Slight change of scenery

I hope everyone likes what I have done to the place for the month of November… :smiley:

I decided to put in place a fall/thanksgiving theme theme a couple of hours ago and what you see is what I put together with some DFD-o-meter insight :wink:

Nothing like a little something new every now and then, keeps things fresh!

BTW, I will make a few minor more mods. before the month is out since it is the start of the month…

:slight_smile: Thank you EM! I love the new look!

It looks … peaceful. In fact, I think it’s too peaceful for my brutality-filled psyche, it made me feel so … hippie. Dude.

It’s nice.

It’s better than nice…it’s done by EM!

:wink:

It’s EMazing!..

…What? It’s not that bad of a pun…

Seriously though, very nice EM, I like it.

I know I said this before…but I do really love the current background EM. It has an elegant grace to it…something I am most attracted to in art. I mean I can go into all the details…but I’ll spare you that level of my dorkiness and keep it to I really do enjoy this background.

:slight_smile:

This is indeed very beautiful, EM, great job.

I have a winter themed background if people are interested.

Also good work on the fall one, EM!

I would like to see if EM has any tricks up his sleeve for a winter theme!

DFD embraces EM’s artistic taste

:wub:

I subscrive what DFD says, lol… above all, can’t wait for snowpuppets or whatever you have in mind! :lol:

Nevermind I guess.

— Begin quote from ____

Nevermind I guess.

— End quote

“Nevermind” meaning that until someone won’t come and expressly say “Wow Todd please show it to us!” you won’t show it to us? :blink:

If no one comes up with something and posts it (look in my sig for a link) then I will have to come up with something decembery! On that note the wonderful warm colors of a background is coming down now… :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, with respect to the old winter theme, I have only a few things left from it:

• new topic / forum with a new post

• old topic / forum with no new posts

I can do the polls too like that. Also, header image used is http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu59/FxFrenikk/snowland.png

Unfortunately, the one thing I’m missing is the background with the TEP background image with the snow piled on it. I could’ve sworn I saved it, but I can’t find it on my computer, so I’m pretty sure I no longer have it :frowning:

You can use what you want, or none of it - it’s just what I have with this theme. A year ago, I asked someone in the game to make these things for TEP since I wanted to surprise you all. It was really cool when I put it up - the snow html stuff made some people have the forums load a bit slower, though, so I took that down in a few days or so, but the theme was up til about January or so. I thought it was pretty neat - TEP looked like it was in the deep freeze, lol. But now it’s a year later. I guess it feels different this year.

I also made this banner. You can use it if you want, but I got a little gung-ho with figuring out how to animate images. Won’t hurt my feelings if you don’t use it though

I figured it looks a little Charles Dickens-like.

Nice one Todd! When I saw your banner for the newspaper I was going to ask if you were going to do one for the Forum banner, but I didn’t know how hard it is do make these things and didn’t want to ask you to do more work than you already do.

One critique if I may offer it… Speaking from my personal point of view, and others may not see it this way, but when I look at the font used for “The East Pacific” it looks like it’s dripping. In my mind, dripping red letters does not conjure the most festive of thoughts, if you get my drift. Maybe they could be white? Again, others may not see it this way, maybe I’m just showing how disturbed my mind is. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s ice hanging down :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m going to see what it looks like up, tho, looks off-centered. Works for me.

EDIT:
Going green :wink: for the holidays!

— Begin quote from ____

Nice one Todd! When I saw your banner for the newspaper I was going to ask if you were going to do one for the Forum banner, but I didn’t know how hard it is do make these things and didn’t want to ask you to do more work than you already do.

One critique if I may offer it… Speaking from my personal point of view, and others may not see it this way, but when I look at the font used for “The East Pacific” it looks like it’s dripping. In my mind, dripping red letters does not conjure the most festive of thoughts, if you get my drift. Maybe they could be white? Again, others may not see it this way, maybe I’m just showing how disturbed my mind is. :stuck_out_tongue:

— End quote

It’s actually not too hard with the right amount of patience and know-how. I got a little creative once I finished the map update, so I decided to spruce up the embassy update and consequently the banner.

The font actually reminds me of a Dickins-esque font that is covered in snow. I debated on making it in red or gold, but I decided with red since it looks a bit more festive and almost, almost looks like melting red candles. Gold just didn’t look as colorful, and white would make sense, but I figured it’d be too much white in the banner. Still, if people have a problem with it it’s not that hard of a fix - I can probably fix it as long as I saved the photoshop file.

— Begin quote from ____

It’s ice hanging down :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m going to see what it looks like up, tho, looks off-centered. Works for me.

EDIT:
Going green :wink: for the holidays!

— End quote

Why thank you man. I didn’t know if this would find its way up on the forums or not, so thanks for putting it up