Kumiho - The Drama

I just laid my hands on Import DVDs of the KBS Drama 구미호 외전 | 디지털 KBS from what I see on a quick check… it rocks!

Expect a review at some point.

The secret Kimiho Temple…

:foxy:

Does it come with English subtitles?

Wait a minute: Didn’t a few seasons of that drama make it over to the States a while back? It sounds so familiar.

— Begin quote from ____

Does it come with English subtitles?

Wait a minute: Didn’t a few seasons of that drama make it over to the States a while back? It sounds so familiar.

— End quote

Yes it does have English subtitles…

And I don’t think it was shown in the US, it came out in South Korea in 2004.

:foxy:

Ah, so I see.

Now if that is interesting (I’ve looked at the official KBS site with the limited Korean that Dad “taught” me, and “Gumiho” (as on the KBS site) looks to me like “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” meets “Due South” meets “NYPD Blue”), then either CBS or PBS should have it dubbed into English (utilizing voice-matching technology, of course) and shown to Americans. Reminds of the old episodes of “Kung Fu” and “Kung Fu: The Legend Continues” with David Carradine.

— Begin quote from ____

Ah, so I see.

Now if that is interesting (I’ve looked at the official KBS site with the limited Korean that Dad “taught” me, and “Gumiho” (as on the KBS site) looks to me like “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” meets “Due South” meets “NYPD Blue”), then either CBS or PBS should have it dubbed into English (utilizing voice-matching technology, of course) and shown to Americans. Reminds of the old episodes of “Kung Fu” and “Kung Fu: The Legend Continues” with David Carradine.

— End quote

Yeah a little.

I however do not like the dubbing of live action stuff, it is always disconnected and somewhat annoying. Anime an other non-live action stuff dubbed is usualy ok to good because they don’t have to worry about the mouth sound disconnect problem as much.