Alternate map take two

I used an actual Topographical map this time and came up with this one.
I was a bit lax on th esmaller places as they are small, and hard to get to properly,
and I tried to be a little fair, and concervative, as I dont think it would displace as much water, as others do.

Red is Gone,
blue is Water,
not blue or red, is land

Something has been bugging me, or maybe I’m just confused. If there was a land impact why would there be flooding. Right now I assume that it hit a tectonic plate, causing a massive Urthquake and susequently generated a monster tital wave. Beyond that pardon my ignorance…

Well, Pack said it hit near Pakistan, I’d simply assumed that meant in the ocean, thereby causing the flooding.

In any case, I might need to redo my survivor numbers, along with the rest of us. We’ve all got a lot more left then we’d assumed.

Posts this here since it’s an Fallen OOC comment that has almost nothing to do with the RP

Hrm Just posted on the BBC as Breaking News:

— Begin quote from ____

Huge casualties are being reported following tidal waves and earth tremors in countries across southern and eastern Asia.

Large tidal waves striking coastal parts of Sri Lanka have reportedly killed at least 150 people.

Earlier, a massive Urthquake, said to measure 8.5, hit Indonesia’s Sumatra island at roughly 0800 local time.

Earth tremors have also been reported in Bangladesh, while tourist resorts in Thailand have been hit by high tides.

After the Indonesian quake, panicked people reportedly fled their homes in the towns of Medan and Banda Aceh, the capitals of two of Sumatra’s provinces.

— End quote

Kinda odd concidence, well not that odd given the region but…

creepy

when I went to see the day after tomorrow, as I was leaving the theatre it started raining then Hailing and I was like, OK, if it starts snowing Im going to the Fireplace store.

Quick clicky:
Urthquake Map:
http://Urthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/

It’s apparently also the largest Urthquake to hit anywhere on Earth in nearly 40 years.

I just saw the story on CNN here in the cafe…thats truly horrible…I can’t help but think of the 150 people, and their families, who s holidays werejust ruined by, of all things, a humongous Urthquake. I wish them luck in their attempts to return to their formal lives.

And yes, when I saw the story, the fact that our EP RP was just liked that did freak me out a little.

Hmm…out of curiosity, did anyone think I was having too many, or too few survivors when I made it 1% of my population? Just wanted to know, for RPs sake, if perhaps I should have a few million more die off, or some more survivors be found.

Oh, and of current, this is what I’ve come up with in terms of damage from Adama.

Phase One: Disintigration through atmosphere. Temperatures across EP rise, and those nations directly under the space station are effected from falling peices of flaming metal and such.

Phase Two: Power Core Explodes, station drops in altitude, begins to scorch everything under it.

Phase Three: Adama splashes into the coast off Adama, immediatly creating a large displacement wave, that actually goes several hundred feet above the waterline (not to mention to the bottom of the pacific).

Phase Four: Adama hits the bottom of the ocean, causing a shift in tectonic plates, and thereby large scale Urthquakes.

Phase Five: Resultant tsunamis/tidal waves form from the Urthquake.

Phase Six: Volcanic Eruptions begin to occur in new locations due to the shifting of tectonic plates (Thought I’d add this in as it’d allow for the creation of new islands, should we continue the RP far enough into the future).

also due to its size, I figure that some part of is is probably still above the water, just still too “hot” to go near for the time nbeing.

also I think the Core blew while still in orbit.

Below are close up pictures of the major East Pacific players. Note that, as the Packilvanian/Imatron arangement never happened in the alternate universe, that packilvania is still the island group. Also, there will be no coloring of territory, just a zooming in on the specific nation.

First, is myself. From there…I’m not sure yet. Just give me time to create and upload them all.

And, seeing as I can’t do multiple attachments per post, heres Wachovia/Milesandia:

Heres Loop and LR:

Pack and Hoop:

Kellsek and Nouveau Bretagne. I have to go, for the moment, but I should be able to finish these up soon.

And finally, unless I’m missing someone, heres Codex:

Nice, I did just notice something,
the mapI used to make this is one before I added the Confederational Territory of Christie Island.