2nd [OOC] Mutants

[size=100][size=100][size=100][size=100]“Mutants”
[/size][/size][/size][/size]
Welcome to my Superpower RP, “Mutants.” It will be on a trial period for the next two to four weeks, during which I will decide the rules and accept character applications. You don’t have to join, but I hope you do. At the end of the “trial period,” we will have a meeting via skype to discuss any changes and a possible reset of the RP. Then Mutants won’t be my RP, it will be our consensus-driven RP.

Conspiracies are out. Tights are out. Lame alter-egos are out. People will get paid to be heroes and villains by various governments and corporations. Mutants is how I believe superpowers would be if people didn’t know a life without them.

Powers:
Stan Lee got it right when he invented mutants, so all superpowers come from mutations. That does not rule out man-made mutations, but it rules out chemical spills and alien visitors. I suggest one power per character, but as long as your character isn’t too powerful, I will accept your application. In addition, all mutants will have increased durability, healing, intelligence, and psychic resistance and suggestion in order to give even the weakest mutant an advantage against normal humans. I hope powers will work on a pokemon-like weakness and strength rock-paper-scissors system. Perhaps fire powers are weak to earth and air, but strong to water and ice. Perhaps psychics are weak to body morphers. These don’t have to be rules, just ideas to expand your character.

Status of Mutants:
The world is not run by an evil corporation and the government does not hunt mutants. The Holocaust taught the free world not to put people in cages. The people that actually run the world are the mutants themselves. Their overall higher intelligence and psychic suggestion powers make them rich and charismatic. Moreover, many use their abilities to invent new things and discover stuff, like new forms of fuel and stronger alloys. In fact, since people like copying celebrities, technology has evolved to give normal people force fields, psychic shields, lasers and flight, plus many more powers. These are, of course, strictly regulated and hard to obtain, but are used by normal police, so no randomly killing people.

Getting Paid:
Some pathetic mutants appear on cereal boxes and have their own cartoon shows, but others fight in mutant fighting competitions, manage Fortune 500 companies, spy for the government, and others steal things. Pretty much anything you think a mutant would make money doing, they do. A special FBI-like inter-governmental agency, the Mutant Investigation Agency (MIA) protects the world from criminal mutants. It’s not pathetic like Interpol. Each country has it’s own version of MIA, but each version reports to a world leader selected by the MIA units themselves, not the countries involved. It’s not like anyone has a choice, mutants make their own rules.

I think the setting should be New York City, the capital of the world.