A War of Change [VOIDED 2017 ZUKCHIVA]

[spoiler]OOC: This is a war that happened in Zukchiva’s past. It will be single player.

In the 1500s, the nation of Bagatork fell into economic trouble when it suddenly became engaged in a war with outside wild men who were very sophisticated in technology. The ensuring war with these tribes made Bagatork spend massive amounts of money on military and fall into economic ruin as a result.
Sevorida, seeing a chance to get a protential ally, proposed an alliance between Sevorida, its ally Marvonia, and Bagatork to form an economic and military alliance. The nation of Bagatork agreed, seeing no other option at the time. The alliance was first known as the Three Nation Power alliance but was later rebranded into the Economic Union Alliance.

Legusica, who had been an ally of Bagatork for many years felt betrayed when Bagatork allied with their enemy, Marvonia. Legusica called for a similar alliance with the nations of Catork and Musika. Both nations agreed due to fright of being annexed by the enemy alliance. They called the alliance the Tertiary War Alliance. The formation of the TWA caused the EU to begin to militarize, which began to increase tensions between the two alliances. For another three hundred years, relations worsened, and tensions rose between the two alliances. Now we reach the Year of 1803, where tensions are reaching a critical point, and war is now coming down on the six nations.
[/spoiler]

Fractions:
Economic Union Alliance:
Nations of Bagatork, Sevorida, and Marvonia.

Tertiary War Council:
Nations of Catork, Legusica, and Musika.

Gugarse, Bagatork
June 15th, 1803
10:17 AM

The candle guttered and spit as General Zaric stared gloomily at a frame across the room. He was in a decorated office, which was unusual even for his rank. Zaric was one of the lucky few who’s family had been wealthy merchants in past era, until the General decided to try for the military. Now he was a successful man with many things that he wanted. Yet, something was missing…

“DAMN IT ALL” he shouted suddenly, before slamming his hand on his desk. The various quills, inkwells, and papers shook. One inkwell fell off and shattered, the glass spinning over the floor, but Zaric didn’t notice. “EVERYDAY, THAT ALLIANCE KEEPS ADDING NEW WEAPONS. EVERYDAY IS A DAMN TERROR TO THIS NATION, AND NOTHING CAN BE DONE!” His rage spent, the General slumped in his seat. Truly, he didn’t want war, but Zaric wished for an end to this standoff. He wished no war on anyone, he only wanted peace. However, nothing else was to be done. Only war would solve this conflict or interests, this standoff of powers. Yes, it was a horrid way to end it, but in the long run it would be easier to declare war than to enter through years of peace treaties and laws that eventually would spark another, more potentially deadly war. War was the only option. Yet despite what Zaric can do, there was no justification for war. They didn’t want anything the EU had, Bagatork was now a prosperous nation, and had enough land to keep itself safe. General Zaric could see no way out of this stalemate between the alliances other than death, and it seems even the most conventional option was taken out of his grasp.

Suddenly, a knock was heard at the door at the front of the room. Zaric wondered who it could be briefly, before clearing his throat loudly. “Come in” he said. The door creaked open, and a man in regular dress entered the room. He looked around briefly before settling his eyes on the General. General Zaric motioned for the man to sit down and speak. The man quickly sat down in a straight posture and began to speak.

“Hello, my name is Tariko Dose. Are you General Zaric?”

Zaric always hated this formality of the army but had to respond in kind anyways. “Welcome to my office Mr. Dose. I am General Zaric, how may I help you?”

Mr. Dose looked down at his papers quickly, before looking back up and handing them over to Zaric. “I have orders from President Garti sir. Basically, he has assigned you the task of preparing and militarizing a task of 3,000 men.”

Zaric tried to hide his surprise, before saying, “What? I was not aware that we have been attacked?!” As a General of the Bagatorian army, he was supposed to be in keeping with the national events.

Mr. Dose sighed. “It is not us being attacked sir. Apparently, Muiskan intelligence forces have picked up evidence that Sevorida had started and supported the supposed failed coup that happened a month ago.”

General Zaric sighed. “Are we really going to war with them over this?”

