what is endorsement capping?

Well?

The Endorsements Cap is the maximum amount of endorsements a UN nation of The East Pacific can obtain. The limit has been introduced in order to prevent raiders/invaders to endanger the Delegacy (both by actually winning the throne or by simply forcing the Delegate to lose a lot of influence in order to ban a possible threat).

To this purpose, I’d like to remember everyone the cap has recently been lowered to 50. For quick references, you can have a look http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/The_East_Pacific/index.php?showtopic=4985&view=findpost&p=5119902.

Please note that breaking the endosements cap is considered a crime under the laws of this region. The discipline of endorsements-related crimes and offences can be found http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/The_East_Pacific/index.php?showtopic=4906&view=findpost&p=5097253.

On behalf of the Executive of The East Pacific

Reziel
Solicitor General

make sense, im lookin to get my feet wet in the UN but I have no endorsements and frankly the laws of this region prevent me from asking for them outright.

— Begin quote from ____

make sense, im lookin to get my feet wet in the UN but I have no endorsements and frankly the laws of this region prevent me from asking for them outright.

— End quote

There are only two things that endorsements are needed for: Making UN proposals, and becoming Delegate. There is no other reason to gather endorsements. They serve no other purpose whatsoever.

You only need two endorsements to make proposals. If that’s what you want, find a few (5 or 6?) active nations on Gnid’s list, ask them nicely, and you should have two endorsements in no time.

To become Delegate, you need more endorsements than anyone else in the region. Delegates get absolute power over the region. They may eject and ban nations and change the world factbook entry. As such, we’re antsy about who we allow to become Delegate. A bad Delegate could irretrievably screw up this region, and there’s no way to tell for sure in advance what sort of Delegate a nation would be. As it is, it’s limited to senior, trusted nations supported by the forum community and the previous Delegate.

These rules aren’t limited to the East Pacific. Every other large region in the game and most small ones have similar restrictions of some sort. If that sounds unpleasant, don’t blame us. Blame the hundreds of players who abused endorsement-gathering for malicious ends and so forced us to crack down on it.