Out of Character

Government
Executive Offices
Delegate: Yuno
Magisterium
Provost: Drachen
Conclave
Viceroy: Aelitia

Welcome to The East Pacific. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you may register an account here!

I'm registered. Where do I start?
When you sign up on our forums, your account may be limited to certain forums, and unable to make requests in our roleplay section. We recommend that you Apply for Citizenship to gain all the benefits of being part of our roleplay community!

Username:   Password:
Multiquote ON Multiquote off
Add Reply
Mod/admin requests
Topic Started: Aug 25 2010, 11:45:34 PM (8,840 Views)
Kandarin
Member Avatar
Ferret princess
#forum-help-center / Board Rules / Internet Safety & You

We try to spot needs and make changes but we don't catch everything.

Please only use this thread for any requests that require a forum mod or admin action:

• Masking changes / to act according to positions (like the Viceroy requesting Citizen masking)
  • Moving threads
  • Edit to your posts or threads
  • To report abuse (spam, etc.)
  • If your request is likely to be controversial or requires major policy changes (ex. reordering the forum) then please create a new thread for the purpose.
Please note:

• Requests are typically processed in 24 hours or less with the exception of weekends or holidays.*
  • *We do not get notifications for Name Change requests. If your request is not processed within a week then please post here or through the #forum-help-center on Discord.
  • If it is for an off-site service (ex. discord, irc, skype) then please contact the specific mods/admins for that service directly or the service provider depending on the issue. This is a forum-only request thread.

Updated:
Edited by East Malaysia, Jun 10 2018, 10:04:34 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Reziel
Member Avatar
Eternal Delegate
Can you move "Snapshots" from the archives back to RP section? I'd like to add some new things...
Armis Exposcere Pacem
They demanded peace by force of arms

Posted ImagePosted Image

Allegheny
Member Avatar
Partly Cloudy
Done and done.. its on the first page of Terra Incognito.
Posted Image

There was a hole here. It's gone now.

Reziel
Member Avatar
Eternal Delegate
Many thanks, dear sir!
Armis Exposcere Pacem

Posted ImagePosted Image

Todd McCloud
Member Avatar
Planet Telox
The forum banner appears to be down. EM probably has a better copy, but in the meantime, I printscreened and trimmed the image down to get the banner. In a pinch, this can be used: http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/2762/tepbannerem.png

Also, http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/The_East...?showtopic=8252
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II
Vekaiyu's Wiki Page | Ikrisia Levinile's Wiki Page | Listonia's Wiki Page

East Malaysia
Member Avatar
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
Todd McCloud
Aug 26 2010, 02:40 PM
The forum banner appears to be down. EM probably has a better copy, but in the meantime, I printscreened and trimmed the image down to get the banner. In a pinch, this can be used: http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/2762/tepbannerem.png

Also, http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/The_East...?showtopic=8252

Looks like the banner is there now and I am unsure of what the problem could have been and I will work on the people still masked as Magisters now
Question with Boldness

>Sovereign Empire of East Malaysia
[url]East Malaysia @ NSWiki[/url] - WIP
The Eastrovia Times wwt.et.em
Embassy - Coming Soon
Character List - Updating Soon

>Forum Support
Posted Image

>>>Forum Descriptions Rework<<<
>>>Tapatalk Migration Information<<<

#forum-help-center \ Mod/admin requests \ Board Rules \ Internet Safety & You \ ZB TOS & TOU
Emergency Contact: east.malaysia@mail.theeastpacific.com (forwards directly to my personal email)

:EM:

Allegheny
Member Avatar
Partly Cloudy
MOD privileges to the new rebirth forum please?
Posted Image

Warr
Member Avatar
Warr
I'd prefer if they were given to someone like FPS or Reziel or myself, as well, despite none of those people being global mods. So that we can limit involvement from those who are not participating in the world.

Not that I don't trust Allegheny, as he should have the permissions in his global mod mask added, but I'd like to see FPS, Reziel, Todd, and myself all given 'mod permissions' over that subforum.
"Last Arrow in Necessities Quiver."

Posted Image
Survival is victory; because the last one standing is the one who tells the tale.
The High Kingdom of Warre on NSWiki

Der Fuhrer Dyszel
Member Avatar
Cool like Snakes
Warr
Aug 29 2010, 01:19 AM
I'd prefer if they were given to someone like FPS or Reziel or myself, as well, despite none of those people being global mods. So that we can limit involvement from those who are not participating in the world.

Not that I don't trust Allegheny, as he should have the permissions in his global mod mask added, but I'd like to see FPS, Reziel, Todd, and myself all given 'mod permissions' over that subforum.

Is it necessary to have four moderators of a single subforum?

I am not trying to cause a fight here, but I can really see this drama spilling into more areas than it needs to be involved in. The subforum works and I am sure that Allegheny will probably be granted moderation of it. But to have four moderators of a single subforum is more than excessive, especially given the tone of recent events.

My personal recommendations for you Warre would be to re-earn your moderator status back. By being active and involved in RP and contributing proactively to the continued growth of TEP, you can prove you are worthy of being a moderator and consideration will be given to you. After all, you were a moderator, which counts for something. If the decision came down to someone who was a moderator versus someone who was not, I personally would consider the person who was one if they were not removed for abusing their powers, which you were not.

You need to remain objective and unbaised and not allow your emotions to get the best of you. Do not displace your hostility and I think you will find yourself working your way back in quicker than you imagine. You have qualms with people in RP and that is fine, but you need to work it out with those people actively and try to settle those differences OOC without taking it out IC.

As for this idea, I am not rejecting another moderator entirely, but I am rejecting the idea of four moderators. There is no reason I can see a subforum requiring four moderators. The idea of the subforum is to maintain realism in RP to my understanding. If you wish, I can personally oversee that realism is maintained there as I am an advocate for realistically responding in RP. Ask Kandarin, he'll tell you about my pro-realism RP rants against his unrealistic concepts. :lol: Plus, you really do not need a moderator to voice your opinion and confront someone who you think is RP'ing badly. Your opinion is still credible and no one needs to have a position of power in TEP to advocate for change and push for changes. One thing I have tried to maintain heavily in TEP is that being a citizen of TEP is the most powerful position you can have. You do not need an actual position to be the real power holders here. ^_^

If you suddenly cannot trust me after a few spats, then well, crap, I really screwed up something there! But you should know that despite our arguments I still maintained that you had valid points. :P

Official Approval by Terasu

Posted Image

MASTER OF PSYCHOSODOMY

You can't ignore my girth.

Terasu: "Well done DFD you imploded the universe"

:lol:

;)

Posted Image

Todd McCloud
Member Avatar
Planet Telox
I think the forums are a bit out of order. Unless they were moved around, shouldn't Embassy row be on the bottom of category three?

Der Fuhrer Dyszel
Member Avatar
Cool like Snakes

I am not sure, but I will be honest, I like the new placement of it now, out of whack or not. I personally find it much more visitor friendly and easily accessible to our foreign affairs officials and regional ambassadors.

^_^

Posted Image

MASTER OF PSYCHOSODOMY

;)

Posted Image

Todd McCloud
Member Avatar
Planet Telox
I feel our government's bodies should be presented first, and the embassies, while still important, should be moved down a bit. I'm guessing this happened when the Mag. Elections subforum was moved. *shrugs*

Der Fuhrer Dyszel
Member Avatar
Cool like Snakes

I just look at this way....we're always here and interested members are not. We know where everything is. It's not an insult against the importance of any one thing....it's just a matter of convenience to outsiders. Remember when you all joined the forums or when you join another region's forum how confusing everything can be and the more difficult it is to find what you are looking for, the more offputting staying actively involved was? Placement should be tied to the importance of something but to the overall convenience towards newer members. We want retention! I mean, this was after all an accident, but one that perhaps we should give it some time to see how it pans out. It may benefit us to keep it there. There is no immediacy in moving the forum.

