A Prevailing South Wind (Last Roleplay as Nation East Malaysia)

[right]July 7th, 2019[/right]
Aboard StarAurora Flight 2957…

Ella Lavicus looked out her seat’s first class window, overlooking the serene-looking sea to the west. It had been a busy week, what with all the back-and-forth between Tivot, then East Malaysia, then to Sani Bursil, then back to Tivot, and so on. All to catch a few meetings that certainly could have been emails. Her boss didn’t seem to quite grasp the cost of these plane tickets, not to mention the mental toil it had taken on her. She had kids for pete’s sake! And all the company would provide her were a few unpaid vacation days during this whole endeavor. In this moment, as she was gazing out her window, she was at peace, far above the hustle and bustle of her daily life.

“What can I get for you, dear?”

An older lanky woman with grey hair leaned towards Ella, ready to take her order for the complementary beverage and meal for the flight.

“May I get a Hobsti-Cola, and could I also get the chicken alfredo pasta for the meal?”

“Of course, dear,” the older woman replied, scribbling down her order. The lady moved onto the next customer, and was soon down the aisle in Business class.

Ella returned to her thoughts again, staring out the window. But before she could slip away from reality, she was lurched back by the sound of a scream followed by a BANG! in the back of the plane. She turned her head towards the end of the plane, along with pretty much every other person sitting along the aisle, and Ella’s eyes suddenly widened, and the hair on the back of her neck stood up. The grey-haired flight attendant who had just taken her order was on the ground, and she could’ve swore she saw a small puddle of blood forming around her head. Ella turned away, feeling nauseous from the sight of blood; she quickly got a doggy bag ready, just in case. She returned her frightened gaze over to the scene, and above the woman she saw a man with what appeared to be a handgun of some sort, too far away to discern what type.

“Nobody move a single f***ing muscle, am I clear!?” The man motioned the gun left to right, scanning each individual to ensure his orders were met, occasionally looking behind himself to ensure no one was following him towards the front of the plane. Ella obeyed the aggressor’s orders, staring straight ahead at her food tray, trying not to move.

“I SAID DON’T. F***ING. MOVE!”

The man had screamed right into Ella’s ear. Someone in her row obviously felt the nerve to be brave in this situation, but Ella knew there wasn’t much the passengers could do without risking their own lives, and she certainly didn’t want to risk looking at the man, as she might get shot at.

“Are you deaf?!” The sound of metal striking a face was heard, followed by deafening silence as the man made his way to the cockpit.

The back of the man was in Ella’s view now, and she felt a bit less like prey and gained the courage to move her head to get a good look at him. Black, unkempt hair. Pale white skin. Dark grey shirt and black pants. The man had entered the cockpit before she could gather any other details of the man. The cockpit door closed, and the aircraft began to tilt back and forth for a moment.

Suddenly, another noise from the back of the plane, this time a man’s angry voice. Ella turned back, and it was yet another man with a gun, obviously here to keep the passengers from making any sudden unexpected motions towards either the cockpit or himself. She turned her head back forwards again, this time pulling out her phone and opening her MyLyfe app on her phone. She typed up a 140-character post with as much info as she could, and sent it, but just as she was sure she had gotten away with it, the man had made his way to her row. She kept her face to her phone, and could feel the heat from his body.

“Look at me.”

Ella froze.

“I SAID LOOK AT ME!”

She did as the man ordered.

“Why did you pull out your phone?”

Silence from Ella.

“WHY?!”

Still more silence.

“You sent something, didn’t you?”

Ella’s eyes said it all. Full of guilt and regrets. She knew that this was the end, and opened her mouth to say something. Before she could, the man had shot his firearm, and darkness enveloped Ella’s psyche.