Mr. Dose nodded his head. “Usually, we wouldn’t interfere in the war or diplomatic incidents that would occur, but the allies of Musika are beginning to mobilize their militaries. Sevorida has called for Bagatork and Marvonia to follow suit. President Garti wants you to lead our army to battle sir, since you are one of the senior generals.”

General Zaric smiled grimly. “Tell the President that I accept this assignment.”

Mr.Dose nodded. Both men rose and shook hands, before Mr.Dose left for his other duties.

The time for war had begun.

Forthi, Marvonia
June 20th, 1803
4:06 PM

General Zaric was standing in the shade of a tree, while its leave blew in the wind. He was overseeing the fine-tuning and training of his troops. Zaric was waiting for the other Generals to arrive from their lodgings and was watching the troops relearn old orders. Learning these orders precisely meant life or death on the battlefield, where troops couldn’t see anything and had to rely on one voice to guide them.

As he was going over these points in his head, General Zaric heard the clomping of hooves on dirt. He turned around to see the Sevorian General ride towards the tree where Zaric was standing. General Zaric quickly wiped off any dust on his clothing, before going out to meet the other general. The Sevorian General dismounted from his horse and tied his horse to a nearby sapling. He then turned around and stuck out his hand. 

“Hello General. I am General Fedrik of the Sevoridan Army.”

General Zaric smiled warmly. “Yes, yes, leave off of the formalities.” He clasps General Fedrik’s hand and shakes it. “I am General Zaric and am honored to serve beside you.” He looked over the shoulder of Fedrik and smiled. “Here comes our other General now.” Fedrik turned around, and both men watched as the silhouette of horse and rider soon became clear in the distance. The clomping of hooves became louder and louder until the General stopped his horse before the two men. He quickly dismounted and stuck out his hand.

“General Marik, at your service.” He said.

General Zaric and General Fedrik looked at each other quickly. Then Zaric looked at Marik and smiled. “Little on the young side now, are we?”. The two men chuckled a little, before Zaric realized that Marik looked at the ground, downcast. He put his hand on Marik’s shoulder and smiled at the young man. “Don’t worry lad. There is no doubt that you earned your place as a General. Everyone knows about how strict Marvonia is with ranks. Now, what do you say that we go, and plan, aye?” General Marik looked up and nodded, and the three men quickly set off for a table and chairs that had been set up in a room nearby. 

“Now men.” General Zaric said, looking into the other men’s eyes, before looking at the map. He pointed at a spot on the map of the surrounding nations. “Here, our intelligence forces say that there is a weapon storage located here.” He moved his finger up the map. “They also believe that there is a major supply storage located here, in Legusica. We believe that the alliance’s armies are gathering in Catork, before entering into Sevorida.” Zaric looked at Fedrik. “Your nation has defenses in place, yes?” 

General Fedrik nodded. “We have militias currently marching towards our border as we speak. We should be fine.”

General Zaric nodded. He looked back at the map again. “What thoughts do you have about this? Any ideas we can implement?” Zaric looked at the other Generals.
 General Marik nodded. “I have no ideas currently, but…” he pointed at the weapon storage. “That seems like it may be a prime ambush spot, don’t you think?”

General Zaric opened his mouth, before closing it again and looking at the map. Now that he looked, it was a good ambush spot. He shook his head, though, discarding the idea. “You may be right, but our intelligence has been successful all these years. I doubt that the army is anywhere near Marvonia, except for defense forces.” General Marik nodded, though he was still a little worried.

“Yes sir.” He said.

General Zaric nodded to the other two men. “Let us be off then.” He said to them.

The men nodded towards each other, before getting up and going their separate ways. They were set to leave in a few days. 

A week later

The man huffed as his horse sped forward. He was spent, having rode for the past few days continuously on horseback, only stopping for meals and 20-minute rests. As he slumped forward yet again in the saddle, before he heard a horse’s neigh somewhere on his way. His horse replied to the foreign horse from afar. The man looked up as the outpost and horse became clearer and clearer, until it was right in front of him. 

The man fell out of the saddle as he pulled on his horse’s reins. The sentry on duty shouted for backup and approached the man with his knife out in a defensive position. He looked carefully at the stricken man before asking, “Who’s there?”.

