Out of Character

Government
Executive Offices
Delegate: Yuno
Magisterium
Provost: Asendavia
Conclave
Viceroy: Aelitia

Welcome to The East Pacific. We hope you enjoy your visit.

How to register an account
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you may register an account here!

I'm registered. How can I post?
When you sign up on our forums, your account is classified under the "visa" group. Individuals who are in this group will only be able to post in certain areas of the forum. To gain the ability to post on all public sections of these forums, read this post and follow the directions to make a post in that forum. An administrator will review your account and if there are no problems you'll be able to post in no time!

Username:   Password:
Multiquote ON Multiquote off
Locked Topic
Complaint by Resident Malayan SIngapura
Topic Started: Feb 13 2018, 12:21:26 AM (510 Views)
Aelitia
Member Avatar
The Fluffy Horde
I have received the following Personal Message from a resident of TEP, and I have made it clear in the past I will not conduct formal business of Conclave through PM and have published them previously. As for the concern, as far as I can tell, the concerned resident also elaborates on the issue here: http://forum.theeastpacific.com/topic/7018331/1/#new

Malayan Singapura Feb 12 2018
07:49:10 PM
Dear Viceroy Aelitia,

I have been banned by this post which is somehow labelled racist and offensive to an apparent "Sister" of Delegate Yuno to which I have a personal vendetta with

Well that seems nice of the nation Jerimis... But I can do much better than pasta cooked with cheese

Friends, family and allies in capitalism or blood, I humbly invite you to a feast this Lunar New Year's Eve as we will engage in meaningful conversation, amusement and dine on only some of the world's most sacredly preserved foods, some of which has been personally handed down to me by family of Millenia ago. Make your reservation by quoting this post with deleting all of this& & replacing it with LNY Invitiation @ MS. Address it to the Istana, Singapuran Capitol District, Malayan Singapura. Timing is at 17:00 Thursday SGT.

To my personal enemies SJS Republic, The Sanada Clan, Aldion, Ancient and Noble House of Ravenclaw and some other guys who might be still angry at me from The North Pacific or The South Pacific it is best not to come wreck things for me for the reason that this is supposed to be a time of joy and brokering deals.

So people like Hong Kong Empire, Kyoki Chudoku, Xagill, Friently, The Akhara Islands and so on and so forth... I really do not know your stances... Come if you want maybe ?

To my guests, it is best if you can come dressed up in traditional Oriental Celestials worshipper garb (Chinese if you didn't understood) and bring some food item appropriately themed. According to the lunar calendar, it is the year of the dog. Please do not bring dog meat unless it is 100% safe to eat and labelled with a sign that says "hadha altabaq haram" for the sake of the Muslims.

I shall be waiting for you as I invite you to celebrate something that has stood the tests of time and has somehow survived in our contemporary modern world after Millenia. Preferred Colour scheme is Red, Gold and Orange

First of all, it's not racist as dogs and domesticated wolves are indeed a type of livestock my ancestors have eaten since 500 BC. I added the sign that says "hadha altabaq haram" as it means "This dish is haram" in Arabic so as to not offend any Muslims in the TEP

And as for offending a "Sister of Yuno", I think this is unjust as doesn't the East Pacific allow freedom of speech with the exception of convicted people.

I beg of you to make this right ! I can't bear being banjected the third time if this one isn't caused by anything thst can be convict able whatsoever

~ Malayan Singapura

I invite Arbiters to opine on the issue, though I tend to follow the opinion of Cain expressed in the thread linked above. This complainant is merely a resident of The East Pacific, and thus is not protected by guarantee for trial or even review by Conclave. Feel free to engage in this matter as you will.

Former Delegate
Posted Image

"Viceroy Aelitia, whatever pills he might use, sure has ushered in a new era of TEP law"-EPNS 18/09/14

Civillian Missile Commander, Nuclear Apocalypse, April 2017
Posted Image
Past Positions

Delegate
Viceroy of The East Pacific 05-25-14 to 09-08-16
Arbiter of Conclave 05-06-14 to 09-08-16
Vizier 07-30-15 to 11-24-16
Magister
Vice Chancellor TEP University

Aelitia on NS
Aelitia RP Embassy
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aelitia
Member Avatar
The Fluffy Horde
On another pass, I will be officially closing this complaint as it is without basis or standing. The complainant is not a citizen, and is therefore does not have the judicial safeguards accorded to that class. Further, a ban on a non-citizen is on a cursory glance upheld not only by strong conventions, but the law.

Section 4.8 of the Dictum states-
Dictum de Hoc Malefuctum

Regional Considerations and Rights

...4.8- The East Pacific shall assert its right as a Region to deny entry or residence to any nation it has deemed a significant risk to the Region, including but not limited to nations which have been convicted of Treason or High Treason.
........4.8.1- This shall not impede the right of Citizens to seek appeal before Conclave.
and a review by Conclave has confirmed the Delegate's right to enforce such clause-
Review for Potential Action by Delegate Xoriet

2. Whether or not the Executive enforce clause 4.8 of the Dictum?

YES: The default executor of any law, as instituted by the Concordat in Article A, Section 1, is the Delegate and, by extension, the Executive. This default is repeated by Clause 4.2 of the Criminal Code and supported by several other Articles and Sections of the Concordat.

However, this jurisdiction is limited by Clause 4.8 and the Concordat itself. The clause only applies to 'nations' and their 'entry' or 'residence'. This is perfectly in line with the jurisdiction of the Delegate, both as Executive and as keeper of the public order and law in the in-game region of The East Pacific.

Consequently, the clause does not apply to those nations/players already endowed with Citizenship, as every nation/player who is Citizen has a right to a trial and can only be banished or ejected after conviction of a particular crime(Article A, Section 4 of the Concordat).

The Executive is however free to enforce clause 4.8 on all other nations, but the original nation used in the first Citizenship application for a given player, since one simply can not gain Citizenship twice under the Concordat.

Given this, there is nothing that can come of your complaint/demand and you will be deemed a public nuisance if you continue to insistently post about the matter.

Former Delegate
Posted Image

"Viceroy Aelitia, whatever pills he might use, sure has ushered in a new era of TEP law"-EPNS 18/09/14

Civillian Missile Commander, Nuclear Apocalypse, April 2017
Posted Image
Past Positions

Delegate
Viceroy of The East Pacific 05-25-14 to 09-08-16
Arbiter of Conclave 05-06-14 to 09-08-16
Vizier 07-30-15 to 11-24-16
Magister
Vice Chancellor TEP University

Aelitia on NS
Aelitia RP Embassy
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Conclave · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Infinite is a customized version of Simple ZB created by Protego of Outline & Zetaboards Theme Zone
Icons by Paomedia and hosted by imgur

The East Pacific 2003-2017