Out of Character

Government
Executive Offices
Delegate: Yuno
Magisterium
Provost: Drachen
Conclave
Viceroy: Aelitia

Welcome to The East Pacific. We hope you enjoy your visit.

How to register an account
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you may register an account here!

I'm registered. How can I post?
When you sign up on our forums, your account is classified under the "visa" group. Individuals who are in this group will only be able to post in certain areas of the forum. To gain the ability to post on all public sections of these forums, read this post and follow the directions to make a post in that forum. An administrator will review your account and if there are no problems you'll be able to post in no time!

Username:   Password:
Multiquote ON Multiquote off
Add Reply
Agricultural Invasive Species Act; Voting ends 20th April
Topic Started: Apr 14 2018, 03:47:30 PM (125 Views)
Bai Lung
Member Avatar
Paradise City
Recognizing agriculture as the most fundamental industry of most member states,

Alarmed at the harms of invasive species of pathogens, weeds, and animals on agriculture and those employed in agriculture,

The World Assembly hereby,

1. Defines, for the purposes of this resolution, "invasive species" as non-native species of non-sapient life that, upon introduction into or nearby the agricultural ecosystems of a member state, significantly imperil the health or productivity of those agricultural ecosystems,

2. Establishes minimum standards that regulate trade in order to avoid transference of invasive species,

a. Requires member states to employ nondestructive customs procedures or screenings in accordance with previous World Assembly legislation and otherwise of their choice on all goods entering or exiting national jurisdiction, to the extent that tests for invasive species on sampled goods guarantee a power of 99.7%,

b. Mandates fines on goods that are found contaminated with species invasive to the area of the goods' destination and do not undergo effective decontamination procedures,

c. Prohibits the intentional or careless transportation of live organisms of invasive species or goods contaminated with invasive species to or through areas where they pose a threat to agricultural ecosystems,

d. Urges the imposition of tariffs on goods known to frequently harbor invasive species in response to nations that fail to adequately inspect outgoing shipping for such infestations,

3. Continues to prohibit the use of invasive species against agricultural resources as an economic or military weapon,

4. Urges member states to research the possibility of various species becoming invasive, especially toward agricultural ecosystems, and to communicate any knowledge of invasive species to other states and the World Assembly Science Program,

5. Establishes the Agricultural Invasive Species Removal Service, and charges it with assisting, upon member states' request, in the removal or destruction of invasive species,

a. Provides for the use of selective pesticides and herbicides, and means to capture or kill invasive fauna, to eliminate populations of invasive species causing harm to agricultural ecosystems, within the limitations of already existing World Assembly law and national law,

b. Recommends that member states and the Agricultural Invasive Species Removal Service consider the use of flamethrowers and heavy artillery for the removal of particularly stubborn infestations of invasive species,

c. Affirms that the Agricultural Invasive Species Removal Service are to use such equipment exclusively for the removal of invasive species, and may not use them for any reason against sapient creatures or their organizations.
Edited by Bai Lung, Apr 15 2018, 08:52:27 PM.
Posted Image
"Freedom..."
The Free Republic of Bai Lung
Visit my official NSWiki page on Bai Lung

Quote:

"They whine about discrimination. Do you know who is being discriminated against? The Hal'vonnist people of Dannistaan, the ones who created this nation... I am talking about the Dannistrian Hal'vonnist people of the North as well as the East...Communism is racial! A racial minority seized control in Bai Lung and in all her satellite states such as Kelssek, Dovakhan and the Free Pacific States, and many other countries I could name."

-Kelly Minn'ow-Jones, former leader of the Dannistrian National Party
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bai Lung
Member Avatar
Paradise City
More info here: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=425982&sid=ae7dce4d8a1aa526c3b9c26e252d864a

This resolution is now up for vote.

Bai Lung will vote AGAINST.
Posted Image
"Freedom..."

Quote:

"They whine about discrimination. Do you know who is being discriminated against? The Hal'vonnist people of Dannistaan, the ones who created this nation... I am talking about the Dannistrian Hal'vonnist people of the North as well as the East...Communism is racial! A racial minority seized control in Bai Lung and in all her satellite states such as Kelssek, Dovakhan and the Free Pacific States, and many other countries I could name."

Drachen
Member Avatar
"Therefore, I will judge you!"
Decided to vote against. This is just unnecessary and too abrasive.
Badges

Actual Dragon
Posted Image

Loli Protector
Posted Image

Marine Biologist
Posted Image

Queen of the Fairies
Posted Image

Yuri Enthusiast
Posted Image
Shan'alah bandu ni Verdrassil

Posted Image

"Fal andu'balah nei il'amare."
"Through love, the nation is preserved."
- Lady Al'Ameth
Posted Image
Roles

Vizier
Posted Image

Minister of Culture
Posted Image

Minister of World Assembly Affairs
Posted Image

Provost of the Magisterium
Posted Image

Pollster
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bai Lung
Member Avatar
Paradise City
"Agricultural Invasive Species Act" was defeated 11,452 votes to 8,193.
Posted Image
"Freedom..."

Quote:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The General Assembly · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Infinite is a customized version of Simple ZB created by Protego of Outline & Zetaboards Theme Zone
Icons by Paomedia and hosted by imgur

The East Pacific 2003-2017