The Empire Comes

Christie Island, Western Shore

Wasted and drained, the Drakkengardian survivors of the Imperial attack reached a small hill, only a few miles away from the evac point set by the military.
But they had no reason to cheer… for all they found was a beach littered with corpes and burning remains of war machines.
Nearby, the submersible aircraft carrier I-1000, severely damaged after a failed attempt to set up a beachhead on the shore was locked in battle with the more numerous imperial forces.

Heinrich, already close enough to receive the GPS signal from the survivors, discussed with Vice Admiral Kotho about the possibility of a new charge…

“Heinrich, this is impossible. We bloodied their noses with the last attack, but she´ll not hold another one… We´re barely managing to stay afloat, and we´re only responding to their attacks now.”
“I know what i´m asking is madness, but look over that hill. Its our people there! They went through a enemy held island with nothing more than small arms because they believe we´ll take´em home. We can´t fail them… cough, cough.” and Heinrich spits more blood as its AC demands more of his life force to work at hightened level.
“Sorry for my cowardice nephew. I was the one who should be asking for a new charge… Not a half-dead kid with half my age. Ok men, you listened to the boss! We´ll make another landing at the shore, but this time its only to rescue our people and flee the scene.”
“It wasn´t cowardice uncle. That just means you´re a sane man… But thanks for going along with my madness a little longer. And besides, isn´t like i haven´t a plan.”

And then the I-1000 charged ahead to the shore led by Heinrich AC.

Christie Island

Beagle 5 dropped from the clouds and skimmed the water, ahead she could see a submersible,
Drakken she thought,
“Drakkengaurd warship, this is Beagle 5 do you require assistance?”
Kitsurabami stayed low, her protoculture cells were fine, she could do this all day.

“Beagle 5. This is the I-1000, we do require your assistance. We have to provide a safe corridor to a retreating group that is still a few miles east of the beach.” said Kotho, relieved to see a friendly dot on his radar for a change.

From the lead AC, a large black humanoid mecha bearing the Von Drakken family crest, came another communication.
“Beagle 5, this is uhm… Dragon 1. Enemy forces from the east are closing on the survivors. I´ll boost through the enemy fighters and protect their position. Please cover me. When i get to the survivors, drop below 2000 feets ASAP. I have a surprise ready…”
“I-1000. Full spead ahead to beach. Once there drop the marines and grant the survivors safe passage. When they´re inside the ship, go back to our waters as fast as possible.”.

Without warning Kotho, who would argue against it, two plates opened on Heinrich AC´s back revealing additional boosters that sent the machine flying fast enough to cut through the enemy fire with only minor damage, but now they are on its back…

“Afficmative Dragon 1.”
Kitsurabami grabs the lever to her Left and thumbs the lock then slides it foreward, as she does her Valkyrie begins to shift to gaurdian mode, and thoches down by the Lead Mech.
“Shall we comrade?” she asks

— Begin quote from ____

Without warning Kotho, who would argue against it, two plates opened on Heinrich AC´s back revealing additional boosters that sent the machine flying fast enough to cut through the enemy fire with only minor damage, but now they are on its back…

— End quote

“nice” says Kitty as she again lifts off flying into the enemy forces , , ,

After going through the enemy planes, Heinrich answered Beagle 5 comm in a tired voice.
“Sorry. No time to wait. Get them.”

Although most enemies stayed attacking the ship, there was enough of them to pursue Heinrich. Unwilling to lead them to the survivors, he turned off the extra boosters, which caused a enemy missile to catch up… But it was planned. By sacrificing his AC side-shield, he managed to avoid most of the damage and, hidden by the explosion, launched a missile of his own, which split itself in 4, blasting a few surprised attackers.

“They´re yours now.” After this, Heinrich turned once more, boosted to the hill and nearly crashed while landing, as he was already getting dizzy from the energy drain.

at Dragon 1s urging Kitsurabami decided to show off a bit,
she shoved the lever forward again, completing the transformation into full batteloid form her Valkyrie towering over the enemies.
she loosed her carbine at a incoming missle, the leg panels opening to release their missles, not ac machines, Kitsurabami was aiming them at the enemy troops,

overhead a storm began to brew.

kandarin

Hikaru had been alone before, when he was young, in his home universe, and now he felt most alone, he walked through the wastes not sure of direction, stepping ocassionally for water, his reflection was a stranger, some man half civilised but not, he thought of the middleeasterners, they looked like him, , no he looked like them.
He sat on a rock near the stream and pondered.

