Out of Character

Government
Executive Offices
Delegate: Yuno
Magisterium
Provost: Drachen
Conclave
Viceroy: Aelitia

Welcome to The East Pacific. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you may register an account here!

I'm registered. Where do I start?
When you sign up on our forums, your account may be limited to certain forums, and unable to make requests in our roleplay section. We recommend that you Apply for Citizenship to gain all the benefits of being part of our roleplay community!

Username:   Password:
Multiquote ON Multiquote off
Locked Topic
Vote: Amendments to the Treaty of Klunvorden; Vote shall end in 1 week at time of posting
Topic Started: Apr 15 2018, 07:37:44 PM (548 Views)
Asendavia
Member Avatar
Official FPA Recruiter
On April 9th, Delegate Yuno presented the Magisterium with amendments to the Treaty of Klunvorden that she and Europeia's leadership wished to add to the treaty. On April 15th, a vote was motioned and seconded. The amendments can be found here and later on in this post.

Treaty of Klunvorden

WHEREAS, The East Pacific ("The East Pacific") and the Republic of Europeia ("Europeia") have developed and strengthened a natural alliance between the two regions, and

WHEREAS, The East Pacific and Europeia wish to formally declare their friendship and alliance, as well as the treaty undertakings set forth herein;

NOW, THEREFORE, The East Pacific and Europeia agree as follows:

1. Sovereignty

(a) Europeia will recognize only the legitimate government of The East Pacific, as determined by East Pacifican law, as representative of the Region and People of The East Pacific.
(b) The East Pacific will recognize only the legitimate government of Europeia, as determined by Europeian law, as representative of the Region and People of Europeia.
(c) Neither region will pass or otherwise create a law that cedes sovereign control of its government to a third party.

2. Military Undertakings

(a) Neither The East Pacific nor Europeia will engage in military hostilities against the other, nor against one another's protectorates which have been established by regional law and communicated to the other signatory. Participation by The East Pacific and Europeia on opposite sides of a military engagement that does not constitute an attack on either region or a region's protectorate shall not be considered "military hostilities against the other" for this purpose.
(b) To the extent practicable, The East Pacific and Europeia shall provide the other defensive military assistance in case of an attack.
(c.) Both The East Pacific and Europeia shall not cede their sovereign control over their respective military forces to any supraregional alliance. Sovereign control is interpreted as being able to make the ultimate decision with regards to the region's military resources participating in a military operation. Both regions may continue to enter into bilateral and multilateral agreements for common defense.
(d) The East Pacific and Europeia shall aid each other in Delegacy transferrals when requested.
(e) The East Pacific and Europeia will collaborate militarily for the combined benefit of both regions when practical.

3. Intelligence Undertakings

(a) Neither The East Pacific nor Europeia will set spies on the other. For this purpose, a "spy" is a person acting under false pretenses in one region, without that region's knowledge, and at the direction of the other region's legitimate government.
(b) The East Pacific and Europeia each shall provide information to the other if such information is pertinent to the other region's security or well-being, or otherwise upon the other's reasonable request, unless the party in possession of such information reasonably believes that providing that information might violate applicable laws or contravene the terms of service for NationStates or a regional communications platform, or when revealing that information would unduly compromise that party's source(s) of information. Both signatories shall endeavor to reveal as much as possible in such situations, but not more than they can under laws, terms of service or the need to protect sources.
(c) The East Pacific and Europeia will each make it a violation of their internal laws to spy on the other, if a similar or related law to the same effect does not already exist. To the extent permitted by each region's laws, this section shall be deemed self-executing.

4. Diplomatic Undertakings

(a) The East Pacific and Europeia shall establish and maintain in-game embassies (i.e., on the NationStates site) with one another.
(b) The East Pacific and Europeia shall maintain off-site embassies (i.e., on their regional forums), consistent with facilities provided to other allies.

5. Cultural Undertakings

(a) Each signatory will endeavour, where appropriate and possible, to engage in social and cultural activities with the other signatory. This can include, but is not limited to, festivals, competitions and university sharing events.
(b) As soon as practicable following ratification, The East Pacific and Europeia will collaborate to stage a cultural festival to celebrate this treaty.

6. Recruitment Undertakings

(a) Neither The East Pacific nor Europeia will deliberately engage in recruitment from the other, nor from one another's protectorates which have been established by regional law and communicated to the other signatory. Owing to the status of The East Pacific as a Feeder region, Europeia may send recruitment telegrams to nations in The East Pacific within 48 hours of the nation being founded or refounded. "Recruitment" is defined as the communication with a nation with the intent to encourage it to move regions.

7. General Provisions

(a) This treaty shall take effect when it has been ratified by the duly authorized legislative bodies of both The East Pacific and Europeia.
(b) Upon ratification, this treaty shall be the sole bilateral treaty between The East Pacific and Europeia, superseding any prior written documents describing a relationship between the regions.

