Out of Character

Government
Executive Offices
Delegate: Yuno
Magisterium
Provost: Drachen
Conclave
Viceroy: Aelitia

Welcome to The East Pacific. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you may register an account here!

I'm registered. Where do I start?
When you sign up on our forums, your account may be limited to certain forums, and unable to make requests in our roleplay section. We recommend that you Apply for Citizenship to gain all the benefits of being part of our roleplay community!

Username:   Password:
Multiquote ON Multiquote off
Add Reply
Executive Internal Activities Thread
Topic Started: Dec 29 2017, 02:30:44 PM (2,189 Views)
Yuno
Member Avatar
Lolita Goddess
I understand that there has been friction regarding recent changes and government actions. I apologize for not being transparent outside of Discord and will do what’s in my power to fix this from now on. From now on, whenever there is a change in the Executive or new goals being set up, I will strive to post them in this thread and tell other Executive staff members to post their plans on here as well.

Recently there has been confusion regarding who is in the East Pacific Executive Staff.

These are the government ministers:

WA Minister: Verdrassil
Origin: I found Verdrassil posting everyday on the TEP RMB with a WA nation in TEP and recruited him to become more active in regional affairs.

Foreign Affairs Minister: Aeneas Prime/Cain
Origin: He originally moved to TEP during when Xoriet was here and came up with the name Aeneas, but went inactive for years and is active again (recently) with WA in TEP.

Culture and Education Minister: Bachtendekuppen
Origin: Bachtendekuppen was part of TEP University for years
Deputy Culture Minister: Verdrassil

Immigration Minister: Wonder Woman
Origin: Wonder Woman returned to NS after years hiatus after being the leader of X Axis Powers, she immediately applied to join TEP and decided to become involved in the Cabinet after serving a few months in the EPSA.

Design Minister: Benjamin and Ike

East Pacific News Service: Todd McCloud
Origin: Ancient Fox, settled in TEP around 2008
Deputy EPNS Minister: Mecovy
Origin: Mecovy runs the nation Pendragonia, which is a a WA nation in TEP that's RMB-active for the last five years, and we recruited him to become more active in regional affairs and he joined up the Cabinet this term!

Overseeing Officer of EPSA and EPPS: Elfine
Origin: Elfine began NS from various raiding orgs in the past, but is retired from those regions and is currently only in EPSA and has organized meetings and EPSA missions.

=——
Summary of events:

I’m not happy with the way the discord switch was conducted and I regret it. If I could go back and reverse it, I would have placed it as a public vote. It happened really fast with setting up the new server and then someone raised the idea of closing the other server to reduce competition, and then derailed from there. This won’t happen again. Executive actions will be posted on the this forum thread to receive feedback and complaints.

Furthermore, I emphasize this concern: We are not doing a forum switch. We will never do a forum switch. I was shocked when the concern was brought to me, it never crossed my mind, but now that I see it’s a legitimate concern, I want to fix this confusion. The new faces you see come from my desire to give TEP newbies an opportunity to advance in TEP because I was in their shoes once. The lack of communication was my fault and I wish for a second chance to fix this communication disparity among new and old players.

We have been making a lot of changes in the Government Ministries, but in the future, we will make sure to communicate that to other people who are on the forum to make sure no one gets left behind when changes are made, especially towards inactive or non-Discord users. This thread is different from the Executive Orders thread in that this thread’s format allows replies/feedback whereas traditionally, the Executive Orders thread was only used to post Executive Orders and received no feedback.

Thanks for reading
Edited by Yuno, Jan 3 2018, 01:43:48 AM.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drachen
Member Avatar
Yare yare dawa...
It's nice to see a thread where everything is spelled out in black-and-white, and hopefully this will prevent further confusion regarding the matter of executive affairs! I think it's wise to cross-post decisions between here and the Discord, particularly since this body exhibits a certain permanence that cannot be challenged.

I do think you're too hard on yourself regarding recent events, however. Let's keep an optimistic view of things and look towards the bright future we have ahead of ourselves.
Badges

Actual Dragon
Posted Image

Loli Protector
Posted Image

Marine Biologist
Posted Image

Queen of the Fairies
Posted Image

Yuri Enthusiast
Posted Image
Shan'alah bandu ni Verdrassil

Posted Image

"Fal andu'balah nei il'amare."
"Through love, the nation is preserved."
- Lady Al'Ameth
Posted Image
Roles

Vizier
Posted Image

Minister of Culture
Posted Image

Minister of World Assembly Affairs
Posted Image

Provost of the Magisterium
Posted Image

Pollster
Posted Image

Bachtendekuppen
Member Avatar
The Puffin
I believe indeed we should be careful not to have a discordisation of government, so I think this is a step in the good direction.

Transparency and clarity are requirements for any organization to function properly and I believe that the forum is the best place to accommodate players in finding all the information they need. Discord, Skype, IRC, and whatnot can and should of course be used, but I believe the forum should be the place to bridge all that, and I welcome any new effort on that front.

Secondly, there seemed indeed to be some confusion on how exactly the Executive was structured now, so it's good that has been cleared up.
Posted Image
Bach for TEP

Main Nation

Motto

"No matter how hard your day, no matter how tough your choices, how complex your ethical decisions, you always get to choose what you want for lunch." - Denny Crane
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Todd McCloud
Member Avatar
Planet Telox
Yuno, first of all I commend you for bringing these things to light and out in the open. Transparency is huge in a government, and is very important. I think you, as well as this government, are doing a stellar job with getting TEPers to the forums and discord and involved as a community. This activity level we've seen is unprecedented as long as I've been here, and while things are moving fast, I, and I am certain others, are willing to answer that clarion call and do the best we can to cater to this pace in an open and communicative manner. It's fun and exciting, and that's a good thing for an NS GCR.

