[APPLICANT] Application of Cloud / Marlducro

Cloud / Marlducro has taken their Magister’s Oath.

The vote to admit them to the Magisterium is [P-2023-27] Admittance of Cloud / Marlducro to the Magisterium

This thread is to ask questions to the Applicant. Ask as many questions as you wish.

Out of curiosity, why are you seeking to join the Magisterium?

Do you have any familiarity with TEP law?

Do you have any plans to move your WA nation to TEP?

Huh seems like most of the stock questions are done, so lets go with this one:

What do you plan to do once you’ve a Magister?

Just because.

But seriously, I joined because I wanted to serve the region and learn more of how TEP operates. I thought the legislative would be a good place to start.

I have been familiarizing myself with it for the past few days before applying.

No, I don’t. As for why not, I don’t want to waste all the work I did to get as many endos as I do now.

I plan on further familiarizing myself with stuff I already know regarding our laws and procedures, and get started from there.

Thank you all for your questions. If y’all have any follow-up questions, please ask away. :DD

1 Like

Do you have any opinions on pending legislation, especially the amendment to the Standing Orders of the Magisterium, linked below? Do you have an overarching political philosophy that influences that opinion?

Nice, that’s cool. I think that’s enough questions from m-

SURPRISE! I lured you to a false sense of security! It’s time for a pop quiz

1. Please list at least 3 ways the Delegate can be suspended from their Office.

2. What is a Conclave Order? What would happen if a Citizen violated these Orders?

3. How can the Magisterium hold a Provost who abuses the ability to make Discretionary Edits accountable?

4. What is the endorsement cap of the Viziers?

If you can get at least 2 of these right, I’ll vote FOR your admittance. If not, I’ll make my judgement based on other matters. Note that I will not vote against your admittance since I like your drive.

For now, good luck!

I think that the changes currently being proposed to the Standing Orders are fairly reasonable. I don’t really have any issues with it, and I intend to support it when it comes to vote (if I become a Magister when it goes to vote). What I specifically like about it is this:

SECTION VIII. CHANGE OF MAGISTER STATUS

…8.1. Magisters may petition the Provost to change the status of their membership within the Magisterium without resigning and re-applying to the Magisterium.
…8.1.1. Magisters accepted under Section 1.2.1 may convert to Non-WA status subject to a vote as outlined in Section 1.2.2.
…8.1.2. Magisters accepted under Section 1.2.2 may convert to WA status provided that the requirements of Section 1.2.1 are met by the petitioner.
…8.2 A Magister may not invoke Section VIII more than once per legislative session.

Not having to resign just to change your nation is a change I welcome. I may need to do it in the future for whatever reasons they may be.

This fits well with the quote “expect the unexpected” lol

I can think of 3 ways a Delegate may be suspended.

1. Abuse of power
  2. Committing high treason
  3. Initiating a coup d’etat

I’m very likely wrong with this one, so I do apologize for that

As defined by Section I. 2 of the Conclave Act:

An Order shall be defined as any binding statement by the Conclave to compel any individual or institution to complete a legal action with an explicitly stated indictable penalty for failing to execute said action.

If a citizen violates an order, they “shall be committing an indictable offense and shall receive a sentence in-line with the indictable penalty of the Order they violated.”

As defined by section 12 of the Concordat:

Any Magister may motion, with support from another Magister, to remove the Provost for misuse of their ability to make discretionary edits via a 1/2 majority vote - a successful motion shall initiate the vote with the Provost being suspended solely for the vote’s duration.

The Viziers have no endocap, but they may not surpass the legal Delegate/Acting Delegate in endo count.

Thank you for your questions! In the (likely) event that I got any of them wrong, please correct me.

1. I’ll give you half a point for that one, however what I was looking for were the legal processes that the other branches of government have to suspend the Delegate. For example:

The Magisterium can suspend the Delegate via a 2/3 majority, indicting them pn suspicion of Abuse of Power.
The Conclave can suspend any governmental official (of which a Delegate is one) who has been indicted with a 2/3 vote.
The Praesidium can suspend the Delegate via 2/3 vote if they believe that the Delegate has acted to destroy the Concordat or caused an abuse of power.

I was looking for two things with this question: First, your ability to distinquish “suspend” from “indict”. Technically I can indict the Delegate for crimes, but suspension comes from these three processes (of ehich the Conclave acts as a catchall). Second, I wanted to see if you can interpret the laws well. Finding these would mean going through the Concordat, which you should be familiar with.

That said, I realize that my question was vague, so I’ll partially accept your answers.

1. Correct!

2. Correct again!

3. Three for three, nice job!

Your score is 3.5/4, meaning that you’ve successfully earned my vote! Congratulations!

As an aside, arguing your stance in the Magisterium does mean citing laws, but it also means creating arguments out of those laws. In the future, I suggest trying to say what these laws mean in your own words so that we can understand your interpretation of it.

Regardless though, this test was just to make sure you know your way around our lawbook, and you’ve passed. I hope that you get into the Magisterium, I noticed that you were a former legislator for TSP, which means that you have some experience wrangling messy laws.

Thanks for answering my little quiz! Hope to see you around, either here or the discord!

1 Like

Seeing as this is why I joined the magisterium, I like it! That’s a for from me

1 Like