I mean it was why I advocated for RP'ing in The Empire. You guys remember their forums.....the RP section was way on the bottom of the forums and I pushed to have that moved to the top because it was more convenient to the RP'ers which made up a bulk of TEP's community that they were trying to convert. I mean sometimes it just makes more sense to make things more accessible to the people you are trying to appeal to.

^_^

Posted Image

MASTER OF PSYCHOSODOMY

;)

Posted Image

Todd McCloud
Member Avatar
Planet Telox
*nods* I do like the retention XD. For the most part, those who post in the FA section are ambassadors. And as we've had ambassadors come here and become really good citizens (Barb is an excellent example, for instance), I'd like for more of them to branch out and check out just what we do here. I liked how FA people kind of had to 'pass through' our government to get to their boards - it's pretty inviting and might pique their curiosities about us.

Then again, I'm not an FA guy here, lol. As long as it doesn't have a weird name, which ours doesn't, I'm cool with it. It doesn't bother me where the forums are placed, it's only a suggestion. Either way, I'm game with seeing how this will go! :)

Warr
Member Avatar
Warr
It's not to deal with OOC stuff, it's for us to be able to pin topics without a need to PM a staff member to do it, etc. That's why I said a those four names, because those are the three I absolutely trust to do things such as that without abusing power, as each of them have been staff before or might as well have been.

Posted Image
Survival is victory; because the last one standing is the one who tells the tale.

East Malaysia
Member Avatar
Warr
Aug 29 2010, 04:17 PM
It's not to deal with OOC stuff, it's for us to be able to pin topics without a need to PM a staff member to do it, etc. That's why I said a those four names, because those are the three I absolutely trust to do things such as that without abusing power, as each of them have been staff before or might as well have been.

I don't know if you know or maybe requested but someone has given you mod ability in the subforum. Either way I was about to do it but was beat to it.
Question with Boldness

Embassy - Coming Soon

>Forum Support
Posted Image

#forum-help-center \ Mod/admin requests \ Board Rules \ Internet Safety & You \ ZB TOS & TOU
Emergency Contact: east.malaysia@mail.theeastpacific.com (forwards directly to my personal email)

Warr
Member Avatar
Warr
Pack did it earlier today.

Posted Image

Reziel
Member Avatar
Eternal Delegate
Der Fuhrer Dyszel
Aug 29 2010, 08:58 AM
Is it necessary to have four moderators of a single subforum?

Count three... I'm to lazy to be interested in having modpowers of sort anywhere! :P
Armis Exposcere Pacem

Posted ImagePosted Image

Der Fuhrer Dyszel
Member Avatar
Cool like Snakes

Dyr Nasad....listed as a forum moderator. Inactive since practically my entire term as delegate. Requesting he be replaced for inactivity.

^_^

Posted Image

MASTER OF PSYCHOSODOMY

;)

Posted Image

East Malaysia
Member Avatar
I will work on that later this evening after work :)
Question with Boldness

Embassy - Coming Soon

>Forum Support
Posted Image

Todd McCloud
Member Avatar
Planet Telox
Would someone please move the past elections pertaining to the last Magisterium elections from the Past Elections sub-forum in the Executive forum to the Past Elections sub-forum in the Magisterium forum? They shouldn't be hard to detect - it's the first five pinned topics and the only closed unpinned topics on the first page of the sub-forum. Thanks in advance.

Allegheny
Member Avatar
Partly Cloudy
Done....
Posted Image

Todd McCloud
Member Avatar
Planet Telox
I made a banner and background image for the halloween season:

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1588/te...oweenbanner.png

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/2093/te...weenbckgrnd.jpg

It doesn't have to be used - I was just a little bored and I liked how the banner turned out

Todd McCloud
Member Avatar
Planet Telox

The baseball sub-forum in the IC RP arena posts can be moved to the archives and the sub-forum deleted. They're old and it didn't take off very well

Completed by DFD. ^_^ 11/01/10

Anur-Sanur
Member Avatar
Citizen
I want the community vs government thread unlocked per my post in the other admin thread that is visible to all, as it is a most recent post.

i don't know if that was the right place to make a request or this is, but since that thread was ignored i'll try here.