I don't have issues with the discord server stuff. I know from the government that if they could do it again differently, they would have, and that's good. It is what it is, we're only human (or somewhat human, nah, really human), and it's best not to dwell on it. Don't be too hard on it, stuff like this happens. At the end of the day, it's just a chat room for the region, and if that one does a better job and does good with mending things and preventing drama, then it'd be silly of me to get upset. I just want to make sure we are united as a region and are always moving forward. So I'm in support of that.

Also, just wanted to say thanks to you guys for keeping us informed on what you'd like done on the forums-side of things.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II
Vekaiyu's Wiki Page | Ikrisia Levinile's Wiki Page | Listonia's Wiki Page

Yuno
Member Avatar
Lolita Goddess
The East Pacific | Executive Branch Suggested Plans
Concerning FA:

• Reworking the embassy/consulate system
  • Getting more ambassadors
  • Writing treaties with other regions

Concerning EPNS:

• Get things out monthly
  • Develop radio

Concerning WA:

• Write an IFV for resolutions that seem to be more controversial
  • Get more TEPers into the WA and writing stuff
  • Concerning Immigration:
  • Get more people into the government/RP
  • Work on setting up the forum mentor program
  • Conduct Citizenship Audit

Concerning Culture/Education:

• Promoting UTEP and associated courses
  • Encouraging roleplay awareness and participation

Edited by Yuno, Dec 30 2017, 11:07:01 PM.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Yuno
Member Avatar
Lolita Goddess
Thanks for your support ^_^

What we did this week 12/30/17:

WA-related:
Verdrassil wrote this: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=944986
And sent this Telegram: [/spoiler] Posted Image[/spoiler]

EPSA-related:
Spoiler: click to toggle
Posted ImagePosted Image

Drachen
Member Avatar
Yare yare dawa...
Ministry of World Assembly Affairs

Current Members: Drachen (Minister), Masuicca, Vuon (La Navasse), United Massachusetts, and Yuno.

Recent Events: United Massachusetts' "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates" has reached quorum and looks to pass in three days.

Plans for the Month: Masuicca will submit the "Astronomical Observation Act"; Vuon is seeking to draft a proposal to submit afterwards

Ministry of Culture and Education

Current Members: Bachtendekuppen (Minister), Drachen (Deputy Minister), Wonder Woman, Morlockland

Recent Events
: Updating of the ministry; Mandatory roll call for past members

Plans for the Month: Initiatives to promote UTEP and TEP roleplay through region-wide TGs (planned bi-monthly)

Updated as of January 1, 2018
Badges

Actual Dragon
Posted Image

Loli Protector
Posted Image

Marine Biologist
Posted Image

Queen of the Fairies
Posted Image

Yuri Enthusiast
Posted Image
Shan'alah bandu ni Verdrassil

Posted Image

"Fal andu'balah nei il'amare."
"Through love, the nation is preserved."
- Lady Al'Ameth
Posted Image
Roles

Vizier
Posted Image

Minister of Culture
Posted Image

Minister of World Assembly Affairs
Posted Image

Provost of the Magisterium
Posted Image

Pollster
Posted Image

Aeneas
Member Avatar
Bill Stickers is Innocent
Posted Image

January 2nd, 2018

CURRENT RELATIONS

With a new year comes new priorities. Chief among them being the direction of this ministry which has been dormant for years. Our focus for 2018 will be to reach out to our long standing diplomatic partners to help strengthen our ties. The goal of new treaties and alliances being drafted is being pursued, in the interest of benefiting the region and it's community. We value our relations with our sister GCRs as well as UCR partners and moving forward we want to ensure that TEP's image abroad is representative of the changes that this Delegacy has been making since day 1. We understand that in lieu of this Foreign Affairs hiatus that regions and organizations with relations to The East Pacific may have outstanding concerns and we wish to rectify these, if possible, so that normalcy can continue for both parties for the foreseeable future. We are also working closely with the East Pacific News Service (EPNS) to deliver updates and regional news in a timely fashion. We wish to thank all of our allies and diplomatic partners for staying with us all of these years as well. Thank you.

NEW RELATIONS

Secondly, we have an ambitious endeavor in the works to expand our regional relations sphere to include more user-created, non-gameplay, roleplay-centric regions with the aim of creating a more vibrant and active RMB. We want to help value and appreciate TEP in one of it's foremost qualities: Roleplaying. We believe that with a little work, it can be THE place where Roleplayers from all over NationStates can congregate: a feeder to call home. This is also well within line for the over-all goals of the Delegacy, which is to increase forum integration from our game-side community. The Foreign Affairs Ministry wishes to work closely with TEPers who are heavily involved within our roleplay culture so that every step of the way this change is beneficial for the region and all of those involved.

EMBASSY POLICY CHANGES

The East Pacific has respected and valued the in-game Embassy mechanic since it was first introduced and we will continue to do so, however, how we go about handling in-game affairs is going to change slightly. Up until now Embassy requests have mostly been denied since the majority of these have been made solely in-game. Our embassy policy currently requires regions to pursue official relations with our region on our forums via a treaty or alliance in order to obtain an in-game embassy. What I propose doing, is easing up on these requirements and simply having a thread on the forums for regions to sign up for one. After a quick process in which we get to know and vett their region, we will either approve or deny their request for an in-game embassy. Why do this? Because it is a good first step to building new relations with regions that are either small or have a weak FA apparatus! Very few regions out there have the resources that we do, or the collective time - but we may want to get to know them and this will provide the perfect avenue!