The man weakly lift a dirty piece of parchment, littered with water and grass stains. The sentry quickly snatched up the paper, holding his knife out as he back away. He quickly read the letter contents, which stated:

I don’t have much time to write this. They found out who I am. They are coming for me. I can’t send this out using normal methods, I’ll have to find some other method before they find this. I have been compromised. I do not know how, or what happened, but it has happened. I have not sent any new knowledge yet and advise to examine any knowledge that comes your way to be examined. I can hear them knocking, now’s the time to stop writing. Good luck.

The sentry’s eyes widened. He called the other sentry over and told him to stay with the fallen man, before running to deliver the message to the leader of the base.

He was already a week late.

Near Grancord, Musika
June 27th
12:23 AM

The horse’s hooves clomped on the soil, as the troops marched in orderly ranks. It was a fine day out side, with the birds chirping, and hardly a cloud in the sky. General Zaric breathed in a deep breathe of air, before looking down on his troops again, on his horse. Personally, he disliked the fact of using a horse, as it made him look superior than the other troops. However, a horse was vital for a general to see what is occurring on the battlefield. Zaric patted his horse absentmindedly.

General Marik rode up next to him and looked at Zaric for a second before speaking. 

“General… are you sure about taking this storage?” he asked hesitantly. Even though the general proved nice so far, many a man had felt anger at having their thoughts and ideas challenged. “Shouldn’t we do a little scouting first?”.

Again, General Zaric felt a spike of fear, before reason calmed him again. He shook his head at General Marik. “No, we would have to spend extra time to scout, and the enemy may find out. Our best bet is to seize their weapons. Thus, they lose some of their weapons, and we gain new ones.” He smiled at the young general. “Plus, it seems they left if unguarded.”

General Marik shook his head in amazement. “How can you tell? We aren’t even close to the storage!?”

Zaric pointed ahead. “Looks can be deceiving.”

Up ahead the two men could see the enemy outpost, which would soon lead to the base and weapon storage. General Marik stopped his horse to catch up with his army, as Zaric rode on. The three armies marched up and through the outposts, and after a few more minutes began to reach the main part of the base. “It seems our guests left us the remains.” He thought to himself. The outpost was deserted. Men were dispatched to check the barracks, where no remains of soldiers could be kept. Whatever had happened, it was done in an orderly and slow fashion.

As the army began to near the storage, General Zaric began to worry. General Marik’s thought of an ambush was becoming more and more plausible. Soon they reached the building where the weapons were reached. Buildings surrounded the storage on both sides, with two sides opposite too each other open to forest. General Zaric swallowed. He waved a few of his men forward to pry open the door, when a man screamed and fell to the dirt. Other men soon followed. General Marik’s assumption had come true.

“AMBUSH, AMBUSH!” General Zaric shouted as the other two generals did the same. “On me men! ON ME!” Zaric’s men rushed into ranks, even as the enemy soldiers drew closer with their muskets. General Zaric saw that there was no hope for his men. They were surrounded by an enemy who was quickly closing in and killing a few of their soldiers all the while. It was the ultimate defeat except for one thing.

General Zaric sighed. He called out to his men, “Lay down your muskets and take your knives!” Instantly the men let drop their muskets and pulled forth their knives from their sheaths. The different blades gleamed in the morning sunlight, which would soon run red with blood. General Zaric pointed at the enemy. “CHARGE!” he yelled, before moving his horse to keep with the back of his men. The enemy soldiers saw what was happening and quickly drew their own knives and charged, screaming war cries.

After a moment of indecision, General Zaric leaped off his horse and grabbed his own knife. Unfortunately, his knife became stuck in its sheath and tangling his hand a little in the process. General Zaric looked up to assess the situation and dropped just in time to avoid a knife for his throat. His shirt sleeve was ripped in half, before Zaric kicked the man in the kneecap. He then managed to free his knife, which he used to slit the man’s throat. He looked around again at the continuing battle and saw many dead bodies lying among the dirt. There were so many from both sides that it was hard to tell who was winning or losing the battle. Zaric was about to disengage and try to lead his soldiers again when he heard a yell.

