A Display of Sayqidi Affluence

The late afternoon of the eighth of June, 2022

Emira Scheherazade, whom, for everyone’s ease, we will refer to as the Emira, was messing around with the design software she used to make her presentations when she had an idea: what if she hosted a week of events for the heads of state and their families as a way for them to get to know the new Sayqidi Emira? It would also be a breath of fresh air for her because the past few days since her coronation have been busy and full of signing papers and documents. Not only that, but she would have the opportunity to forge connections, new and the old connections her father, the former Emir, made.

She started drafting the invitations, and after an hour or so, she was done. “Perfect!” She smiled to herself before hearing someone knock on the door to her office. “Come in,” she said as she fixed herself and placed her arms on her desk, placing her hands together, awaiting whoever knocked to enter. The door opened to reveal the Grand Vizier, Mahmoud Al Ahdal, carrying an ornamented box under his arm.

He bowed before walking toward the Emira and placing the box on her desk. “Afternoon,” he smiled. “You have a lot of letters from the Sheikh of Khor Sha’aidat and one from the Sheikha of the Khon—”

The Emira groaned as she looked through the box, which was filled with envelopes and files. “Yeah, yeah, I’ll get to them once I get more coffee.” She glanced at her laptop which was displaying the design for the invitations and lit up.

“Grand Vizier Mahmoud!” She smiled, “I have an idea.”

He sighed, “What is it this time?”

She turned her laptop to show him the invitation. “A week of events to display the wealth of the Sayqidi people. Every head of state and their family are invited. It’ll be great.”

The Grand Vizier pinched the bridge of his nose. “Do you know how much planning events like this take?”

“Yes, and I know we can do it. Please? It’ll help me get used to these aspects of being Emira,” she “begged” the Grand Vizier.

He sighed, “Alright. Whatever you say. I’ll let Vizier Farhad know, so he could help you plan and get the invitations printed.”

“Thank you so much! Means a lot.” She grinned.

“But please, please answer the letters of the Khonmani Sheikha and the Sheikh of Khor Sha’aidat. They are very important,” He sighed.

“Don’t worry, I will,” She rolled her eyes.

The Grand Vizier took his leave to inform Vizier Farhad and the door closed. The Emira smiled to herself, excited to begin planning.

===============================================================================================================

After the invitations have been printed, they were found in the mail of every head of state. 

8 June 2022,
Bingol Royal Palace, Bingol, Packilvania

Prince Thumim was deep in thought as he poured over documents in his study. His advisers and attendants were conversing on various topics of state in the beautiful and intricately decorated room.

His secretary entered the room and announced, “Sir, the ambassador of the Serene Empire of Sayyed is here for his appointment”. (“Sheikh, muiluhid aluMamlukimiyat luHadi a-Sayaad mufaykhal lumaweyd aishne”.

Prince Thumim nodded and concluded his meeting. He went to the parlor where the ambassador was waiting.

“Good afternoon, Mr Ambassador”, Prince Thumim said warmly as they shook hands. (“Ashamiliya, muSayid muIluhid”.)

The ambassador returned the greeting and explained that the Emira of Sayyed had invited him to a ball in her realm on the 19th of June. The ambassador handed the beautifully decorated letter to the Prince’s secretary who read it aloud for him.

“Thank you for presenting the letter, Mr Ambassador. I will reply to the letter in good time”. (“Miamtinan khadun muSayid muiluhid. Mialradu welumustaf welukhron lupajeer”)

The ambassador took his leave. As he did, Prince Thumim’s secretary asked, “Sir, do intend on going?” (“Sheikh, duyakhtarfi khayadhab?”)

“I shall decide”. (“Miyakhtarul”).

Tvillingblom Palace
June, 2022

At last, summer had come for the Cryrian Isles. Lake Lasi, once a steely-gray, now sparkled beneath a gentle sun that reflected off the pale towers of Tvillingblom Palace and turned its gardens green once more. Little Isak was no doubt scurrying about them even now, judging from the increasingly harassed look on the Protocol-Captain’s face. Ulrika could feel a little bad for Camilla - Childwatching had hardly been in her job description, and the Prince had a tendency to find himself in important places he ought not be.

I should go see her relieved of it, Ulrika mused. The schoolyear had just ended, and she was loathe to see her brother shipped off for the summer before she could spend some time with him. Ademar knew, she scarcely saw the twins these days now that they’d begun their service periods. With each passing year it seemed that the silence of Tvillingblom lay ever more heavy.

Alas, the demands of the Throne cared not for season or solitude.

“…the question of your retinue remains an open question however. Lady Reitz is seeking to initiate her campaign for Secretary-General, and will likely be occupied. I may need to recommend that you are accompanied by one of our diplomatic staff in-region.”

“It is not an official diplomatic summit. The Household Ministry is in agreement on that matter. I will be accompanied by Protocol-Captain Sylte where necessary. You may consider me to be adequately chaperoned,” the Queen allowed some dry humor to enter her voice. Enough to tell the Foreign Minister that she was beginning to find his concerns irritating, “If you wish to embed your people within my staff for the trip, you have my approval.”

Maravel evidently accepted this.

“As you say, your Grace,” he crackled back over the phone, “My Ministry will review and forward your response.”

To the Honorable Vizier Farhad Hanifnejad and Emira Scheherazade Al Sayyed,

On the occasion of your Coronation I wish to extend to the Emira my sincere congratulations and best wishes for herself and her  family, and my hopes for the welfare and prosperity of the people of Sayyed throughout her reign. I further affirm my receipt and appreciation of your invitation, and will be honored to attend. I will look forward to greeting you in person, and till then wish you good fortune and happy years to come.

With warmest regards,
Ulrika II
House of Leidensen
Queen of All Cryria

Lukhaman lumalayka a-Bakhilfaniya
Official communication of Packilvania

Dear Emira Scheherazade of Sayyed,

I humbly accept your invitation to attend your ball. I look forward to it.

Ashamiliya
Prince Thumim a-Namdun Bedon,
luWasiyu a-Bakhilfaniya | Regent of Packivlania

Bjørn Slottet, Vakkerhavfruebukt, Vakrestrender
8th June, 2022

Relaxing in the library, Jarl Jørgen was resting on the sofa kicking his feet up on his coffee task in front of him. Reading something from his personal section in his family’s library in the castle.