Perhaps They were right, they had not the armies we had, but they fought for what tehy believed, I have not the armies not the Battlestars at my behest , , but I have faith and a belief, , Amaterasu Okamisama, , ,

Despite the coming storm, the survivors morale rose as they recognized their president AC, standing between them and the advancing troops. Before Heinrich could act, their enemy first wave was wiped out by Kitsurabami missiles.

She protected my people before herself thought Heinrich, that said in the commset to Beagle 5: “I´m in your debt, brave pilot. Now please get below 2000 feets, so i can show them my surprise.”

Then he sent an order: “Stonehenge, aim above my signal and start the countdown.” and fired another multi-missile at Beagle 5 nearer enemies to open a “window” for her dive.

Drakkengard, near Imperia

A circle of building sized linear gun start moving their barrels in Christie Island direction while a countdown starts “10…9…”

Deet Deet the cabin alarm sounded indicating the incomisg missle,
Kitty jerked the lever back, her Valkyrie cut its engines and dropped shifting to Plane and she gunned it. Streaking toward the enemy armor her main cannon, formerly the mecha’s gun, spat electric death upon the enemies.
inside Heinrich could hear, her muttering "Brew storm, Lightning come, , "

“…2…1…0…”

And the giant guns fired, sending their explosive rounds at absurd speed to Christie Island western shore. Nearby, a deafning sound and a blackout were the consequences of the massive shots

Moments later

While taking an adrenaline shot to keep fighting, Heinrich heard Kitty and asked
“Beagle 5, what is the meaning of… Beagle 5!”

And the shells from Stonehenge exploded over the beach, blasting most imperial fighters and crashing the rest with the massive shockwave. Beagle 5 escaped unharmed, her altitude… 1999 feets.

“What a woman…” said a relieved Heinrich. And as the fighters stopped to fall, he adressed to his people. “My people, i know you did much, and i couldn´t be more proud of you. But i must ask you a final effort, run to the shore with all strength you have left, because that ship…” His AC point to the I-1000, landing on the beach “…you take you home.”

Cheering, the survivors started going down the hill. But the second wave of enemies was near, and Heinrich, after seeing the last of the survivors out of the hilltop, received a direct hit on the his AC back, which is now kneeling, with flames and smoke on its back.

Kitsurabami flew back to the location of Dragon 1, again shifting her valkyrie to mecha mode she landed by Heinrich, taking up her gun and loking for threats as the soldiers rushed by.
“Comrade, what is the status of your mecha? would you like me to assist you in getting back to the ship?”

Heinrich wanted to rest… But he knew his people would rush to him if they thought he was defeated, and this would be their end…

Screaming “Cowards!” since his enemies shot him in the back, he turns his AC to them and start firing, melting men and machine with his beam rifle.

As Kitsurabami questioned him, he spoke:

“Hull integrity still over half, but i lost my boosters… And thank you, but i would like you to assist me in keeping them from my people as they leave. I´ll make a run for it after they´re safe.”

“By your Command comrade!”
Kitsurabami turns her attention to the Imperial troops behind her new allies,
the wings on her valkyrie pivot to the up position, as she steps foreward, cannon firing,

On the shore, the marines gathered the survivors inside the I-1000. After a few tense minutes, Admiral Kotho said to Heinrich over the comlink

“All of them are safe inside, we´re only waiting for you now.”
“Then don´t. Full speed to Drakkengard now.”
“We´ll not leave you behind!”
“I´ll catch you. Even without boosters, i´m still faster than a ship that large. Trust me.”
“Your father will never forgive me if i let you die… But you´re our leader now. I´ll do as ordered.”

And the I-1000 started to move west

On the hill Heinrich spoke to Kitsurabami again.
“It was a honor fighting by your side. Know that if you ever go to my country, you shall receive the welcome of a hero. Now please go, for i won´t leave you behind in the battlefield.”

Kitlurabami nods her valkyries head, “Thank you comrade, you will have my aide so losg as my protoculture cells hold a charge.”

she lifts into the air, and salutes Dragon 1, “Till our swords again taste our enemies blood.” the valkyrie shifts back into jet mode and turns north toward home.

