2023 Series One World Championship

Round 1 is about to start. You know the teams and drivers. And with the presenting teams for most nations not changing much let’s get started with the season.

First let’s quickly see what the closed winter tests learned us. Spiiker Squadron and Novia Racing seem on the pace again. the big surprises seem to be Gyllir Racing who taken over from Eclipse Racing, they seem to be 3rd on pace and taken the spot from Bernitti-Domio, who seem to have slid back into the midfield. And the other teams follow suit. Let’s see if the teams were sandbagging or if everyone was doing the test on actual pace. Let’s quickly go to race 1

1 Like

Round 1:
The Staynish Grand Prix.

Hello and welcome to the new season of the S1. My name is Madison Harris, I am joined here by a former driver and even a team-boss for a few races Luuk Graveland.
Maddison: Luuk, what do you expect for the season to come?
Luuk: Well, Madison I expect another fight between the top two teams of last year like we saw in the wintertests. I expect the fight between the Spiiker drivers and the Novia drivers to be fierce. We could even see an epic battle between Kalming and Soyer again, But if they start to fight too hard their teammates might close up or even pass them in the championship. And also I am currious to see what Gyllir will be able to do.
Maddison: Yes, you mentioned them like a lot of others, what can we expect from them?
Luuk: They bought the bankrupt team of Eclipse and invested quite a lot of money straight away in the team, they were already supplying them with engines last year and might even helped them with producing this car. But in the wintertests we already saw them being up there. They could turn out te be the biggest competitor of Spiiker and Novia.
Maddison: Let’s go quickly to the recap of the qualfying with commentary of Austin Fisher.

There is a lot of pressure normally on the drivers during qualiying since everything has to go right in that one lap if you want to advance to the next round of qualifying and ofcourse to end on pole-position.
In Q1 positions 20-16 are determined. Pedro Wilson was just above the cut-off line with a 1:33.036, at the end he had a “comfortable” back behind him since Kobayashi his fastest time was a 1:33.415 almost 4 tenths slower and he was the fastest of the drivers eliminated from Q1.
Q2 will determine the positions 15-11. Pablo Saez with the time 1:32.468 was the last one to advance into Q3.
Q3 is all the positions from 1-10. Marlan Kalming set the fastest time with an 1:30.115, followed by more then 6 tenths by his title opponent of last year Matthieu Soyer.
Here is the starting grid of the race:

1. Marlan Kalming 2. Matthieu Soyer
  2. Kasran is’Vaara 4. Sølvi Ny’Aæn
  3. Mitch Noxal 6. Azznup-Øtsypflæ
  4. Stefan Amanar 8. Pablo Saez
  5. Czesława Pajor 10. Pedro Wilson
  6. Marchello Bellini 12. Leo Arntsen
  7. Haulan Edzhurat 14. Nákel Intásime
  8. Niki Strauss 16. Sirio Kobayashi
  9. Marianna Edifredi 18. Alphonse Dubost
  10. Ceana Doilidh Siosal 20. Eumann Zerkaryon Tiridh

The build-up:
Maddison: And welcome back to the grid. So, Luuk any surprises we can make up already from qualifying?
Luuk: Well it’s hard to tell since it is the first qualifying. But as we can say Pedro was lucky not to be eliminated in Q1. He was sure his one lap in the session was enough, it turned out it was and he will start 9th but if 1 of the guys behind him in Q1 managed to pass him he would’ve started from 16th. Tamradh and MetroCiv need to improve with both of their cars eliminated from Q1. Also I am surprised by Niki who managed to advance through to Q1.
Maddison: It’s funny you mention him. Since our pit-reporter is with him next to his car, right Casey?
Casey: Yes Maddison, I am here with one of the few rookies of the grid this year. So Niki what are you’re goals for the season?
Niki: Garner experience! I can’t expect to just win races this year. We all have to start from somewhere. Even the great champions have to learn the basics.
Casey: You have Wilson as your teammate this season. He is an expierenced driver, is he an mentor for you?
Niki: Oh very, he was a driver I admired when I was watching races!
Casey: You start 15th, where will you finish today?
Niki: I don’t have a crystal ball but I don’t know. Preferably, in the points. I’ll try my best, and so will Wilson and the rest of the team. We are on this together.
Casey: Good luck today, and don’t forget to enjoy your debute
Niki gives a thumbsup and a wide smile
Maddison: So Luuk what do you expect of Niki this season?
Luuk: I think he said it good enough, he needs to get experience. He is not in a team that fights for wins. If he can finish in the points somewhere this season I am sure his season will be a succes. And don’t forget he has a contract with the team for 2 years.

Let’s go to the booth now to our commentator this race which we haven’t named yet. Which is ofcourse Sebastian. With Casey being the pit-reporter and Austin in race-control

The race:
The start went without a mistake. All driver got away from the start cleanly, this beaing the first race of the season might have something to do with it. The first part of the race also was quite calm, There ofcourse were battles during the race. Lap 18 brought us the first round of pit-stops for the people who chose for the 2 stop strategy. Lap 34 started with a big crash in turn 3. Saez suddenly slowed down because of engine problems, Bellini had no time to react and crashed hard in his team-mate. Øtsypflæ also crashed in the teammates and Strauss was also a victim, he however was able to continue but he had to make an emergency stop because his front-wing broke. A VSC was called and it took some time to get all the carbon of the track. The race ended almost with a sprint with most of the drivers chosing to pit and take the medium tyres to not have to stop again.
Marlan Kalming came home to win his home-race. He also got the fastest lap which granted him 26 points.

The top 3 of the championship is also the top 3 after the first race:

1. Marlan Kalming, 26 points

2. Mitch Noxal, 18 points

3. Matthieu Soyer, 15 points

1 Like

Qualifying order:

Pole: 1. SOY 2. KAL 3. ISV 4. NOX 5. AMA
Q3: 6. ØTS 7. NYA 8. PAJ 9. ARN 10. EDZ
Q2: 11. WIL 12. INT 13. BEL 14. EDI 15. SAE
Q1: 16. STR 17. DUB 18. KOB 19. SIO 20. TIR

Race classification:

Qualifying order:

Pole: 1. NOX 2. KAL 3. ØTS 4. NYA 5. SOY
Q3: 6. ISV 7. AMA 8. PAJ 9. WIL 10. EDZ
Q2: 11. EDI 12. SAE 13. ARN 14. BEL 15. INT
Q1: 16. KOB 17. DUB 18. STR 19. SIO 20. TIR

Mitch Noxal takes the lead at his home race:

Kasran is’Vaara’s gearbox does what it always does in the middle third of the Blueacian GP:

Race classification:

Qualifying order:

Pole: 1. SOY 2. ISV 3. NOX 4. KAL 5. NYA
Q3: 6. ØTS 7. AMA 8. SIO 9. EDI 10. ARN
Q2: 11. WIL 12. PAJ 13. EDZ 14. SAE 15. STR
Q1: 16. DUB 17. TIR 18. KOB 19. BEL 20. INT

Marlan Kalming attempts to lap a Phoenixian:

Race classification:

Czesława Pajor attempts a qualifying lap:

Qualifying order:

Pole: 1. NOX 2. KAL 3. ISV 4. SOY 5. ØTS
Q3: 6. NYA 7. WIL 8. INT 9. AMA 10. ARN
Q2: 11. EDZ 12. STR 13. SAE 14. BEL 15. KOB
Q1: 16. EDI 17. DUB 18. SIO 19. TIR 20. PAJ

Mitch Noxal makes a wet-weather overtake:

Race classification:

Is is’Vaara’s time in Novia over?

THAVE - Rumors have started to pour out from the pit crew chief that Novia racer Kasran is’Vaara is on their way out. Rumor has it that Hector Adnet is not pleased with the extremely sub-par performance of Kasran. Novia Fan Club reached out for a comment, but our reporters were laughed out for “sub-par journalism”…whatever that means.

It is the expressed opinion of Novia Fan Club that we think that is’Varra is safe and will win the next race, showing the team that they do infact need is’Vaara if they want to contend for the championship title in any capacity. Maybe it may be time for Adnet to find a new job at another racing club.

