The Empire has Resigned

Greetings to all of The East Pacific,

At the end of their reign of terror Lady Phedre and Lord Rahl (Biyah) did the following:

(1) They ejected several nations edorsing ASBS or Dannistaan

(2) Lady Phedre resigned from the WA.

(3) This created a free-for-all of nations coming and endorsing in The East Pacific.

(4) Just before the update, Lady Phedre banned and ejected several more nations, even though she had resigned. Apparently, she still had access to regional control.

What to do now …

(1) Endorse both A Slanted Black Stripe and Dannistaan. Consider Dannistaan, the Vice Delegate until we get a more formal structure in place.

(2) Be mindul of invaders, raiders, etc.

(3) If you want to help with the new government, post your interest here, on www.TheEastPacific.com.

Thanks

The Empire has lost. Phedre chose to end it, but only when her defeat was pretty near inevitable. Her earlier banning spree had turned opinion against her, and woken the sleeping giant that was the TEP community.

Biyah (Lord Rahl) once said of us “None of you have the ability to take back the region, and none of you have the brains god gave a pea to see that simple fact.”

The fact is, nothing in NS is beyond those who have the balls and the commitment. Congratulation are due to everyone who helped win the war.

But now we have a harder task. TEP once lapsed into inactivity and vulnerability. If the same thing happens again, then a lot of the jibes of the Empire will be shown to have been true. And they will still be around to say “I told you so.”

We won the war. Now we need to win the peace. We have a rough and ready tribal government which suited us well in exile. It will give us a start as we rebuild the region now.

At the moment, Loop, East Malaysia and I are elders. I was asked to be an elders because of my experience in feeder warfare. If wanted, I will happily step down as an Elder. This has never been about personal power or influence.

However, I would suggest that ASBS and Dannistaan are made Elders, and that together we work to build TEP.

But for everyone … activity is the key to success. I am committed to TEP now, and see it as a home. I hope you are too.

If you need any help regarding activity, feel free to let me know. I have some free time and wouldn’t mind doing that. Heck, I just finished TSP’s wiki!

Ah, I forgot about this guy: https://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/52127/1536592185.9788-smiley.gif?ttinline=true

— Begin quote from ____

But now we have a harder task. TEP once lapsed into inactivity and vulnerability. If the same thing happens again, then a lot of the jibes of the Empire will be shown to have been true. And they will still be around to say “I told you so.”

— End quote

That may be so. But there were two powerful weapons we have that they didn’t.

Freedom and Time.

The freedom to decide our own fate. At least when the region lapsed into inactivity, it was through our own volition and no one elses. What the Empire tried to do was to swim against the current in the hopes of turning it. For a while, it almost worked. For a while you could see their argument. But what fell them was their own autocracy and arrogance.

Also, history has shown that time never sides with any empire. The Romans, the Byzantines, the Ottomans, the British, the Nazis, the Soviets. They all ultimately ran out of momentum and could not sustain themselves. All empires, regardless of what they are called, eventually crumble to dust. The Empire here is but nothing more than the latest casualty of that immutable fact.

As Flem warns however, we are now on top of the pile and it is all too easy for someone else to knock us down. We got to win the trust of the people and rebuild the democratic rights once set up by our predecessors. Time will always run against us so we must do what can to keep fighting for our rights. Our freedoms. We did not go through several wars for nothing. Let us step forward together and lead the region fairly and openly. And let us also remember the sacrifices made, for those who made those sacrifices are the ones we have to thank for what has happened.

I would be honoured to help rebuild the TEP and take whatever position that you, the ordinary fellow nations choose to bestow upon me. I will treat it as a privilege, not a right, to help in the new administration. The rights only belong to the people, and I will respect that.

It’s definitely time for coalition building. We need to have a top bunch of people who have ALL the WA nations in TEP endorsing them, whether those top people can endorse back or not (due to the cap…is that something we want to consider looking at? I know nothing about the larger mechanics of the game).

In some ways, this is closing the barn door after the horses escape, but what a lot of non-farmers don’t realize about that cliche is that the horses come come because the barn is where it’s warm and safe with a steady supply of food. :slight_smile: That, to me, is what TEP is.

IMO, as an originator realm, TEP has an obligation to have a certain amount of safety for those who just want to experiment with nation building without ending up tossed in the drink, or have someone steer them towards a realm where that can happen.

So, it’s time to make sure this kind of mess doesn’t happen again. Forward, not backwards. No browbeating about what we should have bone long ago. The two (insert your favorite uncomplimentary name here) are gone, and their threats non-withstanding, probably won’t be back. Let’s make sure the next wanna-be’s don’t take us for another ride like this.

I wanted to post my congrats here since I already expressed those sentiments to the Delegate. So congrats! lol

Good luck in getting the government in order.

If I may suggest, many have helped this region out during this time…but I suggest you keep those friends but outsiders out of the governments affairs until after the dust has settled and things are operating in regular fashion. This will solidify the governments ligitamacy. It will also make sure that you start with a clean slate and that you do not owe anyone anything.

