Out of Character

Government
Executive Offices
Delegate: Yuno
Magisterium
Provost: Drachen
Conclave
Viceroy: Aelitia

Welcome to The East Pacific. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you may register an account here!

I'm registered. Where do I start?
When you sign up on our forums, your account may be limited to certain forums, and unable to make requests in our roleplay section. We recommend that you Apply for Citizenship to gain all the benefits of being part of our roleplay community!

Username:   Password:
Multiquote ON Multiquote off
Add Reply
Ruseniyan Rise; Influence a new nation!
Topic Started: Jul 18 2018, 03:14:08 PM (365 Views)
Ruseniyan President
Member Avatar
Face Plant!
Welcome! You are an ambassador from another country, n'est pas?..
Have your seat then, the servant will bring you some tea.

Let us explain the situation...
Ruseniya is a new coutry in The East Pacific, as you know...Yu... no...
Anyway!
There are so many ideas among Ruseniyan Parliament (or "Verkhovni Soviet"), how to organise our Foreign Policy! And we understand that our neighbors will be highly interested in cooperation with us, but the wrong cource in foreign affairs can ruin even the warmest relationship between two countries, that's because you are here, comrade ambassador.

With only one word you can help Ruseniya to choose the "right way" among various political ideas.

There are also some... specific "rules" here.
The Political Ideas and their complexes are represented via "focus tree", and it is as follows:
The people who created it probably have hearts of iron in their chests...

Each week Ruseniya should choose a new national focus.
A national focus can be supported by another nation, giving it 1 "support point". Each nation can use 1 support point before a focus will be chosen on tge weekend, after that a nation can use its "point" one more time to
support another one.
Ruseniyan Parliament can support a focus with a "point" only when the first focus will be chosen from a focus tree.
On the weekend Ruseniyan President announces the focus, that gathered more support points than others, as "passed". If there are two or more focuses with same amount of "points", then Ruseniyan Parliament can choose one focus according to its preferences.
Only the focuses, that are accessible this week, will be described in posts by Ruseniyan President , but if a nation wants to clarify the outcomes of specific focus, they can try to spy the information about it. Each nation can send a spy in Ruseniya to collect data about any, but only one, focus from the tree only one time in a week. The collected data will be received by a nation trough Personal Messenger.

The focuses will affect the "economical treaties" that Ruseniya will sign with nations, the ways Ruseniya will behave on international arena, and, in some cases, the nations that have signed an "economical treaty" with Ruseniya.
An "economical treaty":
1.Increases GDP of the nation that signed it.
2.Also increases GDP of Ruseniya

And in case an "economical treaty" will be denounced by any side:
3.GDP of the signed nation will decrease
4.GDP of Ruseniya will also decrease.

Each of the four above mentioned outcomes are separate values, and can be affected by focuses that will be chosen by Ruseniyan President /other nations.

The information about accessible focuses, also about passed focuses, the current values for GDP increase and decrease will be provided via post(s).

Thank you again, comrade ambassador, we are happy to have you!

Current situation:

Internationalism focus passed!
Link

(OOC: I suggest, that all values in USD will be presented in RP- part of the nations' posts in its national currency)
Edited by Ruseniyan President, Jul 22 2018, 01:56:15 AM.
[nation]Ruseniya[/nation] - if anyone is curious

Idealogical and other important information about The People's Republic of Ruseniya
Anthem:
Long live our Motherland

My all time favorite gif

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Furnifold
Member Avatar
DO NOT WANT!!!!!!
Each month, several dry bulk carriers make the harrowing journey from the port of Hafre, Furnifold, to the nation of Free Syllvin. It involves several hundred kilometers of open waters and undeveloped coastline before arriving in the most developed nation in eastern Gondwana. Once the carriers drop their agricultural cargo off they just... leave. There is no returning cargo, no extra stops, nothing. It's a two-way trip. The entire Gondwanan continent is ripe for the trading, and there is just nothing else.

"It's really a waste of resources," several agribusiness big wigs remarked to each other during their annual meeting, the type of stuff discussed there that would make any conspiracy theorist lose their head if it were without the tinfoil hat. "Is there nothing else on that side of Gondwana we can work with?" The question was rhetorical more than anything. Many of the nations on the east Gondwanan coast were unstable, didn't do business with 'business,' or declined to respond to offers. It was really quite frustrating.

"So, what can we do? Focus on the Yasteria market, continue utilizing Tivot and work our way into the Acturia market? Ask Kuthernburg to buy up all our grain, like last time?"

One big wig jokingly replied to the one who said that, "To your last point, save that for when our profits are lower than projected. We don't know how many times we can get that 'sob story' to work."

"But... have we tried moving farther south? You know, I don't remember much interaction between Magistrate d'Arrigo and the nation of Ruseniya during the May Days of Trades. We could give them a shot?"

One of the agribusiness big wigs, a portly man eating a bag of cheese puffs, the self-described 'King of Corn,' thought about it, and nodded. "Yeah, let's send them some sort of offer. I'll have someone call up Jackson Woolf and the Foreign Affairs office to sweeten the deal, perhaps with high fructose corn syrup," the 'King of Corn' said, then chortled at his joke. "Hopefully that nation is not like an ultra-nationalist nation; these countries trying to keep all their resources to themselves are going to drain themselves dry, and their protectionism hurts our bottom line too." The rest of the agribusiness big wigs of Furnifold 'hmmed' and nodded, in agreement over the proposed plan of action. The 'King of Corn' closed out the meeting with a command to his waiting underling, loud enough to garner a full-bellied laugh out of the full conference of power players in Furnifold's agricultural market.

"Call up Jackson Woolf, and tell him our plan. Since he likes giving his policies military names, tell him that we're calling this one Operation WANA BE FREE"

(Hopefully I did this right... Furnifold would like to support a national focus of Internationalism)
"Impress your friends in your obscure knowledge! Read the Real-Life Factbook of Furnifold!

View the Royal Republic of Furnifold's Website here

Full Factbook of Furnifold
Forum Factbook
I lasted 4.5 hours in nuclear apocalypse, my people have become irradiated, but I got this ballin' ribbon!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"I wanna hang a map of the world in my house. Then I'm gonna put pins into all the locations that I've traveled to. But first, I'm gonna have to travel to the top two corners of the map so it won't fall down."
-Mitch Hedberg

Ruseniyan President
Member Avatar
Face Plant!
Furnifold
Jul 18 2018, 08:13:35 PM
Each month, several dry bulk carriers make the harrowing journey from the port of Hafre, Furnifold, to the nation of Free Syllvin. It involves several hundred kilometers of open waters and undeveloped coastline before arriving in the most developed nation in eastern Gondwana. Once the carriers drop their agricultural cargo off they just... leave. There is no returning cargo, no extra stops, nothing. It's a two-way trip. The entire Gondwanan continent is ripe for the trading, and there is just nothing else.

"It's really a waste of resources," several agribusiness big wigs remarked to each other during their annual meeting, the type of stuff discussed there that would make any conspiracy theorist lose their head if it were without the tinfoil hat. "Is there nothing else on that side of Gondwana we can work with?" The question was rhetorical more than anything. Many of the nations on the east Gondwanan coast were unstable, didn't do business with 'business,' or declined to respond to offers. It was really quite frustrating.

"So, what can we do? Focus on the Yasteria market, continue utilizing Tivot and work our way into the Acturia market? Ask Kuthernburg to buy up all our grain, like last time?"

One big wig jokingly replied to the one who said that, "To your last point, save that for when our profits are lower than projected. We don't know how many times we can get that 'sob story' to work."

"But... have we tried moving farther south? You know, I don't remember much interaction between Magistrate d'Arrigo and the nation of Ruseniya during the May Days of Trades. We could give them a shot?"