He looked towards the direction the sound came from and saw a Legusican soldier running to slit the fallen General Marik’s throat. Being too far to engage in combat, General Zaric threw his knife in a precise ark, striking the soldier in the chest. However, it had been some time since Zaric had thrown a knife in practice or battle, so the soldier was only hit by the hilt and briefly stunned. This gave Zaric the time to ran and tackle the soldier. General Zaric quickly grabbed his enemy’s knife and stabbed him in the heart, before picking up his own knife and running to Marik. General Marik had a musket ball buried deep into his arm and was groaning in pain. Zaric stood in front of General Marik, and soon a few of his men had also surrounded him, defending their leader.

It was in this position that the two men remained for the rest of the battle, encamped beside Marik’s stricken horse, relying on Zaric’s and his soldiers’ skill with the blade to get them both out of there alive. The battle lasted for two more long hours, with men dropping and dying of wounds and exhaustion. Knives were damaged, looted, and stolen in what would become known as the Battle of the Swinging Knives. At the end of the battle it was found that both sides had faced heavy causalities. The Economic Union lost about 400 soldiers in their force of 6000 men, while the ambush party lost half of their troops -500- and 300 were severely injured but were deemed to be able to recover eventually. The enemy party surrendered, which lead to the Tertiary War Council losing a total of 1000 men, decreasing their forces to 6000 men against the EU’s force of 5400 men.

The POWs were quickly tied up and sent away with a force of 300 men to cross over the border and deliver them to the Marvonian officials, before reuniting with the main force at a new camp location being set up for a time. General Marik was quickly moved, and after having his wounds examined, deemed fit to attend the impromptu meeting of the generals. The Generals soon met in the meeting tent and looked into each other’s eyes. Zaric sighed and closing his eyes briefly, said the words.

“Let us begin the meeting.”

General Zaric sighed and looked at the other two battle weary men. The fight had been a long one, and the last thing any of them wanted was a meeting. Yet this meeting was necessary in making sure the Generals had a set plant of action and weren’t leading their men aimlessly to what ever enemy position they struck. After the loses they had sustained, the men weren’t in a happy mood. Then hearing a cough from Fedrik, Zaric shook himself from his thoughts. His eyes landed on General Marik, and Zaric smiled sadly.

“It was a sad thing we didn’t listen to you Marik. I have no doubt that if we were more careful, we would not have fallen for that obvious ambush.” He shook his head ruefully. “I still can’t believe I decided to push into the base when no one was there. But enough about me, we need to decide out next course of action.” He looked at General Marik, before bowing his head a little. “Please accept my humblest apologies.”

General Marik blushed and shook his head a little. “N-no sir. If it wasn’t for you and your men, no doubt that I would have lost our heads, and we would have lost the battle. You sir are the true hero here.”

General Zaric nodded, before speaking. “While I personally do not believe what you say, we are not here to give out compliments to each other the whole meeting.” He sighed and leaned back. “Has your intel forces managed to find anything out?” He asked the other two men. General Marik shook his head but General Fedrik stood up and looked fiercely at the map, before pointing at a spot ahead of their planned route.

“Now, I am not sure Generals, whether our spies are correct in their information, or even if the information is still viable if it is. But I have reason to believe that in the spot where I am pointing at, a caravan of supplies will be passing this road. I think we should set up an ambush.” General Zaric nodded thoughtfully before speaking.

“Your information may hold merit Fedrik, except for one thing. If there are active supply caravans in the nation, then it means that their armies are still immobile. Have you sent your spies to see if this is true?”

General Fedrik nodded. “While they couldn’t get too close, our men near their bases believe that the armies of the enemy are currently occupying one massive base. We believe that the enemy is taking a risk and sending a massive load of supplies to the base, which means that most likely they are running out of supplies there.” General Zaric nodded and smiled grimly. 

“And I expect you have a plan of action?” he asked Fedrik.

Fedrik nodded. “As I said, they have a massive supply train traveling to them right in front of us. I propose that we ambush them instead, and even leave a little surprise.”

General Zaric raised an eyebrow. “Surprise?” he asked.

Fedrik smiled. “A nasty one indeed. I’ll take care of everything. I believe that with this little surprise along with ambushing them, we can destroy and seize their supplies. This in turn will cause the loss of morale of the enemy troops, and we can march to surround and ultimately attack them quickly and easily.”