ROSTER

• Supreme Loligarch Yuno; Commander in Chief

• Director-General Aeneas; Operations

• Assistant-Director Greyghost; Assigned to Balder and Lazarus

• Adviser of World Affairs Atlae Isles; Operations

• Ambassador Asendavia; Assigned to The North Pacific

• Ambassador Furnifold; Assigned to The West Pacific

• Ambassador King Rico; Assigned to The Rejected Realms

• Ambassador La Navasse; Assigned to 10000 Islands

• Ambassador Mecovy; Assigned to The South Pacific

• Ambassador Morlockland; Assigned to The Pacific

• Ambassador Tretrid; Assigned to Osiris
We are still in the need for new ambassadors and consuls! Think you have what it takes? Sign up here!

CONCLUSION

We have big plans for 2018 and I hope that you will all join us in helping further TEP into the future. I love you all. <3

Posted Image
PS. JOIN FA

Posted Image

"With stout hearts, and with enthusiasm for the contest, let us go forward to victory."

Posted ImagePosted Image

Mecovy
Member Avatar
You got blood on my Suit.
The update from us over in the News Team;

Posted Image
The East Pacific News Service
December 31, 2017

A Message From the Delegate
By Yuno
Hai TEP! Feels weird to be writing something for the New Years release! Especially as your delegate. As you know this year we've done so much! We've been hiring an increasing amount of citizens when you look at the past years. Our Executive ministers are now more active than ever! With replacements lined up in order to keep them active. The transition to having myself as the Delegate was clean and easy thankfully! And lastly I've speared the full setup of having an Executive Government where confirmed citizens of TEP have the chance to get involved in one of our ministries to help progress our region!

I hope you all have a lovely New Year!

2017: A Year in Review
By The Atlae Isles
2017 was a busy year for The East Pacific, let's take a look at what happened that year.

At the beginning of the year, Todd McCloud was Acting Delegate after the elected Delegate Aelitia was removed by the Viziers upon suspicions between Aelitia and another citizen. The suspicions were determined to be without merit and the removal was successfully appealed; leading to the re-assumption of the seat on February 8th. As Delegate, Aelitia issued 14 Executive Orders in total. Shortly after on March 15th issues arose with East Malaysia, a forum admin and a long-time resident in TEP was banjected due to surpassing the endocap, Aelitia received backlash before the Delegate election in which the incumbent Aelitia was defeated by the then-Viceroy Hobbes.

After overseeing the original N-Day on April 1st, Hobbes assumed the Delegacy April 27th. Hobbes first removed the East Pacific from CAIN (Coalition Against the Ideology of Nazism), calling into question the organization's objectives. Hobbes then signed the Endorsement Caps Act, repealing the Simplified Endorsement Cap Act (Third Amendment), which was used in the unpopular enforcement of East Malaysia's (temporary) ban from the East Pacific. Hobbes did not sign any executive orders, but he did develop the foreign affairs of the East Pacific, signing the Mutual Aid Treaty Between The Sovereign East Pacific and The Independent Order and the Best Pacifics Treaty between the East Pacific and the West Pacific.

In July, Mexregiona (also known as Mex) was elected Delegate. Although he never fully assumed the Delegate seat, Mex began the reconstruction of the East Pacific’s Executive, appointing many new players into government positions, and the University of the East Pacific (UTEP) was re-established under the Fourth Education Act. However, on August 15th, Mex found that he could not manage the Delegacy due to a lack of time, and resigned the Delegacy, so Aelitia, a Vizier, succeeding him in acting as in-game Delegate.

Then-Viceroy Dalimbar commenced a citizenship audit but disappeared before it was completed. Fellow then-Arbiter Yuno, among others, began finishing the citizenship audit after two weeks. A new Delegate election commenced in September, where Yuno defeated The Oan Isles and Aelitia in the election.

Yuno, as Delegate, re-organized the Executive originally set by Mex (see Executive Office Changes) and raised the endocap from 150 if one endorsed the Delegate and, 15 if they didn’t, to 200 if one endorsed the Delegate, and 20 if they didn't. Article A, Section 3 of the Concordat was also amended, giving the Delegate the prerogative over World Assembly votes rather than being chained to the arbitrary will of non-citizens. Yuno has issued two Executive Orders and opened an Executive Internal Activities Thread in the name of transparency following the contested transfer of the regional Discord server.

2017 (12017 H.E./3754 A.A.) was also a busy year in our favorite roleplay community. After the consequences of the Four Days’ War, the SEPC (South-East Pacific Coalition)'s membership grew in size and reconciled with the FPA (Fire Pact Alliance), which it had fought against in the Four Days’ War, and grew in power.

Meanwhile, in the nation of Laitianburg, terrorists calling themselves "Al-Jaheed" took control of several territories, instilling a brutal regime of terror. When the organization metastasized to the islands of Yor located south of Aurora, the government of Xagrurg, as well as some other nations, deployed forces.

The unhappy military, disillusioned with a long conflict in the islands, as well as problematic government spending, launched a coup, causing the government of the Republic of Xagrurg to flee to Yor and the Greater Xagrurgian Empire (GXE) to be established. The Staynish-Caltharusian Empire (SCE), as well as its allies, then declared war on Xagrurg, launching the Auroran-Pacific War, which was far longer, far more costly, and far more widespread than the Four Days War.

