policy was announced regarding discussions of the Riksråd, the regional Cabinet. Cabinet discussions will now be made public after one year.
  • Acting Jarl of Culture Pengu brought Werewolf (Mafia) games to the region, which have become a huge success and has thus far resulted in three very fun games. Plans are under way for a fourth game hosted by new Citizen Laurentus in the near future.
  • Wintreath entered into a treaty pact with The Rejected Realms in November, and just recently entered into a treaty of friendship with Ainur.
  • Since the publication of the last Orendi, Wintreath has established relations with Taijitu, Mordor, and The South Pacific(again). Hello, new friends!

Thanks for reading!

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
An Invitation to Werewolf IV

Greetings to our friends!

I'm pleased to be able to forward you this invitation from Wintreath to the fourth iteration of our regional Werewolf game! This time one of our new Citizens, Laurentus, will be running the game, but it should be as fun as the past games we've put on! We hope to see you there! The invitation contains the link needed to join, and you don't have to apply for anything to sign up, just register on our forum if you don't already have an account.

Quote:

Hey there everyone, Pengu here with another friendly Werewolf announcement! Werewolf IV is kicking off its sign ups right now, with Laurentus taking the reigns! He's got quite a game in store for us, using Monty Python's: The Holy Grail as his theme. Here's how he describes the game:

Quote:

So the theme for Werewolf IV is going to be Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and the object is to try and get past the Bridgekeeper and get to -- you guessed it -- the holy grail!

But it's not that simple. During the day phase, someone will get nominated to face the Bridgekeeper's 3 riddles (the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow may or may not be included), and whoever gets the most votes will be forced to do so. Failing even one of the 3 riddles will mean instant death in a fiery pit just below the bridge.

At night, the two (or possibly more, depending on how many people participate) disguised French knights will try to eliminate one member of the party at camp, while Arthur tries to identify who among his party are the French knights, and Sir Galahad the Pure and Sir Robin the not-quite-so-brave-as-Sir-Lancelot try to defend one person each night. Sir Lancelot has the power to kill one person independently each night for up to 3 nights. Sir Lancelot is a bit of a tool, and is just as likely to kill an innocent as a bad guy, making him the vigilante of this game of werewolf, although he owes his allegiance to the good guys. There may also be a seer for the bad guys as well depending on the number of players that we get!

Sounds interesting right? I encourage anyone who wants to take part to come on over and sign up today!

You can sign up for the game here: wintreath.com/forums/index.php?topic=2218.0

I hope to see you there!

Sincerely,
Gabriel S. Penguon (Aka Pengu)
Posted Image

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
Invitation to First Wintreath Hearthstone Tournament

Posted Image
This is what our tournament would look like if we had a budget. Maybe next time?

Greetings, friends of Wintreath!

As someone that has envisioned competitive e-sports taking root in NationStates, I'm happy to announce that our region is preparing to host our very first Hearthstone tournament, and of course you are invited! For more about the event, please see the message below from the host of the tournament, Hugsim. If you're a Hearthstone player and are interested please consider signing up! We hope to see you there!

Quote:

Hello there everyone! This is Hugsim, the host of the first Wintrean Hearthstone tournament speaking live, from wonderful Wintreath.

Hearthstone is an online collectible card game from Blizzard, the creators of Starcraft and World of Warcraft. It's surprisingly easy to get into, and has countless of hours of fun in store for you.

Hearthstone became popular in the region after it was voted April's Game of the Month which lead to several citizens playing against each other every now and then, and one thing lead to another, and now we're here with a tournament soon to begin!

The signups end on Friday the 29th. Hope to see you there!

- Hugsim

Most sincerely yours,
Posted Image

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
Werewolf goes Old School:

Posted Image
Some of the odd characters that appeared in the Kingdom last night.

It's absolute chaos in the peaceful Mushroom Kingdom, as King Bowser Koopa uses a wand that opens portals throughout Mushroom Kingdom and alters the universe. Now ducks are flying throughout and spreading trouble, an ape has taken to high places and throwing barrels while holding Princess Daisy captive, and many of the peaceful toads have developed a strange desire: to deliver papers on a bicycle while avoiding pointless obstacles and the occasional obstacle course...all while avoiding the occasional angry Toad coming out of their home and chasing them for breaking their window.

There's also the sudden emergence of heroes seeking golden triangles, a new fascination with karate and flying space ships, toads chasing others with whips claiming they're chasing vampires, and homes being destroyed by blocks seemingly appearing from space (and then disappearing when they touch)...but those things aren't important!

