EM Bill-Time Limitations

EM Bill-Time Limitations

This bill is purposed to setup time limitation guidelines for the Magisterial Assembly so that purposed bills can be deliberated over, voted on, or passed and written into law.

[though of and created on July 23, 2005]

Citation

This legislation shall be cited as “Time Limitation Guidelines Act” if it is passed by the Magisterial Assembly.

Proposed Legislation

1. All Deliberation on a purposed bill should be done within two weeks

2. suggestions and proposals for specific bill should be purposed within the two weeks after deliberations are done

3. a reading of the final version should be done the week after suggestions and proposals for specific bill are over with

4. The voting on a purposed bill should only take one week and that should be the week after the reading of the final version.

5. If more time is needed during the deliberations a magister can request for more time from, The Delegate, The Consul, or The Grand Vizier.

Ok i’m not a law maker, but i think and hope you get the idea. I feel that time limitations are required so that things can move more quickly thru the Assembly. Now maybe someone that is better with creating bills can take what i have and make a much better bill.

I like

I like this proposal, as well. Thank you, East Malaysia.

as do I.

wow! more suport than i thought i would get on my first try.

It sounds peachy.

For the purposes of style and spelling, I hope you don’t mind this rewrite. I have no opinion one way or the other on this, but it does seem unnecessary since we are already depending on the Consul to move things along.

East Malaysia Bill Time Limitations

An Act to provide for time limitation guidelines for the Magisterial Assembly in order to expedite the passage of bills.

[date passed]

Citation

1. This legislation may be cited as the Time Limitation Guidelines Act

Time Limitations

1. All deliberation on a proposed bill should be done within two weeks

2. Suggestions for amendments to a specific bill should be proposed within the two weeks after deliberations are concluded.

3. A reading of the final version should be conducted the week after suggestions and proposals for a specific bill are concluded.

4. The voting on a proposed bill shall take no more than one week and that shall be the week after the reading of the final version.

5. If more time is needed during the deliberations a magister may request for more time from

a) The Delegate,
b) The Consul; or
c) The Grand Vizier.

Thanks Kelssek! the reason i thought up this is because, Lets say that the consul has some RL issues (FI is having some RL issues now) and cant be here to “move things along”, so i think we need some time limitation so that when the consul is not here the Assembly wont stall and things can move along easily. Maybe the consul needs a assistant for when he is not here?

hmm… I still say we scrap the senate and form an oligarchy of nations… oh wait…

I like it, but feel that requests for further time should be addressable only to the Consul. The Delegate and Grand Vizier are both executive posts, and shouldn’t have to do with the day to day running of the assembly. It’s a separation of powers thing.

I agree with Codex, that is why I only ever suggest bills,
perhpas we need to set a fire under our Comrade Cousul.
kekeke

I agree with codex and apologise for my own absence from here for so long.

EM if you wish to submit a new version I shall call for a vote and hopefully we can get at least one thing accomplished.

East Malaysia Bill Time Limitations

An Act to provide for time limitation guidelines for the Magisterial Assembly in order to expedite the passage of bills.

[date passed]

Citation

1. This legislation may be cited as the Time Limitation Guidelines Act

Time Limitations

1. All deliberation on a proposed bill should be done within two weeks

2. Suggestions for amendments to a specific bill should be proposed within the two weeks after deliberations are concluded.

3. A reading of the final version should be conducted the week after suggestions and proposals for a specific bill are concluded.

4. The voting on a proposed bill shall take no more than one week and that shall be the week after the reading of the final version.

5. If more time is needed during the deliberations a magister may request for more time from:

a) The Consul,
b) Whoever The Consul leaves in command during his/her absence

Ok i think that divides the executive from the legislative branch and if anyone has any other suguestions before there is a vote on it then please do that now. Since this is my bill, i dont get to vote on this when it comes to vote do i? i’m not sure on this position…

I hearby call for a vote, and shall post it as soon as I get a second from a magister who is not the submitter.

…and as an update I can now get into the MA secured forums…

You can ask Loop about this if you want but for the longest time I haven’t been able to get into the MA despite Loop checking and rechecking the PW for me…

Turns out he always told me the password in lower case…

I’ll second this.

Posted in the secure forums…

and EM I think you do get to vote on it… as long as you are a magister… :stuck_out_tongue:

:foxy: