A United Citizenry Concordat

If no one has anything to add, shall we get the party started? I guess this is the part I motion for a vote? And get a second?

I checked it over, besides a weird grammar portion that doesn’t really matter, looks fine. If anything pops up we can just fix it in my own consti amendment XD.

I second. Will put to vote shortly.

Only thing slightly bothering me is Article E, the new Section 2. It mentions “the voter registration process”. However, it is not clear what voter registration is meant, as (if I’m correct) there was no mention of a voter registration prior to this mention.

I’m presuming voter registration will have to be detailed in the election act or something.

[mention]vw53a[/mention] [mention]Bachtendekuppen[/mention]

The process will need to be figured out. Hopefully a Vizier-Magister partnership in making a system that works for all parties involved. Unfortunately we really can’t pass or repeal anything until it actually becomes law. So I figure we’re going to have a transitional period.

I don’t see why the necessary preparations/drafts for that can’t be made already?

— Begin quote from ____

I don’t see why the necessary preparations/drafts for that can’t be made already?

— End quote

What if it doesn’t pass and people wasted their time on something that would be pointless.

It seems to me the risk is minimal, and even then, there are worse things than being too prepared.

It is not a biggie, and it did not make me vote against the amendment. However, the problem I see is a possible abuse of this section. Any vote requiring voter registration, including any silly ones can now be demanded to be overseen by the Praesidium because “The Praesidium, as led by the Grand Vizier, shall be charged with overseeing the voter registration process”. That might have been prevented by specifying the Delegate elections and Concordat referenda in this section.

— Begin quote from ____

It is not a biggie, and it did not make me vote against the amendment. However, the problem I see is a possible abuse of this section. Any vote requiring voter registration, including any silly ones can now be demanded to be overseen by the Praesidium because “The Praesidium, as led by the Grand Vizier, shall be charged with overseeing the voter registration process”. That might have been prevented by specifying the Delegate elections and Concordat referenda in this section.

— End quote

Voter registration is only linked to delegate elections and referenda voting.

— Begin quote from ____

It seems to me the risk is minimal, and even then, there are worse things than being too prepared.

— End quote

Okie dokie. I’ll ping the Magisters to get some debate going.