Proposed Amendments

3. Intelligence Undertakings

(a) Neither The East Pacific nor Europeia will set spies on the other. For this purpose, a "spy" is a person acting under false pretenses in one region, without that region's knowledge, and at the direction of the other region's legitimate government.
(b) The East Pacific and Europeia each shall provide information to the other if such information is pertinent to the other region's security or well-being, or otherwise upon the other's reasonable request, unless the party in possession of such information reasonably believes that providing that information might violate applicable laws or contravene the terms of service for NationStates or a regional communications platform, or when revealing that information would unduly compromise that party's source(s) of information. Both signatories shall endeavor to reveal as much as possible in such situations, but not more than they can under laws, terms of service or the need to protect sources.
(c) The East Pacific and Europeia will each make it a violation of their internal laws to spy on the other, if a similar or related law to the same effect does not already exist. To the extent permitted by each region's laws, this section shall be deemed self-executing.
(d) In sharing intelligence under clause 3(b), the providing region may place reasonable limitations on the use of that intelligence. Such limitations may include but are not limited to restrictions on providing the intelligence to third parties. The receiving region shall comply with any such reasonable limitation and shall consider such compliance a matter of regional security.

7. General Provisions

(a) This treaty shall take effect when it has been ratified by the duly authorized legislative bodies of both The East Pacific and Europeia.
(b) Upon ratification, this treaty shall be the sole bilateral treaty between The East Pacific and Europeia, superseding any prior written documents describing a relationship between the regions.
(c) Amendments to this treaty may be made only by the mutual agreement of The East Pacific and Europeia except that either region may unilaterally withdraw from this treaty pursuant to its own legal process. Such amendments shall take effect when they have been ratified by the duly authorized legislative bodies of both The East Pacific and Europeia.
cific and Europeia.
(d) The signatories will not invoke another international agreement to refrain from complying with their mutual obligations under this Treaty.

-------------------
Vote;
(1) AYE or FOR, if you are in favor of the amendments,
(2) NAY or AGAINST, if you're against,
(3) ABSTAIN or PRESENT, if you feel that you can't reach a decision in good conscience.

You must state your World Assembly (WA) nation at the time of your vote with the following two exceptions:

(1) If you do not have a WA nation, then you must make a statement to that effect.

(2) If your WA nation is on assignment with the Eastern Pacific Sovereign Army, then you must make a statement to that effect.
----------------------------------
Eligible Voters:
Asendavia - Provost
Atlae
Bachtendekuppen
Brotherlandprez1
Celannica
Drachen
Dvorak - Deputy Provost
Dylan
Elfine
Izon
King Rico
La Navasse
Mecovy
The Oan Isles
Rogueparagon
Saradania0914
Scardino
Severisen
Strat
Tim
Tretrid
Trukya
Tyrone Freeman
Todd McCloud
Vultuca
Zukchiva
The Flags of My Nations:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
My Nations:
Asendavia
Kaeliv
Kostoria-Obertonia
Talusi
Hausberg
Aseveth
Random Banners:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

Asendavia
Member Avatar
Official FPA Recruiter
TEP: Asendavia
WA: Asendavia

AYE
The Flags of My Nations:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
My Nations:
Asendavia
Kaeliv
Kostoria-Obertonia
Talusi
Hausberg
Aseveth
Random Banners:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

Drachen
Member Avatar
Yare yare dawa...
The East Pacific: [nation]Verdrassil[/nation]
World Assembly: [nation]Verdrassil[/nation]

The Exalted Sylvan Realm votes AYE.
Badges

Actual Dragon
Posted Image

Loli Protector
Posted Image

Marine Biologist
Posted Image

Queen of the Fairies
Posted Image

Yuri Enthusiast
Posted Image
Shan'alah bandu ni Verdrassil

Posted Image

"Fal andu'balah nei il'amare."
"Through love, the nation is preserved."
- Lady Al'Ameth
Posted Image
Roles

Vizier
Posted Image

Minister of Culture
Posted Image

Provost of the Magisterium
Posted Image

Pollster
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fedele
Member Avatar
Kilroy was here
TEP/WA: FEDELE

AYE
Don't take my word for it, see what others have said!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Saradania0914
Member Avatar
You got blood on my Suit.
TEP: Saradania
WA: Saradania

AYE
"Call me Saradania. But never 'Sara'."

"You want caek? Then spell it right! C-A-E-K!"

"Whatever happens, Kushina will always be 'Tomato' to me."

"Say hello to the cops on patrol, Say hello to the ones in control."

