Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Repeal “Condemn NAZI EUROPE”

A proposal to repeal a previously passed resolution

Category: Repeal

Resolution: SC#3

Proposed by: Stash Kroh

Description: WA Security Council Resolution #3: Condemn NAZI EUROPE shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The World Assembly abroad,

APPRECIATES that our hallowed halls, and nimble fingered members are united against ideologies of hate, intolerance and prejudgment;

DISAGREES NEVERTHELESS that the region, Nazi Europe, demonstrates any of the spiteful unpleasantries that are traditionally attributed to Nazism;

CERTAIN that the resolution was meant to be a blanketing, and widespread denunciation of Nazism as a whole, and not an explicit attack on the publicly condemned region in question;

REALIZES that basing opinions not on facts, and specifics but on generalizations is discriminative, and in this case, hypocritical;

Hereby repeals “Condemn NAZI EUROPE”.

I´m for this resolution, as the condemnation of a region just because of its name was plain stupidity.

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=17567 is the link to the WA forum discussion, where we see some support due to the prejudice in the condemnation, and a lot of critics that ranges from “OMG they´re nazi” to questioning if Nazi europe isn´t exagerating with their RMB campaign…

OOC: The idea that people in a region in a game are Nazis just because they call themselves Nazis is laughable.

Doesn’t really matter to me how they try to defend themselves. Nazi Europe is a pretty dumb name for a region if you aren’t one.

But talking-heads feel good when they condemn it, would you have us take that inherent pointless activity away from them?

Aside: What happened to your article-writing for the West Pacific?

Yes, I suppose invading and toppling their region would be preferable.

Article writing is still going, under an new title. Not particularly frequent however.

And perhaps we could make the point-man Jesus with a slick flag with the star of David in there.

Their founder hasn’t done anything for seven days, I doubt he is stupid enough to give the delegate controls…or is he?

You would need about 50 WA nations (delegate has 45).

I sent someone a certain message suggesting their World Factbook be updated, maybe he’ll take the bait. https://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/52127/1536592186.4266-smiley.gif?ttinline=true
edit: Here’s your answer:
— Begin quote from ____

14 minutes ago: FlagOh my Days removed FlagThe Really elite forces of Usual People In Life from the regional ban list in NAZI EUROPE.

— End quote

So it is totally possible, at least in terms of a short-term victory.

Last Decision

The resolution “Repeal “Condemn NAZI EUROPE”” was defeated 3,527 votes to 2,249.