Greetings from Vulshain

Hello everyone. I just started NationStates, and my nation is the Confederacy of Vulshain. It’s an elective and constitutional monarchy. While the monarch has some powers, the people have many rights and freedoms. Similar to many nations of the East Pacific, it is a Vulpine nation.

Thirty-five years ago, a human named Merrill Rivers led a coup, establishing the Human Superiority Regime and proclaiming himself Presidential Viceroy. With support from the human-controlled nations of Senzitor and Ibius, Presidential Viceroy Rivers tried to establish a human-centric nation as he attempted to oppress anyone non-human. Luckily, many members of the Royal Congress and Royal Family were able to escape to neighboring nations like Hibarium and other nations that were friendly to vulpines. A resistance movement led by vulpines and enlightened humans were able to overthrow the Regime and restore the monarchy.

However, Rivers escaped. It is unknown where he is, but many believe that human-centric nations have given him asylum. Rivers is wanted by for the vile crimes he committed.

While the Regime was overthrown, many remnants of that dark time still exist, namely the Anti-Vulpine Militia and the Human Liberation Armed Movement (HLAM), both infamous terrorist human-centric organizations known for committing horrific acts on vulpines, such as shaving fur!

Vulshain is a peaceful nation with a strong technology and scientific community. While Vulshain vulpines practice Vayan Catholicism, the majority continue to follow vulpine paganism. The majority of humans practice Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and other religions, although most are Methodist Christians.

Aha, welcome to TEP! I saw you on the RMB, lol. (and wow, you’ve read about my people’s religion… I’m impressed! But yeah, the vulpines in your nation are yours to create with, so they can be whatever you want them to be, lol)

Well, actually, most nations in TEP aren’t vulpine - just the two I have (vulpine people are in the minority in some other nations, though). We have a few wolf ones (Southern Yugoslavia, Rykkovaa), and a few nations with other species altogether, but the majority is in fact human, I believe. Still, it’s cool seeing another vulpine nation!

Usually, people here http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/The_East_Pacific/index.php?showtopic=6152 of the region (which is pretty easy and painless, lol). The roleplay threads are located in about the middle of the index, and there’s also a http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/The_East_Pacific/index.php?showforum=267 we have. But please, explore around, have fun, and I hear bagels might be dangerous here… so always be on the lookout.

welcome! :slight_smile: look out for the fridge owls too!

Thank you for the welcomes. I appreciate it. I’m currently writing the factbook for Vulshain, and I should be done soon.

that sounds interesting, we shall be waiting for it. I’m sure it will be a good read. :slight_smile:

Welcome to TEP!
Lets hope your first sports RP doesn’t flop like mine did!
By the way, how do you feel about bagels?

Welcome there!

Thank you all for the welcomes. https://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/52127/1536592185.9788-smiley.gif?ttinline=true

Welcome once again :smiley:

Welcome… and erm… HEEEEELP!!! We’re under attack by owls!

Welcome to the land of madness.

Well, hello there! Be sure to claim a land in the map thread!
Also, I must say it, you have picked a bloody terrible time for roleplaying the crowning of the new king. As we also are a monarchy, I feel obligated to visit and congratulate your new king, however both ‘original’ Vulpine nations’ leaders, me, Allegheny and the official from TEE, are on delegation in Allegheny. Just wanted to say - I’m unable to respond in your thread right now, as my Prince is in delegation, I’ll make sure to write in your thread as fast as the Alleghenian Summit ends : )

Thanks!

— Begin quote from ____

Also, I must say it, you have picked a bloody terrible time for roleplaying the crowning of the new king. As we also are a monarchy, I feel obligated to visit and congratulate your new king, however both ‘original’ Vulpine nations’ leaders, me, Allegheny and the official from TEE, are on delegation in Allegheny. Just wanted to say - I’m unable to respond in your thread right now, as my Prince is in delegation, I’ll make sure to write in your thread as fast as the Alleghenian Summit ends : )

— End quote

I have to echo Smig’s dilemma here. I haven’t responded to your thread because I’ve ignored it - but because my two (three if you count our new princess) leaders are meeting in Allegheny, and Selvala… well… she’s getting her come-uppance, lol. I’ve sort of ‘bumped-up’ Ikrisia’s time frame in the SY plot to fit the RP there, so I might do the same for yours…

And if you want to know, Vekaiyu’s going to have a regime change pretty soon, lol. Still, your post was very interesting - I’m a bit excited to see how our two nations will interact with each other!

EDIT: Also, have you given any thought as to where you want to be on the TEP map?

YO! check your PM box.

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

I have to echo Smig’s dilemma here. I haven’t responded to your thread because I’ve ignored it - but because my two (three if you count our new princess) leaders are meeting in Allegheny, and Selvala… well… she’s getting her come-uppance, lol. I’ve sort of ‘bumped-up’ Ikrisia’s time frame in the SY plot to fit the RP there, so I might do the same for yours…

And if you want to know, Vekaiyu’s going to have a regime change pretty soon, lol. Still, your post was very interesting - I’m a bit excited to see how our two nations will interact with each other!

EDIT: Also, have you given any thought as to where you want to be on the TEP map?

— End quote

I’m still trying to decide. I want it between southern yugoslavia and vekayiu. I’m looking forward to see what happens.

48 would be perfect for you, then. Just ask for it in the request thread (in maps in OOC), and enjoy!