“Master Bjørn, I have a letter for you that’s stamped from the Sayyed Empire.” Mrs. Ullmann, the estate manager for Bjørn family as well a close friend of Jørgen. “Ah, thank you Mrs. Ullmann, would you care to join me for some tea?” The nekomimi maid shook her head no, “Sorry master Bjørn, however we have several new members on staff and I wish to train them in person.”

“Ah, another time then. Also, can you stop calling me master Bjørn? It feels… strange.” Jørgen tilted his head towards his head of staff. Who only replied with “I understand Jarl Bjørn the Vth.” She gave a half body bow and moved away, leaving the room.

Jørgen mumbled, taking out the letter from the envelope. Quickly reading it over before giving a smile. “It’s been a good long while since I left Vakrestrender.” He said, speaking to himself, “Great, now I am going mad and talking to myself.” He signed, taking out some of his own paper to write out a letter.

It is with my most sincere and respectful wishes in all matters of success in Emira Coronation. I speak for all of my people when I wish for the kind welfare and prosperity for all of Sayyed. 
I warmly accept your invitation and am honored to attend.

From the warm beaches of Vakrestrender
Jørgen Bjørn the Vth
House Bjørn
Jarl of Vakrestrender

===
Ciriliadatur Estate, Neylapdor, Lapliszna
8th June, 2022

Esta Ciriliadatur sipped her coffee as she walked around the greenhouse in her estate. Pondering the letter that was delivered to her just a few moments ago. “Eh, what the hell. John began writing.” The nekomimi following behind started writing on his clipboard.

Greeting to the Honorable Vizier Farhad Hanifnejad and Emira Scheherazade Al Sayyed,

I warmly accept your invitation and I am beyond words honored to attend the event. It is with my deepest part of my heart and my prayers to the spirits that wealth, welfare and love will go throughout all of Sayyed.

From the land of Winter
Esta the Ist, Ciriliadatur
House Ciriliadatur
Jarlynja of Lapliszna

Naryan, Tribe of the Manirak, Kuduk
8 June 2022

Crocheting his hundredth blanket this year, Ika sat in his room undisturbed until Chief Advisor Chaatwa came crashing.

“Chief! A letter overseas arrived addressed to you!” Chaatwa’s enthusiasm died down once he saw Ika surrounded by his hand-made blankets, “It is not becoming of a Chieftain to sew.”

“I’m not sewing! It’s crochet!” retorted Ika, “And, who’s the letter from?”

“It’s from the Vizier of Sayyed, its an invitation to a celebration for the recent coronation of a new Emira. Are you planning to attend?”

Ika thought about it for a moment, “I don’t see why not, it would be a great way to spend the start of the summer!” Ika began writing a response letter to the invitation,

To Vizier Farhad Hanifnejad of Sayyed,

I am happy to receive an invitation for such a wonderful event and I gladly accept! I send my deepest congratulations to Emira Scheherazade for her coronation and wish her a wonderful summer!

From Kuduk, With Sincerity,
Chief Ika Naryan of the Manirak

Koyukuk, Tribe of the Yevaks, Kuduk
8 June 2022

Kara was in her room when the Anka of the Yevaks, Ikwaia, barged in bearing a letter from the Emirate of Sayyed.

“There’s a letter addressed to you, Chief.” Ikwaia reported, “Its from overseas, and it seems quite important. I suggest you take a look.”

Ikwaia handed the letter over to Kara, and she reviewed its contents, “Ikwaia, tell the court that I’ll be absent for a week.” Spoke Kara in a gruff tone.

“Right away,” Ikwaia said while exiting the room.

Kara began writing a response letter,

To the Honorable Vizier Farhad Hanifnejad of Sayyed,

I’m honored to receive an invitation and I will gladly attend the ball. I send my best wishes to the health of the Emira and her family.

Sincerely, 
Chief Kara Koyukuk of the Yevak

There, in the office of the Chancellor sat Anrah with a cup of coffee, her gaze fixed on the far side of the room where a vintage phonograph baring the markings of Zytane rested on an ebony table meticulously given shape by skilled craftsmen from blocks of blackwood. From the door in front of her a knock, soon followed by the soft voice of a young woman could be heard.

“Mrs. Chancellor.”
So it seems, it was her assistant. Anrah had told her time and time again to simply enter the room but so she admittedly could never drop the habit.

“Please enter.”
Responded Anrah.

The handle turned as the door opened, the assistant walking in to present her the mysterious envelope which had just arrived - making sure to close it as she did.

"An invitation from the Serene Empire of Sayyed, ma’am.*
The assistant said, giving the envelope to Anrah with both hands. Anrah extended her free hand to receive it and already she could tell that this occasion would not be a simple one.

“Thank you. You may leave.”
Anrah told the assistant who gave her a nod before turning to leave the room.

As she inspected the item, she noticed that inside the tear-resistant envelope rested an RSVP, the invitation itself and a detail card which contained reception and accomodation information. Anrah was fairly surprised by the quality of the textured cardstock which felt smooth and pleasant to the touch while still retaining a classically gorgeous look. The hand-drawn art which graced the card only ever adding to the luxurious feeling.

Anrah carefully read through the contents of the cards before realising that this card itself is, perhaps, a symbol of Sayqidi affluence. The occasion seemed highly abrupt but Anrah wasn’t complaining for this would be a perfect excuse for her to avoid the terrible tensions of the Saenad for a while.

To the Honorable Grand Vizier Farhad Hanifnejad and Her Imperial Majesty Emira Scheherazade Al Sayyed,

I have great pleasure in recieving a kind invitation from Her Imperial Majesty and it would like to affirm that it would be an honour for me to represent Mirhaime on this special occasion.

Long may Her Imperial Majesty reign.
May the friendship between the Federation of the Mirhaimian Realm and the Serene Empire of Sayyed forever remain fruitful in the spirits of solidarity and peace.

Sincerely,

Anrah Witra Siinkar nar Pankow’ka.
Chancellor of the Federation of the Mirhaimian Realm.

Uravin, Auravas
8th June, 2022

Sitting at her desk, Jakia was typing away on her computer, a cup of coffee next to her, when she heard the click of the doorknob. The face of Jakia’s assistant materialized in the gap. “Mrs. Prime Minister,” she exclaimed as she opened the door and stepped in the office, “you have a letter”.