One of the agribusiness big wigs, a portly man eating a bag of cheese puffs, the self-described 'King of Corn,' thought about it, and nodded. "Yeah, let's send them some sort of offer. I'll have someone call up Jackson Woolf and the Foreign Affairs office to sweeten the deal, perhaps with high fructose corn syrup," the 'King of Corn' said, then chortled at his joke. "Hopefully that nation is not like an ultra-nationalist nation; these countries trying to keep all their resources to themselves are going to drain themselves dry, and their protectionism hurts our bottom line too." The rest of the agribusiness big wigs of Furnifold 'hmmed' and nodded, in agreement over the proposed plan of action. The 'King of Corn' closed out the meeting with a command to his waiting underling, loud enough to garner a full-bellied laugh out of the full conference of power players in Furnifold's agricultural market.

"Call up Jackson Woolf, and tell him our plan. Since he likes giving his policies military names, tell him that we're calling this one Operation WANA BE FREE"

(Hopefully I did this right... Furnifold would like to support a national focus of Internationalism)
- So, how will we answer?

Two men in blue suits sit on a sofa. One of them, blonde and thin, seems pretty nervous.

- I think our agricultural sector will get large profits if we will agree with that. - says his colleague quietly.

The other man, a little bit portly and black-haired, seems to be content. His lips glitter under the lamps' yellowish light.
He closes his eyes, with a big smile appearing on his face.

- Damn, this syrup was great, wasn't it, Daniel?
- I have diabetes, Nikonor! - whispers Daniel.
- Oh, sorry pal.
- Corn... Why do we need corn??! We already have wheat!
- And how much food types you can produce out of your wheat?

The thin man stands and starts to walk in circles. The room is pretty small, decorated with old furniture and big curtains, leaving a small place for moving around.

-This is not about food, it's about our profits, Nik! We have resources such as iron, aluminium, other metals, even oil! And what will we get for it? CORN, NIKONOR! Funkin' corn...
- Dan, calm down. I understand that we have much more valuable resources than them, but we alway can always insist on bigger amount of import in exchange for them.

The blonde stops for a while, looking at the wooden door that leads to the guest room, where Furnifoldian delegation eats their lunch and discusses ruseniyan culture with Ann Motskavitchus - young Cultural Advisor from Ruseniyan Diplomatic Agency, and his beloved wife.

- A barrel for a ton of corn, that's what these bastards deserve - whispers he nervously.
- Dont be so silly, my dear. Let them have a chance - we should start with 200 kilos per barrel, if they want namely oil, and slowly descend to 120, or at very least to 90 kilos per barrel.
- And if they will agree, we will decrease the prices trough time, i know it, Nik. Corn, damn it...
- You are so angry because your wife is with the delegation for now, and not with you.

Thin Daniel turns red at that moment.

-YES, Nik! - whispers he angrily,- They are fat, rude and... and...
-They are businesmen.
-RIGHT!BUSINESMEN! Capitalists, billioners, foreigners!..
- Now, shut up you mouth for a second.

The black haired man stands up, and looks in Daniels' eyes. The smile dissapears from his round face.

- You will behave as a good diplomat. You will be smiling, cheerfull and do any sh* for them while they are here, in our country.

He speaks quitly, but his voice is so hard and full of some ancient power, that the true leaders always had, that Daniel becomes silent.

- I know you and your followers dislike the foreigners, and see them somewhat immoral and corrupt. But we are not the crowd, right, Daniel?

Daniel nods, with his face still being red.

- So, lets go free your wife and sign some economical treaties, my friend,- says Nikonor, and pats Daniel on the shoulder. Both diplomats enter the guest room, ready for real deal

Two hours later

An economical treaty is proposed for signing to Furnifold
Posted Image
Increase of Furnifoldian GDP: 2000000 USD
Increase of Ruseniyan GDP: 2000000 USD

And in case the treaty will be signed and one of the signed nations will denounce it, the both sides will suffer a loss of profit.
Posted Image
Decrease of Ruseniyan GDP: 2000000 USD
Decrease in Furnifoldian GDP: 2000000 USD
The mentioned values will apply to any other economical treaties that Ruseniya will sign with any nation.

About accessible focuses

Internationalism
It is time for us to open the our doors for international community! We will cooperate with other nations, selling the resources we have, but do not need, an getting resources our people need! And no, it's not capitalism, as you might think, there is no profit for us politics in that.

Profit from economical treaties for both sides will be increased to 2500000 USD
Losses from the treaty denouncement will increase to 2500000 USD
Ruseniya will be interested in any international cooperation.

Nationalism
In any International treaties Ruseniyan people and People's Republic of Ruseniya must be in profit. In some cases this position will be risky, but we all know our call: Ruseniyan People First!

Profit from economical treaties will increase
For Ruseniya: up to 2400000 USD
For other nations: up to 2500000 USD
Losses from the treaty denouncement will increase
For Ruseniya: up to 2400000 USD
For other nations: up to 2600000 USD
Ruseniya will impose a decreased opinion on nations that haven't yet signed any treaties with her.

Idealogical and other important information about The People's Republic of Ruseniya
Anthem:
Long live our Motherland

My all time favorite gif

Jacknotch
Member Avatar
Citizen
(OOC: this is in support of Internationalism)
Eidenburgh, Xagrurg
As the dockyards are bustling with activity, filled with workers loading and offloading materials and equipment from cargo ships and the train station nearby, 7 men in 3-piece tailored suits are discussing their business strategies and plans for the year. “So, my cargo vessels are heading to Arcturia, particularly Assowolf and the former SCE colonies there, seeing that tech is in high demand in the region along with food as Lokania, that’s the nation I believe has the unfortunate circumstance of having poor terrain limiting its agricultural productivity,” says one of the businessmen.

"Poor sods, should've declared independence earlier from the Morst so Xagrurg could roll right," jokes one of the businessmen who smokesa cigar.

The head of the group proceeds to clear his throat and then speaks. “According to my sources in the UNAC administration in Aurora, there is about to be massive infrastructure projects going to happen in the near future in the continent, so I proceeded to prepare for it by searching around for cheap materials and minerals to be used in construction. Apparently, the nation of Ruseniya over in Gondwana -I know that’s not how it’s pronounced so you all better not correct me -has recently opened their country up to the rest of the world. If the Xagrurgian government can secure an economical treaty with them, we’ll be able to access a treasure-trove of cheap, relatively untouched reserve of minerals ripe for use. Of course there’s the drawback of them being fiercely anti-capitalist but with time and exposure to the rest of the world, they’ll eventually get ‘hooked’ on the modern conveniences of this age and they’ll be forced to rely on the outside world to play catch-up.”

The rest of the group nods in agreement with the leader’s idea of getting the Xagrurgian government to sign an economical treaty with the nation of Ruseniya.

“Plus both of our nations will benefit from the exchange. We’ll sell them up-to-date heavy machinery for their industries along with medicines and possibly firearms if negotiations go extremely well and in return, Xagrurg gets cheap-ish construction materials for their own uses and boost their own GDP,” he added.

After the meeting concludes, the leader of the businessmen proceeds to make a phone call to his friends at the Xagrurgian Foreign Ministry, convincing them of the benefits of the economical treaty and presents the same reasons to them. After several hours of deliberation, the Xagrurgian Foreign Ministry, with President James Deref’s approval, dispatches a diplomatic delegation to the nation of Ruseniya to negotiate the treaty with a gift in hand being a well-aged expensive wine bottle in an effort to improve the chances of the treaty going well.
Edited by Jacknotch, Jul 20 2018, 11:55:11 AM.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Zukchiva
Member Avatar
Why are we here?
"A... a treaty?"

"Yes, a treaty."