Shortly afterwards, Rurik Lukin in Stratarin, an SEPC nation, was assassinated, allowing Mikhail Starikov to seize power from then-Premier Viktor Drugov and eventually lead to the fracture of the SEPC. Xagrurg invaded Kostoria-Obertonia and Yor, the Atlantian island nations of Charton, Kerlington, Liber Yourvus, and Minedestives declared war on the Atlae Isles, and the SCE invaded Ethalria after the assassination of the Staynish crown prince, Thadeus.

The war did not turn out well for Ethalria and the Atlantian nations that fought the Atlae Isles, Tretrid, Kuthernburg, and Nacata. After a bombing of the Atlaesian naval base of Fort Mercer, the Kerlingtonian Head of State, Viktor Borisyovich, was assassinated, leading to the inept Heinrich von Stadt to take power. Shortly afterwards, the Chartonian Carrier Fleet was completely defeated by the Tretridian and the Atlaesian navy in the aptly-named Operation Payday. Xagrurg and Kostromastan (which had declared its allegiance to the GXE) made peace with its allies, while the Ethalrian capital of Rivendell fell, and its Matriarch, Amalda Harriman, disappeared. Ethalria fractured into smaller states not a long time afterward.

After the end of the Auroran-Pacific War, which had lead to the Auroran Union (AU) to splinter off the Auroran Continental Assembly (ACA), and the Atlantian Alliance (AA) to form from former SEPC nations located in Atlantia. In light of this, the nation of Emberwood Coast held a meeting about counterterrorism and Auroran reconciliation, located in the capital city of Aura, which was the city where negotiations ended the Four Days War one year earlier.

An Interview with Overseeing Officer Elfine
By Tretrid
The following is a transcript of an interview I conducted with the Overseeing Officer of the East Pacific Sovereign Army, General Elfine.

Tretrid: For starters, are you generally satisfied with the current direction of the EPSA? Why or why not?

Elfine: I can say with certainty that I'm satisfied with how EPSA is being run at this time. However, there's still a myriad of changes the organization needs to go through to truly reach its potential. Going into 2018, I should like to see half of our troops being able to effectively trigger and lead ops, and a quarter of those troops in commanding positions.

Tretrid: If there was something EPSA needed to improve on, what would it be?

Elfine: Activity. We've had quite a few good ops over the past couple months, but I'm looking for operations that'll happen on every other day. Of course, getting to that stage is gonna take time and a load of manpower, but I know it's an achievable goal for the agency to reach.

Tretrid: What impact do you think Yuno's delegacy has had on the EPSA?

Elfine: Admittedly, as I wasn't a resident of TEP before Yuno, I can't pass comment on how it was before she came. However, Yuno's heavily promoted it, giving all of our troops opportunities to speak their minds, and allowing the higher-ups freedom in what they wanted to implement. She even went so far as to TG the entire region about our existence! So I'd say she's been great for EPSA.

Tretrid: What are your future plans for EPSA?

Elfine: Work on expansion and troop relations, mainly.

Tretrid: Will you continue letting the EPSA work closely with TWPAF?

Elfine: They're LIT and we're staying with 'em because we benefit from it so do they....I think. Maybe.

Tretrid: Do you have anything to say about The Black Hawks' latest record of 255 tags last major update?

Elfine: It was seriously impressive. I doubt many people on NS could match that if they tried, and it's nice to see that something came out of the Moneyness drama.

Tretrid: And finally, is there anything you would like to say to the readers of EPNS?

Elfine: JOIN EPSA AND YOU WILL BE MY SLAVES. AND WE WILL HIT REGIONS AND MAKE SWEET SWEET LOVE TO THE NATIVES. IN THE NAME OF YOUR LEWD AND SAVIOUR, AMEN.

Changes to Various Executive Offices
By Pendragonania
With the growth of the TEP member base, the Executive has seen new changes, new expansion, and new leadership. Below we will cover those changes.

The EPNS has also seen the merger of TEP’s radio channel into EPNS. Pendragonania, former radio chief, now works as the acting Deputy Minister of EPNS.

As a result of Cain moving into managing Foreign Affairs, he has left his previous post in the Ministry of Design absent, and replacing him as the Head of Design is Ike. Ike is an individual known for amazing design projects, immersive graphics, and creating flags for lucky TEP nations. It’s no question that Ike will be well-established in his new post, and will push the boundaries of TEP’s design to places that we’ve never imagined.

The Ministry of Immigration has had administrative changes, with Wonder Woman taking over as Minister and installing Pakitsk as her Deputy Minister. The duo has been toiling to revitalise the Immigration services to be made as efficient and effective as possible. Wonder Woman had this to say when we asked her for any commentary:
"From myself and Pakitsk, we here at the Ministry of Immigration wish you a Happy New Year! Our office is always open! I like to thank Yuno for giving me this opportunity, and I can't wait to see what 2018 has in store for TEP!!"

Final Words for the Year
By Pendragonania

2017 has brought a lot of change, for both the good and the bad. It's another year where we all grow closer, working together to help support our region and reach achievements that are only possible with our collaboration. What 2017 may mean to each of you will be different, as every one of us has different experiences that we've had over the last 365 days. Some of us have endured hardships or encountered obstacles, while others may have been successful or experienced a pinnacle of life. However, we all share our community, the friends that we can share our experiences with, and the regions we call home. You may have spent your holiday season wrapped up warm with family, or with few and possibly alone. In looking back upon the year, it’s best not to linger on the events which anguish you, but rather celebrate what has gone right, and appreciate what truly matters. No matter the circumstances, New Year’s Day is for looking forward, for putting the past behind you and ensuring your previous successes only continue.