You are The East Pacific a feeder in NationStates…don’t let anyone influence how you govern!

P.S. I registered #TEP and #the_east_pacific on IRC to ensure that none of your enemies control those rooms…Eluvatar owns the other channel…I will transfer ownership to Loop if he gets on or if you even choose to use IRC…I am sure Elu will do the same.

I’m still a bit new at feeder dealings (been a userite for a long time before I moved over to feederville a year ago), but I think I like Nylter’s comment about having a coalition of 3-4 trustworthy nations “backing up” the delegate in case (a) there’s a takeover and (b) a delegate goes nuts and needs to be removed. Plus, if those 3-4 nations remain active and activity keeps up, I think it could be something special here.

And more of this guy too https://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/52127/1536592185.9788-smiley.gif?ttinline=true

My only caution is that Phedre and Biyah haven’t left, really. They have puppet nations in The East Pacific. And they will continue to make new ones. It’s their idea of fun.

Vigilance and security will need to be part of any future democratic regional government.

— Begin quote from ____

My only caution is that Phedre and Biyah haven’t left, really. They have puppet nations in The East Pacific. And they will continue to make new ones. It’s their idea of fun.

Vigilance and security will need to be part of any future democratic regional government.

— End quote

My guess would be to watch for WA switchers - I’d assume with both their WA nations now back in puppet-mode, there could be switchers active.

— Begin quote from ____

It’s definitely time for coalition building. We need to have a top bunch of people who have ALL the WA nations in TEP endorsing them, whether those top people can endorse back or not (due to the cap…is that something we want to consider looking at? I know nothing about the larger mechanics of the game).

So, it’s time to make sure this kind of mess doesn’t happen again. Forward, not backwards. No browbeating about what we should have bone long ago. The two (insert your favorite uncomplimentary name here) are gone, and their threats non-withstanding, probably won’t be back. Let’s make sure the next wanna-be’s don’t take us for another ride like this.

— End quote

I think Nylter expressed my own views on the current situation quite well, im happy we got rid of the empire but i think we need to stay vigilante to make sure this does not happen again a coalition sounds like a good idea.

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Indeed.

You have the support of the NPA as you move forward.

My 2 currency-of-choice on this matter:

I agree that an active RMB is a must. It -is- pretty annoying to log on and see only recruit spam on the RMB. I will try to help with that when im online :slight_smile:

Other than that: i have never really been involved in region-running before. ( i was pretty much content to just let my nation grow,before all this “empire” nonsense happend.) So if there is anything i can help with here,tell me and ill figure out if i can find the time :slight_smile:

Also a thanks from me to all those who ended up getting involved here. It was really nice to see people pull together around a common cause :slight_smile:

Err.yes.thats it i suppose :slight_smile:

Already Tisaphone or however you spell it is going on about one mistake in ASBS’s TG to the nations.

ASBS, you may want to remove the bit about the endo cap from it.

It’s really good to see TEP back in normal hands again and increased activity being the result. I hope this activity is sustained. The proposed treaty between TWP and TEP failed because the majority of those who voted couldn’t and wouldn’t trust Biyah as far as they could throw him! I stated that I would only vote for the treaty if Biyah was tied to a spit and basted in boiling oil…even then I would check to see if I still had all my fingers left! He had threatened TWP more than once and he had caused a lot of unnecessary grief. He is completely untrustworthy must surely have and realized, at-last, that he was on borrowed…more like stolen time!

TWEEDY!
Long time no see how is all with you?
I kinda pitey Biyah the ADN did bad things to his psyche and gameplay ability. but this isnt about him it is good to see your here, and I love the avatar.

I’m fine thanks, Loop! Yes, it’s been a long time and we’re all getting that much older - some much older than others! :smiley: Let-us hope that Biyah was a wake-up call to everyone that lack of activity in any type of maintenance (including self-maintenance in RL) can cause undesirable consequences! I’ve still got my graphics forum with 170 members - not all active, of course! And a valuable agent called Kevin…but it’s been a bit slack very recently because I have been involved in serious RL activities like illness and bereavement. Hopefully everything will improve for everybody in 2009…well, you have to hope, don’t you? :slight_smile: Regards, Tweedy

I remember your graphics! I still see them around, naturally. They are completely awesome!

hay feel free to get involved here, we would love to have ya back.

— Begin quote from ____

My guess would be to watch for WA switchers - I’d assume with both their WA nations now back in puppet-mode, there could be switchers active.

— End quote

I would also take particular heed to those who have in RL a lot of spare time on their hands - not actually doing anything, but watching over or taking care of something with access to a computer almost 24:7…as in their day/night job, for example, or even at home. Do the previous culprits fit into this mould? They may have resigned for a good reason - maybe it took too-much of their time and became increasingly stressful…particularly for one of them. The other-one, although they tried to soldier-on, knew that they had limited talent to carry-on on their own even though they hoped that their bluster would hold the day. But, tiredness - particularly if you have family responsibilities or work responsibilities can wear the best of us…and the worst of us…down. :unsure: