Current as of 2023-10-17T13:00:00Z
BE IT ENACTED BY THE MAGISTERIUM OF THE EAST PACIFIC
- This Act shall be known and cited as “The Standard Date Time Act”.
- For the purposes of this Act, “TEP Forums” shall be “https://forum.theeastpacific.com”.
The official timezone for the East Pacific shall be Universal Coordinated Time, also known by the abbreviation UTC.
The official date format for the East Pacific shall be the “Discourse standard”, defined as YYYY-MM-DD
YYYY-MM-DD is comprised of the following:
a). YYYY is defined as the Year; ie 2023.
b). MM is defined as the Month; ie 02.
c). DD is defined as the Day; ie 07.
All date-timestamps posted on the TEP Forums used to define legal deadlines must use the Discourse-native “date” code functionality.
- Examples of compliant date-time codes are displayed in Appendix A.
- The provisions of this Act do not preclude or prevent the usage of any other timezone or date-time measurement system for non-official purposes.
- Upon enactment of this Act, the Standard Time Act shall be repealed in it’s entirety.
- Individual date & time:
[date=2023-02-07 time=11:30:00 format="LLLL z" timezone="UTC"]
- Date & time range:
[date-range from=2023-01-07T11:30:00 to=2023-01-07T11:30:00 format="LLLL z" timezone="UTC"]