Zoyral Seveni looked at Goyral Seveni. "And why would we want a treaty with a nation we just met?" Goyral sighed. "It is am economic treaty sir. We need to boost our economy. The riots recently have decreases our GDP by around 5 million, and it may go as low to 10 million. It will take time to repair the damage, but this treaty can help us fix it in the long run faster than we could ourselves.."

Zoyral raised an eyebrow. "We can try for it then. Get a vote to the House and see if they are willing to agree."

After ferocious fighting, filibustering, and angry stares, the House of Representatives voted in a 67% majority for the treaty occuring. Zoyral Seveni quickly gave his authority and allowance to go to Ruseniya, and make a treaty.

Arnit Akata is now on a plane and heading to Ruseniya. Along with her she brings a knife made from a highly reowned local forge, in hopes of giving the gift as a souvenir and helping the treaty process along.

(I support Internationalism)
Edited by Zukchiva, Jul 21 2018, 08:44:29 AM.
Posted Image
I salute the East. For we are the Best.
We are strong.

Signiture

Ruseniyan President
Member Avatar
Face Plant!
- But we just did great work! We have signed treaties with Xagrurg, and Zukchiva, and zukchivan ambassador was pleased to work with my team, read the newspapers!
- We should do it.
- But what about our resources? Our people?! National Security?!!
- The voting ended, mister Motskavitchus, and 72% of the Soviet decided to ecourage the international cooperation. While your aggressive speeches are too dangerous for our future foreign affairs, we urge you to find another candidate for your post, or State Duma find it on its own...

Dabiel Motskavithus, now only former diplomat, walked outside the Parliament and headed to Kumokna square, where he always liked to sit under the statue of the Worker and Peasant Woman.
After some time sitting in the cool shadow casted by the statue, he lit a cigarette.

- Well, we are now open for any imperialists who want to make an iron mine out of our country. Good work, Daniel, yeah, sure. All is lost.
- There's always another option.

Daniel jumped up, being a little bit scaried, and turned around: a man in yellow suit appeared behind him. Daniel knew exactly, who this man is.

- C... c... comrade President???
- Just Dima, please.

Dimitri Levin looked exhausted. He came closer and sat on the parapet of the statue: "i did not want to interrupt you, sorry for that".
Motskavitchus sat nearby.

- Parliament wants you to leave, isn't it?
- How did you know?
- Its almost noon. And you are a hard worker, so, something bad hapoened. It's simple.
- Deduction, comrade President?
- Please, stop calling me like that! I am a human too, you know, not a machine that can carry on with all those manners, "neutral behavior" and so on.
- My apologies com... Di... mitri...
- Thank you.

They sat silent for a moment. Then Dimitri asked Daniel:
- Do you want to join our party?
Daniel looked at him with a surprise. He tried to join SDP many times, but never succeded, thats why he started the patriotic "Ruseniyan Cause" movement that always confronted socialists. But he always thought that if he would stay a fierce patriot for some time, someone will try to accuse him in being a neo-nazi, like Velikovy and he will become hero fighting the sistem in the eyes of the citizens...
But everything turned out anotger way.
- Daniel, this will be only for make the Parlianent feel better about you. A formal " change in behaviour".
- I do not want to abolish my patriotism. I love my country and you know that.
- That's why we need you, Dan. Let me explain...

Time for Sunday National Focus Annoucement!

Internationalism focus passed!

It is time for us to open the our doors for international community! We will cooperate with other nations, selling the resources we have, but do not need, an getting resources our people need! And no, it's not capitalism, as you might think, there is no profit for us politics in that.

Profit from economical treaties for both sides increased to 2500000 USD
Losses from the treaty denouncement increased to 2500000 USD
Ruseniya is interested in any international cooperation.

About accessible focuses
Only One of the Many
No, dear ambassador. We have almost no mining industry in our country.
What? Yes! We always wanted to be subsidized by another country! Immediately!
- Gaben Mormanneen

Profit from economical treaties for Ruseniya will be increased to 5500000 USD
Profit from economical treaties for other countries will be increased to 3000000 USD
Losses from the treaty denouncement for Ruseniya will be increased to 4500000 USD
Losses from the treaty denouncement for other nations will be increased to 3500000 USD
Ruseniya will become hooked on subsidies.

Our Initiative
We will construct everything on our own! That way our economical treaties will be more profitable for you, and you will not loose any money you have. We just need some more time, let us do all the work. Besides, we are the "Workers Folk".
- Daniel Motskavitchus

Profit from economical treaties for Ruseniya will be increased to 3200000 USD
Profit from economical treaties for other countries will be increased to 6100000 USD
Losses from the treaty denouncement for Ruseniya will increase to 6100000USD
Losses from the treaty denouncement for other countries will increase to 3000000 USD
Ruseniya will try to raise it's industry to sell it's resources to the partners on its own.

Neutrality
Let us just minimize the risks, colleagues...
- Klaudia Karutiva

Profit from economical treaties for Ruseniya will be increased to 3700000 USD
Profit from economical treaties for other countries will be increased to 3700000 USD
Losses from the treaty denouncement for Ruseniya will increase to 3700000 USD
Losses from the treaty denouncement for other countries will increase to 3700000 USD
Ruseniya will minimize the risks of loosing money and resources.

Edited by Ruseniyan President, Jul 22 2018, 01:49:16 AM.

Anthem:
Long live our Motherland

My all time favorite gif

Jacknotch
Member Avatar
Citizen
(OOC: This is in support of Our Initiative)
The leader of the group of businessmen (see my previous post to this one) was headed to his office in one of the skyscrapers of Eidenburgh, chauffeured in his luxury car. While he waited in traffic to get to his office, he proceeded to pull out his smartphone and read the recent news from Ruseniya to see if anything happened with the recent economic treaties. He was extremely pleased to see an official statement from the Ruseniyan press that the government has officially supported foreign nations participating in their economy. “Nice, Phase 1 of the plan has started on a good footnote, now we just need to get them to get hooked on the foreign investment.” He quickly switched to the phone app and called his friends again in Heavy Metal and the Xagrurgian Foreign Ministry to further increase investment into Ruseniya and possibly offer technical and scientific assistance to sweeten the deal. Unfortunately, he proceeded to face some resistance.

“I’ll need some assurance that this will benefit Xagrurg in the long run and won’t blow up in my face a week later. I need solid proof that this is worth the funds since we’re in a bit of a tight spot,” said his contact in the Xagrurgian Foreign Ministry.
“Like I said to you earlier yesterday, this WILL benefit Xagrurg in the long-term. Ever heard of soft-power projection? Xagrurg can use their political and economic clout in Ruseniya in the future to further increase their influence in Ruseniya if we improve our opinion with them by providing them with financial aid and investment. I have several investors and myself that are going to fund future Xagrurgian economic projects in Ruseniya, reducing the amount of funds you’ll need to offcially commit into the venture. This will improve Xagrurg’s diplomatic standing on the international stage so that it won’t portray us as imperialsits, instead as a nation who wishes to help a nation grow. All we need is the government’s backing.
His contact bit his lip and then replied, “Fine, you better be right.”
“I own a sizeable portion of Heavy Metal’s stocks for a reason you know, and it’s not for being a screw-up,” he replied. “I’ll transfer the required funds to the treasury so you can implement the treaty.”

A couple hours later...
A letter drafted by Xagrurg’s Foreign Minister, John Smith, is sent to the Ruseniyan government, stating:

“Salutations to whomever may receive this letter;

The Xagrurgian government and its people are highly intrigued by your nation’s culture and geography, and we wish to explore it further with another deal:

-In exchange for Xagrurg sending technical advisors and surveying platoons from the Minerals Extraction Agency to assist in the prospecting and extraction of resource-rich areas to enrich both of your nation’s and my nation’s economies, a sizeable amount of investment of 2.5 billion Kiribs as part of a financial aid package to your nation to be sent to support industries and businesses of your government’s choice, and a certain share of profits from Xagrurgian enterprise operations in Rusenyia to be granted to your nation for the next year, the percentage of which can be determined to your liking,
-We politely request the People’s Republic of Ruseniya allow Xagrurgian enterprises in Ruseniya to request a relaxing of tarrifs of their imports/exports through your great nation. It would only serve to fuel future financial growth in your nation as we would be able to process both of our people’s minerals and materials more efficiently and export them at a higher price than compared to normal.

If you find this unsatisfactory, please contact me immediately in the Xagrurgian Foriegn Ministry so we can negotiate the terms to both of our likings.”
Edited by Jacknotch, Jul 24 2018, 06:01:10 AM.

Rogueparagon
Member Avatar
Lord of the Idiots
Free Syllvin supports a Ruseniya that stands on its own merits. We will back Our Initiative.

“This cannot be allowed to continue.”

The walls of the small conference room reflected the grimy, grey mood of its occupants, what little sunlight that filtered through the lattice shell of the Hall of Sorrows doing nothing to make the scene appear friendlier. Darius Lourne, grim-faced and pallid-cheeked, looked back from his spot at the window to his colleagues around the table.

Newly-minted Mikel Hinnes, careful to the point of cowardice. Public darling Petre DiDelusto, loving only his country more than his appearance. Logician Namani Lecrex, colder than the Atlae Isles. Confidence man Jemsor Deppicus, opportunistic as a shark and a grin to match. Grandatherly Muldo Megon, expansive in mind, checkbook, and waistline.

One would think this was a gathering of criminals, not some of the highest-ranking politicians in the nation.

“Although it is proven we can achieve great profits in overseas markets, opportunities closer to home are not as open,” weasels Deppicus, steepling his fingers over the polished Annuen oak.
“In order to simultaneously bring together vulnerable nations and ensure that Syllvan interests continue to benefit, we will likely lose significant dividends in the short term.” DiDelusto grimaces and Megon grumbles, while Lourne settles back into his chair across from the others.

“Lecrex? You have the numbers, I trust?” The squat woman refrains from replying for several moments, attention fixed on the spreadsheets and calculator in front of her. She marks one table several times with her pencil and jabs a string of commands into her device before looking up, eyes stony.

“The proposed initiative will cost between seven billion rounded down and thirteen billion rounded down. Negligible within four years, true, but taxpayers will notice. I recommend slashing our peacekeeping donations in half and pushing for more military bids.” Another round of discontented noise. The gathered Councilors leered at each other for a few moments, before Megon cleared his throat. Attention fixated upon the portly man, Lourne gestured for him to proceed.

“Councilors,” burbled the aged Farwe, “It is clear that we must expand our sphere of influence if we are to maintain the security of our land and the surrounding areas. But we must, of course, tread carefully. Perhaps in addition to this ‘spear’ we can expand our filial relations with already-entreated nations…” Sausage-sized fingers rub a cantaloupe-sized chin, and the cinnamon-whiskey scent fills the air again as Megon resumes his thought.

“Reciprocate nations such as Furnifold and Stratarin...those that have traded with us for some time, those that are within a certain sphere. We have no use for hard power projection, and no legal recourse if we try. Kalan with never agree to send her precious windup soldiers to intimidate someone else.” A curt quiet settles as he concludes. Lourne slowly lets his eyes drift to the other Councilors as they digest what the mining magnate suggested. Hinnes kept his attention fixated on the table in front of him, likely trying to think of all the ways such an idea would harm his position. Typical rat, but he was the one with the connections. Lecrex was back to her maths and her graphs, while DiDelusto and Deppicus exchanged unspoken words with a glance. The CEO of Dirt Cheap, LLC started, fishing his phone out of his jacket pocket as it began to beep. His trademark sharky grin appeared almost immediately.

“I’ve got us a nice pot of funds to go through soon enough. I’d say a clean 1.6 billion, maybe 1.4. Got an interested party on some of our last Axis ships, I’ll let you know how it turns out.” Lourne simply nodded, then tapped the table to return the rooms attention to his corner.

“It is imperative that we take this opportunity now, before more of our neighbors are ensnared. We must secure shipping, we must secure sovereignty, and we must secure the intellectual property of our Gondwanan cousins. Start in the south and work our way up. Ignore the GCC and their ilk, they are too far invested in Kuthern propaganda.” The black-suited man took a small sip from the glass of water next to him before continuing.

“For too long we have allowed the foreign imperialist free reign of our continent while we sit at the crossroads of this coast, unconcerned with the enroaching powers that spread their poison across this planet. Free Syllvin will no longer lie content while others feast on the juvenile economies of the nations around us. I leave this reciprocal plan in your hands, Deppicus. Megon, Lecrex,” - both sat up straighter as their names were mentioned - ”coordinate with him. Ensure we treat our foreign friends equitably.”

“Hinnes,” - the man in question opened his mouth, but failed to speak before he was overruled - “wait for a solid plan out of those three before you make any definite overtures. We can’t take action without a clear line of attack. For now, focus on pushing forwards 'spear.'”

“DiDelusto,” - the flamoyantly-dressed man was too preoccupied with filing his nails to look at his associate - “ready some of your Surveyors, have them coordinate with the EDF’s engineering department. Strictly under Kalan’s nose. They’re to prepare for work abroad, details will be forwarded.”

The venerable Councilor on Foreign Associations stood, the others standing shortly after. No further words needed to be said. Everyone had the information and directions needed. Files gathered, blinds closed, chairs pushed in, and fifteen seconds after, the sad little room in the corner of the Syllvan capitol sat abandoned once more.

'...And furthermore, we extend the People's Republic the opportunity to have several detachments of Surveyor Corps units and an Engineering platoon from the Department of Resource Exploitation to travel your nation and find untapped natural resource potential. Such an agreement will benefit both of our nations, as you discover deposits of resources and can consult with our Engineers on how to apply them to your economic model, and we can give our international outreach and surveyor personnel valuable experience, as well as, potentially, a small commission for each resource found. I'm sure we will be able to work on the details as these negotiations wear on, but it is in our most sincere interest to examine our relationship as equals, and not that of benefactor and subservient. After all, a nation's pride and strength are its most attractive qualities, no matter how profitable it may be to exploit them...'

NSWiki: Free Syllvin on NsWiki
Nationstates: Free Syllvin on Nationstates
Embassy: Embassy of Free Syllvin
Map Rules: Cartographer's Guide

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Zukchiva
Member Avatar
Why are we here?
"Uh... sir."

"Yes?"

"It seems that the Ruseniyans could receive help from Zukchiva in developing."

Zoyral laughs a little. "Goryal, we need help to develop our nation. How can we help another nation who is in the exact situation as ours?"

Goryal smiles. "Either that, or we can watch as they are forced to develop into a nation that just helps others and becomes a resource mine. Or we can help them work towards developing the way they want. Without foreign interferance."

Zoyral sighs. "But aren't we then interfering with the nation?"

"As equals. We have always seen ourselves as equal with any other nation. That trend will and shall not fail with Ruseniya. We will make sure of it."

"Alright, I'll trust you. After all, you are my Minister. You know what you're doing..."

The speech paper of what the ambassador from Zukchiva will say to Ruseniyan diplomats.

Greetings.

Today, I wish to say that Zukchiva would like to enter into more negotiations in our economic treaty. Since the beginning of our existence as a United republic, we have seen other nations as equal, but not needing our help. However, your nation is new and beginning to work towards development, the same goal Zukchiva has had for some time. We wish to cooperate together and help each other to develop our economies and our citizens' livelihoods. So that we develop the way we want to, without losing the ability to decide for ourselves. We hope you agree to this goal and accept continuing negotiations on the treaty to include co-cooperation in developing alongside each other, not as master and slave, but as equal partners. Thank you.

