Shiro Academy

“Sorry about that, where are my manners, my name is Jeymi or y’all can call me ‘Jey’ if ya want, I’ll answer to both. I come from The Grand Duchy of Dragonia.” ‘Jey’ explained as he offered his hand to Lily. “Lily what a lovely name, I have a sister named Lillian, but we just call her ‘Lily’, unless she’s in touble from Mother or Father, then it’s Lillian!” He jokes with a smile.

“Aksynia,” she replied abruptly. “Aksynia Ilstroviyey. From Vekaiyu.”

Vitya waited his turn while everyone introduced themselves, and spoke up with a smile - and a very obvious accent. “Vitya Travkin, Laiatanese Federation.”

“Well, it is a pleasure to meet all of you,” Lily said, “welcome to FPS. I hope your arrivals went well.” She looked around the group, and suddenly felt at a loss for words. Mentally scrambling, she thought about suggesting walking down to the lounge, but then dismissed it. Instead, she motioned out the nearest windows. “Have you guys gotten to see much of the campus yet? Maybe we could acquaint ourselves a little?”

His accent was a bit different than what she was accustomed to. Did he have some kind of speech impediment, or was that just how people talked around these parts? Packilvania continued to keep Vekaiyu from exploring southern culture, she mused. Well, that and any Lazlowia holdings. “No, I no have seen the premieres. But I wo’ love to see those grounds.” Much better.

Holding up his map of the campus, ‘Jey’ said; “I was gunna do a walk-about ta explore tha area ta get ta know tha campus. Y’all can join me ifin y’all want ta.” Pausing for a second he continued on; “what I’ve seen of tha school area so far was when I arrived, it tis a beautiful campus.”

Lily smiled. “That sounds great! Where were you thinking of going first?”

‘Jey’ pauses for a moment to ponder that question; “I rightly don’t know, I was just gunna go were ever my feet took me today. Y’all have any suggestions on were ta go?”

Aksynia paused to give proper thought. “Some-thing historical, yes? I wan’ learn more about the area.”

Lily looked around, waiting for someone more knowledgeable to respond, then suddenly realized – she probably was the most knowledgeable about this area. She had grown up in Garneldo, after all. But growing up in Garneldo did not necessarily make someone all that familiar with its most far-flung suburbs. Ramona had not ventured out to University City since middle-school, when she had a field trip to Shiro Academy.

Casting her mind back, Lily slowly recalled some of what her class had done on that trip. “Well, uh – there’s a couple things that come to mind,” she said, “we can go to the main Tilden University Administrative Building. It dates back to the old Tilden Agricultural College of the 1850s, so it’s probably about the most historical thing around here. And if I remember right, it’s right on the way to the Shiro science buildings, so we could go see them next.”

“Or,” Lily said, remembering the second stop that the school bus had taken, “we can go to the old University City Train Station. It was one of few old 1900s stations to survive the Looplite invasion, but it was abandoned in the 1960s when the city shifted the tracks. It’s a pretty cool building now – not well-preserved at all, so you can totally explore inside. It’s essentially just like it was in the '60s.”

“It’s about a 15 minute walk to the administrative building, and maybe a half hour walk to the train station. We’d want to get back from the train station before dark, though – I don’t know if you guys are aware, but university city isn’t exactly a place you want to be after dark.” She stopped herself. “Of course, Shiro itself is very safe, just not the town.”

((I hope this does not go against any of the Shiro RPs that I’ve missed. Let me know if so.))

‘Jey’ nodded and quickly agreed; “As a student of Architecture I would love ta be seein’ tha buildin’s around 'ere.” He pauses for a second, then says; “As for walkin’ about after dark, I’m not too concerned, I can take care of meself”, he stated with a quiet confidence.

((Alright. Going to go ahead and time skip, given the lack of activity. Only ‘Jey’ gave any indication of where to go, so…))

Lily Pamona studied her phone carefully as the group waited at the corner of two run-down, unmarked streets, desperately trying to figure out which way to go. Pamona had led the group of students out of Wachin Dormitory forty minutes ago, heading in the direction of the old University City Train Station. Though she had only visited the station as a child, Pamona had been confident she could find her way back, particularly since she could use her GPS for help. But her GPS was claiming that the train station was less than 100 meters ahead – when in fact, the only thing that could be seen in any direction were abandoned mansions, run-down streets, overgrown trees, and the odd abandoned office building, restaurant, or gas station.

“I, uh,” Pamona looked up at the group, most of whom were looking at her expectantly. They’d all spent the last half hour complaining to each other about the arduousness of the admissions process, the lack of coordination between the two Shiro campuses, and FPS’ absurd immigration bureaucracy. Pamona had briefly explained how mansions, five star restaurants, and elite businesses had risen up in University City in the 1960s-1980s during the tech boom. And she had explained how, after the nation opened its borders to Looplite and East Malaysian technology, the tech bust had left most of the once-posh county deserted. Several times, people had asked how far away they were, and Lily had answered confidently each time.

But now, as they stood on a sidewalk overgrown with grass next to a pothole-packed road, Pamona realized she had no idea – whatsoever – where they were. They’d left campus thirty minutes ago. And for all she knew, they’d been walking in circles. Pushing aside her social anguish at being the cause of a problem, Lily cleared her throat. “I, uh, I think we’re lost, guys. My phone…well, uh, my GPS is wrong. I don’t know where we are.” She took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves, but inside, she was freaking out. Everyone had gone back to their rooms for a bit before leaving, so as to put on appropriate shoes and clothes. As a result, it was now late afternoon, and late afternoon was soon going to turn to early evening. Lily really didn’t want to be leading the group around University County – of all places – after dark.

“Does anyone else’s phone work?”

((OoC: Since I don’t know exactly where Shiro is on a map, going to make this up as I go…))

Looking around with a slight frown, ‘Jey’ nods to himself and suddenly smiles at the group. “Nope, we not bein’ lost,” he starts, waving his arm towards the west and the setting sun he say, “If that way is bein’ West, then this way,” he points the other way, “is bein’ East and tha coast is that way,” he shrugs his shoulders and states, “we can be goin’ East to tha coast, then be goin’ South back to Shiro and the Wachin Dorm along tha shoreline, since it be over lookin’ tha Tilden Straits?”

He looks at Lily, “don’t be worrin’ luv, I be havin’ a grand ol’time, I enjoy lookin’ at tha old mansions, luvly Architecture 'ere,” he smiles at her warmly.

((Since this topic has become really inactive, I guess I’m just going to try to pick it back up.))
Van Nash walked up to the university, studying every aspect of the outer walls.
Well, this is interesting.
He looked up at the windows of the building, trying to see if he could find any signs of human activity.
Nothing.
I must be really late, then.
He jogged up to the school, as he was on the cross-country team at his academy, making it very easy for him to run long distances. He had lived in Dontdrapdatderp; a suburb of Mexregiona’s capital (and, fun fact, the two cities’ names were both the same until the larger changed their name to Dropdatderp to avoid confusion and postal mishaps) where he had learned a lot about life. He had arrived on ship, since that was the fastest way from Louisianaia to Liberty City; it was not a happy ride. Although Mexregiona has nearly a tropical climate because of warm ocean currents coming from the south, the North Pacific Ocean is a very choppy and cold ocean where rogue waves could pop out of anywhere, especially around Mexregiona and 1InfiniteLoop. Due to this, there were actually many moments when Van’s life was in peril. That being said, he was very happy to finally get to the Free Pacific States.
Van heard footsteps in the near distance, and instinctively went toward them.
That was the first time he saw his classmates.