PROPOSAL: Executive Sovereignty Act

Considering how important “serving” is in 4.1.1, it needs to be defined. I could easily see this being construed with joining a discord server, supporting a faction on NSGP, and so on.

I’m not sure how I feel about this bill, though I think I could see it as restrictive. I’ll ask the Elephant-in-the-Room question: what nations are putting their loyalty ahead of TEP, which is a finding outlined in 2.1.1? That thing stuck out to me a bit. I’m only in TEP so I really don’t know the current climate of GP other than it’s a quagmire, but I figured it’s worth asking.

I agree with Todd in this matter. Nations selected to serve TEP should be firstly loyal to the region and not some other entity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do support the pass of this act however small changes/fixes might be applied.

Sent from my Pirate ship using bottle mail

— Begin quote from ____

I do support the pass of this act however small changes/fixes might be applied.

Sent from my Pirate ship using bottle mail

— End quote

Can you specify?

I think that at the definitions instead of " Citizen or Resident" it shall only be " Citizen"

— Begin quote from ____

I think that at the definitions instead of " Citizen or Resident"  it shall only be " Citizen"

— End quote

Mhm. Anything else on mind? I would like to bring that proposal back to life. As soon as few others, when I am less occupied.

I think it should only be citizen but other than that its fine.

So originally, I was semi-against this proposal mainly because if the restrictions it places upon the Executive’s talent pool, one which is looking admittedly small right now.

Nonetheless, it seems that we’re finally moving forward with Minister elections, and in so far, it seems the majority of the Magisterium seems to still be for or at least willing to try the system out.

I’ll be changing my opinion to for.

The reason is that, at least in my eyes, an elected position is much harder to make vacant than an appointed on the ballot. And its easier for a Delegate to ensure some degree of loyalty to TEP when they select their candidates, but it becomes a more time consuming process to remove them if they become inactive or betray their Delegate.

Also, I just feel in my gut that an elected position should mean absolute dedication to that position. Don’t know how much my gut is worth though. ;D

Therefore, as stated above, my position for the bill is FOR.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Thank you for feedback, guys.

I will be reworking the Act. As soon as it is reworked, I will post it here.

@encurage would you be interested in reworking the Act with me? You could get some legislative experience that way.

— Begin quote from ____

Thank you for feedback, guys.

I will be reworking the Act. As soon as it is reworked, I will post it here.

@encurage would you be interested in reworking the Act with me? You could get some legislative experience that way.

— End quote

Sounds interesting