End.

OOC: This is in support of Our Initiative.
Edited by Zukchiva, Jul 24 2018, 03:24:29 AM.
Posted Image
We are strong.

Signiture

Ruseniyan President
Member Avatar
Face Plant!
The debate in the State People's Soviet continued for quite some time. beginning in the morning of Friday, the end of it was laid only at 5:30 pm on Sunday.

Daniel was sitting at Dimitri's office, waiting fir his new ally to appear in the room and discuss a major win for SDP in the Parliament. A guard was watching at Motskavitchus, as if saying: "I see right through you. Don't do anything stupid here, and you will be alive".

"Ooof, this is unpleasant. Why should the guards be so creepy?!" - thought Daniel.

Finally, Dimitri Levin, grin on his face, entered his office.
- OH. MY. GOSH!!! I'm so happy! Boris, are you happy? - he hugged the guard.
A double sigh came through the room: looks like the others are not so happy as Ruseniyan President .
- Boris, please go check the corridor, here i will be completely safe.

As Boris the guard quit the President's office, Dimitri hugged Daniel.

- Isn't it incredible? A real show! A fight! Their old and grumpy faces were red when they could not say anything that makes sence in their defence!
- Comrade President, you look like a child that just came from the cinema.
He really looked like that.
- Yes Dan, I am SOOO childish now, - he laughed, - I never saw something like that namely there, in State Soviet.
- This is a scandal...
- This is a true miracle for news agencies!
Now it was Motskavitchus who smirked: yeah, what a loss of reputation for one of most potent parties in State Soviet, Ruseniyan Parliament.
But wait. It is also a loss of reputation for Social-Democratic Party.

The smirk disappeared from his face.

- It is a miracle that Liberal Party mostly supports the idea of "self-development". Only that, and Mizulina's speach helped us.
- Well, yeah, true. But let's focus on other things for now. We joined SPEAR the other day, and we shall think, how we could improve our relations and our position in this organisation. And also, how to make it beneficial to our people.
- Yes, comra~
- Oh please, Dan, we are in my office! Have a heart, call me Dimitri at least!
- Uhm... yes... Dimitri... I gathered some ideas about that....

"...Despite the fact that many powerful countries such as Xagrurg tried to bribe our Ministry of Foreign Trade with high subsidies to our economy, thanks to the support of our dear neighbor Zukchiva, as well as Free Sylvin, who offered to join the new growing economic union SPEAR, Parliament increasingly inclined in favor of independent development of capacities in our enterprises.

Today there was the most important event in the struggle of "subsidists" and "self-developpers", namely an incredible scandal at the meeting of the State People's Soviet. Industrialist Igor Misorus, an ardent "subsidist", said that Rusenia could not exist without direct assistance from outside, namely, without the supply of equipment and financial investments in its economy.

To this statement, the Social Democratic Party has provided a number of documents, including economic agreements with Ruseniyas' close neighbors, accirding to which Ruseniya has the opportunity not only to provide itself with equipment and to increase the manufacturability of production twice as high as the average in Gondwana, though not without help foreign specialists, but, at a certain level of technical development, provide itself with all the necessary set of household items, weapons and building materials to continue its economic growth...

...as a result of which direct insults have flown to the Social Democrats. Derek Kutov, one of the Social Democrats in a fit of anger threw one of his shoes at Misorus, after which a short-term fight took place.

Misorus and Kutin were expelled from their parties the same day ..."

IT IS TIME FOR SUNDAY'S NATIONAL FOCUS ANNOUNCEMENT!

Passed focus:
Our Initiative
We will construct everything on our own! That way our economical treaties will be more profitable for you, and you will not loose any money you have. We just need some more time, let us do all the work. Besides, we are the "Workers Folk".
- Daniel Motskavitchus

Profit from economical treaties for Ruseniya will be increased to 3200000 USD
Profit from economical treaties for other countries will be increased to 6100000 USD
Losses from the treaty denouncement for Ruseniya will increase to 6100000USD
Losses from the treaty denouncement for other countries will increase to 3000000 USD
Ruseniya will try to raise it's industry to sell it's resources to the partners on its own.

Now it is time for more... controversial focuses to choose.

An Example To Follow
As a member of SPEAR, Ruseniya shsll find it to be essential for the international cooperation, to improve our relationships and furthermore, start a cultural exchange between the member countries!..
...We highly respect our partners, and we will not let any of our ambitions to overthrow our will to peacefully cooperate with them...

Hammiel Dregovets, ruseniyan politic

Ruseniya will invite more foreign specialists, and also will propose the cultural exchange programms for its economical partners.
Countries, that share border with Ruseniya, will be able to allow visa-free regime with Ruseniya.
Ruseniya will lean to more pecefull way of negotiations.
Ruseniyan military industry will suffer medium losses.

Our Own Bloc
My opinion is, that we should start military cooperation with other members of SPEAR. This is essential to defend our economical interests in Gondwana.
Mark Vizegra, head of Ruseniyan Ministry of Defence
IF Ruseniya is already in any alliance, Ruseniya will focus on military cooperation with other members.
IF Ruseniya has not joined any alliance or was expelled from one, it will start its own military bloc.
Ruseniyan civil economy will slightly loose some profits.
Edited by Ruseniyan President, Aug 5 2018, 09:38:31 AM.

Anthem:
Long live our Motherland

My all time favorite gif

Jacknotch
Member Avatar
Citizen
(OOC: This is in support of ‘An Example To Follow’)
Imperium, Xagrurg
“Goddamn you idiot, what did you think was going to happen?!” Foreign Minister John Smith threw his newspaper at his colleague after he read the recent news article from Ruseniya. “Well to be fair sir, the Ruseniyan Ministry of Foreign Trade never did respond back to our calls if they wanted to modify the treaty,” the man replied, rubbing his forehead. John Smith took a deep breath before resuming. “Now, where did you get the idea of trying to bribe the Ruseniyans?” John Smith asked him. “Sir, according to my calculations and research, they likely would’ve accepted the aid from our ‘Aiding The World’ program dedicated to increasing Xagrurg’s PR image overseas if it wasn’t for the nation of Free Sylvinn extending membership of S.P.E.A.R. to Rusenyia,” he replied, sweating. “Well your projections were damn wrong. Now get out of my sight before I change my mind on not firing your presumptuous ass,” John sternly told him.

John Smith, after the man scurried out of his office, took a sip out of his cup of instant coffee. “Tastes like shit as per usual,” he scoffed. He then sighed and then proceeded to draft another treaty to the Rusenyian government.

“To whomever this may concern in the Rusenyian government,

It is unfortunate that your government has decided to rebuke my nation’s gift to Rusenyia and then proceed to label us as ’A powerful nation who tried to bribe the Ministry of Foreign Trade with high subsidies’ in your recent article in your news media. I am surprised that this has occurred, due to the fact that I offered to reach out to you if you had any qualms or concerns regarding my proposal. Nevertheless, my government has decided to take the offense without any issue. We still desire amicable relations with your people and we offer access to our scientific and architectural information banks as a gesture of good will. Furthermore, we also offer your nation’s leader the permission to visit the nation of Xagrurg and its cities and meet with our leader, President James Deref, to discuss any issues or suggest any treatises to be made with him during your diplomatic visit. In fact, I have spoken to the leader of Xagrurg, President James Deref, of the idea of visiting the great nation of Ruseniya on a diplomatic visit to admire your nation as well in return.

Hopefully, you will not take this as an infringement on your nation’s sovereignty but instead a extension of Xagrurgian diplomacy.