R&M defense should also be unlocked.

We were instructed not to post in Conclave about our own case, we did not. We merely were trying to communicate to the Viceroy about R&M's defense. The thread has no reason to be locked, its a conclave matter.

DFD has a personal vendetta against Anur-Sanur and is using her admin powers to cripple Anur-Sanur's ability to communicate with other's on the forum.

We also want at least one of our warn's taken away. We have two trials to deal with, and elections to think about, and other matters, and can't risk being refused the ability to communicate on the forums because of the unilateral actions of one furious admin.

Frankly, I can't see how this type of administrating fits into the spirit of TEP.
"Mallah Anur Uth Rumah"

Free Pacific States
Member Avatar
Number One Drone
Putting aside any comment upon the matter of the Conclave, I wholly endorse the request to reopen the community versus government thread. I do not feel that anything said in the thread warranted closure.
The Federated Alliance of Free Pacific States | Lyon Republic | Republic of Xiopothos | East Pacific Treaty Organization

Allegheny
Member Avatar
Partly Cloudy
I am not unlocking it, I hope no one else will either.. this isn't the place for you to debate it.. you made your request maybe someone else will do it. I won't
Posted Image

Der Fuhrer Dyszel
Member Avatar
Cool like Snakes

With all this discussion of fairness, I do not think it is fair to insinuate that my performance of the job duties entrusted upon me is a personal vendetta. As I said to you in private AS, it is not personal. If I saw the same set of behaviors by anyone else in this region, I would have the same reaction.

I have locked and removed spum threads before you were here. I have removed even respected members posts for being out of context of the discussion and failure to adhere to thread rules. These actions are not to be taken personally but are to be regarded as administrative actions. I am just doing my job.

I know nothing about you AS to have a "personal vendetta" as you suggest. Having a vendetta against someone would mean that I dislike a member for some reasons. Being that I know nothing about you, I cannot say I dislike you.

I am only looking at the posts and the responses to posts. Trolling occurred on that thread whether or not it was instigated by you or anyone else. I see trolling, I see flaming, I close the thread down. It stopped being a productive conversation and even FPS intervened to point that out.

As such, your request was lodged and the administrative staff will discuss your concerns. The admin team is not influenced by the government, so unfortunately the government has no say in the outcome determination. Because I respect FPS's former role as admin, I will post his response in the discussion. With that said, you will be notified when we reach a decision.

I hope you can find this an acceptable response.

Posted Image

MASTER OF PSYCHOSODOMY

;)

Posted Image

Der Fuhrer Dyszel
Member Avatar
Cool like Snakes
Anur-Sanur
Nov 3 2010, 04:42 PM
We also want at least one of our warn's taken away. We have two trials to deal with, and elections to think about, and other matters, and can't risk being refused the ability to communicate on the forums because of the unilateral actions of one furious admin.

If you want to see furious, wait until the Pax steps in! :ph43r:

;)

Posted Image

MASTER OF PSYCHOSODOMY

;)

Posted Image

packilvania
Member Avatar
Caliph
One warning. I have actually intervened on your behalf AS. I put out to the government that the Admins DO NOT intervene for non forum maintenance reasons. You are now spumming up the boards in an attempt to expedite your issues. If it continues, it WILL begin to fall under my jurisdiction. I recommend you wait for due process to take its course. You seem to want the speed of a dictatorship, with the fairness of democracy.
Posted Image
"The Cybernets shall overrun every thing you hold dear. Assimilate."

Loop: Well that rules out my Atomic Metroid Spy Toilet I had planned.
DFD: WAAAAH, you butt hurt me. Cry cry cry.
Todd My foreign officer ended up pushing her wiener (gl@sses) further up the bridge of her nose.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Technical Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Infinite is a customized version of Simple ZB created by Protego of Outline & Zetaboards Theme Zone
Icons by Paomedia and hosted by imgur

The East Pacific 2003-2018