Erratic Behaviour in TEP

About 14 hours ago, Lady Phedre ejected a large number (30-50) nations with small influence and many of them newly formed.

Shortly thereafter, Lady Edea resigned from WA and stated that she would leave TEP to be with the nations that had been ejected. (At last check, Lady Edea was still in TEP.)

Lady Phedre has not voted or entertained any discussion on the last two WA resolutions. If I may quote from the site"s FAQ:

My region’s WA Delegate is an evil dictator who ejects nations for no reason! Make him stop!

Delegates are elected: if you don’t like yours, it’s up to you to get him/her unelected. While in power, Delegates can use or abuse their powers as they see fit.

It’s time for everyone to unendorse Lady Phedre.

More like 150-200, going by the changes in regional population on my end (the Rejected Realms). It seems to have burned a lot more Influence than when someone did that in the Pacific a year back, too - I get the feeling the Influence calculations for feeders have changed.

I’ll believe your number. They were disappearing from regional page as quickly as I refreshed it last night, replaced by another batch of rejections.

So, any idea what is going on? Was there another invasion in TEP and Lady Phedre cut if off? There doesn’t seem to be a lot of announcements on RMB or on the “Empire” forum.

How are you able to see the influence that was burned with the ejections? (I’m somewhat new to all of this.)

— Begin quote from ____

So, any idea what is going on? Was there another invasion in TEP and Lady Phedre cut if off? There doesn’t seem to be a lot of announcements on RMB or on the “Empire” forum.

How are you able to see the influence that was burned with the ejections? (I’m somewhat new to all of this.)

— End quote

There was no invasion to my knowledge. It is my belief that the ejections were simply random ejections of random nations more or less for its own sake. I am not privy to the motives of the Empire.

Influence gain/loss is not visible, nor measured with stats. This is deliberate - if the mechanics were known, players would quickly find out how to exploit them. I concluded that there was influence loss because Phedre was something else before and is a Minnow now.

Thanks for the information. I’m not privy to the motives of the empire and I live in a region under its control. Wow, random ejections of 150 to 200 nations – it’s a model where control is based on fear.

Fascinating.

Frightening.

Interesting. I proves several things, I guess. First, that she is a dictator. But I think they are also in a hard situation. Phedre has lost many endorsements recently, and their activity is also falling. Soon they will fall into the dust.

But unfortunately, since neither we, nor they can put on a working government, the region will soon fall into anarchy.

Isn’t it supposed to be Biyah using Phedre’s abandoned account?

“Phedre’s abandoned account?” Has Phedre quit? If Biyah is using Phedre’s account and since Biyah has joined the WA, isn’t that one person with two WA nations?

How do you know that Phedre has quit?

Phedre was away due to RL issues, but she’s back now.

Nothing is being posted in the “Empire” forum either. No Phedre, no Rahl/Biyah, no Edea … no boasts, no bluster, nothing.

— Begin quote from ____

Phedre was away due to RL issues, but she’s back now.

— End quote

Ah, I didn’t hear that last part.

She is trying to find me, trying to find what I am doing,
She wont find me. not until it is too late and she is with Kandarin.

Messages from a couple of the random victims of Phedere’s temper tantrum:

“I have never talked to Lady Phedre and have not received any telegrams from her regarding this matter. I had no contact with the other nations she has kicked and I haven’t found any connection between me and the others. I believe it was simply a random act. I have sent Lady Phedre a telegram asking for her reasons which she has not replied to yet. If you have found any news about my ejection from The East Pacific or why any of the other countries got ejected I would like to hear about it.”

“I was another kicked nation. If y’all manage to beat the crap out of this so-called leader, please let me know, and I’ll come back. I’ve been in The East Pacific since I started playing, and if you’ll note my population (9.959 billion), that’s been several years. This idiot may have abused its power (gender of the nation non-withstanding), but hopefully, not without a price.”

Seems clear … anyone who is still endorsing Phedre should undo it.

You will need to gather some grassroots support, make your case (make it concise but short, 2 paragraphs at most) and TG all her supportors.
she has become the New Franco,

Anoter comment from an ejectee:

“Well, well, well. It seems we have another Black-Adder-Francos-Spain wannabe as our delegate. I woke up in the RR and I’m not a WA member, I was’t endo whoring and I wasn’t given any kind of warning or explanation.”

The so-called-empress has lost already many endos. This is an exelent time. We must attack! We must pull our government together, and start a propagande campaigne.

— Begin quote from ____

You will need to gather some grassroots support, make your case (make it concise but short, 2 paragraphs at most) and TG all her supporters.

— End quote

I think he already did. At least, I presume so, since Charles here appears to be A Slanted Black Stripe in game.

I wasn’t intending to be secretative, just careful. Yes, I manage the nation of A Slanted Black Stripe. And, I have sent a lot of telegrams to those endorsing Lady Phedre, with a moderate amount of success. I have been in the game for a long time, ignoring forums, role plays, invasions, delegates, influence, etc. I was happy managing my own country and dealing with issues and WA Resolutions. (I seem to have accumulated a lot of influence in spite of this.)

I’m a bit like the Ents in The Two Towers. It’s takes quite a bit to wake me up, but once I’m awake …

My telegrams have pointed out actions where Lady Phedre has not performed appropriately as Delegate. I have asked nations to unendorse her and I have specfically stated that I was not seeking more endorsements, nor was I campaigning to become the new Delegate. In spite of that, I have received many endorsements.

I have asked for nations who may be interested in being the new Delegate to self-identify. So far, perhaps because of fear of ejection, no one has stated an interest in being Delegate.

I am working on a proposal, where I might serve as temporary Delegate, and faciliate a fair election among interested candidates.

Have others been able to make something like this happen in the past?

Thanks.

you tell me when to move and I shall, I will not presume you want me as Delegate but I will support whomever is chosen.

Dear Nations of The East Pacific,

I am asking for your endorsements so I may serve as the next Delegate for the region.

If selected, I will do the following:

(1) Play an active role in the World Assembly, as your Delegate, and encourage debate within the region for both Resolutions and Proposals.

(2) End the random mass ejections of nations in the region.

(3) Invite previously ejected nations to return

(4) Remove the endorsement cap.

I believe endorsement caps are primarily designed to protect the Delegate. I intend to serve only as long as I have the support of the nations in the region.

Thank you,

A Slanted Black Stripe