General Zaric nodded. “I think that is a solid plan of attack, though we shall discuss the logistics another time.” He looks slowly at Fedrik. “Care to tell us about the surprise?” he asked.

Fedrik smiled calmly. “Not yet, as it is still being prepared. I assure you that it will be worth our time and effort though.”

General Zaric nodded, though he felt deep inside him a general sense of foreboding, one akin to what he felt before the ambush. “Then, we have decided our goal. Tomorrow we will go over the goal and come up with a plan of attack.” He smiled at young Marik. “Some of us still need rest though, and I well think that they deserved it. I will take my leave now.” Zaric quickly called for someone to help Marik to help Marik out of the tent, before leaving it himself. Fedrik and Marik soon followed.

Thus, the Generals left to discuss a plan of attack the next day.

Somewhere in Marvonia
July 14th
3:04 PM

General Zaric looked out into the distance hoping to see some sign of enemy approach. It had been almost a week and a half since the armies had been encamped here. It had been a long, tiring, and treacherous march. The only thing keeping the men’s spirit up was the fact that they had encountered a city and managed to capture it with minimal resistance and casualties. Even that victory was now forgotten, and the men were grumbling amongst themselves. Some had half a mind to desert and head home, and General Zaric sympathized with them. Yet he also knew that this war would decide the fate of the six nations for the good or bad of all.

Suddenly General Fedrik called out to him quietly. “Zaric! They are approaching! I just received a messenger saying that they will be here in a few minutes!” Quickly the three Generals got their men to quiet down and prepare their guns.

It was another ten minutes before the troops began again to feel disgruntled. General Zaric looked at Fedrik but Fedrik only shrugged. Frowning, General Zaric called two of his scouts and told them to go up the road and see what was happening, before looking at Fedrik. He was shaking his head quickly, his eyes going wide. Zaric crossed his eyebrows and was about to ask what happened, when the clomping of hooves was heard.

A burst of noise was heard as men got ready and changed positions again, before all lay still. A single bird chirped into the afternoon sky as the sound of hooves got louder. General Zaric was about to stand and give the order when suddenly an explosion was heard!

The ground rumbled slightly as troops fell over in confusion. A great smoke was seen billowing just ahead of the road, and the red glow of flames was seen glowing behind the trees. During this General Fedrik waved his hand for his troops to move forward, and with a strong battle cry the Sevoridan army charged forward into the smoke and flames, the other two armies following in confusion.

The sight that the troops saw shocked them. Ahead of them a great wall of burning trees surrounded the road on either side. In the middle was the remains of the caravans. As the soldiers halted to a stop, they could see enemy troops crawling out of the wagons. Some of them had their flesh burned off, while elsewhere corpses rested around the broken pieces of wood. All around the road remains of barrels and ashes could be seen, among other more disturbing things. Many of the soldiers threw up at the sight and could go no further.

General Zaric rode up to General Fedrik and looked at him silently, and then spoke.

“What was this Fedrik?” General Fedrik laughed nervously.

“I-“

“I don’t need your excuses. You just killed so many people effortlessly, without even giving a damn.”

“But this is great tactical advantage!”

Zaric just looked at him for a second. “For the sake of both our nations, I will still work with you. When this war is over, I will expect to never see you again, and I will report this to your superiors.”

With that sentences, General Zaric called his troops to round up all the surviving soldiers, and to scrounge for surviving supplies before the fire made the trees fall.

He walked away back to the armies’ original ambush spot, before looking back at Fedrik. He looked sadly for a moment, before turning his back and walking into the black smoke.

Somewhere close to Fajadi, Marvonia

July 25th

6: 23 AM

The Union’s army was flagging down.

It had been a hard march from the Carnage of the Caravans, as the soldiers had taken to calling it. They had also lost one third of their gunpowder as well as some of their food. During the night some wild animals had attacked the food tents and taken some of the army’s vital food supplies. The rations had been decreased by half, but even then, some of the soldiers had overheard officers talking about how the food won’t last another month.

All this and more led to many of the young men to think of deserting. While most had stayed, some had in fact deserted as soon as they were able too. Already the army had lost around 200 men who had run into the wilderness at certain times. The officials made no speeches or tightened camp security. Some of them also felt like deserting and would if it wasn’t for the fact that they would be demoted if they did so. 

