[AMENDMENT] titles 4 executive honors - awards act amendment

So I was thinking that ranks are pretty cool, too bad we don’t have civillian ranks. But then I remembered honorary titles are a thing, and we have a whole slew of executive awards… so why not have a title for each award? seems like a fun little thingamajig to do, and it may fit the preferences of some people who don’t really care about a ribbon or having the order’s names after their initials.

I’m extensively hesitant to give a title for the OGO, because although it’s ironically our most awarded award ever it’s also our highest tier and most difficult to reach award in theory, and I’d rather not have a title that denotes such a high tier award? But the executive honors should be much much more easier to get, so I think titles could work there without making any form of major exclusivity or whatever

im not married to this idea, just wanted to see if people like it enough to pass it. if not, no biggie obviously.

Can I propose to it if you’re not married?

In actuality tho, I’m personally against this:

1. It’s confusing for those with practical titles as well
  2. In practicality, Golden Order of the Dove is still a title, so it changes nothing
  3. It adds further elements to complicate the process
  4. Some of those titles are obscure and strange

no

on ur points

1. I’m not sure how its confusing because many people already have practical titles and we do often have to pick one or the other, particularily for viziers. ig you could say extra confusing, but that argument is a bit eh because ultimately it’s just a title and someone can choose or choose not to use it. or you could just use “Citizen” if you don’t want to deal with it.
  2. It gives an extra title specific to the award so it does do something. Rn the only real honorific the awards give you is “member of X order” or a postnominal. The latter is different from the proposed, and the former is a title but it doesn’t really fit with what I’m proposing since each title proposed is unique tot he award whereas stating “Member of X, Y, Z” orders isn’t as a unique title
  3. fair
  4. im open to suggestions

I’m neither particularly for or against. Some recommendations to the titles:

Veteran instead of Commandant.
Composer instead of Virtuoso.
Charismat instead of Cicerone.
Intellectual instead of Preceptor.

I don’t like Maestro but I can’t think of anything to replace it with.

I frankly don’t see the point of having a million different orders for each specific thing. It’s very exhaustive and I don’t think that’s a good thing for our community.

I think there should be three distinct orders:

• One for EPSA military honours or ones we give to R/D comrades who have really helped the East Pacific and the EPSA.
  • One for culture makers including roleplays and ones who have made a massive improvement to the cultural activities of the East Pacific.
  • One for recognising service in government and for respected leaders in either regional governments or notable authors in the World Assembly.

Here’s some background on this awards system:

I disagree with you for reasons exhausted in Vussul’s linked threads, and since there’s been weeks of debating and drafting, and a vote at that, I think it’s best to leave it off here.

this is still tentatively alive but thinking of dropping it since tbh I can kinda see aiv’s argument. i still don’t think this is nessecarily confusing but its definitely not necessary and I don’t think anyone has really thought of wanting this before hrmpjh

Yeah @provost im tabling this