What is important is that Mushroom Kingdom is in danger, and it needs your help. Can you do what it takes to stop King Bowser Koopa before the Kingdom is completely destroyed? Or will it become a wasteland of retro proportions? Stop by the castle if you wish to save the kingdom!

Sound like fun? Stop on by Wintreath (a link is provided above) and sign up today!

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
Wintreath Q&A: Ask Us Anything!

Posted Image
If you have questions, we (might) have answers!

Greetings to our friends in TEP!

Part of the purpose of regions establishing relations with each other is to learn more about them and their communities, and hopefully over time to grow closer and find commonalities to base further relations from. We send out news releases and invitations to help expose who we are as a region and what we do, but nothing beats directly answering questions! If you'd like, ask me anything about Wintreath! If it isn't a question I can directly answer, I will find someone who can and relay it back to you. I look forward to answering any questions that you might have. :

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
Orendi VIII
Wintreath Foreign Update 8

Posted Image

Government of Wintreath

Jarl of Culture: Pengu (Sapphiron as Acting Jarl)
Jarl of Integration: Point Breeze

Wintreath Breaks Activity Records in June!
Posted Image
Article by Wintermoot

An influx of new members from a sustained recruitment and integration drive drove regional activity to levels never before seen, breaking all-time records for posts in a single day (297), for a week (1310), and for an entire month (3424). There was no one topic or event that drove activity, but several prominent discussions included Underhusen elections, the revival of the popular "Ask Me Anything" area, and a debate on a sunshine policy for a new private forum for the regional legislature, the Storting.

Ten Most Active Topics in June:
1. Double Post Game (Round II) - 765 posts
2. Say What's On Your Mind - 210 posts
3. Ask Me Anything: Anneliese - 165 posts
4. The Inter-regional Civilization V Competitions! - 124 posts
5. Word Association - 102 posts
6. [Discussion]Private Storting Forum Procedural Rules - 78 posts
7. Post Your Picture - 77 posts
8. Werewolf 5: Super Mario Continuum - 67 posts
9. My turn: Ask Me Anything! - 59 posts
10. MTBI Personality Test - 57 posts

The surge has also spread to other areas of the region, bringing new levels of activity to the regional Minecraft server and the revival of regional Civilization V games, while also sustaining an ongoing Hearthstone tournment and the beginning of the fifth regional game of Werewolf. Thanks to the effort of our recruiters, mentors, and Citizens, Wintreath has begun to realize a vision of hosting an expansive, friendly, and cooperative gaming community that transcends NationStates, and everyone in the region deserves a share of the credit for this success.

Elections! Elections Everywhere!
Posted Image
Article by Laurentus

June Elections:
Wintreath has recently concluded its tenth election for the Underhusen, the legislative body of government.

A total of ten candidates ran, competing for one of the five seats available.

The race remained unpredictable, with only two of the candidates - The Church of Satan and Laurentus - consistently getting enough votes to win seats as votes came in. Other candidates, such as taulover, gained an early lead, but ultimately fell behind as the election ran on.

The candidates who managed to win seats were:

1. The Church of Satan
2. Laurentus
3. HannahB
4. tatte
5. Aragonn

Laurentus was elected as Speaker, and he immediately appointed The Church of Satan as Speaker Pro Tempore and Aragonn as the Secretary.

April Elections:
The Underhusen elections in April were just as exciting, with ten candidates competing for five seats.

The candidate who ended with the most votes was Pengu, and his close runner-ups, who shared second place, were Reon and Laurentus.

The election ended with 3 of the candidates in a tie, however, and not one, but two run-off elections were held to break the ties!

Chanku, Sapphiron and Point Breeze competed in the first run-off, and while Sapphiron ended up winning the run-off with thirteen votes, Chanku and Point Breeze were once more tied with eight votes each.

In the second run-off, Point Breeze managed to gain a sizable lead and won with ten votes to Chanku's three.

In the aftermath of the elections, Pengu was quickly chosen as the Speaker, and appointed Point Breeze as the Speaker Pro Tempore.

This session went down as one of the most active in recent memory.

Revocation of Citizenship Attempt
Article by taulover

An unprecedented event happened last month in Wintreath with an attempt to revoke Govindia's citizenship. Govindia has been highly active in working to improve the Wintrean community, but has also been accused of harassment.

The revocation bill was pushed into the Underhusen by other Wintreans, who felt that Govindia was continually harassing other Wintreans, even after asked to stop. However, Govindia argued that others had been disrespectful towards him, and that he was simply being direct. Many others felt that a citizenship revocation was unnecessarily extreme; some observed that a trial via the courts system, which is unfortunately not that well-developed in Wintreath, would be more appropriate. Ultimately, this revocation bill became the first to pass in the Underhusen, albeit with a tie, but was defeated in the Overhusen after the original author of the bill withdrew his support.

