[AMENDMENT] Recruitment Amendment

Under Article A: Executive, the following section shall be added:

Section 8

The Delegate is fully empowered to create and send recruitment telegrams to Frontier regions on behalf of The East Pacific. Exceptions to this power include any region with an embassy or treaty with The East Pacific, and any properties thereof. Further exceptions to this power may be defined in law.

1 Like

This is something discussed in the podcast. I don’t feel strongly about it, but I do think it’s a necessary conversation.

There’s arguments to be made about this “going against the spirit of the F/S update,” and I know some people who’d be against this, but personally I’m all for it.

Yes, and I’d even extend it further to regions that we don’t have diplomatic relationships with but aren’t fascist dumpsters.

I agree with above

I would say go for any Frontier that is subpar. We wouldn’t be recruiting… we would be offering salvation.

1 Like

I see no issue with recruiting from Frontiers we won’t have diplomatic ties with.

The Conk part is designed to be somewhat flexible so policy can be further defined on the Executive and Magisterial levels. F.e. The Magi might prohibit recruiting from regions we have consulates with, or the Executive might just not do it. I mean I don’t expect them to do it, but consulates aren’t defined in the Conk or really any law, so it’s devolved. Executive policy may, for example, prioritize recruiting from bad regions over normal regions just trying to survive. The point is that these things aren’t decided by the Concordat, but rather by the government’s prerogative.

I’m all for recruitment. The East Pacific needs active new members and recruitment is one of the best way of getting that. I think it speaks for itself who we can and cannot recruit from.

Against.

The only way I can ever see us properly justifying recruitment is if we cannot subsist on our spawnrates to keep our region going. Based on current estimates, we will drop heavily - but nothing that we haven’t been at before (assuming slashing everything in half causes equal cuts elsewhere). At the current rate, we’re projected to be at the same size as Lazarus or Balder or Osiris, with probably a more active population. In other words - theoretically, at least - we should be fine in F/S if we don’t slack off on integration.

Additionally, we have no idea how effective Frontier spawnrates may be. While we will always get 10% of the entire game’s spawns (which, currently, is still a crap-ton), those Frontiers may get as few as 3 nations a day or week - nations we will be trying to recruit away from them.

I understand that many people in TEP can only see TEP’s self-interest and disregard any region that doesn’t serve it as nothing beyond a potential relationship in the future. I understand there is no convincing said people otherwise - our principles differ in this matter. I can only hope they are a minority of the region’s population who vote on this.

In my eyes, our survival is important and if things get dire I do understand recruitment - but until that time, we have an inborn advantage over other regions. Seeking to supplement said advantage that only 4 other regions even have, trying to take nations from other regions who most likely desperately need manpower more than we do, is not something I support.

The only form of this I could reasonably support is counter-recruitment against any Frontier that decides to recruit from us, on the basis that they already have their own spawns and at that point are needlessly recruiting from us. Quid pro quo. But even that, I feel, is still too early to implement, because we have no way of knowing if Frontier regions can sustain themselves without recruitment.

I think this goes without saying, but I am therefore also against TEP recruiting from Strongholds.

1 Like

Why does this need to be added? Can’t the Delegate do this already?

1 Like

Theoretically, but this is a major regional issue that I think deserves a plebiscite to gauge public opinion, especially since I don’t want some Delegate to make that decision unilaterally (it seems quite dictatorial, I don’t think anyone would like it even if someone would do it) then to see anyone bring it to the Conclave (best avoid judicial reviews imo, just in general, but especially since…well, you know).

No new comments in a week and hopefully enough actual responses to appease God-Emperor, so I think it’s time to motion this to a vote. Therefore, I hereby do so.

I second the motion to vote.

Acknowledged.

Vote here