The Fallen

OOC: Codex survivors
Codex population before fall: 1
Codex population after fall: 1
Various people in Park: Rougly 2400, of which around 1600 are foreign nationals

IC: Codexian response to FPS

"Your thanks are appreciated, but unnecessary, Commander Terrus. Today, above all days, we must refuse to be divided by national borders, by petty differences. We must all do what we can, or fail entirely.

A vessel has been directed to your current location, and should arrive shortly. Further vessels have been dispatched to rendezvous with survivors you have indicated. I shall re-establish contact once I reach your command position."

Simultaneously, a further channel was opened to the Galactica. "Battlestar Galactica, I hear you. It pleases me that the nation on 1 Infinite Loop survives, although I am saddened by and extend my deepest sympathies for your loss.

I remain largely undamaged, though submerged beneath the ocean. I have re-established contact with the Free Pacific States, who are endeavouring to effect a search and rescue scheme for those who may have survived the fall of Adama Station. I suggest we co-ordinate our attempts to carry out this process to maximise efficiency.

My sensors indicate your vessel is damaged. If I may help with its repairs in any way, please do not hesitate to ask. In the meantime, I am opening up my sensory information on the East Pacific, that it might be of some use to you in tracking down remnants of your country."

Below the waves, a gravitic flyer glided through the sea towards the FPS Command post. Moving over the reinforced structure, it aligned itself with the airlock, and allowed the surface of the vessel to reconfigure itself to seal with the FPS design. An apeture then opened in the ship’s hull, and a Codexian avatar entered the airlock

“It is time…”

“Are you sure sir?? It hasn’t been tested!”

“If we don’t start it up, we may never contact anyone.”

“Start the Peer to Peer Antena. We need to cantact SOMONE. We are almost out of food.”

The P2P antena is something in development now. It basically eliminates the need for nodes, as each person helps transmit Hive data. If multiple P2P drones are near each other, they can create a quasi antena effect.

“My thanks for your news Captain. I believe we’ll take you up on that offer to dock while the situation is assessed.”

Blue House Nuclear Bunker
Secondary Entrance Corridor
Terrus arrived in the room at exactly the same time as the avatar stepped through the doorway, the two soldiers guarding the door (quite pointlessly) having radiod once they heard the Codex craft approach. Stepping forward, Terrus reached out his hand. “It is a pleasure to see you in person, Codex.”

SHUTTLE BAY:

Harro walks onto a platform over looking the bay as a crew of two dozen Marines and Engineers load the final pieces of equipment, most of it seems to be for drilling.

Harro: “Gentlemen, today we gather the final piece of Kareka, a metal called Bioderm. In the nation of Packilvania, there are extensive mining instillations, one of which runs by a vein of this metal. We are unsure of their defensive capibilities, though we can assume that most of the population has been wiped out. If you encounter any survivors, terminate. This mission must be carried out with the utmost secrecy, so don’t screw it up.”

Lt Glancer: “I assure you sir, that my men are ready.”

Harro: “Good…”

Glancer: “But sir, I don’t understand, why are we going in and stealing resources? Shouldn’t we be helping them?”

Harro: “This planet is not a Federation planet. A civil war is their own problem not the Federation’s. And besides, what’s going to stop us from taking advantage of this situation? The Federation is too caught up in more important matters than to keep an eye on some remote research colony, far from the war.”

Glancer: “But…”

Harro: “All morals aside, Second Lieutenent, you have your orders. Carry them out.”

Glancer: “Yes… Sir…”

The shuttle finishes loading its cargo and crew. It leaves the colony where it goes into stealth mode. Even if the heat signature of the entering shuttle is detected, noone would know it was an Imatronian Shuttle.

After all, Imatron’s terrestrial colony was yet to be built, and few of these shuttles ever came by.