John Smith
Foreign Minister
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Xagrurg

Rogueparagon
Member Avatar
Lord of the Idiots
Free Syllvin nominally supports OUR OWN BLOCbut the government is split on how to proceed. Ruseniya will need to decide between three opportunities if they want to secure Syllvan support.

STRENGTH OF THE PEOPLE

If they want military cooperation so be it. SPEAR will demonstrate strength together. But Ruseniya must stand on its own. We will not help them develop their military capabilities in exchange for granting then a defensive pact.

Ruseniya will form mutual defensive pacts with all SPEAR countries.
The military industry will experience significant growth.
A military modernization program will be put into place and the quality of Public Services in Ruseniya decline as the military budget is increased.
Public opinion of the Ruseniyan government will become more negative for focusing on Military build-up over economic prosperity.

UNITED WE STAND

We do not have the strength or the jurisprudence to defend them. Our forces were made to stop threats to our nation and our nation only. But we can give them the means to advance themselves.

Syllvan special forces will train the rank-and-file of the Ruseniyan Armed Forces.
Members of the Ruseniyan Armed Forces will be allowed to study in Syllvan military academies.
Free Syllvin will offer a discount for the purchase of military equipment.
Ruseniyan soldiers will have increased morale and skill.
Ruseniyan military industry will decline.
Ruseniya will become dependent on other nations to train its soldiers.

ALL FOR ONE

It is imperative to secure our allies against foreign aggression, be it financial or military. We may not have nother opportunity to ensure complete and total Syllvan strength in this area.

Free Syllvin will actively station troops inside Ruseniyan borders.
SPEAR nations will have increased civil economic growth by allowing their militaries to be subsidized.
Syllvan economy will weaken from the logistical strain of keeping large armies abroad.
Syllvan troops will have low morale for being deployed for long periods of time.
Ruseniyan military skill will decrease sharply from letting other nations do their fighting.
Edited by Rogueparagon, Jul 30 2018, 12:57:43 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Ruseniyan President
Member Avatar
Face Plant!
A document in yellow envelope arrived to Emperium...

To Xagrurgian Gowernment,
we see, that Xagrurg wants only to peacefully cooperate with Ruseniya, and want to start negotiations with your country. We found it essential to send a diplomatic delegation to you, and also some reporters from RIA, if you will let us to do so.
We hope that we will improve relations during this meeting.

Ruseniyan MFA also contacted their partner from SPEAR...

Ruseniyan Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in connection with recent debates in Free Syllvin's Gowernment, wants to send a diplomatic delegation there to discuss the situation and possible outcomes.

- Hello again, Nikonor.
- Greetings, comrade.

As both the Ruseniyan Vice-President and one of ruseniyan diplomats sat on the first-class seats in the airplane, all was ready for flight.

- You're a sly foxy, Dan - whispered Nikonor - Vice-President, huh?
- Shutup immediately, there is work to be done, i mu~ we both must to be calm! - hushed Motskavithus with his face turning slightly reddish.
- Like the old times, Dan, you are so sensetive, heheh...

After this phrase, they both did not share even one word during the flight.

Anthem:
Long live our Motherland

My all time favorite gif

Zukchiva
Member Avatar
Why are we here?
“So, what about military? Do we need their help?”

Zoyral looked at him. “Can we help each other is the question here Goryal. What do you think?”

Goryal sighed. He had two options here, and he did not know which to pick. What was right. “I think military is our best option here sir. This way, we can protect ourselves if relations overseas go sour. But, I don't know how we can help Ruseniya, except hurting them militarily and depend on us, or spend too much on their military.”

Zoyral Seveni laughed a little. “Why not send some trainers to train some trainers?”

Goyral sighed. “But won't that male then dependent on us?” Zoyral shook his head

“Not if we only do it once, and then just watch as they develop their own methods and trainings.”

“I'm still against this sir. What if they do start depending on us? We need another plan.”

“There is none right now.”

“Then we will go for peace”

“Our ally doesn't support that route. I think it would be better if we kept to their interests for now. It only takes on corrupt politician to do anything in even a democratic nation”

“What do you suggest then?”

“Why not support the Ruseniyans in their choice?”

“What?”

“It is their choice and they know what is best. Obviously, we cant decide. My ministry members are also split on this decision. I think it's our best option.”

Zoyral frowned. “I trust your judgement Goryal. But this seems a little weird.”

“It is either this or we are forced to choose between our ideals.”

“Fine. Tell our diplomat to send a message to the government. Any Goyral, thank your for your awesome work.”

“Welcome sir!”

[LETTER TO THE RUSENIYAN GOVERNMENT]

Dear Government,
It has come to our attention that you are deciding on whether to choose a path of diplomatic peace or military diplomacy. We feel that we are not the ones to make this decision, you are.

Thus, instead of making changes to our agreements, we will go with whatever you choose. We support your choice I'm this matter, because ultimately you are government that understands your own people the best.

Thus, whatever Ruseniya chooses will be supported and backed by Zukchiva.

With regards-
- The Zukchivan Diplomat
-Arnit Akata
OOC: we support whatever Ruseniya chooses, and if that's not an option, I remain neutral.
Edited by Zukchiva, Aug 5 2018, 12:33:46 PM.
Posted Image
We are strong.

Signiture

Ruseniyan President
Member Avatar
Face Plant!
-"But dear comrades, why should we..."
-"Enough, Dimitri."
This one phrase, said without any emotions trough the microphone, forced the entire Soviet to become silent.

Dimitry stood on the podium, sweat was streaming from his forehead. He had just lost his composure, which meant only one thing: if there will be noone supporting his initiative in the parliament's hall, he had already lost.
The Speaker of the Parliament, who, a second ago, clamped down on the President, got up, and said:
-"Well, let's sum up. Dimitry told us his point of view, supporting it with a report on the analysis of the military potential of the UK military in Joralesia, as well as the recent accession of our country to, and he specifically emphasizes that, economic alliance SPEAR."
Parliament became full of muttering.
-"Nevertheless, - continued the speaker, - we were assured by Mark Vizegra, head of Ruseniyan Ministry of Defence, that the air force and naval fleet of the UK have the ability to send troops to Joralesia, and this force will be three times more powerfull, than our own army..."
-"If you will allow me, - said Mark Vizegra to the speaker, - I, in an appendage to what I said, want to invite a diplomat of the Syllvan delegation from our Protocol Office."

Dimitry saw him - the uniform of the Syllvan diplomats immediately struck him in the eye, and the familiarity of his face, that Dimitri once saw in the Protocol 0ffice, was a bitter refutation of the assumption that this was just a provocation.

His brain totally did not want to perceive the information, which was voiced by the Syllvan diplomat and Mark Vizegra. Joint military exercises ... Military academies... All became mixed up with a sharp pain, a headache. "Damn, not now, not migraine again...", thought he.

"...and with our officers and soldiers properly trained in Syllvan military academies, we will be potent enough to protect ourselves.United We Stand, comrades!" - ended his speech Vizegra.

Loud applause filled the hall. The speaker, with the smile on his round face, annunciated:
-"And with that announced, i must ask you, comrades, who will support our Military Modernisation Programm?"
Almost everybody pressed the "YES" button on their computerised tables. On the big analog screen above the podium appeared some yellow numbers and words appeared: "257 - PRO", "2 - CONTRA", "89 - ABSTAIN"
But the applause already abated, as members of parliament turned their gaze to the podium, where the president stood with his head bowed.
-"Now, let us proceed..."
The speaker stopped short, noticing the complete silence in the hall. Looking at the podium, he smirked.
-"Apparently our dear president could not stand the battle against simple truths," he said.
At that very moment Dimitri fell to the ground.
(from the news, a part of interview from Slava24 channel)
"...No, I am fine. It's just a migraine, nothing to worry about. Still, i must stay here at Slavodarian Central Hospital for some time, maybe 2-3 days before the doctors would say that i can get back to work..."

