Out of Character

Government
Executive Offices
Delegate: Yuno
Magisterium
Provost: Drachen
Conclave
Viceroy: Aelitia

Welcome to The East Pacific. We hope you enjoy your visit.

How to register an account
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you may register an account here!

I'm registered. How can I post?
When you sign up on our forums, your account is classified under the "visa" group. Individuals who are in this group will only be able to post in certain areas of the forum. To gain the ability to post on all public sections of these forums, read this post and follow the directions to make a post in that forum. An administrator will review your account and if there are no problems you'll be able to post in no time!

Username:   Password:
Multiquote ON Multiquote off
Add Reply
Possible Absence; Just a general head's up.
Topic Started: Jan 8 2018, 04:26:51 PM (171 Views)
Masuicca
Member Avatar
Kilroy was here
Evening, everyone.

So, as some of you know from our discussion on our regional Discord server, I have been going through several major health problems over the last few years. It would not be inappropriate to call me 'sickly', I guess - I've been dealing with several chronic illnesses that have made life pretty miserable at times. One of the reasons I was so active my first two weeks here at TEP was because I couldn't really move around much because of my legs; I was pretty much immobile, so I sat in my chair all day with my computer.

I tell you this because this afternoon, I had a gallbladder attack that made me extremely sick. It also caused pressure in my chest, dizziness, and weakness. The doctors aren't sure if these symptoms are related to my gallbladder, or if there's an issue also with my heart. Sitting in my chair, I very nearly passed out in the middle of writing a post for the forums, and took almost an hour lying down without moving before I started to feel normal again.

Because I have responsibilities here in the region, I wanted to make it public knowledge that I am battling through some issues. The last time I had an attack like this, I spent several days in the Hospital, and obviously when you have to go to the ER, you don't always have time to warn people. So I wanted to leave this message here, alerting people to what was going on, and letting people know that if I were to suddenly drop off the face of NS Earth for a few days, that it's not a permanent absence or anything like that. If and when I do have medical problems kick up that will pull me away for awhile, I'll do my best to get word here as quickly as possible.

Unless I kick the bucket, I guess - that would be permanent. But I don't have aspirations of kicking the bucket just quite yet. In the interim, I'll carry on with my responsibilities here, but I just wanted everyone to be aware of what's going on with me and to at least have it written down where I may sometimes have brief hiatuses in the future.

- Mas
A SOVEREIGN CITIZEN, MAGISTER AND PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE EAST PACIFIC

Posted Image

Official Roles

Roleplay Information

Important Links
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yuno
Member Avatar
Lolita Goddess
thank you for posting this and i really appreciate that you're in this community. it's OK if you take a few days off or some time off randomly, it happens to all of us, even those who simply have RL drama/work
and omg plz see doctor
take as long as u need RL first

You are a valued citizen and friend.

I hope your health improves and feel better soon!
Edited by Yuno, Jan 8 2018, 04:33:28 PM.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Respublika Bielarus
Member Avatar
The Candy Man
Hope you get to feeling better soon! Take care of yourself and we will hold down the fort here while you are gone.

Todd McCloud
Member Avatar
Planet Telox
Thanks for keeping us up to date, Mas. Please take care of yourself - health is much more important than a game, but you know that. I've had my gallbladder removed, and if it's the case that it's your gallbladder, I can prolly lend some advice on food to stave off attacks until it's removed.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II
Vekaiyu's Wiki Page | Ikrisia Levinile's Wiki Page | Listonia's Wiki Page

Masuicca
Member Avatar
Kilroy was here
Todd McCloud
Jan 8 2018, 05:48:03 PM
Thanks for keeping us up to date, Mas. Please take care of yourself - health is much more important than a game, but you know that. I've had my gallbladder removed, and if it's the case that it's your gallbladder, I can prolly lend some advice on food to stave off attacks until it's removed.
The gallbladder issue is a major problem; I'm having problems with it, even though the function is still relatively good, which is why it's been so difficult to have surgery to remove it. Any advice you have would be most helpful!

Strat
Member Avatar
SEPC Founding Nation
Take care of yourself, Mas, and get well soon. We'll still be here (hopefully, at least!) when you come back.

Government

Executive Staff

Posted Image

Ministry of the World Assembly

Posted Image

Magisterium

Posted Image

Ivlya
"Blessed Be Ivlya"

Nationstates - Nation
NSwiki - General
NSwiki - Military
NSwiki - Royal Families
TEP RP - Embassy
TEP RP - News Broadcast
Posted Image

General

TEP RP - Minor Retcons
Stratarin
"Glory to the workers"

Nationstates - Nation
NSwiki - General
NSwiki - Military
TEP RP - Embassy
TEP RP - News Broadcast
TEP RP - Character Database
Personal

The Stratfather

Posted Image

Greyson

Posted Image

Purveyor of Kitsune

Posted Image

Atlae
Member Avatar
Whaddya mean, there's no caek delivery down here?
Health > NS. Hope you get better soon!
"Gloria in Terra"

"The pronunciation of "Atlae" is /ętleɪ/. Don't you forget it." AND NOT ALTAE

Maintainer of the "game streak," or posting on the whole first page of the game room.

It's dark and lonely down here in TEP's server.
All these banners
TEP Positions
Other Positions

Masuicca
Member Avatar
Kilroy was here
Hey guys.

So as I mentioned to a few people earlier this week, I was dealing with some health stuff that might limit my activity for a few days on here - hard to do much typing when your hand is aching non-stop. The good news is that this problem never really got super bad, so that's some pain that I got to avoid. The bad news is that I've gotten very sick over the last few days. My brother is going to have to take me to the ER in a few minutes; apparently, I haven't had enough go wrong the last few years, so my appendix decided that IT wanted to join the Lame Parade.

I dunno what the timetable is for getting to come home, if they'll yank it out immediately or try meds - I have zero experience with appendicitis so I can't say for sure. All I know is that I could use some prayers right now: I'm kind of a high-risk patient for surgery, and an emergency surgery is going to compound the problem. When I have the ability to update everyone, I'll check in as soon as I can.

- Mas

Atlae
Member Avatar
Whaddya mean, there's no caek delivery down here?
Take care!
"Gloria in Terra"

"The pronunciation of "Atlae" is /ętleɪ/. Don't you forget it." AND NOT ALTAE

Maintainer of the "game streak," or posting on the whole first page of the game room.

It's dark and lonely down here in TEP's server.
All these banners
TEP Positions
Other Positions

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · The Lounge · Next Topic »
Add Reply

© The East Pacific 2003-2018