[AMENDMENT] Citizenship Act 2.1

Oh hello friends. Vizier Emjay here with a very simple and easy request/proposal for an amendment to 2.1 section of the Citizenship Act.

The basics of it are currently citizens validate via telegram. After consulting with my fellow vizier over an idea I had but it requires a change to this law. My proposal is a shift from telegrams to using a dispatch system in which we provide a template depending on their level of NS experience. A brand new person would have a nice welcome telegram whereas an experience person would have something welcoming but perhaps not as detailed.

Why I think we need this change is it will enable a new person to learn how to make a dispatch, give them clear direction on where to go and it’ll be conveniently saved for them to reference back to should they decide to. It will also give the process transparency to allow all members of Citicomm to help with citizenship apps without having to ask around about a telegram or a new person waiting around for someone to login or someone like myself that doesn’t always check my telegrams. Bad I know but what can I say, I need a deputy (this may or may not be a paid advertisement my the Ministry of Regional Affairs).

I haven’t worked out the exact steps but I was thinking they create the dispatch first and include the link in their citizenship app.

At the same time I would like to make this section flexible on use of in-game mechanics so should we flip back that it doesn’t require all of this for something tiny but I think what I would like to bring with this new thing for us will be something beneficial to TEP.

…2.1- The Citizenship Commission, led by the Grand Vizier, is hereby established. The Commission shall maintain a record of all Citizens, and an official application thread within The East Pacific’s regional forums referencing the Concordat. Said thread shall be linked on the region’s world factbook entry. Citizens shall be required to validate their applications with the Citizenship Commission via telegram dispatch or telegram.

I think this might work very well if it’s done properly.

But question, would that just add more work to applying citizens especially the ones who really just joined the NS? How would you/you guys make it easier?

— Begin quote from ____

I think this might work very well if it’s done properly.

But question, would that just add more work to applying citizens especially the ones who really just joined the NS? How would you/you guys make it easier?

— End quote

It may on the surface look like “more work” but just look at the citizenship thread right now and it’s a little confusing, after this, I will get with Stooley about getting that some spring cleaning. But you have to see how this is beneficial and not “more work” by seeing what a new player is gaining and how it should improve overall application speed.

1. We’re teaching them how to make a dispatch.
  2. They will have an option of which templates (yes, already pre-made, with nothing to fill out) to pick based on their experience. A truly new player would get a dispatch template that will get them in the right directions, like to STEP.
  3. Eliminates waiting for Telegrams, waiting for people to check their Telegrams, and perhaps help share the load and take it off certain citicomm members.

+1 way to validate citizenship? Sure. Seems harmless.

Support.