SUNDAY'S FOCUS ANNOUNCEMENT

Passed focus:
OUR OWN BLOC
My opinion is, that we should start military cooperation with other members of SPEAR. This is essential to defend our economical interests in Gondwana.
Mark Vizegra, head of Ruseniyan Ministry of Defence

IF Ruseniya is already in any alliance, Ruseniya will focus on military cooperation with other members.
IF Ruseniya has not joined any alliance or was expelled from one, it will start its own military bloc.
Ruseniyan civil economy will slightly loose some profits.

AND Ruseniya supports the Free Syllvan initiative, named

UNITED WE STAND
We do not have the strength or the jurisprudence to defend them. Our forces were made to stop threats to our nation and our nation only. But we can give them the means to advance themselves.

Syllvan special forces will train the rank-and-file of the Ruseniyan Armed Forces.
Members of the Ruseniyan Armed Forces will be allowed to study in Syllvan military academies.
Free Syllvin will offer a discount for the purchase of military equipment.
Ruseniyan soldiers will have increased morale and skill.
Ruseniyan military industry will decline.
Ruseniya will become dependent on other nations to train its soldiers

With that, I can say that the first focuses are chosen. More controversial focuses ahead, comrades. And there is also something new.

The last focuses, the ones on the bottom of the "tree":
The Focus Tree

Are connected to the cultural influence. Which focus will be the last depends on which focuses will be choosed next.
Ruseniya starts Scientific-, Economical-, and Mass Media Cooperation Efforts, these focuse branches are all available, but the ones after the "enter" focuses are the ones, that will affect the last focus. The ones on the right (ROfS, Focus on Production, Our Media in Foreign Countries) if chosen, will be a good ground for:

Our Cultural Influence
Which outcome in general will make Ruseniya a popular nation amond it's neighbor's citizens. In particular - their citizens will see, that the political regime in Ruseniya actually works great...

The focuses, opposite to above mentioned ones, are connected with:

Foreign Cultural Influence
Ruseniya will be influenced by political ideas from foreign countries, their goods and culture. That will also affect the gowernment and political regime in Ruseniya.

With all focuses, supported/chosen by other states, Ruseniya earned some power in South Gondwana. That means, that the score for now is
Ruseniyan Influence - Foreign Influence

1:0

The third, namely "The Persistence of Our Minds" is the neutral option, that will be chosen if the score will show a tie. (1-1, 2-2 and so on...)

The last focus will be chosen, according to the score. (dont worry, there are plwnty of time before this moment, and you can influence the outcomes, all is in your hands.)

The "enter-focuses" and the ones after them, for each (scientifical, economical or media) branches can be chosen like the previous ones by other nations.

All the participants of this RP can attract other nation's attentions to form "coalitions" that will try to straighten/weaken Ruseniya (supporting the focuses in the "cooperation-branches"), or leave her to her own (by supporting "The Persistence..." focus).

The information about "cooperation-branches" will be posted ASAP.

Edited by Ruseniyan President, Aug 5 2018, 12:48:23 PM.

Anthem:
Long live our Motherland

My all time favorite gif

Rogueparagon
Member Avatar
Lord of the Idiots

Complete inventory of military equipment and vehicles Ruseniya can choose to purchase from Free Syllvin

Operators from Naval Expeditionary Assault and Reconnaissance Group, Section 8, instructing infantrymen from the Ruseniyan Armed Forces, 2018, Colorized

Spoiler: click to toggle

Two men sat at a kitchen table bathed in sunset. The older one sipped his tropical cocktail and sighed.

"And you're quite sure that it's simply a migraine?"

The man across the table took a drink from his mug before responding.

"All the signs are there. Research suggests he most likely has a history."

"Keep an eye on things, quietly. He's a decent man, I want to meet him. No spy networks. Not for them. We can't afford to become what we're trying to prevent."

A bird called from outside, somewhere in the forest; another soon answered. Both were ignored by the men at the table.

"And Our path going forwards? SPEAR, the nation?" The empty cocktail glass was returned to its coaster, and the older man settled his hands in his lap.

"We'll have to ask the rest of the Conclave."

"You know what I mean. We don't have these meetings to debate the weather."

"Fair point. It's my personal belief we need to focus on economic development. I want Megon and Deppicus to see if they can reach out to the Soviet, see what the Ruseniyans themselves think needs doing."

"I'll bring it up with them at our next conference."

A small nod, and the man with the mug stood as his colleague pushed himself away from the table and turned his wheelchair towards the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Lourne. Give my regards to Almaro when you see him."

"Hnmph. Assuredly. Goodbye, DeMarc."

"...and while recent developments may have seen some of our intentions astray, the Conclave is still committed to assisting all nations of SPEAR to become strong and self-sufficient. If your government can give us a priority list of possible improvements that can be made to your economic situation, we will attempt to give you guidance on how to achieve them. Training, specialists, materials, they are all at your fingertips as an ally..."

Free Syllvin supports ECONOMICAL COOPERATION

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Ruseniyan President
Member Avatar
Face Plant!
Joint post with Jacknotch

Imperium, Federal Republic of Xagrurg; Imperium International Airport

As the plane that carried the Ruseniyan delegation landed, President James Deref, his protective detail, and several detachments of Xagrurgian Territorial Marines awaited them at the airport.
Ruseniyan delegation, consisting from 7 men with Arkady Rebbin as the leader, got off the plane, some of them nervously looking at the fully armed marines.
The leader of the delegation held out his hand to the president, with big smile on his face. President James Deref, dressed smartly in his tailored three-piece suit, approached the leader of the Ruseniyan delegation and shook his hand with a smile, then said, "Welcome to Imperium, the capital city of the Federal Republic of Xagrurg." Meanwhile, the marines stood and leaned on their military vehicles who smoked their cigarettes and chatted with each other as the politicians did their usual meet-and-greets.
"We are happy to be here" - said Arkady Rebbin - "And we hope that our stay here will benefit both of our countries!"
Other diplomats from the delegation looked more concentrated than grinning Arkady, all dressed in silvery gray suits and yellow ties
"That's great to hear!", James Deref spoke back to Arkady in a pleased manner. "I suppose all of you want a tour of the city correct?", he suggested to the diplomats.
All the concern and seriousness disappeared from delegates' faces, - a city tour seemed to be acceptable for all of them.
"Arkady, I think everyone agrees"-, said one of them.
"Wonderfull!" replied the leader of the delegation, then turned to Deref"We agree, comrade President!"

President James Deref smiled at their comments and then gestured his hand toward several luxury convertibles. "The Ruseniyan delegation will be riding in those cars. I hope they will be your liking," he said to the diplomats.
"Ha, the only thing i hope that there will be an air-conditioner ..." grumbled the oldest diplomat quietly.
The others looked at him reproachfully.
"We will be grateful to you for any transport vehicle you will find suitable for us , comrade President" said the leader.
President James Deref nodded at Arkady and then proceeded to say, "Very well, we'll start heading to our vehicles then." The marines heard their new orders that they're moving over their earpieces and quickly hopped into their military jeeps, preparing to move.
Ruseniyan delegation followed their example, getting into their luxury cars, not as quick and nimble as xagrurgian marines, but for them, diplomats, it is unnecessary to be nimble. Only the oldest of them, the one who grumped about air-conditioner, had problems with getting into the third car, due to his unflexible legs. Arkady helped him, before the driver noticed anything, and got into the car the last.

