[4/15/2021] State of the Region Report

State of the Region Report
April 15th, 2021

Greetings, TEP! Welcome to the first regional state of the region report for my term. This is the forum version of the Report; to access the dispatch version, NationStates | Dispatch | [4/15/2021] State of the Region Report

This aims to be an all-about report on what my administration has been doing for the past two months, so that you can see what we’re up to! It aims to be comprehensive- covering the good and bad.

Campaign Goals - Google Docs going over what my administration has managed to complete or not throughout the first part of my term (these are the projects and hard goals stated on my campaign).

Now, without further ado, let’s get to it!

REGIONAL AFFAIRS

Regional Affairs has been doing pretty well. There are a few things I’ll go over before delving into the rest of the Ministries:

1. Less activity than last term.

There’s been a marked activity decrease in all the Ministries within Regional Affairs, besides Education. There could be many reasons for this- ranging from new Ministers, burnout, etc. To deal with this, RA has taken the following initiative to create…

1. Staffer-led projects!

Staffers are now empowered to run their own regional projects! This is to help raise engagement, and let people contribute their way they want to regional governance. Which leads me to mention- if you have a project you want to make a reality in TEP (and want official TEP backing), telegram me and I’ll see what we can do! Anything works! ^-^

1. As an additional note, the Ministry of Virtual Enhancement (design + coding) has been abolished. More on that later.

Now, onto the Ministries!

Ministry of Culture

Culture has been doing pretty well within these past two terms. https://www.nationstates.net/page=polls/v=region:the_east_pacific?start=0 for engaging topics, as well as finishing a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure poll NationStates | Poll earlier in the term. Now, there’s a CYOA up NationStates | Poll

Beyond polls, Culture has also hosted an RMB RP festival to try and gather interest from the RMB. While the festival has grown inactive, it was a notable step in that we had seven roleplayers sign up from the RMB- a number higher than expected.

Culture has also helped host the Late Nite Festival- a large interregional Consortium festival that took place in the midst of our Delegate elections! TEP also had a booth in the https://nsge.jcink.net/index.php?s=65b9d4231fdff6abd42cc81846f96f9b&showtopic=32#, a large festival promoting everything about NationStates.

Some other Culture news:

as my flag for my Season 3 Card.

And before we leave Culture, some information on other things: Game nights are still being planned, but have not taken off yet due to everyone’s general busyness. And sadly, due to manpower issues, NationStates | Dispatch | 🎶Radio Culture Weekly Recap, 16.10.2020 - 22.10.2020🎶 has been officially tabled.

Ministry of Information

Information has also been doing swell! Following the Minister’s discretion, EPNS has switched to a magazine format. We’ve already released one edition for March, EPNS - EPNS Magazine. Information is currently looking for more writers, so don’t hesitate to telegram me if you wish to join!

Beyond EPNS, Information has also been active in other matters! On April 6th, Information hosted a Question & Answer session with me, the Delegate, on Discord. At its high point, 14 people attended with over 50 questions asked! Information is also seeking to revive/create a news system for daily news- details currently being worked on.

As promised in my campaign, Information attempted to host podcasts. However, due to time-constraint issues and the inability for the hosts to meet up, podcasts have ultimately been shelved for now and are no longer a priority. Hopefully they can be attempted again during my term, but no promises.

Ministry of Publishing

Near the beginning of my term, Publishing was working on reformatting all of TEP’s dispatches. I’m proud to report that this reformatting has been complete: NationStates | Dispatch | Index of The East Pacific In addition to fixing dispatches, Publishing has also revamped our NationStates | The East Pacific, making it a more newbie-friendly WFE and generally something befitting a Feeder region.

The Ministry has also done some work Government:Magisterium Sessions - TEPwiki. However, Publishing’s main focus now is a gigantic historical project: a time-line of TEP’s regional history. Researchers are needed (telegram me if interested!), but in general the project is well underway and going smoothly, with many people already working on it.

Ministry of Education

Education (via the University of the East Pacific) has been blossoming during this term. Activity is extremely high within the University with new incoming staff and the opening of new departments (like pop culture).

The University has continuously collected written works to include in its halls- some of them can be found Certified NS Studies Articles - The East Pacific - Tapatalk and Certified Humanities Articles - The East Pacific - Tapatalk! The University is also looking to begin hosting agoras (basically organized debates) on Discord- currently is being explored!

Something very notable is that the University has also grown in renown within foreign regions- partially due to the University’s presence in the Late Nite Festival, but also because of just general diplomats and visitors receiving an explanation of UTEP.

Education has also undergone a flattening of structure and [PROPOSAL] Amendment to the Executive Act in Regard to Education - The East Pacific - Tapatalk surrounding its structure. This is done in the hopes of providing better efficiency for the Ministry and University.

Education is also looking to host podcasts sometime in the near future! Details are still being worked out on that, but the concept is being explored. Hope is to have chill yet nice talks between various viewpoints on different subject matters, in a podcasting environment!

Ministry of Immigration

Immigration has been the hardest-hit of all RA Ministries. It’s been struggling to revive itself during the first half of my term- often falling short and not doing what it needs to be.

Due to this, I have appointed [nation=Eunopiar] (a hardworking nation who is already Minister of Information) to try and revive the Ministry, after they expressed wishes to take over.

Beyond that, much recruitment still needs to happen for the Ministry itself as well as other measures. The telegrams, announcements, and etc. promised during my campaign have not happened yet, although I do plan to start pushing them if possible. Mainly I just haven’t had the time. However, personal recruitment (where I reach out to other nations and bring them into government) has been going very well.