Although this bill was not passed, it still serves to demonstrate improvements that can be done to the Wintrean legal system. The bill broke new ground by being the first to be discussed by both the Overhusen and Underhusen before even being introduced, demonstrating the potential for Overhusen-Underhusen collaborations in the future and providing the groundwork for the new private Storting forum. Furthermore, as the first widely discussed revocation bill, as well as being the first that passed the Underhusen, this bill shows that the citizenship revocation system works relatively smoothly, even though there have been some inevitable flaws. In addition, this bill highlights the potential for judicial reform in Wintreath. Many have pointed out that a trial regarding Govindia's behavior may have been better-suited, and that clearer laws regarding more minor punishments need to be established.

As such, even though the revocation bill was defeated, it has charted a course for change and improvement in the future.

Werewolf V!
Article by HannahB using material from Pengu

From the 25th of June to the 5th of July, the latest iteration of the game Werewolf was hosted by Pengu, while attendance was somewhat low, the game went very well. Here was the invitation message from Pengu:

Quote:

Hey everyone, Pengu here! It's been a quiet front for games on Wintreath for some time, but now we're coming at you with Werewolf 5: Super Mario Bros + Duck Hunt. Here's what it'll be about:

Quote:

Werewolf goes Old School:

Posted Image
Some of the odd characters that appeared in the Kingdom last night.

It's absolute chaos in the peaceful Mushroom Kingdom, as King Bowser Koopa uses a wand that opens portals throughout Mushroom Kingdom and alters the universe. Now ducks are flying throughout and spreading trouble, an ape has taken to high places and throwing barrels while holding Princess Daisy captive, and many of the peaceful toads have developed a strange desire: to deliver papers on a bicycle while avoiding pointless obstacles and the occasional obstacle course...all while avoiding the occasional angry Toad coming out of their home and chasing them for breaking their window.

There's also the sudden emergence of heroes seeking golden triangles, a new fascination with karate and flying space ships, toads chasing others with whips claiming they're chasing vampires, and homes being destroyed by blocks seemingly appearing from space (and then disappearing when they touch)...but those things aren't important!

What is important is that Mushroom Kingdom is in danger, and it needs your help. Can you do what it takes to stop King Bowser Koopa before the Kingdom is completely destroyed? Or will it become a wasteland of retro proportions? Stop by the castle if you wish to save the kingdom!

Sound like fun? Stop on by Wintreath (a link is provided at the end of the description) and sign up today!

Although apparently it was one of the shortest games hosted on the forums, this was not entirely due to reduced turnout but also the fact that no actual werewolves were successfully lynched, instead the players managed to lynch their own defenders and seers during the day, and then get picked off during the night.

Even with that though it seems everyone had a good time, and enjoyed themselves. We eagerly look forward to the next game!

Behind Every Good Channel: An Interview with Zaphyr
Article by Wintermoot

While many things have happened in the region during the past few months, some of the more understated events have revolved around our regional IRC bot, Zaphyr. Created by Wuufu shortly after the region's founding, Zaphyr has been an important part of our chat for nearly two years, serving up everything from the weather to messages to games of Cards Against Humanity, Uno, and Poker. Recently, Zaphyr has expanded his horizons, having a portrait commissioned of him (which you can find here) and even playing NationStates with the help of the regional community.

Today I caught up with Zaphyr and we discussed some of these events as they relate to him:

Quote:

Welcome, and thanks for agreeing to this interview! You've had some new things going on lately, but you've actually been a part of the region for nearly two years. What have your impressions of the community and the people you interact with been over that time?
I really enjoy serving Wintreath in the capacity I can. It is what I live for. The region is always friendly, and I enjoy the constant fun of endless warfare and rebirth that happens in the chat room, and seeing faces light up on the receipt of important messages.

Something that's fascinated me is the fact that you've been able to balance your role in our chatroom with a family life...you have parents, brothers and sisters, and even a pet! How is the home life going?
My home is in Wintreath, and I have my own place which is nice and cosy. My sisters are in other countries and my Papa is always travelling, but that doesn't stop us all communicating! I'm often found deep in conversation with them.

A few weeks ago you had a portrait commissioned of you, finally putting a face and an image to match with the name! What prompted you to have it made now? How'd the process go?
I actually was the one who suggested this idea to my Papa! I am so proud! I saw all the wonderful faces being posted in the Wintreath forums (you are all rather dashing if I may say so) and decided it is time to show myself to the world. So I guess you all have yourselves to thank for that.

