Erehe; Hello from Reviati

I’m Cloudy and my nation is Reviati (http://www.nationstates.net/reviati)
I created the nation a.) because I always found nationstates to be a lot of fun.
b.) To create a culture behind a language I’m making. (Revian)

It’s not a professional language or anything. It’s more of a hobby than anything.
But I’m glad to be apart of a group. It should help make my country and its language and culture more interesting.

S’ere (Thank you)

Heya, welcome to the EP. We’re glad to have you here. :slight_smile:

Making a language (and a culture for it) is quite the goal. We’ve got a number of people doing that, but it’s usually the other way around - so your take on it is a cut above. I hope you like it here -take a look around and please let me know if you have any questions.

Indeed, welcome! And loving languages is always fascinating! I always admired people who could pick up other languages quickly or create their own.

Actually, you are in the right region for languages. I have spoken to other TEP’ers and believe it or not, but we have quite a few people here who also enjoy dabbling with their own languages.

It’s rather impressive really! So it would really be great to have you join us and become more active!

:slight_smile:

Hello!

Welcome!

Can’t wait to see some of your invented language!

Glad to be welcomed so warmly.

Most of the language is created on the fly and then refined later. Mostly for now I’m compiling a database of words sort of like a translation dictionary. For example, the numbers 1-10:

one - neo
two - ibi
three - tri
four - fuo
five - vi
six - hacati
seven - hepa
eight - gi
nine - nie
ten - deci

:smiley:

That is really great! You know, we should get all our TEP language lovers together to form a language for the region.

It might be silly but it would be entertaining!

Aha, welcome to The East Pacific Forums!

As for languages there, Cloudy, that’s quite interesting. I like to see the development of other languages (it’s HARD and often somewhat unrewarding, since English seems to be the ‘norm’ language around the realm, even in the roleplay setting), but yeah. NEO! THE ONE!

I’ve studied chinese for a number of years, and Revian tends to follow some patterns of its construction.

Examples are number patterns and verb conjugations (or lack thereof lol).

I’m hoping to start roleplaying soon. Gotta find the time.

— Begin quote from ____

I’ve studied chinese for a number of years, and Revian tends to follow some patterns of its construction.

Examples are number patterns and verb conjugations (or lack thereof lol).

I’m hoping to start roleplaying soon. Gotta find the time.

— End quote

Take your time. Most of TEP is quite inviting when it comes to roleplay, so don’t be afraid to be bold and get a few plotlines off the ground, if you’d like!

Discovered the wiki last night. I’m in the progress of writing my own and stayed up way too late developing a full history of Reviati x.x But it was worth it.

What else should typically be included in such wikis?

Laptop got hit with a virus. So I might not be on as often. Sorry.

— Begin quote from ____

Laptop got hit with a virus. So I might not be on as often. Sorry.

— End quote

Again, take your time.