1st [OOC] Mutants

Anyone want to be a super hero/villian/general all around badass?

Just post here if you’re interested. If no one is interested, I won’t put the effort into setting it up. Why should I set it up and not someone else? Well, I’ve got experience with superhero RPs, do you? So shut up and sit down. When the clipboard comes around, write down your name.

I’m thinking one superpower per character. I figure one is enough, plus non-powered people would develop technology to compensate, but superpowered people would also use that tech. What is your opinion for number of powers?

What about the backstory? Are superpowers mutations? Does the government know? Does the public know? I think the government would have mutant police officers, and that powers wouldn’t be a problem as long as mutants registered what their superpower was and where they lived. Special IDs and such, awesome powers are recruited by the FBI and army to fight supervillians (why not use a fire-guy to capture/kill an ice-guy?). Your thoughts?

Also, I’m saying this now, no tights or capes.

Lightning.

Name: Skalias Derpington

My chars power and an in depth look

Power: Telekinesis

Applications: Skalias exploits his extremely (op) powerful ability as much as he can. Using it to enhance the force behind his punches, fly, dodge things at high speeds, creating a telekinetic barrier (stopping anything not going faster than he can notice. This doesn’t include bullets most of the time, he assumes they’re about to hit him as soon as he hears the gun fire, pushing with all his power in the area the bullet is coming from for a small distance constantly, but this does not work 100% of the time.)and stopping bleeding.

How he obtained the power: Skalias is a genetic mutation. Using 65% of his brain, Skalias is able to use this power, with the drawback of having a small case of complete insanity.

The Strength of his telekinesis:

I’ve created a scale to easily measure his telekinetic strength without myself having to research anything. (1 = Like picking up a pencil. 2 = Like picking up a 3000 page book. 3 = Like picking up 7 400 page books. 4 = Like picking up a computer. 5 = Like picking up a desk average size desk. 6 = Like picking a person… In 1 arm…)

Picking up a person = 1

Picking up a car = 2

Ripping a tree out of the ground = 3

Stopping a speeding car = 3

Destroying a brick wall = 3

Destroying a reinforced concrete wall = 5

Stopping a bullet = 4.5 (somwhere in the middle of 4 and 5… Obviously)

Stopping a heavy object falling at terminal velocity = 6

Stopping something going mach speeds = 9001…(In reality it’s probably 14… Still off the charts though :D)

Backstory
[COMING WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE ADDING IT]

Extra Information

[CHECK BACK TOMORROW]

Someone with those powers would be virtually unstoppable. I can’t imagine other people would have fun either avoiding your character or kissing his ass. :wink:

Also, tactile telekinesis (which is what you’re referring to) was invented for superboy as a work around for not being able to clone superman. It gives him super strength, flight and invulnerability.

Don’t you think this would be more interesting if telekinesis was limited to moving objects with one’s mind in our RP? I can sympathize with wanting a forcefIeld, but that’s why I mentioned technology. Everyone could wear armor and be able to survive bullets, etc.

All I’m saying, let’s be creative but fair. Can we agree to that?

— Begin quote from ____

Someone with those powers would be virtually unstoppable. I can’t imagine other people would have fun either avoiding your character or kissing his ass. :wink:

Also, tactile telekinesis (which is what you’re referring to) was invented for superboy as a work around for not being able to clone superman. It gives him super strength, flight and invulnerability.

Don’t you think this would be more interesting if telekinesis was limited to moving objects with one’s mind in our RP? I can sympathize with wanting a forcefIeld, but that’s why I mentioned technology. Everyone could wear armor and be able to survive bullets, etc.

All I’m saying, let’s be creative but fair. Can we agree to that?

— End quote

It’s easy to beat a telekinesis user. They have to focus on you and know where you are or know where you are to actually use their powers, anyone with a silenced gun could easily kill a telekinesis user. Someone like Batman could beat a telekinesis senseless. And in RP no way I would use the forcefield type thing on anything other than lethal attacks like bullets, doing it for majority of other things is OP and metagaming. (If you really want I will nerf the strength of the chars telekinesis)

Batman vs anyone, batman wins. :wink:

I think we need to create the rules before we start RPing. I don’t think anyone should be able to kill a character without permission. I’ve got different ideas, like giving all mutants increased durability and stamina, just do we can have more fun. That’s what is important–having fun. If you have to have those powers to have fun, then I won’t stop you.

I think characters should have flaws and need to rely on each other as they grow in power and maturity. I have fun through story telling.

— Begin quote from ____

Batman vs anyone, batman wins. :wink:

I think we need to create the rules before we start RPing. I don’t think anyone should be able to kill a character without permission. I’ve got different ideas, like giving all mutants increased durability and stamina, just do we can have more fun. That’s what is important–having fun. If you have to have those powers to have fun, then I won’t stop you.

I think characters should have flaws and need to rely on each other as they grow in power and maturity. I have fun through story telling.

— End quote

I agree we should make rules first. And I have only explained the chars powers so far. I havn’t explained all his weaknesses and his personality. Also I think we need to do a small amount of the idiocy that is power scaling, so characters can’t just destroy others with ease because of their powers.

Galactus

— Begin quote from ____

Galactus

— End quote

Nuff’ said. (Someone better see what I did there.)

Unfortunately I do not…

— Begin quote from ____

Unfortunately I do not…

— End quote

Stan Lee. (If you still don’t get it after I dropped the biggest hint I could think of I’ll have to kill you >:C)