[APPLICANT] Application of Silvae / Virifortis

Silvae / Virifortis has taken their Magister’s Oath.

The vote to admit them to the Magisterium is [P-2023-30] Admittance of Silvae / Virifortis to the Magisterium

This thread is to ask questions to the Applicant. Ask as many questions as you wish.

Standard “why do you want to be a magister”

I want to be a Magister to, mainly, participate and help the region to grow, as well as making the region a better place for all people.
Also, I saw that TEP and TSP have been allies for a considerable time, so I thought that helping an allied region that, in a way, captivated me, would be interesting.
Not very out of the ordinary answers, but that’s it :slight_smile:

Welcome to TEP, Silvae. It’s awesome to see your enthusiasm. In which ways do you see yourself contributing to the Magisterium?

Well, I see myself contributing, in addition to possibly presenting bills or amendments in the future, bringing more debates and discussions to the proposals made by the Magistrates, discussing the pros and cons of the projects and pointing out flaws.

1 Like

Do you have any plans to move your WA nation to TEP?

No, because I use my WA nation in SPSF (South Pacific Special Forces) operations.

That’s a much better answer than yes because you use your WA nation in SPSF, but would you be willing to seek the assent of the General Corps to join EPSA because reports indicate that it desperately needs updaters.

It’s time… For a quiz! Standard fare, 4 questions, each referring to a different branch of government. I see that you have some experience as a legislator in TSP, so my standards will be different:
Getting a 4 guarantees a vote from me
Getting a 2 gets an Abstain
And if you score 1, or worse, zero, then its a No.

Ready? Here are the questions!

1. True or False: Executive Orders cannot affect other branches of government.
    Explain your answer.(1 point if correct answer + good explanation, 0.5 if correct answer + not good explanation)
  2. What are the different types of Bills that Magisters can pass that Citizens may not? Please explain the section that elaborates on this answer. (1 point if good explanation, 0.5 if the explanation is wonky)
  3. How does the Conclave generate Precedent?
  4. Should the Delegate be suspended or removed from office, who then becomes Acting Delegate? Which among the governmental bodies/citizenry decide who the new Acting Delegate will be?

I wish you the very best of luck!

1 Like
  1. False. According to the Judicial Review of September 2021, it was clear and explicit that the Delegate does have powers to do so, within the limits established by law, as stated in the Conclave’s official statement: “Executive orders may affect the other branches of the Government. An executive order can veto laws passed by the Magisterium, nominate or renominate Arbiters, request judicial reviews, or nominate or renominate Viziers among other actions within the Delegate’s authority”.

2. The three types are: Legislative Proposal, Resolution and Proposed Amendment to the Concordat (or Amendment).
    The section dealing with this is Section II, of the “Standing Orders of the Magisterium”.

3. According to the “Procedural Rules Regarding Precedent”, Article A, A-3, “Should statutory law fail to be relevant to the situation at hand, precedent shall be the next item considered”.

4. The Praesidium. However, the Magisterium can annul the Praesidium’s decision and appoint an Acting Delegate until new elections are held. The Acting Delegate must be a Vizier.

1. Correct! Executive Orders are effectively expressions of the Delegate’s power, and as such, they can also affect other branches of government.
  2. Incorrect. The questions asks which of those bills cannot be proposed/passed by Citizens, which is a trick question. Any Citizen may propose any type of legislative proposal, as per SOM 2.2. However, I feel that the question is improperly worded, so I will give half a point.
  3. Incorrect. Your answer appears to be for the question, “When does the Conclave apply Precedent?”. However, I was asking how precedent is formed in the first place, which is seen by the Rule that you cited:

B.2- Precedent can be found in the form of tying a certain punishment with a certain sentence or charge in a trial verdict.

B.3- Precedent can be found in the form of legal rules, principals, and/or norms established by previous rulings of the Conclave, whether it be from a trial or judicial review. This type of precedent can be applied equally to procedures and offenses.

B.4- Precedent can be found in the form of interpretations of legislation or the Concordat, and may be used in both or either trial or judicial review.

1. Correct!

Score: 2.5 out of 4. Not At the instant “Yes!” threshold, but not at Abstain level either. So, if you don’t mind, I have just one last question.

What did you do as a legislator in TSP? Did you write any laws, debated on matters, or something else entirely?

Thanks for answering my little quiz, though! I should work on making the questions more clear next time.

1 Like

I’m pretty recent even on TSP. However, I remember a project that was actually approved, where, according to the project, the Prime Minister, elected by the Assembly, appointed the Ministers, with deliberation by the Assembly.
Before, the Assembly was the one who elected the Ministers and the Prime Minister had no direct participation in this.
I’m still trying to find something to base future projects on, but nothing new yet.
In addition, of course, there were debates, such as the change in election dates for Prime Minister and Delegate, which accompanied a project by another Legislator that complemented mine and placed the Prime Minister in charge of things that previously were the responsibility of Ministers alone.