“Thank you.” Jakia replied and smiled. As her assistant exited the room, Jakia examined the beautifully decorated letter, and opened it up. Inside was an equally decorated card, inviting all heads of state to a week of formalities in Sayyed. This event could greatly help with Sayqidi-Auravasi relations, Jakia mused, as well as giving me an opportunity to meet with other world leaders. It’s been a while since I’ve taken a break anyway. Jakia rummaged through her shelves before finding an empty piece of paper and pen, and began writing.

I wish to extend to the Emira and her family my congratulations and my hopes for the prosperity of Sayyed. I warmly accept your information and I am honored to attend and represent Auravas to this event.

Sincerely
Jakia Aneya
Prime Minister of Auravas

(Joint post with Cowlass)

Scarlet Castle, Nystatiszna
8th June, 2022

Ingrid took a sip from her tea cup as she opened the letters with her letter opener that was in the shape of a knife that had a skull symbol on it. It was a gift she had gotten from Esta during her coronation. Most letters were the usual request of help on individual issues from the parliamentarians in the country. She tried to be most dutiful in being available to answer all of them, certainly one of the main things would be giving this country better access to the internet. Though when she got to her last letter, it was not one she expected. Instead it was one from the Emira of Sayyed, her eyes quickly scanning through the page allowing a small smile to form. She leaned into her single seat sofa, and let her feel the warmth of the fireplace as she pondered if she should go. “I guess I should call dad, he likely has been invited as well.” Ingrid thought to herself as she took out her phone and video called Olav. After a few seconds the call was accepted and Ingrid saw Olav wearing his reading glasses as he looked closely into the camera.

“Ah sweetie, I was just talking with Jørgen here while doing some paperwork.” Olav said as the sounds of papers being shuffled in the background, and Jørgen waved to Ingrid on his end as he popped up into the call.

“Ingrid it’s been too long! How have you been in that spooky castle of yours?” Jørgen let out a grin, “That old castle stories have reached even far down here after you took ownership of it.”

Olav raised an eyebrow at that, his glasses falling to the tip of the nose as he looked up at the camera. “Spooky? I haven’t been told there was anything that special about Ingrid’s new castle…”

“And that’s because it isn’t!” Ingrid said with a nervous laugh. “Anyways I was here to check if you got the invitation to the event in Sayyed?” She pulled out the letter she got from the Emira.

Olav with a small tired laugh pulled out his own letter as well. “I’ve gotten several of these over the last few years.” He said as he scratched the back of his head, and gave his daughter a warm smile. “Not certain I will come though, I know Jørgen here will so you have at least one here to rely on.”

“Not just myself but Esta will be there as well!” Jørgen looked warmly towards Ingrid, “It will be good to get to know her, she is your neighbor after all plus a good friend of mine. She always visits me during the animation expos I host in Vakrestrender.”

Olav’s eyes twitch at hearing that Esta was going to the event. “Oh she is as well?” Olav said with a fake grin on his face. “Well that is just wonderful.” The sound of paper being crumpled in the background could be heard. “I don’t think I would be available to come to this event.”

Ingrid took a sip from her tea, she had the tiniest of smirks as she spoke with a soft tone. “Awww why not?”

“Because I’m busy.” Olav gritted his teeth together as he spoke. “Perhaps I should send someone in my stead.”

“Perhaps you can send in Estrid! It would be great to get the old coronation gang together again.” Jørgen leaped into the conversation, clapping his hands joyfully.

“I think that is a wonderful idea.” The king said simply as he reached underneath the desk to get a whiskey bottle, one which he got from his wife, as he made his own Eyjarian coffee.

“Yeah all four of us would have a lot of fun!” Ingrid said excitedly, as Olav took a sip from his coffee.

“Here, I bring Esta and Estrid into the call!” Jørgen didn’t wait for Olav to protest.

“Hello loves, oh! Olav, it’s been long since we last talked.” Esta gave a smile, winking into the camera.

“Not on camera, you might make Olav blush.” Jørgen jokes, sharing a laugh with Esta at his own joke.

Olav took a big sip from his coffee cup as he simply gave Esta a nod. Soon later Estrid joined, looking surprised at the amount of people in the video call. “Oh, hi!” Estrid gave a wave towards the camera. “Ingrid, Esta! It’s been a while! How is it up north in Borea?”

Ingrid smiled sweetly at that. “It is quite a new thing to get used to, and a lot of paperwork. But I’m doing fine.” She said as she waved towards Estrid as well. Olav mumbled something under his breath, but was kept too quiet for anyone to hear.

“Sorry, what was that Olav? We couldn’t quite hear that!” Esta questioned, with a wide smile on her face.

“Nothing major of importance, Esta.” Olav said with a fake warm smile. “Just saying how much I relate having to deal with so much paperwork.”

Jørgen looked at Olav curiously, knowing Olav loves his paperwork. “Well, Ingrid at least you not only have a reason to tear yourself away from paperwork but get to network with other leaders. Plus when Esta is around it’s never a dull moment.” He looked toward Esta, who only giggled. “I promise we’re not going to get arrested for speeding against Jørgen, cross my heart hope to die.” She replied.

“Oh are you all going to that event in Sayyed?” Estrid asked with a curious tilt of the head. “I wish I could come with you guys.”

“Well, If you want you can!” Olav said as he clapped his hands giving Estrid an actual genuine warm smile. “I will be too busy with work to join the event, and I think the daughter of my favorite sister, don’t tell Astrid, would be best to represent me.”

“Awww thank you uncle Olav!” Estrid said, smiling brightly.

“I think you young ones would have more fun without an old man like me ruining it.” Olav let out a warm laugh as he took a small sip from his coffee.

“Oh Olav you are not that old ” Jørgen laughed, “Don’t worry, I will make sure she gets home safe and sound.”

Esta laughed “So no late night drives around the town this time Jørgen?”

“No late night drives, midnight runs to Morst Feed or test drives.” Jørgen smile while waving his finger no. Esta faked a pout to the camera. “Oh and definitely no running  in heels this time. My legs are still hurting from last time.” Jørgen joked.
“You just need more practice Jørgen!” Esta giggled back, hiding her smile with her hand.
“Oh, that’s business calling me. I gotta go loves, see you all soon!” Esta blew a kiss towards the camera and left the video call.

