[TREATY] The Alpaca Accords

Wow, a treaty in my first/second week in office! Clearly I must have done all this work all by myself, good job me

Absolutely no input from [mention]Zukchiva[/mention] [mention]GioSivo[/mention] [mention]Mangegneithe[/mention] [mention]Aurora Yukihime[/mention] at all, nope. (In all seriousness it was pretty much all them, it was basically completed by the time I arrived)

The Alstroemerian Commonwealths (AC) is a group of regions (among them include the Glorious Nations of Iwaku, Eientei Gensokyo, and Yggdrasil), and we’ve become good friends over a while due to our partnership in the Consortium and wish to pursue further relations, culminating in this here treaty.

Without further ado, here are the Alstroemerian-East Pacifican (ALPACA) Accords:

— Begin quote from ____

SECTION I: DIPLOMATIC OBLIGATIONS AND COOPERATION

1. The signatories recognize the government of The East Pacific (“TEP”), as established by the Concordat, and the government of the Alstroemerian Commonwealths  (“AC”), as established by the populace  of the same, as the legitimate governments of the respective signatories.

2. The signatories recognize any legitimate legal successors to the recognized signatory governments.

3. The signatories shall maintain in-game embassies and off-site embassies on their respective regional infrastructure with each other.

4. The signatories shall exchange diplomatic representatives with each other to the best of their ability.

SECTION II: CULTURAL OBLIGATIONS AND COOPERATION

1. The signatories shall allow and encourage each other’s residents and citizens to participate in their cultural and social activities when appropriate, subject to the adherence of the rules of the host region, the event itself, and the relevant platform.

2. The signatories shall strive to conduct periodic communal cultural and social activities when appropriate.

SECTION III: DEFENSIVE OBLIGATIONS AND COOPERATION

1. Neither signatory shall attack the other signatory, conspire to overthrow or destabilize the legitimate government of the other signatory, or conduct clandestine operations, espionage, or other forms of spying against the other signatory.

2. Should either signatory possess intelligence pertinent to the safety and security of the other signatory they shall, in a timely manner, share it with the same, unless doing so would violate applicable laws, the terms of NationStates, or the terms of relevant communications platforms, or unduly compromise that signatories source or sources of information.

3. Aforementioned intelligence shall be delivered to the Delegate of The East Pacific or the World Assembly Delegates of the Alstroemerian Commonwealth respectively by the other signatory. Should the subject of intelligence concern the Delegate of The East Pacific, the intelligence shall be delivered to the Grand Vizier of the same. Should the subject of intelligence concern the a World Assembly Delegate of the Alstroemerian Commonwealth, the intelligence shall be delivered to the nation commonly known as Vandoosa.

SECTION IV: DEPOSITION, AMENDMENT, AND TERMINATION

1. This treaty shall be deposited in a publicly-accessible area of the community infrastructure of both signatories.

2. Should either signatory wish to abrogate this treaty, it shall first notify the other signatory, and participate in a good-faith negotiation period of no less than 72 hours. During this period the signatories may, by mutual agreement, adopt pending amendments to be submitted to the lawful processes of ratification. The abrogating party may terminate the treaty following the conclusion of the negotiation period. Neither signatory shall consider the termination of this treaty as an act of hostility, nor shall it dictate closure of relations.

3. Should a signatory wish to amend this treaty, it shall notify the other signatory, after which the signatories may discuss and, upon mutual agreement, produce an amendment that shall require lawful ratification by both parties.

— End quote

It seems great. And the name is just… Perfection. Lovely.

Yes

no objections from me

— Begin quote from ____

Should the subject of intelligence concern the a World Assembly Delegate of the Alstroemerian Commonwealth, the intelligence shall be delivered to the nation commonly known as Vandoosa.

— End quote

1. “the a World Assembly Delegate” isn’t right
  2. Why is Vandoosa the nation we have to deliver intelligence to? What if they CTE?

Not commenting on linguistics or considerations of opportunity, I have no objection.

— Begin quote from ____

1. Why is Vandoosa the nation we have to deliver intelligence to? What if they CTE?

— End quote

Vandoosa is the founder of most of the Alstroemerian Commonwealth’s regions - specifically, each of the ones that interact in FA at the moment. ([region=Alstroemeria] and [region=Tsumonrin] are the two exceptions). In discussion, to specify “founder” would also include Enlais (Tsumonrin founder) and Nitralia (Alstroemeria founder) as secondary contacts, multiple at that; To specify “the Founder of <list of regions>” is better suited with just "the one commonly known as Vandoosa just to avoid being long-winded.

Iwaku itself has refounded the time Vandoosa was DEAT to ensure there is an active founder. This was an extraordinary event.

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

Should the subject of intelligence concern the a World Assembly Delegate of the Alstroemerian Commonwealth, the intelligence shall be delivered to the nation commonly known as Vandoosa.

— End quote

1. “the a World Assembly Delegate” isn’t right
  2. Why is Vandoosa the nation we have to deliver intelligence to? What if they CTE?

— End quote

1. I agree, just a is fine.

2. If the founder of most of AC CTEs, then AC is likely to face quite a bit of change as they either shift into a confederation of mostly founderless regions, move the vast majority of their population to (a) backup region(s), or refound most of their regions, which also involves moving the vast majority of their population. Even if it’s just that there’s a new founder, there is likely to be significant change in their community. At that point, either way, it’s probably best to review and potentially revise the treaty anyway. Changing the contact info in such a situation is trivial.

Ohhh, so they’re the founder? I see, I see. Alright, I’ve no objections. Maybe add a line where it’s clearer that they’re the founder, but it’s fine if there isn’t

— Begin quote from ____

Ohhh, so they’re the founder? I see, I see. Alright, I’ve no objections. Maybe add a line where it’s clearer that they’re the founder, but it’s fine if there isn’t

— End quote

IMO, saying that Vandoosa is there because they’re the founder is the same as saying the Grand Vizier is there because they’re the leader of the Praesidium and the Praesidium is the government branch dealing with the security of the region.

Bump, please reply soon.

Another treaty is usually already a good thing :blush::blush: just here supporting everything

I motion this to vote

I second the motion.