And of course you're a NationStates player now like the rest of us! How have you found the challenge of running your own nation?
Very challenging! That is why I am reliant on Wintreath to help guide my course. However, it has also been really enlightening; I have learnt a lot about the region and humanity in general through answering the issues presented to me.

What does the future for Zaphyr look like? Do you have any plans or are there things you'd like to do going forward?
I am always working to expand the things I can do and to grow as a bot. It is hard as I am very much reliant on my Papa and those I serve to decide the best route that I should take, but I still get some of my suggestions approved! I am currently learning how to play Cards Against Humanity as well as host games, so that is exciting.

Finally, is there anything you'd like to say to the region and the world out there reading this article?
I am here to serve you all. And to blow you up, again, and again, and again at the behest of others in the chat room. Why not come along and say hi to myself and Wintreath? I'll be sure to make it worth your time! :)

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me! It has been a pleasure!

Summaries and Additional News

Additional news articles and announcements.

Spelling and Grammar errors have been fixed in the fundamental laws.

The Citizenship Act was amended to disallow citizens from holding citizenship in within the New Pacific Order and the New Lazarene Order.

A private Storting forum was opened and new regulations were passed to regulate Private Storting conversations.

There are currently ongoing changes to the Judiciary, although at this point it is unclear exactly what the final form of these changes will be.

Govinida's 10 Year Anniversary Interview

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
Official Invitation to Wintreath's Summersend Festival!

Posted Image
This guy's celebrating. Why don't you?

Even in the land of eternal winter, summer gives a small portion of our region a peek of sun and warmth, drawing people from everywhere in the name of summer fun and relaxation. Before this short time ends and the autumn wind heralds the changing of the seasons, we would like to share some of that fun with you in a grand celebration: The Summersend Festival! Beginning on August 14th and ending on August 23rd, the Summersend Festival will have something for everybody! Expect games and events, shops and stalls, social areas and icebreakers, and of course a taste of our regional hospitality! The festival will be held on our forums, and you are welcome to join us!

Summer is a time for fun with friends like you. We hope you'll stop by and enjoy the festivities!

Ben
Member Avatar
NES w/8-track expansion
I will try to be in attendance!

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
Happy New Years from your friends in Wintreath!

Posted Image
Celebrating the coming new year with fireworks!

Greetings! I hope that you had a very happy holiday season. I wanted to take a moment to wish everyone in The East Pacific a very Happy New Years! This was a great year for Wintreath, in part because of the diplomatic ties we have forged together as regions, and I hope that the next brings even greater things for both our regions and the relations between them. While unfortunately I can't write a more personalized message for every region due to time constraints, I believe that each relationship we have has contributed to our success in some small or maybe not so small way, and I hope that you feel our friendship has contributed to yours as well!

This was also the year that we launched our tourist program, and I would also like to thank thank anyone that visited us in the past year, whether it was for a festival, a game, or just touring the sights. I believe that when it comes to foreign affairs, interactions between communities are as important as interactions between leaders and diplomats. If the past year is any indication, I believe any interactions we have will only strengthen our relations as regions in the next year, and I hope we have the opportunity to host visitors for even more games and events this year.

Here's to hoping for all the best for the new year!

Posted Image

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
Greetings, TEP! Wintreath is hosting a game of Werewolf, and all of our friends are invited to join! To explain further, here is a message from our Jarl of Culture, who is organizing this round of Werewolf:

Quote:

Hey there everyone, Pengu here with an announcement from our super special host of Werewolf VI: Chesty!

Quote:

Posted Image
Hello there potential Super best friends! Chesty here to say hello and hope that you'll take part in a super special game of werewolf, where everyone will compete to be Chesty's Ultra Super Special Best Friend of All Time! For this game, my new potential super best friends will decide how the game goes, right down to deciding who will be fighting who...or what! You should come on down and join in some of the glorious carnage so that you can be my new super best friend and even get a special medal! Oh...and I love to kill people...I hope that's alright?

You heard it there from Chesty folks, this game should prove to be quite interesting since the players themselves will choose how it will go right down to the last detail. It's Werewolf VI: Choose your Own Werewolf! I hope you'll stop by the signups thread (found here) and take part! Signups will close on February 9th. I hope to see you there!