We wish you all the best, and until next time. Stay safe TEP!
Co-Minister of the news and regional officer. NS vet.

Regional Officer
Posted Image
Minister of EPNS
Posted Image
Immigration officer
Posted Image
Foreign Affairs
Posted Image
Magister
Posted Image

Yuno
Member Avatar
Lolita Goddess
YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Aelitia
Member Avatar
The Fluffy Horde
A Brief WA Analysis of The East Pacific
with special regard to changes since the December 5th endorsement cap increase
[1]

In light of the recent proposed changes to the Endorsement Cap, an analysis was run of the changes that could be observed in the interceding period. The proposal ultimately enacted the following as the new caps on December 5th, 2017-
December 5th Amendment to the Endorsement Caps Act

...7.3- Upon Enactment of this bill, the following Qualified Endorsement Caps are established until their repeal or replacement:
.......7.3.1- The "Non-Delegate-Friendly Endorsement Cap" shall cap the endorsements for nations not endorsing the Delegate at 15.
.......7.3.2- The "Delegate-Friendly Endorsement Cap" shall cap the endorsements for nations endorsing the Delegate at 200.
.......7.3.3- The "Government Officer Endorsement Cap" shall cap the endorsements for Magisters, Arbiters, and certified Executive Staff endorsing the Delegate at 225.
.......7.3.4- The "Senior Officers Endorsement Cap" shall cap the endorsements for Executive Staff Ministers, EPPS Senior Officials, and EPSA Generals endorsing the Delegate at 250

This Amendment effectively doubled the endorsement cap for delegate-friendly non-citizens, and even more so for Senior and Government Officers. This, as shown below, has led to Total WA endorsements going up 29.5% and Average endorsements increasing by 3.8 despite the Total WA population increasing almost 10% in the Dec-Jan period.

TEP WA Statistics Charts

Below, the relative levels of Delegate and Vizier Influence are charted against Non-Delegate and Vizier Influence. The period following the Amendment marks the only major increase in the five month analysis period.
Delegate and Vizier Influence as Share of Total TEP Influence Over Time

Below, an upward trend in Delegate and Vizier endorsements is evident, and continuing since the Amendment.
Current Delegate and Vizier Endorsement Levels Over Time

This work is offered as a reference and general analysis of TEP WA over time, and is not meant as a conclusive argument. The Author urges others to look into this data for other connections or trends.

[1] All image materials and work found herein this post are hosted on an offsite service and considered the personal content of the author. This work may be referenced freely as reference work for the purpose of contrasting TEP before and after the endorsement cap change.

Former Delegate
Posted Image

"Viceroy Aelitia, whatever pills he might use, sure has ushered in a new era of TEP law"-EPNS 18/09/14

Civillian Missile Commander, Nuclear Apocalypse, April 2017
Posted Image
Past Positions

Delegate
Viceroy of The East Pacific 05-25-14 to 09-08-16
Arbiter of Conclave 05-06-14 to 09-08-16
Vizier 07-30-15 to 11-24-16
Magister
Vice Chancellor TEP University

Aelitia on NS
Aelitia RP Embassy

Yuno
Member Avatar
Lolita Goddess
Hai everyone!

Ok I figured we should keep a record of our regionwide telegrams. I excluded my regular campaign telegrams which are basically telegrams that ask nations to join the WA and join the Forum/Discord, because those are repetitive and the same old content. Instead, I'll record my Regional Officers' telegrams. As a way to keep the forumside updated on the gameside:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Yuno
Member Avatar
Lolita Goddess

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

La Navasse
Member Avatar
The following is the API campaign telegram for The Cloning Conventions, a resolution written by yours truly, and with the help of the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs.Posted Image
Edited by La Navasse, Jan 22 2018, 03:05:39 AM.

Yuno
Member Avatar
Lolita Goddess
Pakitsk has been promoted to Minister of Immigration! (Regionside being Secretary of Homeland Security)

Thanks for your service, Wonder Woman

I'd add more details but the reason for the promotion is due to Pakitsk (Daughteria on discord) showing incredible active activity and initiative (out of all TEP's new members straight off the RMB, he learned fast and has always double-checked with higher-ranks to ensure he doesn't make mistakes), best citizenship commisioner, and responsible, etc

I'm proud of this government :]

Posted ImagePosted Image

Yuno
Member Avatar
Lolita Goddess
We've been recruitment bombed =_=

Posted Image

My reaction:

Posted Image

TEP nations responding to me:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

All done

Thanks
Posted ImagePosted Image

Sad-States
Member Avatar
Face Plant!
Made a new WFE for the EPSA's jump point, From The End ^_^Posted Image
Sad-States - I'm not sad :P
Positions within The East Pacific
Proud Deputy Provost
Proud NCO of the Eastern Pacific Sovereign Army
Magister within the Magisterium
Member within the Culture Ministry
Member within the Eastern Pacific Police Service

Executive Badges     
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
About Me
My History In NationStates
EPSA Ribbons

Yuno
Member Avatar
Lolita Goddess
Executive Announcement:

I am splitting the Minister of Culture & Education into: 1) The Ministry of Education, headed by Minister Bachtendekuppen, and 2) The Ministry of Culture, headed by Verdrassil

This is because we have a lot of ideas on building up the Culture department to help TEP become more active ^_^
Posted ImagePosted Image

Aelitia
Member Avatar
The Fluffy Horde
A telegram sent our region-wide earlier today announcing the endorsement cap change!
Posted Image

A list published similar to the "nations not endorsing Yuno" list, but for a Vizier!
Posted Image
Edited by Aelitia, Mar 11 2018, 08:18:16 PM.