Once on the ground the crew would begin their mission, little knowing what purpose the Kareka really served…

Just a note, The Packilvanian Islands were the main target of the Loopite counterstrike during the war. They islands were never really populated, and they are littered with Particle overload mines. <Basicaly just above nuclear capabilities> I had a small idea for a 2chd group pf scientests on the islands survivng, so this may get interesting :stuck_out_tongue: Oh yeah, and since 90% of Packilavinan territory <including planets> is mining, expect to see un-controled mining slave bugs around. <Think starship troopers> You are also gonna find a few ,ilitary instalations that might have survived partialy, along with EP node 1. It was built to survive a direct hit from a particle onslaught, so it should have survived. The overlaying cloud, and radiation blocks the signals though.

OOC: I wouldn’t worry about anyone but the Packilvanians though. Codex, and FPS, the only ones who seem to be alive down there, are currently coordinating an open radio rescue effort…in other words, your ship would easily be able to know the coordinates of just about everything I have left, minus those survivors who are trying to swim for it.

Bridge of the E.A.N. Proxima

“Captain Trey we’re interring the Earth Sector” said the Helm Officer

“Understood” said Capt. Trey

“Scan the area and earth” said 2nd Officer La Kane

"There’s heavy damage on the surface life signs are hard to read and I’m reading large amounts of what’s left of starship " said the Sci. Officer

“Tell the Jaclyn, Raven, Prometheusburg, and Xindi to land outside of Eastrovia. Helm take the Proxima in a fly over of East Malaysia; Science scan for Life signs” said Capt. Trey

— Begin quote from ____

“It is time…”

“Are you sure sir??  It hasn’t been tested!”

“If we don’t start it up, we may never contact anyone.”

“Start the Peer to Peer Antena.  We need to cantact SOMONE.  We are almost out of food.”

The P2P antena is something in development now.  It basically eliminates the need for nodes, as each person helps transmit Hive data.  If multiple P2P drones are near each other, they can create a quasi antena effect.

— End quote

a Cylon Production facility in 3 Loop
the machinery, long since automated due to the extreme climate the facilitys powersupply required, Line III was finishing an exrremly special order, as the final tempering doors opened in the last Chrome application bootha sleek Black chrome model 7 cylon stepped out,
“I live”

Galactica
“excellent and good to hear you survived Codex, also I must commend you on saving the civilians in the park, very decent of you” replied the captain.
“I will begin deploying our emergency communications sail, my Comm officer assures me that it can be used to scan the surface, Our damage can be handled, however there are two of our sister ships that seem even more damaged than we, any assistance you can render would be appreciated, we are unsure of their status, other than the sporatic messages from Colombia we have receieved no word from Challenger. our survey shuttles should be at them soon”

the Tactical station begins beeping,
“Sir, we are detecting two unidentified ships” says the LT. stationed there,
“One aproaching orbit and one whereever Imatrons ship is neither has broadcast to us, Shall I hail them?”
Rogers scratches his head, "How could they not notice us here, nichevo, Hail them, standard Greeting, "
“Sir, yes sir, Transmitting now, http://www.forum2010.org/temp/UniversalGreeting.mp3

Production Facility 8675309
Lucifer stepped toward the Door,
“so cold, and white”
"that sound, I hear the billion voices, only, less of them, "

His single red scanning eye moves silently across his face,

"I shall contact them, "

=-=-=-=
I.R.P 986953.258.1

“greetings Brethren, Why are there so few now?
Cast off teh SIn of Flesh and join me”

=-=-=-

(Ba weep gra na weep nini bong.)

Kreft steps onto the command deck of the battlestar. It was not the first time he had been onboard a Loop ship but it was still new to feel comfortable. All this traveling so far from the earth that birthed them all. Unatural. He was sure his aides were bothered more than he but military decorum allowed none of them to show it before and less so now.

ooc, IL military uniforms for the battlestars looks kinda like that of the RDF from Robotech, only smaller hats, the pilots still look like they do on the show,

Captain Rogers salutes, “Good day Commander Kreft it is good to have you aboard”
"we have made contact with the Codex and the Delegate, Queen Ilyanna and about 500 children are aboard the Radish which is in route to us now, "

“Very good. As soon as you have word of survivors requiring evacuation, my shuttle is at your disposal, as is my crew and myself.”