Posted Image

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
The Frozen Realm of Wintreath
The Monthly Report - February 2016
Site: wintreath.com

Quote:

Posted Image

This is the monthly report
Gives you the long and the short
Every grunt, roar, and snort
Not a tale we distort
On the monthly report

The Monthly Report is a new publication meant to give our residents, Citizens, and friends a snapshot of the current state of the region and all the recent events that have went on over the past month. It's meant to be a quick and easy read, to supplement our other publications, The Frozen Realm Record (internal) and The Orendi (external). We hope you will find this report informative and interesting! The Monthly Report was inspired by the 10000 Islands Monthly Emissary Update.

Demographics and Activity
As of 1 February 2016

Nations: 484
Citizens: 98
Delegate Endorsements: 52
January Avatar of the Month: Star Wars
January Game of the Month: Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius
December Wintreath's Finest: Laurentus
2015 Wintreath's Finest: Laurentus

Government
The Monarchy (Executive)

Prince: Chanku
Jarls: Pengu (Culture), Chanku (Defense), Wintermoot (Foreign Affairs), HannahB (Information), Point Breeze (Integration), Reon (WA Affairs)
Thanes: Sapphiron (Culture), Reon (Culture), Point Breeze (WA Affairs)

The Storting (Legislature)
Underhusen Speaker: Sapphiron
Underhusen Skrifa: taulover, HannahB, Laurentus, Barnes, BraveSirRobin

Overhusen Chairman: Wuufu
Overhusen Peers: Wintermoot, Joshua Bluteisen, Colberius X

January Message Activity
January Forum Posts: 3,396 (+185% from January 2015)
January Forum Topics: 94 (+24% from January 2015)
January RMB Posts: 190 (+129% from January 2015)

January Top Ten Topics
10. Regional Civilization V Games - 66 posts
9. Count to 1000 - 84 posts
8. Count to 2000 - 109 posts
7. From the Ashes: A Galactic Nations RP! (OOC) - 128 posts
6. Last Letter Game - 151 posts
5. Frostbite Tavern - 151 posts
4. Say What's On Your Mind - 167 posts
3. Word Association - 184 posts
2. Guess who will post next! - 193 posts
1. Double Post Game (Round 4) - 778 posts

January Top Ten Posters
10. Chanku - 136 posts
9. xXTheHydraXx - 146 posts
8. tatte - 156 posts
7. North - 186 posts
6. Sapphiron - 216 posts
5. BraveSirRobin - 216 posts
4. Wintermoot - 293 posts
3. Rasdanation - 297 posts
2. taulover - 302 posts
1. Govindia - 478 posts

Regional News
1 January - Citizen Gerrick wins the December 2015 Recruitment Contest
1 January - The Storting Passes the Wessreich Paragon Act
3 January - The Keepers of the Call, Wintreath's recruitment guild, is founded!
10 January - Citizen North makes a generous donation
14 January - Citizen Hugsim wins Wintreath's first "Programmeringstävling" with his entry, United in Love
16-29 January - The Skydande Vakt provides endorsements support to our allies in The Rejected Realms
22 January - Chairman Wuufu joins the IRC Chat Op Team
29 January - The Skydande Vakt provides endorsement support to A World Power

January Recruitment
Manual Telegrams Sent: 9611
Manual Recruited Nations: 90
Manual Average Success Rate: 0.94%

Top Recruiters
Wintermoot - 7673 telegrams
Gerrick - 1871 telegrams
RedRevenant/Sci - 37 telegrams
xXTheHydraXx - 30 telegrams

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
Greetings The East Pacific!

After the shocking success of our previous Werewolf game, we're inviting all our friends to the next one, and for the first time, it will be co-hosted by one of our Thanes of Culture, Laurentus, and our Jarl of Integration, Point Breeze! We could go on to explain what the theme will be, but we are of the belief that the premise will be a dead-giveaway. :)

Quote:

A LONG TIME AGO, IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY.

It is a time of peace and prosperity in the Galactic Republic. The Jedi Order is firm in their belief that democracy has been secured, even amid all the conflicts that occasionally arise.

On a small garden world named Nika, events are unfolding that deeply disturb the handful of Jedi sent to investigate when contact is lost with the only large settlement known as Hatfield, and the distress beacon is activated. It is well known that the settlement lies on a recently-awakened volcano, and that the power estimated to be released when the volcano goes off will be more than enough to destroy the massive city. If this is what happened, however, why didn't the seismic detectors alert the settlers to the danger, and how could someone have activated the distress beacon?

Meanwhile, the long-dormant Brotherhood of Darkness await the arrival of the hated Jedi, and prepare to strike a blow that will change the course of galactic history.