On a good note, NationStates | Dispatch | STEP: Welcome to The East Pacific & NationStates was completed near the beginning of my term. Give it a read or send it to those new nations who need help! In addition to complement this, TEP has now instated a Welcome Team (called a Concierge) in its Discord servers to be more welcoming to new Discord members, and answer any questions new nations may have.

Immigration is also planning an apprenticeship program- where residents from all over TEP can temporarily work within the Executive with no obligations! This is basically a “try out” for everyone to see if they would like to work within the government. It’s coming soon~!

FOREIGN AFFAIRS

Foreign Affairs has been doing very well. Beyond NationStates | Dispatch | Guide to Obtaining Relations, FA has also improved the running of the Ministry itself with https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/the_east_pacific/list-of-staffers-in-the-ministry-of-foreign-affair-t17349.html#p243243, more communication between FA leadership when sending updates to foreign regions, and slight changes to the way FA leadership makes decisions.

To go over relations:

The Consortium

The Consortium, as started under Delegate Libertanny, is still on-going treaty negotiations between the member regions. However, this hasn’t stopped the Consortium from engaging in cooperative measures-notably the Late Nite Festival (which was hosted by the Consortium early on in my term).

It is hopeful that negotiations will conclude by the end of my term. Things have been responsive yet slow-paced and have generally been going well. Should negotiations succeed, then we will look into having military-cooperation with the Consortium in the future. However, it should be noted that we are currently engaging in cooperation with individual Consortium regions, such as military operations with Thaecia.

WORLD ASSEMBLY AFFAIRS

WAA has been doing quite excellent during the term. Resolutions are actively debated, our vote in the World Assembly is typically cast early, and the region remains engaged in WA debate both by WA-only telegrams and WA-pings on Discord. Overall, doing what a World Assembly Ministry should. During these first two terms, MoWAA has had none of its votes overridden for FA reasons.

However, one large issue has arisen: the writing of Information For Voter dispatches. Whilst regularly written during the first month of my term, they have since fallen off as [nation=Wallenburg] (our WAA Minister) has been busy with real life matters. In order to combat this, we are now preparing a general content template for writing IFVs. We hope that this can help staffers engage with the Ministry more and get IFVs out again.

Another issue is the seeking another Deputy Minister. Following the resignation of DM Luca (who did extremely well as Deputy during her service), the Ministry has been struggling to secure another Deputy capable of running it. If you’re interested in this position, simply telegram me and we’ll see what we can do!

REWARD has, on the other hand, been doing excellently. What’s most amazing is that NationStates | Dispatch | REWARD - Awards to help raise engagement within the World Assembly. So all is going fine here!

The plans for a WA lecture/course in the University of the East Pacific have not taken off yet, but will be looked into. Again, simply lack of time and dealing with other matters. However, STEP has a neat https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1495423 If you need more help with writing one, [nation=Wallenburg] is always open to help.

MILITARY AFFAIRS

The Eastern Pacific Sovereign Army is doing pretty awesome recently. It has been involved in numerous operations with foreign regions, including:

• War-games in the Late Night Festival

• Assisting in [REGION=Thaecia]’s and [REGION=The South Pacific]'s Delegate transitions,

• A piling operation with [REGION=Europeia] and other regions.

• Tagging operations with [REGION=The North Pacific], [REGION=Thaecia], and others.

In addition, soldier ranks are being pruned of those who could not respond to roll call, ranks have been returned to English, mission reports will be posted soon onto TEP’s forums, and many new soldiers have entered the army to serve.

EPSA has recently begun being active at update again, mostly in tag-raiding. However, EPSA is looking into returning to the Defender-side as well. All in all, EPSA’s been doing pretty fine as it is, and I hope that the next term will see us continue to conduct semi-regular update operations again- both raiding and defending.

MISCELLANEOUS STUFF

There’s also some stuff from #Zukchiva4Delegoose! - The East Pacific - Tapatalk I need to talk about.

For TEPWiki promotion + Forum Roleplay recruitment, I have taken steps to try and get a telegram written for Forum RP. However, I admit that more recruitment and promotion of Forum RP is needed, and thus I will try to get to that during this second half of my term.

Regarding the language and orientation dispatch in my campaign, I’ve decided that in lieu of other projects, I will be leaving it by the wayside for now. It isn’t that important and focus needs to be turned elsewhere.

Finally, the Ministry of Virtual Enhancement. It was formerly a Ministry meant for coding and design, Executive Orders - Page 2 - The East Pacific - Tapatalk due to its general inactivity and listlessness as a Ministry. It served a good purpose, but a lack of projects and no suitable Minister-candidate meant that the Ministry was not doing much. I thank everyone who ever worked in the Ministry for their service, though <3 You all are amazing!
[hr]

CONCLUSION

And that’s it! I hoped I covered everything within my campaign (or more accurately, the Google Doc I listed at the start of this).

I’m very thankful to the entirety of my cabinet. They are the ones who made everything I mentioned work. Without them, my Delegacy would be doing absolutely nothing. With them, my Delegacy is doing amazing. I would also like to thank the Executive staffers and Deputy Ministers for their hard work- I love them all and appreciate everything they do for our region. Just like the Cabinet, the Executive would simply be dead without our Staffers and DMs.

And finally, thank you to you, my fellow resident/citizen! We’ve worked plenty hard these past two months, and I can only hope that these next two months can be just as fruitful as the last. But you all make this term- and being Delegate- enjoyable and truly worth it. So I hope that you all are doing fine! Love you all!

Regards,
Zukchiva Yura
Delegate