“I will also be going.” Ingrid said, giving a sweet smile towards the camera. “If you need any help picking an outfit, Estrid. I will gladly help you.” Leaving the video call right afterwards as Estrid said her thanks.

“I am really thankful Olav for letting me represent you in this!” Estrid said, clapping her hands excitedly. “Any tips before I go?”

“Don’t listen to Esta.” Olav said as he took a sip from his coffee.

Jørgen let out a warm laugh, “Best advice I heard all year. She’s a little she-devil but if you need help to pick out an outfit. You have my number.” He smiled warmly.

“She is a she-devil.” Olav said full on seriously, as Estrid left the call giving the two a small wave.

Jørgen laughed “She really is!”

Olav let out a sigh. “Trust me, you have no idea how much of a menace she is.” He took a sip from his coffee cup.

“Oh? Has she caused trouble for you too? Any police reports I can read?” Jørgen smiled

“She has caused headaches that I can not talk about.” Olav said as he drank up what was left in his coffee cup.

Jørgen let out an “oooo” while covering his mouth with his hand. “How scandalous!” He let out a smile, “I think I can understand you, she caused me plenty of headaches that I probably can’t share in polite company either.” He slipped out a laugh.

Olav looked into his desk, pondering if he was going to make himself another Eyjarian coffee but decided against it. “Well was there anything else you wondered or had questions to ask me?”

“So you and Esta huh?” Jørgen asked with a raised eyebrow and a smug grin

Olav, not liking the implication, ended the call right then and there, leaving Jørgen to his own thoughts as he took a sip straight from the whiskey bottle.

It is with my most sincere and respectful wishes in all matters of success in Emira Coronation. I speak from the bottom of my heart that I wish for the welfare and prosperity for all of Sayyed. 
I however I unfortunatly cannot join the corronation. I will be sending my niece Princess Estrid at my stead.

From the Imperial Realm of Norgsveldet
Olav I
House Ymirdval
King of Norgsveldet and its Crown Realm.

Greeting to the Honorable Vizier Farhad Hanifnejad and Emira Scheherazade Al Sayyed,

I warmly accept your invitation and I am beyond words honored to attend the event. It is with my deepest part of my heart and my prayers to the spirits that wealth, welfare and love will go throughout all of Sayyed. It is a pleasure  I get to visit your wonderful nation, and see tthe beauty of its culture.

From the land of Nystatiszna
Ingrid the  Reclaimer
House Ymirdval
Matriarch of  Nystatiszna

I am honored to have received the invitation to the Emira’s coronation and I am glad to accept the invitation. Until we meet in person, I shall extend my best wishes for the prosperity of your nation, its people, and the Emira via this letter. May your reign be long and blessed.

Sincerely from the Empire of Asendavia
Jon VII
House of Harstad
Emperor of Asendavia and King of Vaklori

From the Office of the President

Honorable Vizier Farhad Hanifnejad and Emira Scheherazade Al Sayyed,

May I offer our deepest and warmest congratulations on your union!
It isn’t every day that such a momentous occasion comes around, and we
are honored to have been invited. Please expect Madam President Minerva Todd
for the occasion. She looks forward to the event!

[hr]

From the Office of the Chancellor

To the Honorable Vizier Farhad Hanifnejad and Emira Scheherazade Al Sayyed:

It is with the warmest regards and deep honor to accept your invitation for such
festivities. The deep connection that Sayyed and Salovia once shared lingers on
in the hearts of many, and I hope that, though our country has since broken, we
keep that fire of comradery lit for centuries to come!

The Chancellor of Tuvaltastan

[hr]

The Executive Office

To Honorable Vizier Farhad Hanifnejad and Emira Scheherazade Al Sayyed,

As a nation whose history is so deeply intertwined with our own,
it would be my honor to accept your invitation!
Tanya Tarasovna, President of Tivot

Al Mahadiyya Palace

What the guests would be looking at was the face of the palace, which was only their first taste of the grandeur of Al Mahadiyya. The gardens that lined the entrance were incredibly green and lush, covered in plants that were only found in Sayyed, most commonly the national flower: the White Iris. The warmly-colored tiled flowerbeds complemented the beautiful scenery. The front of the palace was a true display of Sayqidi wealth and craftsmanship, elaborately hand-decorated murals cover the walls. But when the guests enter, the grandeur gets even more extreme.

Each guest, upon arrival, would receive a card describing the parts of the palace they were permitted to go to
The Golden Courtyard - The heart of the palace and where most of the festivities will take place. It includes the passageways to other parts of the palace. The courtyard contains the throne room, the Hall of Luxury, the dining hall the Hall of Viziers — which itself is its own area with its own rooms — and the royal library. 
The Court of Flowers - The gardens of the palace. It leads to the Bayt Alsala of the palace and multiple kiosks decorate the gardens.
The Court of Heroes - The court dedicated to memorabilia of Sayqidi fathers and mothers. Crown Prince Hakim may be bothered to tell you the story of his ancestors.
The Court of Guests - Where the guests will be housed for the entirety of the event. The rooms are sizeable and contain multiple amenities that the guests may need, if the main guest were to bring others along, they will also get similar amenities.

But how about one of the largest portions of the palace? The Imperial Harem, the residence of the royal family (kind of excluding the Emir/a and the grown prince), is forbidden to enter, without the permission of Vizier Farhad Hanifnejad, the ruling Emira, and/or Hazinedar Usta Maryam Esfahani.