1 Like

Qualifying order:

Pole: 1. SOY 2. NOX 3. NYA 4. ISV 5. ØTS
Q3: 6. KAL 7. ARN 8. PAJ 9. AMA 10. WIL
Q2: 11. BEL 12. SAE 13. STR 14. INT 15. EDZ
Q1: 16. EDI 17. DUB 18. KOB 19. TIR 20. SIO

Matthieu Soyer begins the Last-To-First Challenge:

Sølvi Ny’Aæn attempts to lap a Morstaybishlian:

Race classification:

Qualifying order:

Pole: 1. NOX 2. NYA 3. KAL 4. ISV 5. ØTS
Q3: 6. EDI 7. PAJ 8. AMA 9. SAE 10. BEL
Q2: 11. INT 12. WIL 13. STR 14. DUB 15. SOY
Q1: 16. KOB 17. TIR 18. EDZ 19. ARN 20. SIO

Matthieu Soyer makes up for his mistake in qualifying:

Race classification:

Qualifying order:

Pole: 1. ISV 2. KAL 3. SOY 4. NYA 5. ØTS
Q3: 6. NOX 7. ARN 8. PAJ 9. EDZ 10. AMA
Q2: 11. SAE 12. STR 13. WIL 14. EDI 15. BEL
Q1: 16. KOB 17. INT 18. SIO 19. TIR 20. DUB

Søvli Ny’Aæn’s day is ruined by a Morstaybishlian:

Sølvi Ny’Aæn’s day is ruined by a West Borean and an Aivintian:

The Novia strategy team’s day is ruined by a West Borean:

Race classification:

AMANAR TAKEN OFF THE TRACK

Stefan Amanar has been put on indefinite leave following what seems to be an intentional attempt to harm another racer. On June 11th, during the race in the West Borean Federation, Amanar crashed into Sølvi Ny’aæn. This comes after Ny’aæn had been hit by another driver and was stationary. As seen on the video of this incident, it seemed like there was plenty of room to go around the crashed driver. In an interview Amanar said that “there was no way I could have avoided Sølvi’s car,”. People are hesitant to believe Amanar in this situation since it seems like all signs point to him being at fault. Watervalley fans are furious that he was put on leave, but others say that he should be gone from the team permanently. More information will be provided as it happens.

1 Like

Kasran is’Vaara: For Whom the Bell Tolls

THAVE - Rumors are just rumors, but the media storm flying out of Novia Racing’s HQ is suggests that a “rumor” isn’t much of a rumor anymore. This all starts back after the New Leganes Grand Prix with a report from a less than reputable, sub-par jounalism venture Novia Fan Club reported that is’Vaara’s time at Novia was drawing to a close. Things were looking up heading into the Alkari Grand Prix, but ever since then - just like their gearbox - it’s been shoddy.

is’Vaara retires after only 7 laps in Pheonixia due to a gearbox issue. Normally, the blame would be put on the engineering team for mechanical failures, but the team manager, Hector Adnet, there wasn’t a doubt in his mind that is’Vaara had a hand to play in the failure of the gearbox. And now it seems that the final nail in the coffin may have been nailed. While is’Vaara has finally picked up another 1st place finish, is’Vaara gained it by directly disobeying team orders to hold position behind Novia’s superstar racer: Matthieu Soyer. Directly after the race was over, it was rumored that Adnet did not go directly to greet his first place driver, but instead when to Soyer first. Further rumors would have it that after the podium ceremony and the team went back to the garage, Adnet was yelling so loud nearby racers thought that is’Vaara’s gearbox was failing again.

With all of this out of the way, is it too early to tell if is’Vaara is on the chopping block, or is is’Vaara’s time running out, just like their gearbox. For now, the rumor mill is active. Some are claiming that Adnet is already scouting for a suitable replacement driver for is’Vaara. Some are claiming that Novia may just not have a second driver. Novia Fan club claims that Mikal Christoffersen has been seen speaking with Hector Adnet. But what we do know, the clock is growing closer to midnight for is’Vaara.

