A new dawn for Arasakami

• ”Mr. President, sir…”

The man in front of the gigantic window on the 32nd floor of the monolith like skyscraper turned around. His sapphire-blue shirt was unbuttoned at the top, the sleeves rolled up to slightly under the elbows. The tie was missing. The black trousers almost made his legs invisible towards the night sky on the outside of the window. The room was completely silent. The president of the republic of Arasakami turned around.

• “Ah yes, Mr. Keenly, of course…”
  • “Sir, they accepted us into the World Assembly” Keenly fidgeted with the wedding ring in his pocket. His black suit impeccable. His tie where it should be.
  • “I know” said the man at the window.
  • “Where do we go from here?” Keenly asked.
  • “I have no idea, we’ve never done this before, have we?”

The president chuckled as he walked over to a small bar behind his desk in the large corner office, poured himself something from a bottle and quizzically gestured with it towards Keenly, who promptly shook his head. The president emptied the glass in one go and turned around.

• “We’ll sort it out in the morning, it’s been a long day”

Keenly nodded, took the hint and headed for the door. Halfway to it he turned around as if suddenly remembering something.

• “Oh, and the press wants a statement, I had Mrs. Hahnfield start on a speech fo…” he was interrupted.
  • “Tomorrow Keenly, tomorrow, get some sleep. I want you to go home to your family and sleep. Say hi to Sandra and the kids for me, will you? Don’t sleep in your office. You know security doesn’t like it. Come in at 10 tomorrow in rime for brunch. Then we sort things out.”

They both smiled. Keenly bowed in an overly dramatic way, turned around and went out the door.

The president felt a slight buzz in his pocket. His phone was ringing, and when he took it out it showed him a picture of his wife. He pressed a button on the encrypted smartphone and waited to the connection to establish itself.

• “Honey I’m sorry, it’s gonna be a late one”

New player, saying hi! I have no idea how most of anything works but I am both on these forums and on the Discord and I will try to read up. Thanks for having me, hoping for my tiny republic to become of use to the region in whatever way I can.