The afternoon of June 18th, 2022
Emira Scheherazade Al Sayyed
“Okay, but I really want to see the guests!” The Emira excitedly urged the Grand Vizier.
“They aren’t here yet, I believe, but they should be here soon.”
“Then let me see them when they arrive—”
“No! You’re expected, as the Emira, to make an entrance during the event. Your brother, Crown Prince Hakim, will be greeting the guests and getting them settled.
“It’s not fair; I’m the Emira, therefore I should be able to see the guests!”
“You’re acting like a child right now, and that’s not befitting of an Emira.”
“I know—”
A maid walked up to the Emira, “My Emira, the Walida Emir is here to see you.”
She turned to the maid, “You may let her in.”
The maid nodded before opening the doors, revealing Dikranouhi, the Emira’s mother, who was wearing a formal black dress with a sweetheart neckline. She promptly walked up to the Emira, doing a curtsy before she spoke.
“My daughter.”
“Mother,” the Emira responded.
“How are things?”
“Vizier Hanifnejad came in a while ago and reported that everything is set for the dinner tonight.”
“And everything else?”
“Everything is prepared.”
“Good, good. I’ll be with your brother, receiving the guests, make sure you’re ready for tonight.”
“I will mother.”
“Good good.” She gently turned the Emira’s head to her and gave her a kiss on the forehead, before turning around and walking out of her chambers.
“I’ll also be taking my leave, my Emira,” The Grand Vizier started to make his way to the door. “Don’t leave the wing before dinner.”
The Emira simply nodded.
Crown Prince Hakim Al Sayyed
Hakim waited for the guests in the receiving room, which was just at the entrance hall of the palace. As guests came, he respectfully greeted them, stating their titles as he did, and eventually handing them to a servant who guided them to the guest wing.
The young prince wore a tailored traditional Sayqidi jacket with intricate hand-made embroidery. He wore a velvet turban with his crown decorating it, a symbol of his power.
He knew that if for some reason, his sister were to give up the throne (willingly or otherwise), he would have to take up the responsibilities of being Emir and Padishah of Sayyed, so he made sure his mannerisms were that suitable for an Emir while trying to not anger his mother for acting “above his status”.
As he received the guests, his face got more tired from the number of smiles he had given, but, it was okay, for the positivity of all the guests was what helped him power through receiving them.
After a few guests had gone through, the Walida appeared behind him.
“Mother!” He turned around.
“My son.” She nodded as she stood near the couch. “I’m here to help you receive all the guests…and teach you how to do it properly, as how a crown prince and a potential Emir should.”
“Right,”
“Remember that we have high profile guests: Presidents, Kings, Queens, Emperors, Princes, Dukes, and more. You, as the Crown Prince, shall make sure you appear like one. You cannot dishonor our family.”
“Yes, mother.”
Dikranouhi joined Hakim in the receiving of the guests, having more elegance and grace than what she believed her daughter, the Emira, will ever have.
Tonight would be a night of grandeur, but it would only be a taste of the parties that were to come.

“Scheherazade.”

“Schzerahede.”

“Scheherazade.”

“Emira.”

Ulrika offered Gjöl a weak shrug, “Little sense in having a title if clueless folks like me can’t use it in place of the name.”

“… As you say, Your Grace,” murmured the Foreign Ministry attache.

It had been a nuisance of a flight from Leidenstad to Sayyed, and not even all the amenities of a private aircraft could alleviate the impacts of foul weather and delays. It was only the heavy jolt of the plane landing which offered some respite.

The Protocol-Captain ducked into the cabin.

“They’ll be ready for us to disembark momentarily,” she reported, “Best you prepare, Your Grace. I’ll see to the gifts.”

Ulrika nodded silently and pushed herself off the armchair, smoothing out her dress - A deep Leidensen blue, made of a fabric forgiving enough for the heat. She pitied Camilla - The Protocol-Captain had insisted on retaining the heavy coat of her uniform.

“If you pass out, I shan’t be carrying you home,” the Cryrian Queen felt obliged to say one last time.

“If I should pass out in the half-minute it takes to get us from here to someplace air-conditioned, you may appoint someone else to my position, Your Grace,” Camilla said drily, “Gjöl, would you like it? You can have it next.”

The Foreign Ministry man raised his hands as if to say, Kindly leave me apart from this.

—-

Say what one would about the heat, the one thing she had not been prepared for was the light. The desert sun seemed righteously ready to sear away the eyes of anyone caught standing beneath the open skies. It took a moment for the Queen to adjust, and then adjust again upon arrival at the entrance wing which featured such blessed things as four walls and a roof. Certainly though, she could find some appreciation for the palace’s other architectural elements. To one well-used to the building styles of Novaris, this was an unfamiliar sort of place, and it seemed she might indeed have some time to consider it because…

Ah dear. I am fashionably early, aren’t I?

17 June 2022
International Airport, Al Salarqa, Sayyed

Asmira was responsible for planning and coordinating the trip. Her father was the Duke of Medayin and had gotten her a job at the Imperial Court. She was one of the few women to have the kind of access and power that she did and always made sure to exercise diligence.

For security and logistical reasons, Imperial Court had to decline the Sayqidis’ generous invitation to stay at their Palace. Thus, the Imperial Court booked a 100 room 5 star hotel. The booking was kept classified. She was sent ahead of the festivities to ensure that the necessary resources were in place for the Prince’s visit. Furthermore, the Packilvanian State Security Agency conducted a security sweep of the hotel. Plain clothes guards were posted throughout the building to ensure that nothing nefarious like bombs or poison got to the Prince.

The hotel operated a skeletal staff and all the staff were made to sign non-disclosure agreement. Only the senior-most officials in either government were allowed to know. Of course, the Prince also wanted privacy as there was a special guest who was in attendance with him.

Asmira arrived at the Palace and inspected everything from the kitchenware to the bed linen, wanting to ensure it was ready for the prince’s arrival. The support staff which included security team, protocol advisers, administrators, medical personnel etc. was already moving in and taking their rooms. A security sweep of surrounding buildings also had to be conducted to prevent any would-be snipers from getting a go at him from one of the surrounding buildings.

A fleet of 3 custom built opulent Royal Redrugus limousines had been flown in for the occasion to facilitate travel between the Palace and the Hotel.

18 June 2022
Arrival of the Prince

The Prince’s plane came on the runway like a Swan landing in a pool of water. He swiftly met dignitaries and paraded through the streets (to mixed reviews). People were jubilant to see all the powerful and important foreign guests who had come to honour their monarch and country but at the same time, there were some who didn’t agree with his style of ruling and made that known through peaceful but no less hostile protest.

It was somewhat unnerving for him as this kind of picketing was largely uncommon in Packilvania. He thought to himself, this is why we are not a democracy. On his arrival, he was made aware of all the protocol to be followed and proceeded to the Palace. One thing he enjoyed about these kinds of diplomatic engagements was the pomp and circumstance and the opportunity to flaunt obscene wealth. For his gift, he agreed to lend a pink elephant to the Sayqidi national zoo and for the Emira herself, he brought a diamond and white gold encrusted tiara and various amulets, necklaces and bracelets delicately made by the most skilled Packilvanian craftsmen.