Former Delegate
Posted Image

"Viceroy Aelitia, whatever pills he might use, sure has ushered in a new era of TEP law"-EPNS 18/09/14

Posted Image
Past Positions

Delegate
Magister

Aelitia on NS
Aelitia RP Embassy

Mecovy
Member Avatar
Posted Image
The East Pacific News Service
March 31st, 2018

A Message From the Minister
By Pendragonania

Heya folks it has been an awful long time since I had one of these issues made up and published. For that I am sorry, however in the last three months since our new years edition a lot of exciting stuff has happened here in TEP. Below we will break it down in step by step but a quick summary for you all here; Yuno's been reelected as the delegate, Respublika Bielarus stepped down from Provost and in his place now stands Asendavia, we have two new Vizers in the form of Drachen and Cain, TEP had a region wide April Fools prank in the form of the SC resolution to liberate a 'coup' within TEP (which by the way was a prank, we hope some of you at least had fun).

Now for the fun stuff going on inside the News Service. We've dropped the idea of a radio being made for now, we don't believe that it is going to be practical to have such a thing at this stage. We're recruiting more people and standardising our application into the Executive Staff application made by our darling Queen Yuno. We're trying to push activity and having people join us to allow us to do more regular updates, which is great for everyone. We understand not everyone has the time to check the various discords and the RMB every day, so a lot can be missed so we hope in the future we can do weekly updates for those who miss a lot.

Delegate Elections
By Pendragonania

In these most recent elections the following individuals were nominated;
Tracking Nominations
Nominated CandidatesAccepted / Declined / Undetermined
Queen YunoNominated, Accepted
OanNominated, Declined
PaxNominated, Accepted
TrukyaNominated, Accepted
TheGreenRenegade (Emperor Green II)Nominated, Accepted
Todd McCloudNominated, Declined
Marilyn MansonSelf-Nominated, Seconded
AsendaviaNominated, Declined
Republika BielarusNominated, Declined

Out of these candidates the following made it to the ballot; Queen Yuno, Pax, Trukya, Marilyn Manson and Emperor Green II. Voting lasted four days for the first round however in an overwhelming shock victory one round was all it took for Yuno to take victory. Yuno won with an majority of 86.7% of the votes cast. Although with such an awesome delegate we kind of saw it coming.

Here is what Yuno had to say about her reelection;
Quote:

Hai! You know it feels weird being here again to say something to you all as delegate, its been a fun six months so far and here's to more fun times to go! It honestly feels amazing that so many of you out there support me and what I am doing as Delegate and the only thing I can think to say here besides thank you, is I hope this next term brings so many more happy memories and an ever expanding Executive Staff team!

Farewell to Respublika Bielarus
By Pendragonania

Originally having joined the Magisterium in August of 2016, and then again in November 2016, Respublika quickly gained the respect of the people within the Magisterium. This was noted by many voters during his November Re Admission vote. Finally in January of 2017 Republika was elected as the Provost. And through sheer dedication we honestly believe he managed to expand the Magisterium from only a few members, to well over 20 which it currently stands at today. An honestly impressive task. Unfortunately a year after he was elected Respublika decided it was time to hand in the towel, shortly after being reelected in the January elections, he stepped down in February. In his time he made many friends in the Magisterium and was dedicated to the role he had, but like all great things they have to end at some point.

We hope to see him return some day, however the Magisterium has been put into capable hands in the form of Asendavia;

Updates from the Roleplay team
By Furnifold

Quote:

Stuff from the Roleplay team.

Hey! The Roleplay Moderation would like to recognise the following great contributions to TEP Evolved (off site forum) roleplay:
  • Best Roleplayer goes to [nation]Neueburg[/nation].
  • Best Roleplay goes to Decimation Book I: the Sanguine Horde (one player RP by [nation]Masuicca[/nation]) and In the Wrong Hands (one player RP by [nation]The Three States of Fortuna[/nation])
  • Best News Broadcast goes to Fernsehfunk der VRN by [nation]Neueburg[/nation]
  • Best Character goes to Queen Lilith by [nation]Queen Yuno[/nation].

We would like to welcome [nation]Neueburg[/nation] and [nation]Luthoayae[/nation] to the roleplay community.

If you want to join T.E.P. roleplay follow this easy steps:

For any further information read these resources:

Please contact the following players for assistance: [nation]The Oan Isles[/nation], [nation]Free Syllvin[/nation], [nation]Emberwood Coast[/nation], [nation]Staynes[/nation] and [nation]Furnifold[/nation].

We hope to hear from you soon!
The Roleplay Team.