[spoiler]
Flt 2957 en route to East Malaysia Hijacked. Gunman went to cockpit. Speaks Codexian, with pale white skin and black hair. PLEASE HELP US!!!
[/spoiler]

[right]July 7th, 2019 [/right]
Imperial Palace
Destino, Fortuna

The High Commander of the Second Fortunan Empire was about to make an important decision: to wear a red tie or a green tie. Standing in front of his mirror, he slowly compared the two ties one by one. Usually, the only time Tristano Lyone went out was for certain formal occasions, but recently he has been going out for private dinners which he wanted to look his best for. After a good minute, he decided on the green tie and began knotting it around his neck. Before he could even finish, a knock interrupted the silence in his room, causing him to lose track of the knot.

“Dammit,” he muttered under his breath. “What do you want?” Lyone shouted out as he attempted a second time to tie his tie.

“High Commander, it’s urgent.” The muffled voice paused for a second before continuing. “There was an attack on Liberty City.” A few more seconds passed by before the door opened as Lyone stepped out, having given up on his tie for the time being. Standing in front of him was his head of security, Braundon Frusto, who quickly nodded to Lyone and gestured down the hallway. “Your advisors and generals are currently awaiting you in the West Chamber.” Lyone nodded in return and followed Frusto through the glittering halls of the Imperial Palace until they reached a heavy burgundy door flanked by two palace guards who snapped to attention as the High Commander approached. As the two guards pushed the door open, Lyone pulled Frusto to the side while quickly straightening his clothes.

“Tell her we’ll have to move dinner to another night,” Lyone whispered into Frusto’s ear.

“Of course, High Commander,” the burly man responded before rushing back down the hall as Lyone entered the chamber. Standing around a large oval table in the middle of the room, his military advisors all turned towards Lyone and saluted, shouting in unison “glory to the High Commander.” Lyone smiled as he saluted back and made his way towards the table, the heavy door behind him shutting with a loud thud to allow Fortuna’s leaders to discuss without worrying about prying eyes and ears.

“Well then, what’s this about an attack in Liberty City?” Lyone asked as he took a seat, quickly followed suit by the rest of his advisors. For the next few minutes, Lyone listened and observed as he was handed speedily written reports and showed a handful of images and amatuer videos from within the city. All of it reminded him of a similar scenario many years ago when another city in Yasteria was horrifically attacked, causing him to tense up as his advisors were finishing their briefing. “And we don’t know who is behind this?” the Fortunan leader asked quietly, his gaze still locked on the images.

“No sir, it is way too early to tell,” an officer to his left stood up and answered. “Due to past relations and current events, our first guess is Packilvania, though again that is merely an assumption.”

“Well whoever is behind this, it was a matter of time before something occured in the southeast,” another officer now to his right scoffed. The officer’s statement led to the rest of the table to begin muttering amongst themselves before their leader rose his hand up, causing the entire room to fall quiet to hear what the High Commander will say.

“From what I’m seeing, this does not concern us in any way and neither should we fully involve ourselves. However, I will not be taking any chances with this. Commander Romano,” Lyone turned to his second-in-command, a towering figure even when seated, “until we have more information of this situation, have your troops on high alert and order Head Admiral Lisone to move Division Four into the Codex Pontus. Obviously I do not want any form of conflict with the EPTO, but neither do I trust the intentions of the successors to the Codex Empire. Also immediately ground all flights to Southeast Yasteria and thoroughly search new arrivals. Again, until we have more details of this attack, be on high alert. You’re now dismissed,” Lyone ordered with a wave of his hand, sending the quiet room into a flurry as his men began talking amongst themselves, making calls, or rushing out of the room. As a few of his advisors crowded around him and began talking rapidly and shoving new files in front of him, Lyone could not help but sigh and let his mind wander to the dinner he was going to miss.

Imperial One
Flight Deck

“Flight 2957, we must assume has been hijacked, I’ve circled around Tarov, and they followed us. That’s not normal behavior. We must now assume that we can not go to Dutch Gap directly nor can we go back to Eastrovia or even Liberty City. We can’t go back to Tarov International either…” Captain Young looked at the data on the distance of Flight 2957 “…that commercial aircraft is going at its top speed and we’re too close for us to loose them since we’re at a disadvantage with the size of this craft. How far away should we be from Tarov before the EMP can be used?”

