Discussion - Streamlining the Ministry of Information

I’ve spoken to several players now about the Ministry of Information and its goals and wanted to open up discussion here. Ministry of Information falls under the Communications umbrella in the Executive Discord but there is sometimes overlapping and varying information about the function of the ministry even across the forums.

Some of the things I’ve heard is that because of internal drama the ministry has not been able to accomplish much over the past few months and that there is, which can be true of many ministires in NS, difficulty putting together a strong working team.  My question really seems to be how to address this moving forward.

One way to move forward would be clearly defined goals and roles.

Do we want this Ministry to act as the media outlet which would entail:

1. Production of articles on TEP related topics for internal distribution (forums, dispatch, Discord) on some regular basis

Then there are other things that a Ministry of Information might do in a region:
2. Produce guides for players including 
A. Why And How to Join the WA and Support TEP
B. 101 Things You Can Do in TEP
C. Overview of the TEP Government
D. A Brief History of TEP

Etc.

I believe that Design is now its own department so that no longer applies here, however, how can MoI support other ministries as well?

Thank you for your thoughts, let’s move forward for an active, dynamic TEP.

I don’t really know how Information can support other Ministries,. Meaning, I don’t have solid ideas.

Maybe Integration can help with the guides? Since these guides would help newer players, perhaps both Ministries can hash out the guides together.

Maybe Information can also release short-daily basis articles keeping the populace on what’s going on with government. (I.e, Culture working on Christmas event, Information preparing EPNS release, Design opening new request thread etc etc- these are just examples.)

Don’t really have anything else besides that :confused:

Please be aware that several guides already exist (look in the Library for example) and could easily be updated. Might save some work here and there.

— Begin quote from ____

Please be aware that several guides already exist (look in the Library for example) and could easily be updated. Might save some work here and there.

— End quote

Thanks so much for this <3