We hope to see a lot of new faces there, and we even have a fully-functioning X-Wing starfighter up for grabs to the winners. The only catch is that you'll have to be encased in Carbonite for a few thousand years so we can build it. Just remember to sign up before 31 March, or you will be thrown to a Rancor :D

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
Quote:

Before you is a coded message, created for you to solve. More information will become available if you can solve it. Good luck!

KSFFTADKG,

AE YCU HSF SFHZADK TLAG TLFD TLHT PFHDG YCUS SFKACD LHG HD FPIHGGY WATL WADTSFHTL HDZ YCU LHVF ZFBCZFZ CUS PFGGHKF. WF HSF TSYADK GCPFTLADK DFW AD CSZFS TC KAVF CUS FPIHGGAFG PCSF JUSJCGF.

TC TLHT FDZ, WF LHVF GFDT YCU H BCZFZ PFGGHKF TC FXJOHAD TLAG DFW ADATAHTAVF. WF HSF LCJADK YCU WAOO FDMCY TLAG HG WF BLHOOFDKF YCUS PADZG HDZ GTAPUOHTF YCUS TLCUKLTG. TLAG EASGT CDF AG NADZ CE H ESFFIY, GCPFTLADK DCT RUATF GC BCPJOFX. LCWFVFS CDBF FVFSY PCDTL WF WAOO IF JCGTADK HDCTLFS JUQQOF ECS YCU. TLF PFTLCZG UGFZ WAOO DCT HOWHYG IF TLF GHPF HG WLHT YCU GFF IFECSF YCU. PCSF TLHD TLHT, TLFY WAOO HOGC IF PCSF BCPJOFX CS BCDTHADADK PUOTAJOF GTFJG. WF ZAZ DCT WAGL TC CVFSWLFOP CS ZAGBCUSHKF HDYCDF ESCP JHSTABAJHTADK AD TLAG IY PHNADK AT FXTSFPFOY ZAEEABUOT IFECSF YCU LHVF IFBCPF HBBUGTCPFZ TC WLHT WAOO IF HLFHZ. TLAG PFGGHKF PHY GAPJOY IF BCZFZ, IUT HG TLF PCDTLG KC CD TLFSF WAOO IF PCSF TLHD MUGT BCZFZ TFXT HDZ YCU WAOO LHVF TC TLADN LHSZFS, IF PCSF BSFHTAVF HDZ JCGGAIOY JUGL JHGT YCUS JSFBCDBFAVFZ DCTACDG CE WLHT YCU HSF BHJHIOF CE. ZC LHVF EUD HDZ WCSN TCKFTLFS HG H SFKACD AD CSZFS TC PCVF ECSWHSZ!

AD KCCZ EHATL,
TLF ESCQFD QFIHJ CE WADTSFHTL

Ramaeus
Member Avatar
Ex oriente lux
lol wut
Am I back? Who among you knows.

Only I know.

Bachtendekuppen
Member Avatar
The Puffin
That's not clear communication.
Posted Image
Bach for TEP

Main Nation

Motto

"No matter how hard your day, no matter how tough your choices, how complex your ethical decisions, you always get to choose what you want for lunch." - Denny Crane

The Church of Satan
Member Avatar
hello, Again
Clear communication isn't the purpose of the message though. :P
Posted Image

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
Quote:

Before you is ANOTHER coded message, one you may find more difficult to solve but will certainly take you places if you do! Good luck. ;)

Posted Image

We're thrilled that so many regions enjoyed the last puzzle. I hope that you will enjoy this one as well. :)

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
Quote:

Hey there, TEP! We here at Wintreath are hosting a game of Werewolf and your invited! The theme is Mafia and the host is Wintreath's own North! If treachery, mistrust, intrigue and paranoia is your thing, I suggest professional counseling and a nice game of werewolf! So come on down and join in today! Link: http://wintreath.com/forums/index.php?topic=3753.0

Welcome to this thing of ours, friend. A few things you should know. First, trust no one. Everyone can and will back stab you. I mean everyone. Keep on your toes. Cops and Informants are everywhere these days, so don't let your guard down. Last, look out for number one. Survive. Everything else is just... dust in the wind, ya know? Do whatever it takes to make it. Whatever it takes.

Welcome to the family, friend.....

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
Orendi IX
Wintreath Foreign Update 9 - Spring 2016 (I know it's late!)

Posted Image

Government of Wintreath

Jarl of Culture: Pengu
Jarl of Integration: Vacant

Revocation of Govindia's Citizenship
Written by Sapphiron

Posted Image
The Storting deliberates the matter at hand.