Zaric smiled sadly at his dejected troops. He knew better than anyone that they had to keep fighting, even if they didn’t want too. He and the other Generals had discussed a plan of action the week before and had realized that unless a victory was to be had, the army would fall apart. Luckily, they were nearing a city, and the army planned to lay a siege.

Soon the army reached a valley, where the town of Fajadi was located. The Generals quickly split apart, the soldiers following them without hope. Soon the army thronged against the massive cities, and the incoming trade and civilians were giving a choice to enter the city or turn back. Then the army just sat there.

At first the city just ran with its normal day to day operations. They didn’t see anything wrong and realized that the rebel group or whatever they were would soon give up and walk off. However soon the city noticed the army wasn’t moving. A messenger was sent to the army outside and came back with a scary message.

We will give no quarter nor mercy to you nor your city. The army is gone. We are here. You can surrender. Or starve.

Thus began the siege of Fajadi.

Somewhere close to Fajadi, Marvonia

July 30th

3:46 PM

The city had been starving for a week. Frankly, the armies’ supplies were running lower than ever before, especially in drinking water. Men had begun to be sent out to search for creeks where water could be found, but they were not able to bring back nearly enough to refill the water supplies. Some of the men had already deserted, numbering at around 50 men since the siege had begun. It seems more and more were considering ditching the army and returning home.

But things were not exactly good in the city either. When the army attacked Fajadi was to receive a barrage of food supplies from a neighboring city, but they were turned around by the Union army. While no citizens had died, many had begun to stop eating one or two meals to preserve the meal storages. It was not an appropriate time for the city.

General Zaric was sitting at his tent, talking with General Marik about up-to-date news events from outside their nations as they were able to gather. Suddenly the tent flap was rustled, and both men jumped up and drew their knives on a scared looking soldier. After seeing it wasn’t an enemy, General Zaric slowly lowered his knife and put his hand on the soldier’s shoulder.

“Sorry for frightening you, can’t help but be jumpy. Do you bring news from the frontlines?”

The soldier nodded after he calmed a little. “Yes sir! The city is raising a white flag, and the residing leader is coming out to discuss terms with you! General Fedrik is already there!”

“I see”. General Zaric said to himself. He then turned to General Marik. “Come, let us go see what we can wrestle from the fat hand that grips this city.”

The two men with the soldier following behind walked towards the city gates looming in front of them. After a few minutes, they manage to arrive where the delegation part was currently standing. Usually it would be curtesy to lead the party back to the tents, but no one cared to mention it. They all wanted to get these negotiations over with.

General Zaric walked up and lifted his hand. “General Zaric of the Bagatorian Army.”

The pudgy man in front of him trembled a little before lifting his own. “Sir Ajanthi Raji, main leader and merchant of Fajadi.”

“Be quick sir. We don’t have all day. We want to be able to restock our army with all the supplies you have. We may be willing to even pay for some of it, if these negotiations go well. We also want you to fly the flag of Bagatork.”

The man stumbled. “But sir, we are only poor folk. We live day to d-“

“Poor folk aye? Most poor people I have met aren’t as large as you are, and that’s to say it kindly. Now, do you want to listen to our terms? Or do we do this by force?”

“B-by your terms sir.” The delegation soon left after the logistics of the process were discussed.

Soon the gates were open to the armies. Men began to transfer food and supplies from the markets. All around at the 

army camps drinks were being shared, and for the moment games were being played. General Zaric looked around and smiled. He had never seen his troops so happy since the beginning of the war.

The war was not lost.

Ganatac, Sevorida
July 28th
6:16 PM

Jarcoki was having a tough day. He had been dealing with multiple issues about the ongoing war, and today he had to attend meetings around the clock. He did not enjoy his job that much, but it paid him well, and he learned about what was going on in the world as he did so. Now he was meeting with his Minister of Defense about a supposed message from General Fedrik, who was leading the Sevoridan army.

Jarcoki was soon sitting down in his office. He looked through the papers on his desk to see what he would have to do tomorrow. He was just reading his agenda when he heard knocks, right before his Minister came through the door. He stood up and bowed as was custom in Sevorida, before both men sat down.

