Delegate Election - June 2021: Nominations

The June 2021 delegate election season has begun!
Please familiarize yourself with The East Pacific, and the candidates in this race.

As Viceroy of the East Pacific, it is my duty to open this election. The nomination period has now BEGUN. Any citizen may nominate any citizen. Nominations must be made in this thread only! Please be advised of the following circumstances:
(1) Self-nominations ARE allowed, but they must be seconded by another citizen. Once that happens, the nominee may open up their campaign thread.
(2) If someone is nominated by another citizen, they may accept, decline, or ignore their nomination. If they accept, the nominee may open up their campaign thread.

— Begin quote from ____

NOTICE TO NOMINEES

Be advised, only nominees that fit in one of the above two categories will be included on the ballot. Campaign threads must be posted in this sub-forum. Campaign threads should include the nominee’s platform; that is, their plan to guide The East Pacific as its next delegate. Citizens may ask campaigners questions, comment, etc. Campaigners are allotted only one thread. Non-running citizens should not start threads here - they’ll be moved to the archives section. Flaming will not be tolerated here. In addition, electioneering (campaigning for votes in private chats, campaigning on the RMB, sending out telegrams, etc) is not permitted. Keep campaigning limited to this sub-forum and the dedicated #delegate-elections Discord channel only.

Also, do not attempt to subvert the system here. One citizen, one vote. Administrators and the Conclave will be monitoring the votes and making sure we adhere to that rule. Anyone caught attempting to unlawfully gain votes will face serious legal and forum-based repercussions pending trial. The tradition of proper election behavior is strong enough to be considered as an effective binding norm and can possibly be used against you. You do not want the landmark TEP election case disqualifying a candidate or voter being called “TEP v. Your Name”.

— End quote

— Begin quote from ____

THE OFFICIAL ELECTION SCHEDULE
The nomination period runs from now until Tuesday, June 8th, 2021 at 6:00 PM UTC (2:00 PM EDT). Campaigning BEGINS during this period, any applicable nominee who has accepted and is listed here may campaign.

Beginning Tuesday, June 8th, 2021 to Tuesday, June 15th, 2021 at 6:00 PM UTC (2:00 PM EDT) - voting! Voting will be public - you must vote in the appropriate thread in order for your vote to count. Voters will vote for a listed candidate or abstain.

More info on the voting thread will be posted when the thread is posted. Any questions may be asked in this thread, but please refrain from turning this thread into a discussion. Remember, it should be for nominations.

— End quote

— Begin quote from ____

OF NOTE

• Those who have applied for citizenship AFTER the Election closure: your applications will be processed as normal, but your ability to vote in delegate elections is suspended until the conclusion of the ongoing election. You will be unable to vote if you have not been confirmed a citizen before the time that these nominations begin.

• Eligibility to run or vote will be determined by the Grand Vizier’s Roll of Citizens, as authorized by Article E.3 of the Concordat, and updated by audit. Challenges will be heard by the Electoral Commission.

• These elections will be overseen to check on any multi-votes or other election improprieties. Other members of the Conclave may be brought in to assist in administering these elections if necessary.

• At the end of the nomination period, all accepted candidates will be subject to strong citizenship checks.

— End quote

Best of luck to all candidates!

— Begin quote from ____

NOMINATION INFORMATION

Format:
-Candidate: ACCEPTED, UNDISCLOSED, or DECLINED

ACCEPTED means the nominee has accepted their nomination and can run in the current Delegate election.
UNDISCLOSED means that the nominee has not yet accepted nor declined their nomination for this election.
DECLINED means that the nominee has refused their nomination and cannot run in the current Delegate election.

— End quote

— Begin quote from ____

CANDIDATE LIST

AC5230: ACCEPTED
Acronis: DECLINED
Aggie: UNDISCLOSED
Algerstonia: ACCEPTED
A mean old man: DECLINED
Asendavia: UNDISCLOSED
Atlae: ACCEPTED
Aurora Yukihime: DECLINED
Bachtendekuppen: DECLINED
Dylan: DECLINED
East Malaysia: DECLINED
GioSivo: DECLINED
Libertanny: ACCEPTED
Mangegneithe: DECLINED
Marrabuk: DECLINED
Nociav: DECLINED
packilvania: UNDISCLOSED
Pakitsk: DECLINED
Sammy23: ACCEPTED
SirShadow: DECLINED
Taduwe: ACCEPTED
Todd McCloud: UNDISCLOSED
vw53a: DECLINED
Wallenburg: DECLINED
YSG Hermitcraft: ACCEPTED
Zukchiva: WITHDRAWN

— End quote

I nominate:
Sammy (New Leganes)
and
Aivintis (whatever is his current name)

I nominate Zukchiva.

I also nominate:
Sammy (New Leganes) along with
Libertanny and Aivintis

I second the nomination of Zukchiva.

I nominate Wallenburg.

— Begin quote from ____

I also nominate:
Sammy (New Leganes) along with
Libertanny and Aivintis

— End quote

I accept my nomination.

I nominate AMOM

I nominate Sammy, Libertanny, Zuk, AMOM, Bach, and Paki all for Delegate

I will also pre-emptively DECLINE any and all nominations for me as delegate.

I nominate Aga.

I second Zukchiva, Aivintis, Libertanny and Wallenburg. I nominate SirShadow, Atlae, Acronis, East Malaysia, A mean old man, Dylan, Asendavia, Marrabuk, VW53Aland, Gio (Pledonia) and Aurora Yukihime.

And I accept my nomination :)))

I accept my nomination.

I nominate or second Aivintis, Aurora, Atlae, Libertanny, Sammy, and SirShadow.

I second Em, AMOM, and VW53A

I also second the nomination of Gio

I also accept my nomination.

Won’t be running seriously though.

EDIT: I second Gio and nominate Nociav as well.

I second Nociav / Nuswaree

I decline my nomination.

I appreciate the thought but I decline.

I nominate Taduwe and myself.

I second both Algerstonia and Taduwe.