The luxury cars and the rest of the convoy proceeded to drive out of the airport and onto the street, their vehicles headed to Downtown Imperium and the technological hub of the city. As their cars drove slowly through the streets, President James Deref described and showed the massive skyscrapers and presence of technology in the city, varying from people of all races and species using smartphones and walking up and down the sidewalks, solar panels on houses and stores, the monorail system that looped around the city, etcetera. “So, how do you find all of this so far?”, he asked to Arkady.
Arkady smirked a bit, and answered:
"For me all of the city looks just majestic! But I cannot truly see the perfection of the city from a technical point of view. Vlad Vesemirovich, what do you think about it?" - turned Arkady to the old man. Vlad Vesemirovich looked first at Arkady:
"As a former Technical Development Advisor, I can say that Imperium has reached a very high levels of technological development."
Then he turned his eyes to the President.
"And I am very interested in those local solar panels. If used correctly, they can reduce the cost of electricity very much, and specifically the cost of supplying electricity to buildings which are maintained by the state budget. Maybe we all should think about cooperation in the energy sector."
"Oh, how glorious! - admired Arkady - This monorail really is something!"

At that same moment all the delegation could see the monorail stopping on one of the biggest stations: A white, thin and elegant train, that shined on the sun even brighter than skyscrappers . While Arkady was genuinely astonished by the composition: a whole train almost hovering high above the ground, the former Technical Development Advisor only glanced out of the window and showed no particular interest.
“I’m glad you’re all pleased with the current display we’ve shown you. The solar panels, I’m sure our departments regarding economic affairs can reach a deal to export solar panels to Rusenyia in the future. Do you wish to ask any questions or want to go to any certain locations in Imperium? asked James Deref.
"No, thank you very much. You already showed us many things, and we are gratefull to you for such a warm welcome."- Arkady answered,-"I think we can already prepare for the discussion of some contracts, - old Vlad suddenly became liven up again and looked at the President,- and other working aspects in more... formal ambiance. And the reporters surely want us to make some statements for TV, both ours and yours..." - smiled Arkady slightly.
“Of course, reporters will be reporters,” James Deref smiled back. “Alright team, start heading towards the Presidential Palace, try to speed up a bit,” he spoke over the earpiece in his left ear...

Some hours later; Presidential Palace, Imperium, Federal Republic of Xagrurg;

...a phone call caught Arkady on his way to the exit from the palace with the rest of the delegation.
He took out a yellow phone with black buttons. A small screen showed one large letter: D, and the number next: 000.
The President called him personally on a closed line. Nothing to worry about, most likely wants to ask how the meeting went.

Arkady picked up the phone.
-"Yes, Dimitri, what can I do for~"
He stopped short. His vice turned as quiet as it never been before.
- "What do you mean "there are problems in parliament?..."
Arkady stopped walking and listened to Ruseniyan President.
-"But what can I do being here???"
He was in the end of the procession, and diplomats did not notice that he had stopped, and proceeded to walk. But the accompanying marines did notice that.
"Is there something wrong, sir?" asked one of the accompanying residents.
Arkady turned around. His face was pale, but there was no emotion on it.
-"I need to return to the President, immediately."
Marin raised an eyebrow in surprise.
-"Let the rest go on. I'll catch up with them later, I have no time to waste. " - Arkady said quietly.

The marine put his hand to his earpiece.
-"Sir, the leader wants to meet with mister President personally, he says it's urgent ..."
Than he turned to Arkady: "What do you want to discuss?"
-"Wha~ This is private information, you, soldier! I canno~
-"Answer me, what do you want to discuss. This will not get outside the Palace." - said the marine.
Arkady inhaled, exhaled, and finally answered:
-"Intelligence exchange. More information later."
The marine repeated into his earphone, adding a "sir" to it. As he received the answer from Deref, he barked to Arkady: "Come on, mister Rebbin."
When Arkady and the two marines, who accompanied him, approached the stairs, the palace doors were closed behind ruseniyan delegation, left without their leader.

Anthem:
Long live our Motherland

My all time favorite gif

Zukchiva
Member Avatar
Why are we here?
“So now what?”

“We want to work with Ruseniya, to make more goods. How to make them.”

“What about scientific cooperation instead?”

“Zoyral, we can just focus on that another time. Right now we don’t have the funds necessary to make fast enough breakthroughs, even with cooperation with each other.”

Zoyral rubs his head. “What about resources? If we work together with them to mind and sell raw materials, we can help preserve the environment and make our economies better at the same time.”

Goryal shakes his head. “It won’t make as much money. I think producing will help our economy get better faster, and thus we can find ways to continue to make money while protecting the environment.”

Zoyral shrugs. If that’s what you believe. Propose to the House about this, let’s focus on setting up a partnership in them so we can develop economically with each other’s help then.”

Goryal smiles. “Will do, sir.”

“Greetings.
We will be willing to work with Ruseniya to increase economic cooperation with both our nations. We feel that this is the right step to develop both our nations into something greater, and to protect us from imperialism within and out of Gondwana. We hope you consider our proposals for this cooperation. Thank you.”

Speech made by the Zukchivan Diplomat

OOC: This is in support of economical cooperation.
Posted Image
We are strong.

Signiture

Jacknotch
Member Avatar
Citizen
“Alright, good, good,” John says to himself, pleased at the progress of the diplomatic negotiations he observed with the Ruseniyan delegation. “Time to ask James Deref for the next step.”

A couple minutes later...
As James Deref is grabbing a slice of pie from his mini-fridge in his living room, his phone begins to ring. “I swear if this is bad news,” he grumbles to himself as he set aside the pie on top of the fridge. “This is James Dere-oh it’s you John. How can I help?”

“I need you to tell me our next step in Ruseniyan-Xagrurgian foreign policy,” he replies.

“Considering they're heavily behind in industrial technology and lack the capacity to produce advanced products, I would focus negotiations on economical cooperation. They could use some Xagrurgian products in exchange for Rusenyian minerals. Call them up to see if they want to further work with Xagrurg after our recent deal with the solar panels.”

“Yes sir,” John answers, ending the call.

Greetings,
The recent progress of diplomacy between Ruseniya and Xagrurg is pleasing to say the very least. President James Deref is interested in further cooperation with Rusenyia in the economic field to help your economy base develop. We hope that you will find this amicable.
(OOC: Economical Cooperation)

Ruseniyan President
Member Avatar
Face Plant!
So, folks, Economical Cooperation.

RIA News Informs:
"...This week was full of discoveries, the largest of them lies ob 5 km depth under Prajka town on ruseniyan north.
5 large veins of ores of non-ferrous metals, such as Nieckel, Cobalt and even Tungsten (W)were found. A debate arose between the scientific community and most known members of the "Industrialists" Party, who are the directors of factories in western Ruseniya, with Mukk Bregovitch as the most active one of them.

Mukk Bregovitch

"...and being incompetent in producing fine cars and other means of land transportation, we must Focus on Resources, we must change them fir more valuable goods by a barter system with fellow socialist-countries, or even sell the resources that no other country need to the capitalists. Yes, that will be sad, but this is the only option, doesn't matter what Eduard said..."

Focus on Resources

Eduard Artemin

"...My apologies, but these statements from comrade Bregovitch have no actual ground beneath them. If we want to focus on something, than it must be Production. I, as the present Technological Advisor in President's Office, with support of my colleagues, want to present this plan for increasing our production rates in the most valuable sphere: Electronics! Today no technologucal advancements could not be achieved without it. According to this 3-year-plan..."

Focus on Production

Edited by Ruseniyan President, Aug 12 2018, 01:55:23 AM.

Anthem:
Long live our Motherland

My all time favorite gif

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · TEP Evolved (In-Character) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Infinite is a customized version of Simple ZB created by Protego of Outline & Zetaboards Theme Zone
Icons by Paomedia and hosted by imgur

© The East Pacific 2003-2018