On this occasion, he wore a white turban with a Ruby and diamond pin with a long white ostrich feather. He wore long flowing orange robes embroided with white images and beaded with semi-precious stones. In Packilvania, men didn’t often wear colourful robes but today was a special occasion.

“Well, I’ll say this much, it’s one of the nicer parts of Gondwana I’ve had the pleasure of visiting,” Saga grunted. The Duchess took a positively violent bite out of what had been a conveniently located apple before returning her gaze to the window and the dusty streets that lay beyond the hotel grounds.

“Low bar, admittedly.”

From somewhere behind, Jochi made a noncommittal grunt that she decided to treat as agreement. The aide had been with her since that fateful invitation at the Gezer Conference, and prying a real sentence out of the Kapan was still like pulling the ears off an elf.

A soft ping of a phone notification emanated from the man’s pocket, and a moment later he spoke, “The Queen’s landed.”

“Can’t throw a rock over your shoulder without hitting one of those in this city,” Saga said drily, “Whose?”

“Ours.”

The Duchess took another bite and offered a half shrug with her free hand as if to say What of it?

“I’ll pay my respects at the Coronation,” she said after a moment. That much was expected of her. Any particular occupant of the Drifting Throne was an easy person to forget about at most times, but she was old enough to know that it was the little things that got you burned in the end.

For now, though, there were more interesting things to think about. The Crown Prince was evidently looking to put on his own spectacle here, clearly - Though really, she was beginning to wonder if there was not a fine line between that and overshadowing the Emira’s own coronation. And of course, there were the other heads of state who would be present, the sort of access one could usually only dream of…

This was a useful place to be.

SALARQI AIRSPACE
7:32 AM

Anrah is no stranger to the flight path from Loren to Salarqa. From the grand balls her father was invited to when she was but a timid little girl and the honeymoons she had with her beloved to occasions such as this. Looking out the window of the aircraft, Anrah saw from afar the silhouettes of fighter jets approaching. “TKNs” she mumbled to herself - her pronunciation of T and K distinctive of one from Uso whilst her K carrying more resemblance to the martial sounding dialect spoken in Pankow - as she looked upon a flight of two TKN-82s carrying the insignia of the Sayqidi Imperial Flying Force slowly approach and matching the velocity of her plane. A pilot tipped the wings of their aircraft back and forth, a sign she recognized to be a greeting.

“When will we arrive?” she turned to ask her assistant, a young woman in her early thirties.
“no more than twenty minutes, madame.”
Answered the assistant in kind.

“You look worried, madame.”
The assistant reluctantly asked as Anrah’s focus shifted from the picturesque view outside the window to her. Anrah paused before a moment. She was pleasantly surprised of the question.

“Yeah”
She nodded her head. Anrah’s never been a talkative person, not to her staff at least - a trait she inherited from her father.
“Have you ever been to an event…a-a-a…”
Anrah stuttered as she pulled from her pocket a Ytari cigarette,
“…a Ball like this before, Clodagh?”
Asked she, lighting the cigarette with a lighter and taking a drag.
She’s never been one to care about safety regulations hence why she’s taken the liberty to divert budget to ensuring that the necessary safety equipments are installed in the last refurbishment the aircraft had just so she could have a smoke.

“N-no madame.”
Answered the assistant standing firm with her notepad, dare not relaxing her posture.

“I hope you brought a nice dress or suit. You’re about to soon.”
Anrah said as the eyes of her assistant lighted up.

“What?
They didn’t tell you?”
Anrah looked upon her joyous assistant and, with a gulp of whiskey, commented. And, for a moment, the assistant stuttered.

“Well, I’m not going anywhere without my assistant.”
Anrah smiled, breaking away the anxiety.

“Now, could you do me a kindness bring my daughter and husband to meet me by S2?”
Her eldest daughter and husband were the only family members she brought with her for the occasion, as her two younger sons were stuck on campus for semester finals. She knows how those poor sods were never ones for fetes of this sort in the first place, and how stubborn they could be - a trait they undoubtedly inherited from her.

“Of course, madame.”
The assistant nodded, poorly hiding away her excitement before retreating from the room for S2.

“Silly…”
Anrah mumbled to herself as she took yet another drag from the half-finished cigarette.

–TO BE CONTINUED WHENEVER I DON’T FEEL HALF-DEAD–

17 June 2022

Kara and Ika began to board their flight from Älemsi Negdel to Sayyed. The two chiefs had planned to travel to the coronation ceremony together. After the flight gave a delicious meal and refreshments, Ika fell sound asleep and Kara stayed awake watching movies.

The first thing they noticed when they stepped out of the plane was the heat, their clothing was clearly not made for a climate like this. Kara and Ika collected their bags at the airport and headed to the hotel in a taxi.

“It’s… a lot hotter than I expected,” Kara mentioned, “I don’t think these robes are the most heat resistant.” 

“I was planning to buy clothes here anyway, so we can wear those instead!” reassured Ika.

After arriving at the hotel, they each entered their rooms and rested until the next day. Although both of them have been on flights before, neither have ever been on a flight long enough to completely wear them out.

18 June 2022

The following morning, the two attempted to buy clothing at a nearby store, but were taken aback by the prices of everything. 

“These prices are ridiculous! How does anyone buy stuff here?” Ika said to himself

“Everyone here can afford it. Well, everyone minus us I guess.” Kara responded

“How about this: Until we make it to an air conditioned area, we’ll just wear the inner layer of our clothes.” proposed Ika.

Kara though for a moment, and then nodded in agreement.

They were only just barely able to afford their hotel rooms, but they both knew that if they were to buy these pieces of clothing, they would not have enough money for any food at all. And so, Unable to afford even the cheapest of Sayqidi garments, the two chiefs returned to their hotel and decided to just wear the inner layer of their robes instead.

Now ready and dressed for the occasion, the two of them officially arrived at the ornate palace of Sayyed. Ika was immediately attracted to the beautiful flowers and greenery, and Kara followed him to make sure he didn’t somehow hurt himself.

The light hum of the engine reverberated across the airplane as Aneya gazed out into the sky through the oval window of reinforced glass, her beloved wife, Marka, sitting across the small table whereupon sat an empty cup once filled with pistachios from her. Though the invitation came as a surprise, both of them were looking forward to this friendly trip as it sounded as a good opportunity to escape from the hectic and unrelenting Auravasi winter. Aneya couldn’t quite recall the last time they both had a vacation so the deal only ever seemed sweeter. As Aneya absentmindedly stared at the horizon, she heard her wife’s voice overcome the engine’s ambient noise, and Aneya turned to face her.

“So… a party, huh? Excited to escape the world leader life for a few days?” Marka grinned, closing the book she was reading and packing it away.

Chuckling, Aneya responded, stretching her tired arms on the table in front of her. “Unfortunately, I won’t be able to ignore my position for the next few days. Though, it is nice to not have to the paperwork.”

“You better not drag me into some sort of international incident” Marka teased, her eyes lighting up with humor.

Aneya made an exaggerated sigh “Fiiine, I’ll try not to cause one.” They both chuckled and Aneya turned back towards the window, resting her chin on her palm and watching the desert sands below grow ever closer.

----

The first thing Aneya took note of as she stepped outside the aircraft was the warmer-than-expected weather, and she raised a had to cover her eyes from the Aunrays. Sure, Sayyed was much closer to the equator, but it was technically winter in Sayyed as well, and such an extreme transition of temperature was not one Aneya was prepared for. Taking Marka’s hand, she stepped inside the car waiting for them, and they began making their way to the palace.

(Joint post with Norgs)
17 June 2022
International Airport, Al Salarqa, Sayyed

Jørgen and Esta relaxing in one of the more secluded and private spots of the airport, with their personal guards keeping those who might intrude on the pair of nobility. Waiting on the other two to arrive from their flight.

“Jørgen? How long until they’re here?” Esta whined to her friend.

“They will be here shortly, Esta.” Jørgen didn’t look up from his phone, scrolling through his pidgeon feed.

“I wouldn’t be so bored if you got off your phone and talked to me.” Esta poked Jørgen’s cheek.

“What am I doing now?” Jørgen kept swiping through his social feed.

“I swear to the spirits Jørgen, you are married to that phone. No wonder why you never found a partner.” She gave a laugh, “if you spent as much time posting on your social media accounts and as you did to find someone to marry. Maybe you won’t have to keep watching anime alone.”

Jørgen only rolled his eyes, “Well, I’m not always alone. I have you with me don’t I?” He finally put down his phone, to look at Esta’s slightly annoyed face.

“Jørgen, please listen to yourself sometimes. You sound pathetic right now, seek therapy.” Esta jokes, nudging him in his side.

Jørgen faked a wounded expression, overly dramatically putting his hand over his heart. “You wound me good madam.”

Esta rolled her eyes and gave a smirk at Jørgen’s act. “You truly are a character.”

“Oh, what kind? I would prefer the tsundere archetype but I think I might just be fighting back against my inner Dandere.” Jørgen was joking of course, poking fun at his friend’s comment.

“Jørgen, honey, you know I love you right? Please put the anime talk back in the closet.” Esta laughed at her own little joke.

“Damn, guess I’m going back in the closest again, what a shame.” Jørgen said in a fake sad tone, making a sad face.

“Don’t worry, I will be joining you shortly when my father comes around.” Esta quickly retorted. The pair let out a laugh together.

Estrid excitedly waved at the pair as they walked towards them. “Jørgen! Esta!” She yelled, smiling brightly. Though what was curious is that she wasn’t escorted by many guards, only two.

Though before they could even wonder why they saw an embarrassed Ingrid on the periphery protected by several dozens of guards, some her own while others were security from the Airport. Hundreds of what one had to assume was fans had gathered nearby taking pictures of what felt like every second. Ingrid simply gave an awkward wave to the trio as she slowly made her way to them.

Esta got up and went over to give a big hug to Estrid. “Estrid darling! How are you? It feels like it’s been years.” 
Jørgen also got up, taking out his phone. “Alright, everyone, group picture time!” 
Esta rolled her eyes.

Estrid hugged Esta back smiling sweetly “I have been doing wonderful! How about you?” She said, keeping a hand on her shoulder.

Ingrid sighed tiredly when she arrived at the group. “Sorry for that…” She said, smiling awkwardly. “Jørgen! How have you been? You haven’t gotten in trouble with the cops again from Esta’s driving have you?”

Jørgen let out a laugh, looking at Ingrid, “Well not with driving this time.” He looks at Esta, who wrapped her arm around Estrid’s shoulder and looks back at him with raised eyebrows.

He waved the group together, Estrid and Esta standing next to each other while Ingrid stood in the middle of the group. Jørgen takes the left side of the group raising his camera, “strike a pose everyone!”

Ingrid made a simple wave towards the camera, while Jørgen, Estrid with Esta held up a peace sign. Jørgen took the picture, adding filters to it before posting on his Pidgeon.

“Mind taking another one Jørgen, for little ol’ me.” Esta faked a pout towards Jørgen. He readied the camera again, holding it up.

Esta leaned over to Estrid and kissed her on the cheek. Jørgen covered his mouth in an overly dramatic manner for the photo. Meanwhile Ingrid didn’t bother making a pose rather looking Esta and Estrid with a curious look.

“Uhh, is this one good to post?” He looks over to Estrid in particular.

Estrid’s cheeks flushed heavily. “I-I guess I don’t have much issue with you sending.” She stuttered a little bit as her fingers played with her long black hair. Ingrid silently giggled at seeing her cousin acting like this.

“As long as you’re certain.” Jørgen posts the picture, giving a side look toward Esta who only gives a smug smirk to him.

“How about we get going, hmm?” Ingrid spoke up, giving a curious glance towards Esta, before giving a sweet smile to Jørgen. “We don’t want to get late right?”

Jørgen agreed, “Well we’re a day early but you are correct. So let’s get moving on before Ingrid’s fans overwhelm the guards and swarm us.” He gives a cocky smile to Ingrid. “I have arranged a car to take us to the palace.” He puts his arms around Esta and Ingrid as the party is encircled by security guards as they make their way to the exit.

“Good Spirits it’s hot here!” Esta wiped a bit of sweat from her forehead, used to the harsh Borean weather and not the cursed land where the sun seems to be shooting a death beam on to her.

“Well wearing black gothic dress with a fur scarf ain’t going to help to bear with the sun either dear.” Estrid said with a smirk as she poke Esta’s side, to tease her a little bit. She was far more used to the hot weather compared to her elven counterpart. Estrid had chosen to wear more usual summer clothing such as a fashionable black skirt and white top which made dealing with the heat far easier to deal with such a hot weather.