“They would gain on us before we could use it. If we use it within 5 miles we will cause a lot of issues for the city and its heavy air traffic,” co-pilot Joon replied as he was working the controls on his console and tapping on a tablet screen preparing the flares instinctively.

“Understood” he said as he switched on the autopilot and then hit a red switch to make a call on a secure line. “Mayday, mayday. Falcon in the sky requesting S2A support. Authorization code Beta-Beta-Alpha-Four-Nine-Tango-Delta-Charlie. Johnson Young, Captain Imperial One. ASAP launch.” He his the switch and took the airplane off autopilot. Deploy flares."

“Aye Captain, deploying flares, laser guidance system on standby.” co-pilot Joon said as he deployed the flare to throw whoever was piloting the plane off as the plane would take a dive to attempt to put distance between them. “Laser guidance system locked on. Captain we’re still too close.”

“I know but its the best we can do to protect the Empress,” he said as hit hit the intercom, “All hands brace.”

Thirty seconds later a missile intercepted Flight 2957 from a submarine in the Morst Sea, hitting the cockpit and destroying the front half of the plane. Shrapnel and a shock wave hit Imperial One damaging the armor plated body and knocking out engine 3 and 4.

The flight deck was in organized chaos behind the Captain and co-pilot as they worked through a flight list of the damaged system and areas of the plane to give the pilots their options. “Increase power to 1 and 2. Cut power from 3 and 4. I think we can still land but we can’t go very far with this level of damage.” he said as he looked at his tablet screen with the flashing red areas of compromised haul and decided they had to go back to Tarov. “Tarov tower, this is Imperial One, I need a runway ASAP.”

Tarov International Tower 3

Air controller Amadeus Roletus had been watching the whole situation unfold from his long-distance radar screen. Although it had a range extending out well into the Morst Sea, it didn’t have much in the way of detail. Simple blips were all he could see on the screen, and he had been following Imperial One and flight 2957 since the hijacking incident began. But suddenly, flight 2957 was no longer blipping on-screen after another, fast-moving blip collided with it. It could only mean a small number of things, and Amadeus knew that. The air controller stared at the screen for a moment, dumbfounded at what he just witnessed, as limited in details as it was. Flight 2957 had been shot down by a missile.

“Tarov tower, this is Imperial One, I need runway ASAP.”

A moment passed. “All those people, dead…” he thought, before Amadeus responded with, “I-Imperial One, this is Tarov tower 3. Make a course for runway ‘three dash charlie’ within the next five minutes.”

He switched radio frequencies and said to the next flight due to land, “Flight 1382, this is Tarov tower 3. Delay landing on runway ‘three dash charlie’ until further notice.”

As he switched back to Imperial One’s radio frequency to listen for a response, Amadeus knew that this would result in a diplomatic incident the likes of which hadn’t been seen for a long time.

04/07/2020

“It has been a long nearly eight months since the South Liberation Army laid siege on Southeast Yasteria. We, not only East Malaysia, but our closest allies within our Southeast Yasteria region have suffered losses beyond what we would have imagined before the multiple attacks on our democratic systems. With our fellow East Pacific Treaty Organization allies we have successfully pushed them back beyond our boarders of Southeast Yasteria and committed one trillion dollars to the reconstruction of infrastructure of Free Pacific States and Lyon.”

“We have reached an agreement with the provisional Free Pacific States and Lyon government to provide this financing with a new currency that is backed by East Malaysia to continually stabilize the Southeast Yasteria region, which we rightfully name the Southeast Yasteria Dollar or SY♮ to represent the unity of our region. This will include all East Malaysian territories but at the same time we will continue our UNAC Observer Status and enable to continue use of the Kirib but it will be expanded to encompass all of Southeast Yasteria. This will greatly benefit Free Pacific States and Lyon to strengthen their economies and benefit our UNAC partners.”

“Together as a united region we will get through this these trying times and comes out a stronger people with a common goal of peace, economic growth and security. Thank you, thank you for your time.”