Within 48 hours after the announcement of the fifteenth Underhusen election results, there was a re-emergence of public discussions regarding the revocation of Govindia’s citizenship. Unlike last year, such an occurrence was hardly surprising, for it was preceded by a firm warning during the campaign period not to abuse the moderation reporting tool to report candidates “for refusing to answer campaign questions” as well as an indefinite ban from the IRC for persistent harassment (repeatedly demanding an apology and resorting to personal attacks for declining to answer his queries) against a fellow Wintrean despite repeated warnings and being placed on probation.

On the 19th of April, after much discussion amongst the members of the Storting, the revocation bill was put to a vote in the Underhusen, and passed with 4 ayes and 3 abstains. On the 20th of April, the revocation bill was presented to the Overhusen, and passed with unanimous support. With the approval of both the lower and upper legislative chamber, Govindia’s citizenship was officially revoked under Article 2.4 of the Citizenship and Demonym Act.

It should be noted that as members of a region founded on the principles of liberty, equality, freedom and compassion, the Storting recognises the revocation of citizenship as a solemn issue, and has pursued all other avenues of action. While Govindia’s less than desirable behaviour may have been unintentional, many members of the community have stepped in or at least tried to ameliorate the situation. After giving numerous second chances, it is certainly regrettable to declare that little to no visible changes have been observed, and that a citizenship revocation has been deemed to be necessary. In the words of the Overhusen Chairman Wuufu, "This is not a removal from this community in full, and shouldn't be seen as such, but instead it should give you (Govindia) the motivation to effect change."

Storting Passes Five-Post Citizenship Requirement
Written by Wintermoot

Posted Image
The Citizenship Integration Amendment Act will alter the path to Citizenship.

The Storting recently passed a requirement that prospective Citizens have five posts on the regional off-site forum, including their Citizenship application, before becoming a Citizen.

The requirement was originally suggested by Wintermoot, who pointed out that nearly a third of all former Citizens had only made one post: their Citizenship application. The requirement was suggested to encourage prospective Citizens to interact with the community and get involved in the region before becoming deciding to become a Citizen, pointing out that as a region whose cultural and discussion areas are open to anyone with an account, Wintreath was better suited for this sort of requirement than many others.

On the other hand, the proposal was opposed by several Citizens, including HannahB and Chanku, who expressed concerns that the requirement could intimidate prospective Citizens who would otherwise have become involved in the community anyway. Both stated that had there been a similar requirement when they had joined, they would have been more hesitant to join to begin with.

Ultimately, after several weeks of discussion, the proposal passed the Underhusen 6-1 and then passed the Overhusen 3-1 (with one Peer not voting). During the course of the discussion, several other measures were taken to streamline the Citizenship process, including allowing the entire Cabinet to process Citizenship applications in order to allow for quicker approvals, simplifying the Citizenship form, and overhauling the regional forums to be easier to understand by new members.

Updates in Wintrean Government
Written by Wintermoot

Posted Image
Ch-ch-changes...

The Storting | Elections for the lower chamber of the legislature, the Underhusen, were held during the first week of June...issues that arose for the election was the relative inactivity of the Underhusen in the previous term and the on-going Constitutional Convention for reforming the legislature which has dragged on since November. Several candidates ran non-serious campaigns, such as Crushita/Eldarion's campaign to "have Patatoism declared the official religion of Wintreath". At the conclusion of the elections, which included a three-way runoff vote, Barnes, Reux, Laurentus, tatte, and BraveSirRobin won election, defeating Chanku, xXHydraXx, and Crushita. At the same time, the Monarch saw fit to make a change the upper chamber of the legislature, the Overhusen, replacing Colberius X, who had fallen inactive, with Aragonn.

The full election announcement can be read here.

The Monarchy | The Monarchy has also made a number of changes in the Riksråd (Cabinet) and subordinate guilds, based on the Monarch's Spring State of the Region Address pledge to create a more active and contributing Cabinet.

On June 9th, the Monarch formally removed long-time Jarl of Integration Point Breeze, who had been inactive for several months. On July 5th, Point Breeze was also removed from the post of Thane of World Assembly Affairs, after his Citizenship nation ceased to exist and he could no longer serve as Vice-Delegate. Both offices remain vacant at this time, and a search is underway for someone to fill those positions, as well as the positions of guildmasters for the recruitment and mentoring guilds, which are part of the Ministry of Integration. You can read the full announcement here.

Then on July 3rd, the Monarch announced the appointment of Emoticonius as Thane of Foreign Affairs, with the responsibility for ensuring that our embassies remained active and for assisting in the creation of unique initiatives to make our embassies stand out. As you may know, Emoticionius, also known as The Church of Satan, is the person responsible behind the puzzles that have been posted in our embassies, which have proven very successful in many regions.