1 Like

Qualifying order:

Pole: 1. KAL 2. ISV 3. EDZ 4. NOX 5. SOY
Q3: 6. ØTS 7. AMA 8. BEL 9. NYA 10. SAE
Q2: 11. ARN 12. PAJ 13. EDI 14. WIL 15. DUB
Q1: 16. TIR 17. STR 18. KOB 19. INT 20. SIO

Haulan Edzhurat has a good time in the wet:

Haulan Edzhurat has a bad time in the dry:

Race classification:

Qualifying order:

Pole: 1. SOY 2. KAL 3. NOX 4. NYA 5. ØTS
Q3: 6. ISV 7. SAE 8. PAJ 9. STR 10. WIL
Q2: 11. BEL 12. AMA 13. INT 14. DUB 15. EDI
Q1: 16. KOB 17. SIO 18. ARN 19. EDZ 20. TIR

First lap- three wide into the first chicane:

Lap 22- the Novia drivers have a mild disagreement:

Race classification:

BREAKING: is’Vaara’s contract to be Terminated with Immediate Effect

HANDELVAAR - Following the conclusion of the Neo-Fantom Grand Prix, Hector Adnet has announced that Kasran is’Vaara has been terminated from Novia effective immediately. Racing journalists from Alkari Sports Network reported that when is’Vaara pulled into the garage following the disappointing conclusion of the Neo-Fantom Grand Prix, Adnet didn’t even wait for the engine to turn off before telling is’Vaara to “go back home to West Borea” and “you knew better than this.”

This news comes following a devastating blow to Novia Racing with Matthieu Soyer being knocked out in the 22nd lap following a collision with fellow Novia driver Kasran is’Vaara. It’s reported that is’Vaara refered to Soyer as a “liability” claiming “He [CENSORED] brake checked me.” Adnet, originally trying to contain his anger, informed is’Vaara that this will be discussed at debrief leading is’Vaara to exclaim “What is there to discuss?”

We have reached out to Novia Racing for a comment and thier comment is as follows, “The team at this time has nothing to discuss regarding Kasran is’Vaara’s termination, but the team is committed to finding a suitable replacement.” We reached out to Kasran is’Vaara for a comment, but they have not responded to our requests. This also marks the first time Novia Racing has not scored any points in a race since 2020.

1 Like

1 Like

Advertisement

:information_source: You have been served this advertisement because Cluster thinks you may be interested in: Series One, Novia Racing, Semi-amateur photography, Motorsport.

1 Like

Joint post with @SirShadow

BREAKING: Novia to buy out Edzhurat’s Contract

After the termination of is’Vaara’s contract, Novia has been quick to find a replacement. Many eyes were on Mikal Christoffersen, being rumored to make his return to Series One with Novia, however these rumors were only based on Christoffersen being seen idling near Novia’s HQ, and vague posts on Christoffersen’s Pigeon. Media within Novia confirmed that Christoffersen is a “Persona Non Grata” and under no circumstances would be signing with them.

Any chance of these rumors being true ultimately perished when Metropol announced that Novia would be buying out Haulan Edzhurat’s contract, and he would be racing for Novia effective immediately. The exact amount of the buyout is not yet known, but most estimates are between 10 to 20 million SHD, but some go so far to suggest up to 40 million SHD. Metropol will be calling up a reserve driver to replace Edzhurat, just as they did last year after Christoffersen’s ban.

Hector Adnet, team manager for Novia, was reported to be pleased bringing Edzhurat back on. Edzhurat drove for Novia between 2016-2018, but left the team to sign with another. The veteran driver is exactly the skill that Adnet is looking for to be the companion racer for Matthieu Soyer.

In a press conference after the announcement Edzhurat described it as “bittersweet”.

“I’m genuinely excited to be returning to Novia, but I can’t help but feel as if I’m leaving a part of me behind. Metropol has been great for me and I’m definitely going to miss everyone,” stated Edzhurat. Leo Arnsten also made his opinions known.

“Obviously it’s upsetting, he was really like a brother to me here. Gonna miss him and I wish him nothing but the best.”

During the conference Metropol manager, Oskar Hauge was asked what his opinions were on the possibility of is’Vaara signing with Metropol for next season to fill the new opening. After some hesitation, he stated, “No comment.”

2 Likes