Induction of Cain as a vizer
By Pendragonania

Recently the Magisterium voted to add Cain to the team of vizers. Cain has a nation called Aeneas Prime and has been involved in the Executive Staff team for a long time now. The funny thing was he was who got me involved in the ES when I returned to TEP after 4 years so it feels great to be able to induct him into the hall of trusted members. Here is what he had to said

Quote:

NationStates has been a passion of mine going on 15 years. During that time I have been involved in a myriad of regions and organizations covering almost every aspect of the game proper. When I have been actively playing, my primary concern has been focusing on the people that drive everything forward. My fellow NSers. Thus, when I am a member of government, regional leadership, or that of being apart of a group of community leaders like I believe many have categorized me in with regards to The East Pacific, I use all that I know and have learned in-game to help as well as protect my community. I see it as a responsibility of those whom have the know how and capability to act to ensure that it is, and to the letter. Being nominated by Delegate Yuno came honestly as a surprise, but not in the way that most would expect. Time has honestly flew right past me. Sure, we have had battles in The East Pacific and have ran into some rocky patches during her first term in office, but I believe that we all signed up for this. Our only goal - my only goal, continues to be to ensure that TEP is able to achieve its full potential and that those within our region feel that they are apart of an intricate apparatus where they can directly affect change and have their voice heard respectively. To this end, I am both honored and humbled by the region that I have chosen to call home. I am glad that I decided to come back to the game in Fall of last year despite significant RL events that were then on-going consuming much of my time and energy. I hope that I can continue to honor the values and virtues that our community represents well into the future.

Thank you. I love you all

Aeneas Prime AKA Cain

Induction of Drachen as a vizer
By Pendragonania

So far this year we have seen two new vizers be appointed to the region. Like Cain, Drachen, serves in various ministries within the region. He also manages most of the discord servers within TEP, no small task to do each day. Like with Cain I wont comment much here, but here is what he has to say;

Quote:

My becoming Vizier was certainly something I would have never anticipated, even in the recent months. I cannot say how grateful I am to the Loligarch for believing in me so much to have not only afforded me all these other roles within the executive but also nominated me for one the region's most important positions. It truly feels as if I have joined some exclusive club of protectors whose membership will be recorded and remembered years down the road. It's nothing less of an honor.

While it doesn't seem like I'll ever get to exercise my power as Vizier, which is fine by me because that would mean the region is facing a rouge delegate, I respect the position and the duty I have been given, Should the unfortunate moment ever come where TEP is threatened at the highest level, I will be there.

April Fools in TEP
By Pendragonania

So its hard to not speak about the elephant in the room, the coup d'etat. So what actually was it? The whole thing started when the SC published a liberate East Pacific resolution. So in the spirit of fun Queen Yuno took it upon herself to have some fun with the idea. Being good sports to make it more believable the RO was 'purged'. Which included at first the removal of Todd McCloud, Bachtendekuppen, and Aelitia Astor. Then in a way to try make it more realistic, I played the part of someone who was going to clamp down on it all and portrayed as a traitor and left the RO. Todd was restored afterwards as a show of loyalty for exposing myself. The Concordat was removed and replaced with the ELO (Eastern Loligarch Order). A few days went on it was becoming clear that it was getting out of hand. Insults were being thrown around on the RMB and the region started haemorrhaging endorsements and memberstates. This is when we decided to cut it short and highlight the fact it was merely a joke. The original idea was to reveal it on April Fools.

I'd like to take this time to officially apologise on behalf of the entire cabinet of ministers to all those negatively effected by this. We are back to a friendly democratic nation and we hope that if people who see this left the region, we are happy to have you back. We miss you <3

Final notes
By Pendragonania

So here we are, hopefully you enjoyed the article today. I'd like to remind you all that EPNS is currently looking to hire individuals wishing to get their foot in the door for the executive staff . We're happy to take anyone even if you don't have a great understanding of our great language. I'm happily to work with you guys to teach you the construction of news articles acceptable for publishing.
Co-Minister of the news and regional officer. NS vet.

Regional Officer
Posted Image
Minister of EPNS
Posted Image
Immigration officer
Posted Image
Foreign Affairs
Posted Image
Magister
Posted Image

Aelitia
Member Avatar
The Fluffy Horde
A Brief WA Analysis of The East Pacific
with special regard to changes since the March 2nd endorsement cap increase
[1]

Following up on the previous post, and with the following increase in the endorsement cap, an updated analysis is warranted. The proposal ultimately enacted the following as the new caps on March 2nd, 2018-
December 5th Amendment to the Endorsement Caps Act

...7.3- Upon Enactment of this bill, the following Qualified Endorsement Caps are established until their repeal or replacement:
.......7.3.1- The "Non-Delegate-Friendly Endorsement Cap" shall cap the endorsements for nations not endorsing the Delegate at 10.
.......7.3.2- The "Delegate-Friendly Endorsement Cap" shall cap the endorsements for nations endorsing the Delegate at 350.
.......7.3.3- The "Government Officer Endorsement Cap" shall cap the endorsements for Magisters, Arbiters, and certified Executive Staff endorsing the Delegate at 375.
.......7.3.4- The "Senior Officers Endorsement Cap" shall cap the endorsements for Executive Staff Ministers, EPPS Senior Officials, and EPSA Generals endorsing the Delegate at 400

This Amendment effectively increased the endorsement cap by 100 for delegate-friendly non-citizens, a moderate amount for Government officers, and decreased the endorsement allowance for nations not endorsing the Delegate.

TEP WA Statistics Charts

Below, the relative levels of Delegate and Vizier Influence are charted against Non-Delegate and Vizier Influence. The period following the Amendment marks the only decrease in relative influence in the analysis period.

Delegate and Vizier Influence as Share of Total TEP Influence Over Time

Below, an upward trend in Delegate and Vizier endorsements is evident, and continuing since the Amendment.
Existing Delegate and Vizier Endorsement Levels Over Time

This work is offered as a reference and general analysis of TEP WA over time, and is not meant as a conclusive argument. The Author urges others to look into this data for other connections or trends.