Cupertino
Rahl walked among the lined up Neko, in various states of undress, he carried a photograph in one hand and a riding crop in the other, occassionally he would glance at the photo and one of the girls, using the riding crop to move her face a bit,

“De’Sus, aro you sure she is still here on the planet?” he bellowed
“My Leige I am sure of it,” said the mousey man, as he scurried up to a relpectable distance and bowed his head, “there were no stray ships allowed to take off from the area she lived in,”
“Are you completely sure of it, , you are not trying to cover for yourself after your promises, did one of your well calculated Atomics perhaps send her to her maker?”
“No my Leige, she is here, I assure you!” cowered De’Sus
his hand had dropped a bit and one of the Neko saw the picture and recognized it, her cousin, Nei!
Kurumi shook with terror, they were looking for her cousin, ,
Rahl turned to the group, “You subhumans all look alike to me do you know that?”
a few turned to look at him, aand De’Sus was sharp to his duty
“DO NOT LOOK DIRECTLY AT HIS LORDSHIP!, Filthy animals” he shouted
Rahl chuckled, De’Sus so loved his work, , he would be in need of a blade soon, too smart and loyal that one.
“As I was saying before you animals so rudely intrupted me, one of you is pictured in this photo, your name is Nei Motenai, and I want you to reveal yourself , do so and the rest of your sister animals may go.”
he stood back and waited,
Kurumi shivvered They wanted Nei badly, , why though, , No matter she shared genetic material with Nei,
“I am Nei Motenai.” she meekly said,
“What?” asked Rahl,
“I am Nei Lordship, I surrender myself to you, please let my sisters go.”
Rahl bent over his armor making odd squeeking sounds as the plates rubbed each other, the photo was not as clear as he would have liked, had she been imobilized or a few minutes when it was taken, We must find some of the IL camera tech to upgrade our own camera.
his hand darted out and he seized Kurumi by the neck and lifted her as a mother would luft a kitten buy the nape,
“You are mine now Kitten.” he said
“De’Sus, Let the rest of them go, , to the officers quarters, distribute them to the Captians and Knights,”
“My Lord!” chimed De’Sus with a smart salute,
“But De’Sus, if I find a single strand of their fur on you, , you will taste my personal blade, , do you understand?”

De’Sus nodded, "Yes my leige, " his men began herding the Neko toward the Officers quarters, “You kitten will be my plaything, you may have value someday so fear not you will not be hurt, , , Much.”

Lazlow was in his uniform. Not a good sign. He was speaking to the members of the party on a convention held at Örjöng.

“Comrades, as you all well know, almost one month ago the so-called-Empire attacked this region, mainly the country of Loop, spreading death and destruction. These imperialist invaders have destroyed and ancient land and now the hungry beast looks for more. If we don’t act, we will be the next on their list. They will kill everyone, who does not fit their standards, who does not bow before their so-called-empress, who stand on the side of the people and communism. We have seen this before. And we will not tolerate this any longer.This will stop here!”

Lazlow pounded the desk. A rare sight indeed. Lazlow loosing his temper.

“So, our troops will go whereever they are needed. They will go to Loop, to fight against these nazis. For the day will come, when we can continue on the road of peace and communism, but until then we must take the road of war. But we and our allies will win, becouse imperialism can never defeat the freedom of the people. I close my speech with the words of Churchill: <You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.>”

A hugh burst of applauds and cheers filled the room. The people was behind Lazlow. Now it was time for the soldiers to act.

After Kitsurabami left the hill, the exausted Heinrich lost consciousness… Only to waken moments later by his uncle screaming at the comset, over the sound of gunfire targeted at the imobile AC.

“Heinrich, Heinrich! Turn off those damned devices! It will bleed you to death if you continue! That´s if the empire doesn´t kill you first.”
“Uncle… I… How are the survivors?”
“They´re fine, but most are asking us to turn back and rescue you now…”
“Heh, guess i´ll leave my heroic death for later then. Keep on course and clear the deck. I´ll use my damged boosters to rocket myself in your direction and crashland on the ship.”
“This is impossible…”
“Not with the orbs.”
“… We´re waiting for you.”

Heinrich then launched all the remaining solid ammunition at the remaining enemies and, during the explosions, ran to the shore activating his damaged boosted, with melted with the effort but generated enough thrust to put his AC over the I-1000. After the crash, medical and repair crews crowded the AC, and rescued its pilot from the smoking remains, among the sounds of cheer.