Arynthian Q&A Thread

Governing Minister Jaryn Wernyr cracks his knuckles and lays back in his chair. Glancing at the crowd of people surrounding him, reporters, ambassadors, and citizens alike, he readies himself to recall the endless amount of national information in his head, made possible by his prodigious memorization of all Arynthian knowledge, statistics, and history, a precedent for all governing ministers.

“Welcome to the 2015 Arynthian Knowledge Summit!” he announces at last. His green eyes flicker across the room as he follows with the one statement which will commence hours of tedious question-answering, an event dreaded by all governing ministers.

“Alright, who’s first?”

OOC: Obviously, both OOC-only questions and people too lazy to RP IC questions exist. If you have or are either of these things, just ask it in OOC.

[spoiler]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJHfdENqECO3xA3BCeyebCKrGuUynhRWmjmo4Y9eBZqkRY-1ys
[/spoiler]

“I would appreciate specifications on your nation!” A boisterous Vekaiyun shouted. “Thank you!”

((generally these threads are OOC but I’ll play along)).

Some stuff, like maybe a lil history, some info on the races or religions in your nation, some exports, etc

Jaryn’s eyebrows raised at the vagueness of the question. He leaned forward. Not too hard… he though, but i’m probably not going to be able to cover everything. Appreciative of how basic and easy this first question was, he began reciting the same things every Arynthian learned in their early schooling.

"Arynthia is a young country of patriots and free men. It’s huge amount of civil, politcal, and economical rights for citizens is a result of a fairly consistent right-center government, which is of course non-secular, and does not interfere in the lives of citizens too much. Arynthia’s views on rights have led to a nation with citizens of widely varying races and ethnic groups, and over 100 political parties and religions. Major exports include oil, pharmaceuticals, precious gems and metals, and medical equipment.

"Arynthia used to be know as the House of Forsynth in a feudal region until around the 1600s, when a large-scale war caused only two Houses to inhabit the region, including the House of Forsynth. The other, much larger House, widely abused our ancestors and even forced them to rename their House to the House of Arynthia, until these ancestors rebelled against their enemy and managed to win. They established themselves as the People’s Republic of Arynthia, and set all of their policies to oppose those of the House that had ruled them earlier, leading to the free nation I am representing today.

"The Arynthian living condition and income Inequality are both tremendous, equating to about 1.034 and 29.92, respectively. The official spoken language is Arynic, though citizens are free to use whatever language they want.

"The nation is divided into 209 districts, with the main office being District Minister. Districts are grouped into Provinces, of which there are 5, with two people occupying the main office of Provincial Minister, and co-leading their Province. Districts are separated into cities, which are represented by City Managers. Each City is divided into 4 regions, give or take, which are direct democracies, with the main official being the Regional Manager, who simply organizes elections and makes sure they run smoothly.

“The National government has 3 branches, Legistlative, Civil, and Executive. The Legislative Branch is comprised of two houses: the higher is comprised of the Governing Minister, the Provincial Ministers, and the Speaker of the People. The lower is comprised of the City Managers, the Speaker of the People, and any other representatives voted in by the people of their region. The Civil branch interprets our Constitution and keeps the government in check, as well as settles the biggest legal cases, and is led by the Judicial Minister. The Executive Branch is comprised of the Governing Minister and the Administrative Minister, who takes the Governing Minister’s place in the event of an accident or impeachment. The Governing Minister also attends all Conventions, Summits, and Conferences, and I, Jaryn Wernyr, am the incumbent Governing Minister.”

He sighed and relaxed a bit, waiting for the Vekaiyun to respond to his particularly long answer. I wonder if even that will be good enough… he mused silently to himself.