McStooley for delegate

Ask me questions and I’ll answer. Not in a position to write out campaign until Saturday. On vacation.

Hello Stool! Got some questions for you. They may deal with things you’ll bring up in your campaign, but I think it should be fine for now.

1. You have been away from government for a very long time. At least half a year has passed since you were actively involved (at least publically), with the government. If it is true that you haven’t been active in the government, do you think this will have adverse effects on your Delegacy? Do you think you can overcome this?

2. What are your goals concerning recruitment?

3. What are your goals concerning TEP RMB and Forum roleplay? Will you promote them to residents and citizens?

4. Do you wish to change any law that has been enacted while you were away?

Thank you! I’ll be waiting to see your responses! :smiley:
I may ask more questions later!

Enjoy the rest of your vacation Stool!

Hi Zuk. Thanks for the questions.

1. I’d say my time away has made me better suited for government work. I deal with people far worse than the worst NS has to offer on a near daily basis through work. Dealing with such elements has become second nature. I also deal with most other issues a delegate would deal with. FA, News, culture, and the east pacific police are all similar to things i have to deal with every day at work.

2. Recruitment is the same I always look at it. Regular region wide messages. Either weekly or biweekly. They should mention the forums, things that have happened on note, citizens of note, whos the number one in stats, new forum members new WA members, and the such.

3. I would support all forms of RP within the region. It helps promote and expand the culture of TEP. Most residents will probably never look ar the forum, sadly, but even those active on the RMB help the region.

4. There are a few that I am not enthused by. But i will look more into them to see why they were implemented before any action is taken. One such is the Delegate not voting eith the region. They are rhe voice of the people, and their servant to the WA. I feel the delegate should vote with the region. This also answers a question i know Yuno will ask.

You also get to deal eith all of my typos. They are many when I type on mobile. Phones are too small. Everyome enjoys those! XD

For various and sundry reasons, certain areas of TEP have garnered a reputation for “toxicity”. Do you think this issue is actually present, and if so, do you have ideas on how to rectify it?

What are your priorities when it comes to foreign affairs, R/D, and Gameplay in general?

— Begin quote from ____

For various and sundry reasons, certain areas of TEP have garnered a reputation for “toxicity”. Do you think this issue is actually present, and if so, do you have ideas on how to rectify it?

What are your priorities when it comes to foreign affairs, R/D, and Gameplay in general?

— End quote

For your first question, I would say that “toxicity” isn’t the right word. Yes, things have clearly been said that were negative, even hateful at times, but I would not call it toxicity. I do not see it as an actual issue, as most of it can be taken to people being childish, or tired of nonsense. I can’t name a person who hasn’t been the cause of that, and it’s a normal part of human mental behavior. The best I can say is that we suppress hateful speech in the RMB, and everything on this subject would have to be done on a case by case basis.

When it comes to foreign affairs, I would look forward to working with all of the feeder and sinker regions, along with some of the UCRs. All treaties would have to be carefully written and read to ensure that they do not subvert the sovereignty of the East Pacific. As for R/D, the East Pacific had one of the greatest militaries in NS. It would be nice to see this come back into play. We were never strictly either a raider or defender group, working alongside both. I would like to see this come about again instead of just becoming a piler group. Gameplay is, well, gameplay. Not much can really be said about that. It just sort of does it’s own thing, and we as a region can’t control that.

To all those candidates running, good luck to all of you. Remember, we don’t do this for ourselves, but for the betterment of The East Pacific. It is our civic duty, as those chosen to lead, to lead towards greatness.

Stay Strong, TEP!

— Begin quote from ____

To all those candidates running, good luck to all of you. Remember, we don’t do this for ourselves, but for the betterment of The East Pacific. It is our civic duty, as those chosen to lead, to lead towards greatness.

Stay Strong, TEP!

— End quote

It certainly is our civic duty. For the good of TEP!

During a previous term as Delegate, you disengaged early in your term. All of us have things that happen in RL that can complicate our ability to remain in the game. And many of us tried to be sensitive to your circumstances when that happened.

As I recall, you left and in the normal course of tarting Todd became the Acting Delegate without an official notice from you. When you did speak, you said Todd should take over temporarily. This led to some contentious debate in the region as to how to proceed.

Hopefully, you never have to relive what happened in the Fall of 2016. Given all of this, are there things you have learned from that experience that would lead you to make changes in TEP’s succession structure or procedures?

(See https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/the_east_pacific/do-we-have-a-delegate-t6280.html#p159210)

First of all, thank you for the condolences. 2 years ago was a very bad time, and I would not wish what happened then onto anyone. Those issues ended up going well into 2017 also. I did honestly think that it would be a temporary leave of absence.

For your question, I would say that I am for the idea of looking into a more streamlined succession structure and procedures in case of such an event happening again. I know the suggestion has been passed around for the possibility for a Vice-Delegate, but I also know that that particular idea has also generally been looked down upon. I would look into the possibility of having a set member approved by both the Conclave and Magistrate during each election, or just a current serving vizier, chosen at election. I am also open to suggestions on what could be done to streamline this issue should it ever arise in the future with any delegate.

I am glad you asked this question. I will definitely be thinking on this topic regardless of winning the election or not, as to help whomever is elected for the good of the region.