[NOMINATION] Vizier: McStooley

In light of their recent CTE, I’m re-nominating McStooley to Viziership.

McStooley has served adequately in the Vizier role since 2019, and despite this hiccup remains a superb and trustworthy candidate.

I am unfamiliar with this candidate; are they truly active enough to fulfil this role, especially given they CTEd? Not to rock the boat, I’m just sceptical about renominating someone who doesn’t appear - at least from my interactions around TEP - to be active.

Viziers are not required to be active in the conventional sense, so long as they maintain their nation. Their job is to accumulate influence and maintain a high endorsement count. So as long as they log in and endotart once or twice a month, that’s fine. McStooley has served as a Vizier for nearly five years, this being (to my knowledge) their first CTE.

I would call it a minor hiccup on an otherwise fine record, and have no concerns about their activity. I believe this was an unusual occurrence, as McStooley didn’t receive an email to warn them about the oncoming CTE, and they believed they’d logged into their nation within the 30 days previous. They can likely answer better than I can, but from my perspective, not an issue.

Given that then, my worries have been cleared. I support this nomination.

My GV predecessor responded mere hours after I noted their CTE. I urge all Magisters to judge Stool not by how often he logs in during times of peace and calm, but how quickly he reacts when something needs to be done.

CTEs do happen, and while of course they are not ideal, if it’s a one-time occurrence it’s understandable. In addition, if McStooley has served for almost five years and this is their first occurrence, I don’t see why they shouldn’t be readmitted.

I do wish to ask Stool, or if anyone wants to rely his answers that’s fine, on what does he plan to do to prevent this from happening again? I.e. force himself to log in every other day, set a reminder, etc. It’s clear his emails aren’t trustworthy reminders.

I don’t mind a him getting renominated, it’s a tough job to serve in indefinitely and Stool is quite active Discord-wise so I have no doubt he will respond quickly to a threat. But there should be an action plan to prevent this from happening again, because keeping endorsements is integral to being a Vizier and that’s difficult to do if you CTE too often. And while I appreciate this is an unusual circumstance, the facts provided (he didn’t see the email and forgot to log-in) are factors that can be easily repeated in the future if Stool doesn’t find an alternate way to remember to log in.

I’ve had only one CTE since being a Vizier in the past 5 years. The fact that my nation CTE’d this time was a fluke in and of itself. I am confused that I didn’t get a notification email about the coming CTE.

1 Like

As it seems all the queries have been addressed, I motion this nomination to vote.

Seconded

Thirded
(deal with it Merlo)

Fourthed :3