-"Say Goodbye" by Green Day

Former Chief Ambassador

Former Magister

Former EPPS Patrolwoman

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Izon
Member Avatar
Charles Atlas Seal of Approval
TEP/WA : Izonno

AYE
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tim
Member Avatar
Salt King
TEP: Eastern Tim-Opolis
WA: EPSA

Abstain
Edited by Tim, Apr 16 2018, 09:48:05 AM.
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

Rogueparagon
Member Avatar
Lord of the Idiots
WA/TEP: Free Syllvin

ABSTAIN

NSWiki: Free Syllvin on NsWiki
Nationstates: Free Syllvin on Nationstates
Embassy: Embassy of Free Syllvin
Map Rules: Cartographer's Guide

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

Bachtendekuppen
Member Avatar
The Puffin
[nation]Bachtendekuppen[/nation] votes NAY.
Posted Image
Bach for TEP

Main Nation

Motto

"No matter how hard your day, no matter how tough your choices, how complex your ethical decisions, you always get to choose what you want for lunch." - Denny Crane
Offline Profile Goto Top

Zukchiva
Member Avatar
Why are we here?
TEP/WA ZUKCHIVA

AYE
Posted Image
I salute the East. For we are the Best.
We are strong.

Signiture
Offline Profile Goto Top

La Navasse
Member Avatar
TEP/WA: La Navasse

Present.
Edited by La Navasse, Apr 16 2018, 06:59:52 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Trukya
Member Avatar
Kilroy was here
TEP: PeoplesRepublicOfTrukya
WA: PeoplesRepublicOfTrukya

Aye
I was gonna put the B emoji here but it didn't work

My favourite words that start with u are as follows, Uruguay, Umbrella, Uast Uacific
Offline Profile Goto Top

Klondike
No Avatar
I <3 TEP
TEP: Vultuca
WA: Vultuca

Abstain

Can i get PHD in Art?
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Strat
Member Avatar
The Fluffy Horde
Strat (WA/TEP: [nation]Stratarin[/nation]) votes FOR.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Brotherlandprez1
Member Avatar
Kilroy was here
Brotherlandprez1 (WA/TEP: [nation]Brotherland[/nation]) votes AYE.
The Republic of Brotherland
Posted Image
-Founded: April 5, 2013
-Citizen of TEP since: October 17, 2016
-Magister since: December 11, 2016

Offline Profile Goto Top

Tyrone Freeman
Member Avatar
TEP/WA: Junkyard America

Aye, baby!
You don't want none of Ghost, baby!
You don't want none of Ghost, baby!
Well, look who it is, the man they call Ghost,
the host with the most and I don't mean to brag or boast,
people hating cause' I talk about the president,
the fruity liberals and the illegal mexicans,
they all say Ghost is a dangerous man, cuz' I speak the politics that they don't understand
truth and service to the heart just to let em' know
Capitalism to the soul to the bullet hole
I've livin' rich sittin fat but I want mo'
I'm livin' lavish and I ain't got no time fo' the po'.
I'm like Rob Hobbesian
Theopolitics books all Leviathan
I'm not cold, I'm a humanitarian, wanna see human progress till' the very end.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Atlae
Member Avatar
Whaddya mean, there's no caek delivery down here?
TEP: The Atlae Isles
WA: The Atlae Isles

Aye
"Gloria in Terra"

"The pronunciation of "Atlae" is /ętleɪ/. Don't you forget it." AND NOT ALTAE

Maintainer of the "game streak," or posting on the whole first page of the game room.

It's dark and lonely down here in TEP's server.
All these banners
TEP Positions
Other Positions
Offline Profile Goto Top

Drachen
Member Avatar
Yare yare dawa...
Voting has concluded!

The results are as follows:

Eligible Magisters: [23]
Total Votes: [14] (2 discounted)
Quorum: Met

Results:
==| Aye: [11] (~91.67%)
==| Nay: [1] (~8.33%)

Abstentions: Tim, Rogueparagon
Absentees: Celannica, Dvorak, Dylan, Elfine, King Rico, Mecovy, The Oan Isles, Tretrid, Todd McCloud

A majority of votes (~91.67%) are in favor. Quorum has been met, and thus the resolution is passed.

The Magisterium approves the changes to the Treaty of Klunvorden.
Badges

Actual Dragon
Posted Image

Loli Protector
Posted Image

Marine Biologist
Posted Image

Queen of the Fairies
Posted Image

Yuri Enthusiast
Posted Image
Shan'alah bandu ni Verdrassil

Posted Image

"Fal andu'balah nei il'amare."
"Through love, the nation is preserved."
- Lady Al'Ameth
Posted Image
Roles

Vizier
Posted Image

Minister of Culture
Posted Image

Provost of the Magisterium
Posted Image

Pollster
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · Magisterium Voting Hall · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Infinite is a customized version of Simple ZB created by Protego of Outline & Zetaboards Theme Zone
Icons by Paomedia and hosted by imgur

© The East Pacific 2003-2018