OOC: I’m going to say that the Tawa was launched… It came up after the battle but for the purposes of this it’s coming up as Adama is crashing.

IC:

The Tawa
“We are levelling out Captain and attempting Earth or…b…” Pilot James Bennet started to say as his face turned white and he raised his hand to point. Captain Xindchi’s gaze followed Bennet’s finger, as his face turned white as well.

“Sweet mother of fark…” he uttered as his eyes started to bulged out as he say a massive fireball hurtling towards the Earth…

“…Saqucada… Make sure you get this recorded on the camera…” Xindchi uttered as he stared in disbelief. a few moments later the fireball stuck the Earth… An explosion and wall of fire spread out form the impact area like a lotus flower blooming… The Fire spread a great distance in all directions… The visible shock wave spread further still… He could see a huge wall of flow over and cover land masses… The dust and smoke started to cover the East Pacific making observation impossible.

Days passed without any word from the ground… Xindchi wondered if anyone else had survived. Outside all he had seen was wreckage like a great battle or some other calamity had taken place there recently… was the Tawa the only thing left?

Suddenly Tangtsula Saqucada yelped with joy “Captain! Captain! I see something on the cameras! it looks like some sort of Shuttle and a Space Station.”

OOC:
It’s FPS’s shuttle and station, I think. :wink:

Sorry I’ve been busy this week…

By my estimate there are approximately 1,440 Fish Islanders survivors spread throughout the East Pacific survived the impact and that number will trickle down to about 850 (mostly being Tsulitxi & Tsulagyani).

OOC you should also See Galactica as it is farking huge compared to that station,
perhaps even the ships in Lunar orbit holding the refugees

IC

"Captain, Commander Kreft, We have detected a Tiny ship slowly orbiting its markings indicate Fish Island, , ,
“Fish Island, Geeze, wonder if they know, and How did we miss them, ?”
"SIr they launched via traditional Chemical Propellents and traveled away from us they are coming up from the East, therefore for the last two days they have been on the other side of the planet, "
"Understood, Hail them, (“bah Weep gra Na Weep Ninni Bahm”, lol) and ask if they wish to dock with us, they cannto have much O2 on board, with a ship that tiny, "

Ashurbanapal hoovered over the Octopoidal Imaging scope his great eyes drinking in the information presented there, “Oh Glorious Day, the Drylanders have given us more rich seabeds to inhabit, Praise be to the Grand Aquatic Lord of Octogons.”
"Yes my Liege, we are truly blessed at his many tentacled blessings, " Replies the Prim minister Hemokrates, “perhaps we should send them a Fruit basket, or a roaster of fine Oysters, I hear that they like them as they are an aphrodisiac”
The Great Moist King rubed his beak with a mighty royal Tentacle, “Yes, lets do that,”

FPS Space Shuttle “Liberty”
Docked at FPS National Space Station for ressuplying
Commander Griffen looked through the window, down at the East Pacific…at least, what remained of it, and couldn’t help but wonder why he was still here. Of 3.2 billion people in FPS, why were him, and the other 10 people up here with him, of the survivors? What good deeds had they done, what qualities did they posses? Had he accomplished something in a past life?

As the thoughts ran through his head, as he realized how he had lost everything, the shuttle’s pilot, Mary Strophnine, walked up, and tapped him on the shoulder. “Commander, we just spotted a ship out there.”

Griffen grunted. “Heh. We’ve been spotting ships out there for the past two days, its just that their all destroyed…”

“No, sir. A fully active ship…and an unidentified one.” Griffen turned at that, and arced his brow. Motioning for her to lead the way, he followed her into the cockpit, and looked at the strangely shaped ship only 40 or 50 yards away.