[1] All image materials and work found herein this post are hosted on an offsite service and considered the personal content of the author. This work may be referenced freely as reference work for the purpose of contrasting TEP before and after endorsement cap changes.

Former Delegate
Posted Image

Posted Image
Past Positions

Delegate
Magister

Aelitia on NS
Aelitia RP Embassy

Yuno
Member Avatar
Lolita Goddess
Announcement of New Ministry:

Due to recent need for a Citizenship Audit due to upcoming elections, I have decided to split the Immigration Ministry into 2 Ministries:

Posted Image

1) Immigration Ministry
2) TEP Census Bureau (also named as: Ministry of Paperwork)

These will be two separate ministries, and Opstan shall be appointed as Minister of Paperwork. He has done the MOST work out of all the data-keepers of TEP: as shown here http://forum.theeastpacific.com/topic/7020548/1/
It would be a meritocratic to hire him as a minister.

Secondly, special thanks to Prussia and Zukchiva for their contributions in this recent too, they along with Atlae(who's contributed for past projects) and Wonder Woman are added to the Census Bureau ministry as members.

Please sign up ^-^
Posted ImagePosted Image

Yuno
Member Avatar
Lolita Goddess
SOURCE: http://forum.theeastpacific.com/topic/7021821/1/?x=0#post10042783

NEW PLANS:

I've been looking at the recent delegate elections and wanted to try something new, so I've taken some ideas off other people's campaign threads.

The installation of a Chief Minister of the Arts and Chief Minister of the Sciences. These two Chief Ministers will be expected to have a great deal of expertise over their respective ministries, will help manage the Ministers they oversee, and can have as much or as little direct involvement in each ministry as they see fit.

Each minister will be expected to, with the assistance of their Chief Minister, establish goals for their ministry and a plan for achieving those goals. There will be weekly voice chat meetings with the cabinet to discuss these goals and the progress being made. Progress will be measured and adjustments will be made as needed to ensure that goals are met.

A great deal of autonomy is provided to the Chief Ministers and Ministers on these matters. Their goals will be set by individual ministers with the assistance of their Chief Minister. Aside from striving toward our common progress as a region, the only requirements that these goals will have is that they be both measurable and practical.
What this means:

Fedele is hired as Chief Minister of the Sciences, Verdrassil is hired as Chief Minister of the Arts.

Ministries of the Arts: -Verdrassil
Culture -Verdrassil
World Assembly -Verdrassil
Immigration -Pakitsk
East Pacific News Service -Mecovy(Pendra)

Ministries of the Sciences: -Fedele
East Pacific Sovereign Army -Elfine
East Pacific Police Service -Elfine
Foreign Affairs -Wonder Woman
Education -Bachtendekuppen (+co-Minister Atlae)
Census Bureau -Opstan

FAQ

Information about our Executive Ministries:

PLEASE CLICK TO READ ALL THE TERM PLANS

Gulag
TRR will be renamed to the Gulag where the dissidents will be removed to. Loyalty will be rewarded with continued stay in the bestest pacific.

-hobbes@gulag idea
Edited by Yuno, Jun 9 2018, 04:59:34 PM.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Wonder Woman
Member Avatar
Ashurbanipal
Good Evening TEP!

I'm the new Minister of Foreign Affairs. I like to brief you all on the direction the Ministry is going. My vision is the statement called "Better Together". https://docs.google.com/document/d/18YsZtrnl7ykOEVHFA8L1YeG24okna74ix-5ZutcJ1Ng/edit?usp=drivesdk

We are going to strengthen our relationship with all of our allies. We will establish new friendships, and continue to lead the forefront in NS. We will work on amending our WA alliance with other regions! I'm excited to be serving here as the main diplomat! Thank you! Stay tuned for more information.
Offices Currently Holding
-Proudly serving EPPS
-A Proud Magister since September 3, 2017
-Minister of Foreign Affairs since June 7, 2018

Past Offices Held
-Former Minister of Immigration September 26, 2017-January 22, 2018

Wonder Woman

Minister of Foreign Affairs Badge
Posted Image
Former Minister of Immigration
Posted Image

Wonder Woman
Member Avatar
Ashurbanipal
Good Evening TEP,
Among us is a proposal made to the Magisterium. The TEP-NPO treaty is complete, and ready to be voted on. Tonight I ask my fellow magisters to support this treaty, and when it goes to vote! This treaty supports both regions, and will establish a new close relationship that we haven't had with NPO in awhile. The Foreign Affairs team has worked long and hard on this treaty. Former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Cain started the treaty idea, and we completed it. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is excited about passing a treaty like this! Let's vote yes on this treaty! Let's keep standing together, and improving our international relations with our NS counterparts. Thank You!
-Proudly serving EPPS

Past Offices Held

Wonder Woman

Posted Image
Posted Image

Wonder Woman
Member Avatar
Ashurbanipal
Good evening TEP,
Tonight the Ministry of Foreign Affairs decided it would be best put the Treaty of friendship with Equilism, and the NWA-TEP treaty on a delay for now. We want to focus 100% on making sure that these treaties will benefit TEP first. As for the NPO-TEP treaty, I feel we should persue this treaty, and pass it. We are going to be more focused on TEP first. I ask the Provost, Drachen to please remove those treaties we are putting on the back burner from the Magisterium for now. If you have any questions please ask me.
-Proudly serving EPPS

Past Offices Held

Wonder Woman

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Executive Offices · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Infinite is a customized version of Simple ZB created by Protego of Outline & Zetaboards Theme Zone
Icons by Paomedia and hosted by imgur

© The East Pacific 2003-2018