Ingrid on her end wore the traditional kimono that she had worn at her coronation. While not as bad as Esta in dealing with the heat, she as well had to wipe a bit of sweat from her forehead. “I think Borea made me too weak when it comes to dealing with the heat…”

Jørgen laughed out the two Borean’s misfortune, “Honestly, if you threw in some over the top advertisements, a few cosplays here and there. It’s kinda like Vakrestrender.” Notably the elf did not suffer any of the effects of the heat, much to the two Boreans’ annoyance.

“You don’t have to look so smug about this Jørgen.” Esta took off her fur scarf and forced one of the guards to carry it for her.

“Yes I do.” He quickly replied back with a grin.

Ingrid gave a sharp poke towards Jørgen’s side and then whistled innocently when he turned towards her. Causing Estrid to giggle a little bit. “Bully some poor little girls, Jørgen? For shame!” She dramatically spoke as she gave a fake gasp.

He gives a fake pout, “Esta bullies me every chance she gets, if anything I should be bullying her more to even things out.” His pout changes into a smile, as the group entered into the armor car.

“Thank the spirits, it has AC.” Esta relaxed into the seat after directing the fans towards herself.

Ingrid let out a sigh as she sat down at her seat and had to compete with Esta in trying to get the fans to be directed at her instead. Estrid rolled her eyes, but smiled as she looked towards Jørgen allowing the two Borean monarchs to be left alone in their competition to cool down. “So Jørgen! How are things going down in Vakrestrender? I heard there was a recent Norgsveltian military exercise with the air force stationed there?”

Jørgen shrugged his shoulders, “That’s the prime minister’s and the rest of parliament’s job to deal with. The only thing I know about it is what anime was made abo-” He was cut of by Esta’s foot nudging him and giving him a glare.

“Remember what I said about leaving the anime talk at home?” Esta pouted at him, Jørgen making an overly dramatic puff and crossed his arms. “Fiiiiiine but if it comes in normal conversation…”

Esta rolled her eyes, “If that happens then you can talk about it, but I swear to the spirits if you’re the one who is the first one to talk about anime. I will bully you ten times more than I usually do.”

Jørgen put his hands on his cheek, making an overly dramatic saying “Oh no, even more bullying?” He lets out a laugh, “I promise again I won’t bring it up.”

Esta gave a giggle, fanning herself with her hands. “Oh, I’m almost certain you will break that promise.” Giving Jørgen a smile.

“That’s why I have pictures of you and yo-” Esta spoke in a teasing tone until she was cut off by the only man in the car.

“You wouldn’t dare.” Jørgen leaned closer to his best friend.

“You know I would.” She said with a smirk.

“Fine, fine. I try extra hard not to bring it up.” Jørgen leaned back into his chair, softly laughing at his own misfortune.

Estrid and Ingrid gave a shared look, before the two looked towards Jørgen. Ingrid raised an eyebrow. “What does an air force exercise have to do with anime?”

Esta let out an annoyed groin as a smile grew on Jørgen’s face. “Did you hear that Esta?”

“I did, I did. Just, get it out of your system.” Esta crossed her arms on her chest.

“Well you see, Ingrid and Estrid. Vakrestrender as part of a drive to get people to join Norgsveldet’s military, moe-ized all the military planes, tanks, everything!” Jørgen seemed to be overjoyed about the topic.
“Explain to them what moe-ized means Jørgen, not everyone is as much of a weeb as you are.” Esta rolled her eyes, looking through the tinted windows at the cityscape driving by.

“Oh-oh! Well you see moe-ized is when you take an object, like a HK-45 or a rifle! Then you draw it into an anime character!” He reached into pocket and pulled out his phone. “Here it’s easier to show you it.”

He showed the pair of curious girls a ‘moe-ized’ HK-45. “See?” He smiles greatly while Esta keeps looking outside, refusing to look at the photo again.

Ingrid simply laughed, be it from the ridiculousness of the whole “moe-ized” military equipment or simply being very amused by the banter between Jørgen and Esta. While Estrid just smiled and nodded a long. “They made it so cuteeee!~” Estrid said with a little squeal.

Esta put her hands together in a pleading motion. “Estrid, I beg of you don’t feed into thi-”

“Here’s the aircraft carrier one! She’s holding the HK-45s in her arms.” Jørgen swips the photo to show a meme of the moe-ized aircraft carrier throwing the HK-45s.

Ingrid pats Esta’s back, as Estrid leans over to get a closer look of Jørgen’s phone becoming very interested in anime versions of the different Norgsveltian military equipment. “Has people in Vakrestrender become more interested in joining the Norgsveltian armed forces after this?” Estrid asked, looking up at Jørgen.

Jørgen shrugged his arms, “I just think it’s neat.”

“If you finish with moe-ganda, I believe this is our stop.” Esta spoke as the car came into a stop in front of the al-Mahadiyya Palace.

At the undisclosed Hotel, Sayyed

Prince Thumim was beaming with anxious excitement about the prospect that he was going to be someone’s husband.

He bid his dearest Saga farewell. But not before an onlooker saw them kissing and quickly took a photo and uploaded it to Pigeon and send it to his family group chat on Chatter.

“Isn’t that the Packilvanian Prince?” Someone asked.

Another post read, “Casa Amor, anyone? #RoyalSpice”.

And so on. But luckily the excitement and activity of the Coronation swamped the rumours that were bubbling here. Some people didn’t care enough or know who he was to really have much of an opinion.

Back in the hotel, Thumim summoned his entire staff and said, “Dearest friends. We are to pray to the Goddess to help us do what is right and to thank her for all the good she had done”.

In a large hall in the hotel they placed their mats on the floor, washed their hands and faces and began to lay prostrate facing the direction of Memorial of the Jovian Gate in Packilvania.

“Dearest Goddess, Most Beneficent, Most Merciful. I come to you to ask you to help me to see through this course. I thank you for the abundant and undeserved gift of the love of a woman for whom I am wholly Unworthy. Long may she live and joyful may her reign be”.

Hearing these words, the staff got the hint that she had said yes to his marriage proposal. They all got up and starting jumping and yelling “Long may she live and joyful may her reign be!”.

Thumim was shocked but happy. Usually reserved and serious, he jumped up and down with them and they all laughed with joy. Each one shook his hand firmly congratulating him.

His heart was full and he felt complete.