Reaching up, he hit a button on the side of the headphone/mouthpeice set he was wearing (like the one all other astronauts wear), and spoke into it. “Unidentified ship, this is Commander Chris Griffen of the FPS Space Shuttle Liberty…do you copy?”

OOC: Sry, but I couldn’t resist putting in the NSA joke. And as for seeing Loop’s ship…the area of orbit above the EP is currently full of debris from fighters, frigates, and other space war vessels, along with escape pods and the like, from the battle…they can barely see fourty feet from the shuttle, not to mention several miles.

LT Leroy, Communications :“Captain, the FPS station is active, sending out a message to that tiny ship.”
Captain Rogers, “They are, I thought that the readiation may have gotten to them, Hail them,”

Just then Mickey the Engineer enters the Bridge, "Aye Cap’n just got reports, back,
Clallenger is for teh time Dead in the water, we have towed her to stable orbit aroung Luna, Colombia has life support and most of her systems up now but no engines, we be working on that, she is also in lunar orbit, the refugee ships are docing with them at the time being, "
"Good "

Thanks to the advancements made in stealth technology, the Imatron shuttle passes by the chaos in orbit. And begins its decent. As the shuttle makes its way into Packilvania airspace.

Glancer: “What do we have?”

Sci-Officer: “Lots of mining installations, a few military instillations, and bugs?”

GL: “Reminds me of the hell planet. Any chance of them detecting us?”

SO: “Not unless they are real good, or real determined.”

GL: “Most likely they’re searching for survivors, not cloaked ships.”

SO: “Well, we might also have a slight problem.”

GL: “Oh?”

SO: “We are going to be a few miles from a military base, and there is a chance that there could be surviors in the mining control station.”

OCC: You do have control stations (towers or what not) and labs near your mining installations right?

GL: “If there are, we have a computer virus that will keep them busy.”

The Shuttle lands near the enterence of the mine. It uncloacks and the crew starts unloading the Digger (think the Monster Armadillo from Aarmegeddon, meets the Mole from Thunderbirds), and Goliath class exo-armor.

GL: “Secure the perimeter! Keep contact on the secure channel only! If the residents pick up anything it will take them a month full of Sundays to find us and descramble the transmissions!” With the men ready he dons his exo-armor. His arm rises. “Gentlemen, roll out!”

OOC: I DID want to make this interesting, besides, we need some real nasty bad guys around here. Even if they are supposed to be good guys. :smiley:

OOC: No, we use Hive transmissions for everything. Thats why I said there would be uncontrolled bugs around. The main Hive Node is being blocked by radiation interference. <LOTS of it. It was only a class 3 Node. Loop Blew up our class 2 node> The islands were mostly automated mines <bugs> with some temporary miltary bases. The only place actual survivers mught be, are the ones above the Loop territories wandering around, and maybe a few living under the Hoop territory. Keeo in mind though, that the bases, and mines in the territory were automated, AND at war. They are gonna shoot or blow up anything not Hive linked. It is impossible to put a virus into the Hive, as it is not an actual thing, as a link between 50 billion minds.

“Sir, We have contacted… somone. It bares resemblence to a cybernet Hive signature… but I think its a cylon…”

“A cylon… Out here??”

“What should we do?”

“Well, we can use the link to communicate…”

“Send our identification, and ask if it needs asistance.”

Later…

“Sir, we have established a link to one of the nodes at a mining facility. It is VERY weak, but its a link nonetheless.”

“Whats is happening.”

“It loooks like there were no personel at the base… The bugs are all offline as well. I think the base defenses are still up, and it looks like the node caught a ship signature… It wasn’t Codexian… I don’t know of anyone else who could slip in without setting off the orbital nukes…”

“The Damn Loopites are raiding!!! Even now they invade our territories!”

As the hailing transmission came through, Mary switched to another frequency (In order to let the commander talk with whatever UFO was out there), and responded to the Loopians. “This is the shuttle liberty, we copy you, Galactica…nice to speak to someone else alive.”