“The letter, please?” Jarcoki asked. His Minister handed him the letter. He quickly read the report and then handed it back to the Minister. “And why should I know about this?” he asked calmly. “Last time I checked, it was your duty to deal with military reports, not mine.”

The Minister frowned a little at the words but shook his head slightly. “I got an idea when I read about his report. You know our ally Bagatork?” Jarcoki nodded.

“Recently we have heard that the Presidential cabinet holds meetings in a house near the usual meeting building, due to current renovations. What I propose…” at this the Minister gulped a little, before continuing. “What I propose, is that we murder the Presidental cabinet there, and blame it on Legusica.”

Jarcoki instantly jumped out of his seat and looked upon his Minister in anger. “You sir, have a few seconds to explain to me why you would want to murder the government of our most trusted ally? Or I will fire you on the spot.”

The Minister of Defense looked nervously at him. “It’s just that, we are going to lose. The Council’s army has been immobile and hasn’t lost many troops. Meanwhile our troops are worn down and tired. There is no doubt about what will happen. We will lose our army, and when we do Sevorida and its allies are for an easy taking.” Jarcoki sighed.

“You are correct of course. But… but this action is too much.” The President thinks for a second, before sighing sadly. “Go and do what you need to do. Do not notify me of what you are setting up though. I do not need a place in this evil plot.”

The two men got up and bowed. The Minister looked at the President and said, “Thank you sir. I won’t let you down.”

The President looked into the Minister’s eyes. “You already let me down with this idea. Should it fail and we be found out, there will be consequences for us all.”

He looked down for a second as his Minister left.
“Grave, grave consequences for us all.” Then he shook himself and got back to reviewing his agenda for tomorrow. Albeit with a troubled mind.

Who knew what would happen in the coming days.
Whatever it was, it wouldn’t be good. Most likely not good at all.

Seveni, Bagatork
August 3rd
11:23 PM

The night was dark, and all was silent. The moon looked brilliantly over the jewels of stars. Only a dark figure disturbed the peace. Silent, with only a whisper of sound he crept. He walked on silent feet to the house in front of him. He easily entered the building, leaving no trace of his presence. He crept silently into the basement, and carefully lit a single candle. Shadows danced against the walls, and a black power was everywhere. Barrels were toppled as if in a hurry, and no one had cleaned the mess. It was…

Perfect.

Seveni, Bagatork
August 4th
2:09 PM

President Jaracoka had a meeting today. She was tired, but ready to do anything for her country. She quickly put on her coat and set out for the temporary house. It was supposed to be a replacement until her office was finished being refurbished. Her cabinet had wanted her to check the house, which would be done the day after the meeting. However, the meeting was urgent, and she had no time to wait for her safety.
Soon she managed to reach the house. It was a few years old and had been previously owned by what her realtor called a “small town business” which apparently moved into a larger building. Jaracoka opened the door after knocking and saw some of her Ministers already sitting down. They were waiting for the meeting to start.

Outside a man walked along the crowd. He looked out of the corner of his eye for and suspicious passerby, before turning down an alleyway. He went close to one corner of the ally, where a dark line of power could be seen going down a hole, in a direction headed towards a house. He quickly brought out a flint and steel and began forcing out sparks. At first the sparks kept missing and skidding on the stone. He kept getting more and more frustrated and is about to give up, when a single spark landed on the powder. The spark grew into a little flame and followed the path of the powder. The man smiles a little before backing out of the alleyway.

A few minutes later a large boom is heard from the house where the President is. Passersby stumble backwards as windows explode into shards, cutting many people but not causing serious harm. Flames can be seen roaring inside the house, though no one can be seen inside. Soon many people came to the realization that the President was murdered in the explosion. News began to travel from person to person, and soon most people in the city knew what dark event had occurred.

Soon enough the local firefighter came and began as bucket bridge to stop the fires. After a few minutes of challenging work, the fires were stopped, and the town was safe again. Already what people were thinking about what had just occurred, and perhaps to start searching the house to see if anyone had survived.

A beam in the house suddenly fell, which caused a hidden fire to spring forth from the roof of the house. At first it wasn’t noticeable, but as it grew bigger and brighter people began noticing it. Soon shouting was heard and water was desperately thrown at the fire. Their efforts seem to not be in vain, as the fire was dying down slowly, when suddenly a spark lept from the flames. Unnoticed, it landed on the roof of a neighboring building.