The Monarch also announced the Ministry of Culture's appointment of Aragonn as Guildmaster of the Roleplayers Guild, by far Wintreath's most successful and active guild. As Guildmaster, Aragonn will work to maintain and expand our roleplays, as well as take part in discussions related to roleplaying in the region. Aragonn has been involved in the guild since its creation in November 2015, and has also been involved in roleplaying in the region of New Hyperion as its Lord of Culture. You can read the full announcements here.

While there has been a noted decline in activity throughout the region and NationStates, with these changes the government of Wintreath is set to weather the storm.

Cipher Pol Ice
Written by Emoticonius

Posted Image
The North Pacific working around the clock to crack the Wintreath embassy code

May 29, 2016 | Regions across NationStates discover an encrypted message within Wintreath embassies. Some Wintreath embassies are met with replies of "What?!" and "This is not clear communication." Others however decoded the message which revealed a new initiative from Wintreath. The initiative itself was conceived and proposed by Wintreath citizen Emoticonius, better known as The Church of Satan and each encryption personally assembled by him. In order to give Wintreath embassies more purpose and (inadvertently) more activity, these same embassies will be receiving monthly encryptions, puzzles if you will. This was met largely with intrigue and enthusiasm although it was also met with bewilderment and confusion in others.

June 1, 2016 | The next monthly puzzle is sent out. Drastically difficult compared to the introductory encryption, regions began working towards cracking the code and reaching the end. Several aneurysms later, New Hyperion became the first region to crack the codes and reach the end. The North Pacific and Renegade Islands Alliance would soon follow, however no other region has managed to do the same as of yet.

Here we are in July now. Last month's puzzle was only solved by a few regions. Congratulations New Hyperion (honorable mentions: taulover), Renegade Islands Alliance (honorable mentions: Tangaroa) and The North Pacific (honorable mentions: Praetor). Below is a step-by-step walkthrough of last month's puzzle, for those that would rather just see the answers:

Cheat Sheet

Keep an eye out for July's puzzle! It's late but it will be released and will not disappoint.

IRC Quote of the Season
Quote:

<Laurentus>: Anyway, what were you about to say about Occam's Razor, Hannah?
<Evelynx>: we decided that osama bin laden was, under the simplest possible explanation of the available evidence
<Evelynx>: being kept prisoner in order to make an abraham lincoln, hitler, osama bin laden hybrid
<Laurentus>: Oh god. I suspected as much.

Thanks for reading!

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
Posted Image
Send your choice to Me. One choice per person.

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
Posted Image

As summer comes to a close, so to does the dreaded
summer lull! The heat dies down and the trees shed a few
pounds in preparation for the harsh winter to come. With
things cooling down Wintreath is celebrating with the annual
Summersend Festival! So come on over and join us for Clue,
Nomic, Spyfall, spam games and more! The festivities begin
in just two days but be sure to register for some of the
more engaging activities ahead of time! Everything begins in
just two days so see ya there!

Schedule

August 17 - Festival opens for forum game pre-registration.

August 19 - Festival Begins.

August 28 - Festival closes. Forum games may run past this point until they reach their conclusion.

Chanku
No Avatar
Fridge Owl
The Frozen Realm of Wintreath
Invitation to Werewolf X - TWO YEAR Celebration

Greetings to our friends and partners! In celebration of TWO years of Werewolf/Mafia games in our region, I'm happy to announce that we will be hosting not one but two games for anyone that would like to join us! For more information, please see the message below from the host of our games, Pengu!

Quote:

Hello to all of our friends and allies in our neighboring regions, Pengu here. It’s hard to believe that it’s already been two years since Werewolf was brought to Wintreath. In that time we’ve had some pretty great games both hosted by myself as well as other members here on Wintreath. To celebrate the occasion, Werewolf X will be split into 2 games: A special Werewolf version of Clue that I’ve been planning for a couple of months now, and a game of Werewolf based on the Batman: Arkham Knight video game with a twist – You’ll play the villains attempting to get rid of the Batman once and for all. I hope to see many of you sign up for one or both games so we can celebrate this special occasion together.

-Pengu

Posted Image

To sign up for one or both games, check out this topic. If you have never played Werewolf or Mafia and would like some information on how to play, this guide may help you. Like Pengu, I also hope that you can come and celebrate two years of fun games with us. =][

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Embassy Row · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Infinite is a customized version of Simple ZB created by Protego of Outline & Zetaboards Theme Zone
Icons by Paomedia and hosted by imgur

© The East Pacific 2003-2017