Pollster Program

So I kind of stink at making polls all day and can’t really reliably make a poll, because I don’t really know what to poll the region for. But I do envision a position where someone, for a month, would become a Pollster for our region. This nation would regularly ask the region questions via polling on the regional page.

Here’s what the position entails:

• You get to make up polls for The East Pacific over a one-month period (or longer if no one else has asked to do it)
  • You get a fancy title (Pollster)
  • You get to buoy the opinion of every nation in The East Pacific

Some ground rules:

• You must be a citizen of the region
  • You can only use your TEP nation for this position
  • Refrain from any questionable polls, especially in the realm of tastelessness (like “favorite play whatever cover”) or using the polls to make fun of someone in the region (like, “why do viziers suck”)

I’m anticipating some interest in this initially, so end of the day today I’ll randomly pick a person to serve their one-month term. I and any future delegates reserve the right to pull a Pollster if they become inactive or if they are acting out of line.

this is a really nice job and everyone should apply <o<

Sounds interesting. I’d be interested.

Would it’d be NS/TEP specific polling or can it be a mix RL topics also?

What would we use the data for?

When would the polling position start? And what type of polling period? Daily, weekly?

Basically, on the https://www.nationstates.net/region=the_east_pacific I can promote an officer whose sole duty is setting up polls for the region. The topic and its choices are at the digression of the nation making the polls with polling periods at their digression, though I’d say the more active they are the better.

EM, I am appointing you as our first Pollster!

You’ll notice you can now make polls on the regional page. Have fun, and keep things interesting!

Awesome! I’ll have the first poll up tonight. I’m going to do a poll about every 3-4 days to maximize my polling time. It’s going to be a variety from NS to RL topics too.

Excellent! Since you’re the first, I want you to define the position. Let people know exactly what it is and have a fun go of it!

I’ve gotten a few requests my members by TG on a few poll ideas that will run over the month terms and I hope to be able to continue polling after my polling blitz to give those requests an opportunity

at some point I might be interested this after East Malaysia’s tenure is over. I will try my very best to come up with some polls if I get the position ^u^

I’d be willing to become the pollster. It’s the least I can do for now.

This looks interesting! Maybe I should sign up, too!

I’m interested in this too.

I’m interested in this too. A poll on favourite dessert would be delicious.[edit_reason]Pollandonia 3 CTE’d[/edit_reason]