By the time someone noticed what had happened, the fire was spreading. Water was desperately splashed against the flames, but it was hopeless. The flames began to spread slowly at first, then as it consumed more materials it spread faster. Soon the futileness of their efforts was realized, and the city began evacuation procedures, the flames being too powerful to stop.

Seveni was going up in flames.

OOC: This is the last post of this roleplay! ^.^

Bargtok, Bagatork
August 18th
5:03 PM

A hand slams down on the table suddenly. The five squabbling men stop their fighting and look warily at the hand.

The man who has interrupted their fight was none other than General Zaric. He had been quickly voting into the Presidency following the exposing of Sevorida burning down Bagatork. The President and Vice-President had both died in the flames, their bodies had been found afterwards.

In all of Zukchiva’s history, none of the past recorded wars had reached the casualty level as when Seveni was destroyed. It was why these six men were here now. This meeting was made to try and find a solution to the whole issue. Hopefully something could be done to prevent future wars.

Zaric looked each man in the eyes before sighing. “You really don’t get it, do you? We are here to find a way to unify out nations, yet here you are bickering like little children. Can we start the meeting?” The other men looked at him for a second before nodding seriously. He then settled down in his seat before staring at them. “If you have any ideas, now would be the time to say them. I want to keep this meeting brief and to the point. We need a solution, and we need it soon.”

The men looked at each other for a few seconds, before shaking their heads. One of them coughs and speaks. “We were going to see if you had any ideas, and if we could discuss it here.” The other four men nodded and agreed. The youngest man there, Gaoji Hardsworth looked at Zaric.
“Do you have an idea you would like to propose? Or should we begin discussion on one?”

Zaric nodded. “I have an idea that you probably won’t like.” He stood up and leaned his hands on the table, staring into each of their eyes. He wanted them to feel the impact of his idea, to be able to understand it fully. “I propose an alliance”.

The men sat, completely shocked for a second. An alliance, right after a war? Soon they were all making outbursts, then turning towards each other, reverting to the squabbling at the beginning of the meeting. Zaric sighed again and slammed his hand on the table, and quietly said “Silence gentlemen.” The other men stopped their fighting and looked at him again and sat down. Then one of them asked the question.

“Why do you want an alliance? We hate each other, fight each other, despise each other. What can we get from an alliance, other than future war?”
Zaric looked calmly at the man. “If you think that we will fall to our fighting again, you shouldn’t be leader of your nation. A leader should be observant.” He got up from his chair, and began pacing the room, the other five men looking at him. “Ever since we remember, our cultures have been like one another. Of course, we have our differences, but we have many similarities. Why, just the other day one student in a school published a project, which cross-referenced tales from all our nations. They all had similar plots, characters, and such. And this can be seen with your own two eyes and ears, if you paid attention when you read or listen to them.” He looked at the men as he walked past them, most of them averting his gaze.

“We share so many common aspects with each other, yet we are weak. This war showed me that we need to unite, not just as an alliance. But as one nation.” The five men began to get up and make objections, but Zaric raised a finger. “I say this because it is the only way to ensure that a tragedy like this will not happen again. And I’m not trying to get Bagatork with more power. I recommend that we form a federation.”

The men looked shocked at Zaric, before one spoke. “But isn’t it too soon after the war? And all that work to unite the nation?” Zaric smiled.
“We don’t have the time for it now, but we will work on it in the future. When we formulate the rules of the alliance, we will make it so that in a secret clause hidden from the public, it will decree that we will one day merge as states. This will be a long time and secret project behind the scenes. The alliance is just the beginning.” Zaric looked outside for a moment and noted how the sunlight was waning. “We’ve been here long enough gentlemen. The work we are doing here will take long and much effort. This is the first meeting of many. Right now, as you go to where you stay, you must think about what I have proposed, and how we can get your governments to agree with it.” He motioned towards the door. “After you gentlemen.”

The five men pick up their items and walk out, going to their escorts. Zaric walks out last and closes the door behind him, not looking back.

This was the beginning of change. Change that was needed.