2023 Series One World Championship

AMANAR TAKEN OFF THE TRACK

Stefan Amanar has been put on indefinite leave following what seems to be an intentional attempt to harm another racer. On June 11th, during the race in the West Borean Federation, Amanar crashed into Sølvi Ny’aæn. This comes after Ny’aæn had been hit by another driver and was stationary. As seen on the video of this incident, it seemed like there was plenty of room to go around the crashed driver. In an interview Amanar said that “there was no way I could have avoided Sølvi’s car,”. People are hesitant to believe Amanar in this situation since it seems like all signs point to him being at fault. Watervalley fans are furious that he was put on leave, but others say that he should be gone from the team permanently. More information will be provided as it happens.

1 Like

Kasran is’Vaara: For Whom the Bell Tolls

THAVE - Rumors are just rumors, but the media storm flying out of Novia Racing’s HQ is suggests that a “rumor” isn’t much of a rumor anymore. This all starts back after the New Leganes Grand Prix with a report from a less than reputable, sub-par jounalism venture Novia Fan Club reported that is’Vaara’s time at Novia was drawing to a close. Things were looking up heading into the Alkari Grand Prix, but ever since then - just like their gearbox - it’s been shoddy.

is’Vaara retires after only 7 laps in Pheonixia due to a gearbox issue. Normally, the blame would be put on the engineering team for mechanical failures, but the team manager, Hector Adnet, there wasn’t a doubt in his mind that is’Vaara had a hand to play in the failure of the gearbox. And now it seems that the final nail in the coffin may have been nailed. While is’Vaara has finally picked up another 1st place finish, is’Vaara gained it by directly disobeying team orders to hold position behind Novia’s superstar racer: Matthieu Soyer. Directly after the race was over, it was rumored that Adnet did not go directly to greet his first place driver, but instead when to Soyer first. Further rumors would have it that after the podium ceremony and the team went back to the garage, Adnet was yelling so loud nearby racers thought that is’Vaara’s gearbox was failing again.

With all of this out of the way, is it too early to tell if is’Vaara is on the chopping block, or is is’Vaara’s time running out, just like their gearbox. For now, the rumor mill is active. Some are claiming that Adnet is already scouting for a suitable replacement driver for is’Vaara. Some are claiming that Novia may just not have a second driver. Novia Fan club claims that Mikal Christoffersen has been seen speaking with Hector Adnet. But what we do know, the clock is growing closer to midnight for is’Vaara.

1 Like

Qualifying order:

Pole: 1. KAL 2. ISV 3. EDZ 4. NOX 5. SOY
Q3: 6. ØTS 7. AMA 8. BEL 9. NYA 10. SAE
Q2: 11. ARN 12. PAJ 13. EDI 14. WIL 15. DUB
Q1: 16. TIR 17. STR 18. KOB 19. INT 20. SIO

Haulan Edzhurat has a good time in the wet:

Haulan Edzhurat has a bad time in the dry:

Race classification:

Qualifying order:

Pole: 1. SOY 2. KAL 3. NOX 4. NYA 5. ØTS
Q3: 6. ISV 7. SAE 8. PAJ 9. STR 10. WIL
Q2: 11. BEL 12. AMA 13. INT 14. DUB 15. EDI
Q1: 16. KOB 17. SIO 18. ARN 19. EDZ 20. TIR

First lap- three wide into the first chicane:

Lap 22- the Novia drivers have a mild disagreement:

Race classification:

BREAKING: is’Vaara’s contract to be Terminated with Immediate Effect

HANDELVAAR - Following the conclusion of the Neo-Fantom Grand Prix, Hector Adnet has announced that Kasran is’Vaara has been terminated from Novia effective immediately. Racing journalists from Alkari Sports Network reported that when is’Vaara pulled into the garage following the disappointing conclusion of the Neo-Fantom Grand Prix, Adnet didn’t even wait for the engine to turn off before telling is’Vaara to “go back home to West Borea” and “you knew better than this.”

This news comes following a devastating blow to Novia Racing with Matthieu Soyer being knocked out in the 22nd lap following a collision with fellow Novia driver Kasran is’Vaara. It’s reported that is’Vaara refered to Soyer as a “liability” claiming “He [CENSORED] brake checked me.” Adnet, originally trying to contain his anger, informed is’Vaara that this will be discussed at debrief leading is’Vaara to exclaim “What is there to discuss?”

We have reached out to Novia Racing for a comment and thier comment is as follows, “The team at this time has nothing to discuss regarding Kasran is’Vaara’s termination, but the team is committed to finding a suitable replacement.” We reached out to Kasran is’Vaara for a comment, but they have not responded to our requests. This also marks the first time Novia Racing has not scored any points in a race since 2020.

1 Like

1 Like

Advertisement

:information_source: You have been served this advertisement because Cluster thinks you may be interested in: Series One, Novia Racing, Semi-amateur photography, Motorsport.

1 Like

Joint post with @SirShadow

BREAKING: Novia to buy out Edzhurat’s Contract

After the termination of is’Vaara’s contract, Novia has been quick to find a replacement. Many eyes were on Mikal Christoffersen, being rumored to make his return to Series One with Novia, however these rumors were only based on Christoffersen being seen idling near Novia’s HQ, and vague posts on Christoffersen’s Pigeon. Media within Novia confirmed that Christoffersen is a “Persona Non Grata” and under no circumstances would be signing with them.

Any chance of these rumors being true ultimately perished when Metropol announced that Novia would be buying out Haulan Edzhurat’s contract, and he would be racing for Novia effective immediately. The exact amount of the buyout is not yet known, but most estimates are between 10 to 20 million SHD, but some go so far to suggest up to 40 million SHD. Metropol will be calling up a reserve driver to replace Edzhurat, just as they did last year after Christoffersen’s ban.

Hector Adnet, team manager for Novia, was reported to be pleased bringing Edzhurat back on. Edzhurat drove for Novia between 2016-2018, but left the team to sign with another. The veteran driver is exactly the skill that Adnet is looking for to be the companion racer for Matthieu Soyer.

In a press conference after the announcement Edzhurat described it as “bittersweet”.

“I’m genuinely excited to be returning to Novia, but I can’t help but feel as if I’m leaving a part of me behind. Metropol has been great for me and I’m definitely going to miss everyone,” stated Edzhurat. Leo Arnsten also made his opinions known.

“Obviously it’s upsetting, he was really like a brother to me here. Gonna miss him and I wish him nothing but the best.”

During the conference Metropol manager, Oskar Hauge was asked what his opinions were on the possibility of is’Vaara signing with Metropol for next season to fill the new opening. After some hesitation, he stated, “No comment.”

2 Likes

(Translated by Even More Accurate Translations Ltd. For inquiries, please contact Evan Moore, 519 Kuran Ave, Newport, Nystatiszna)

Much of the recent history of the Kingdom of Alksearia has been defined by their occupants’ apparent biological and physiological inability to tell the truth. Over the past few years, the news of the world has been treated to Arcturian comedies such as “a democracy where the queen arrests prime ministers she doesn’t like”, “a defensive alliance constantly on the attack”, and just this week, “a car-racing team that doesn’t want its drivers to go car-racing”.

The trouble began, well, as soon as our poor Kasran is’Vaara signed with Novia Racing, but it flared up at his home grand prix in the great city of Azmarin/Zlovskavaar. His team had incorrectly prepared the car, and it tripped the anti-stall at the start of the race, throwing away his hard-earned pole position and sending him momentarily into eighth place. On his way to reclaim what was rightfully his, he overtook cars that were in front of him - part and parcel of a motor race, but not according to Novia, who ordered him to stop before overtaking his teammate. In a brilliant show of defiance and justice that would have made The Opposition proud, he went for it anyway, sending a heroic divebomb down into the first turn and setting himself up for the win he so clearly deserved. His so-called teammate, however, complained that the overtake was allegedly “dangerous”. I suppose that exaggerating the potential for personal harm in order to garner sympathy is a core part of the Alkari playbook. Can’t be too surprised.

We also cannot be too surprised at an Aszar driver lacking spatial awareness - one too many knocks to the head from rugby, presumably - leading to a crash involving Kasran just one week later. Kasran had even done the undeserving Novia so-called Racing the favour of pirouetting off of the Jurut-Tinai barriers and into the championship leader, Mitch Noxal, wiping out the twelve points he was set to earn that race.

But as usual, there was no pleasing the team principal, the ever-grumpy Hector so-called Adnet, who was even grumpier the week after, when his prized Alkari driver brake-checked Kasran down the winding straights of the Neo-Fantøm street circuit. Perhaps that was because the concrete walls lining the track helped provide some karma by funneling Kasran’s damaged car directly into the path of the one that had damaged it. But just as it happened in Ouroborous, it happened in Handelvaar: the Alkari do not enjoy facing the consequences of their actions.

As a father to a young lady who is learning to drive using the family RR, I can sympathise with the budgetary shock to the team. After all, with hard racing naturally comes hard crashes. But surely Novia must be making enough profit off of their overpriced so-called cameras to make up for a couple of dents and cracks.

Novia team principal Hector Adnet claims that poor Kasran was “disobeying team orders”, and I do have to admit that he did, in fact, do that. It appears that he is the only member of the team who realised that “obeying team orders” is generally superseded by “obeying the laws of physics”. It’s a mark of typical Alkari arrogance to believe that they can drag the universe into supporting their so-called team the same way they dragged the nations of Urth into a wholly unjustifiable war.

It is said that history never repeats but it often rhymes. Poor old Kasran is’Vaara may soon find himself seeking friendship with former Alkari prime minister Matthias Barbet, who similarly campaigned for justice and fairness, but was rewarded for his efforts by being martyred by the nation he was so selflessly trying to help. Whether it be King Eldras or King Hector, the Alkari have shown they will always put their own petty goals first. I can only hope, by the grace of Xaethos, that when Hector Adnet faces the consequences of his actions, it is not to the same magnitude as it was when King Eldras faced his.

Qualifying order:

Pole: 1. NYA 2. SOY 3. NOX 4. EDZ 5. KAL
Q3: 6. PAJ 7. KAC 8. ARN 9. ØTS 10. MAR
Q2: 11. FØR 12. WIL 13. SAE 14. EDI 15. STR
Q1: 16. INT 17. SIO 18. DUB 19. TIR 20. KOB

Ylva Førnørn makes a good first impression on the racetrack:

Marianna gets a rear-right puncture:

Sølvi Ny’Aæn takes advantage of Matthieu Soyer having to overtake lapped cars:

Eumann overtakes his teammate in a safe manner:

Race classification:

Qualifying order:

Pole: 1. SOY 2. EDZ 3. KAL 4. NOX 5. ARN
Q3: 6. ØTS 7. NYA 8. KAC 9. MAR 10. WIL
Q2: 11. FØR 12. EDI 13. PAJ 14. STR 15. SAE
Q1: 16. INT 17. KOB 18. SIO 19. TIR 20. DUB

The first corner of the first lap of the first Nakosan Grand Prix:

Race classification:

kasran04

Qualifying order:

Pole: 1. ØTS 2. NYA 3. PAJ 4. SIO 5. KAC
Q3: 6. ARN 7. EDI 8. SAE 9. SOY 10. EDZ
Q2: 11. ISV 12. NOX 13. WIL 14. KOB 15. KAL
Q1: 16. INT 17. STR 18. FØR 19. TIR 20. DUB

Rain begins to fall in Acronis:

Pablo Saez attempts the double-overtake:

Race classification:

Wergby, Nyveldet

Erika couldn’t help but let out a small laughter as she saw Pablo Saez crash into one of the race cars on her big brother’s overly large flat screen TV. “Are you sure you’re not regretting buying that team, Erik?” She asked with a smirk on her face.

“Oh hush.” The older elf said, rolling his eyes as he poured a cup of coffee to himself. Of the Eyjarian kind that is. He needed that after seeing how terrible Rosia Eagle was doing. “Look, they are still professional drivers, they can turn it around.”

“Not with the turns they’ve been turning.” The sister teased taking a sip of her wine glass. “By the gods I swear our mother must be so embarrassed now that her name is being represented by them.”

“Well it’s not hers brands that get used in advertisements by them.” Erik rolled his eyes, taking a sip of his coffee as he typed away on his Jotun laptop.

“Don’t worry, I am certain some drunk drivers are feeling very represented and would now buy your clothing products a ton.” She continued on with her relentless teasing.

Erik closed his laptop and let out a heavy sigh as he rubbed the bridge of his nose. “You’re acting like a daughter of Loki right now.” He gave her a stern look.

“I’ll stop, I’ll stop.” Erika let out a small giggle as she placed her hands in front of her. “Though honestly you might need to think about switching drivers for next year at least, if not for your sake then at least for whoever is the poor driver that gets in front of Ylva Førnørn.”

“Likely won’t replace her, I like her.” He took a sip of his coffee as he looked at the screen showing Ylva taking off her helmet. With her being quite an attractive elf.

“Ah ha. I see what it’s about.” Erika rolled her eyes as she shook her head.

“Whatever you thinking it’s not that.”

“I know you brother, don’t try to think I don’t know in over 40 years of this Urth.” She took a sip of her glass.

“50 years, Pigeon.” He had a small smirk on his face.

“Hush. I stopped counting when I became 40.” She gave her older brother a playful punch on the shoulder before turning her attention towards the TV.

2 Likes

Qualifying order:

Pole: 1. KAL 2. SOY 3. NOX 4. NYA 5. EDZ
Q3: 6. ØTS 7. PAJ 8. KAC 9. DUB 10. SAE
Q2: 11. ISV 12. EDI 13. ARN 14. INT 15. SIO
Q1: 16. KOB 17. FØR 18. STR 19. WIL 20. TIR