Question on WA Requirement of the Magisterium

I would like legal clarification if the WA membership requirement current imposed on Citizens that wish to join the Magisterium by the Standing Orders of the Magisterium is in compliance or a violation of the Concordant that has no WA membership requirement for citizenship. The only restriction I can find is that of Magister voting, which is in the Concordant, and which in my reading would mean they should be able to join but not vote. This is why I seek this guidance.

Article B: Legislative, Section 2 of the Concordant says that “citizens wishing to become Magisters must follow the method prescribed in the standing orders of the Magisterium”, which has a WA membership requirement and furthermore Section 16 “each time a Magister votes, they must also explicitly supply their WA nation in the same post.”

That leads me to Section 1 of Article E: Citizenship, “a Citizen of the East Pacific is a resident of the East Pacific that has ratified this Concordat.” and to Section 8 of Article F: Rights of Citizens that “each citizen shall be free to serve in any office in the East Pacific but no nation shall be granted a title of nobility by the government of the East Pacific, nor will such titles granted outside the East Pacific be favored above that of Citizen of the East Pacific.”

Can the Standing Orders of the Magisterium restrict citizens from joining the Magisterium based on WA membership if it is not a requirement for citizenship and goes against that a Citizen is free to serve in any office of the East Pacific?

If the Concordat explicitly says a function shall be as stated in another document, that other document is effectively the Concordat on that specific topic.

As long as it does not explicitly contradict another portion of the Concordat - which it does not, following a simple reading - it is allowed. Specific should trump general, and in this case it is very clear how a Magister shall apply.

If the Magisterium wanted the joining process to be role playing what sort of sweater you would wear to a cookout in October, then so be it.

added in edit
Further, a citizen if FREE to serve in any role does not mean they are ENTITLED to serve in any role. A citizen is free to become delegate, but there is a process and requirements. A citizen is free to become a vizier, but there is a process and requirements. Why would it be different for the Magisterium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbh, I have nothing to add. To avoid redundancy, I support everything Aelitia said: specifically, especially the edit.

So, anyone want to get working on that sweater proposal?

This is why Aelitia is a steely-eyed missile nation!

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Maybe E M has some ideas on that. :slightly_smiling_face:

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Maybe E M has some ideas on that. :slightly_smiling_face:

— End quote

Legend of Zelda themed, ofc.

It’s only a matter of time until TEP becomes the best legislature ever!

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk