Auroran War II OOC

Oan brought up an issue that we need to speak of (specifically to Atlae, Tretrid, and I). Go ahead and speak your mind; we’re all ears!

Also, this topic may be used for other War discussions, if you peeps so please.

I noticed you dont have a Skype, but I wanted to get some joint operations between Me you and Atlae for the current situation up there plus Coop with situation in Xargrurg

We need to discuss the social, economic, political and geographic factors that will affect the Atlantian involvement in the war. Mex. We have questions regarding your military. But before I get to that. “Atlantian Coalition” you do realise that you need to enter the Oan Isles before you enter the southern oceans. Although I allowed you to use my facilities and I offered my support and help, I’d rather that militaries of several countries weren’t going willy-nilly in my territory. With that in mind, I request that the Oan ambassador to Mexregiona attend the meeting.

Second we need to discuss the aspects working for and against the Atlantian assistance (which is greatly appreciated). If you guys are going to assemble a joint fleet, that would be realistic considering the logistical, financial and technological difficulties of moving so many troops down. Considering Mex’s rather dismal army, I’d assume that Tret and Atlae will shoulder the burden of boots on the ground, which is another matter to discuss.

— Begin quote from ____

We need to discuss the social, economic, political and geographic factors that will affect the Atlantian involvement in the war. Mex. We have questions regarding your military. But before I get to that. “Atlantian Coalition” you do realise that you need to enter the Oan Isles before you enter the southern oceans. Although I allowed you to use my facilities and I offered my support and help, I’d rather that militaries of several countries weren’t going willy-nilly in my territory. With that in mind, I request that the Oan ambassador to Mexregiona attend the meeting.

Second we need to discuss the aspects working for and against the Atlantian assistance (which is greatly appreciated). If you guys are going to assemble a joint fleet, that would be realistic considering the logistical, financial and technological difficulties of moving so many troops down. Considering Mex’s rather dismal army, I’d assume that Tret and Atlae will shoulder the burden of boots on the ground, which is another matter to discuss.

— End quote

To make the meeting more straightforward, we could set up a second meeting that could take place as soon as the ambassador could show up. Sending the ambassador to the current meeting would kind of screw up the current course of the topic. But yes, I personally would be fine with an Oan ambassador showing up in the USM.
Regarding the USM’s military, you can go Armed Forces of Mexregiona - NSWiki. The webpage gives a very rough overview of the military (which may completely be up to debate). I’d be open to downsizing the navy if need be, as it does seem to be quite drastic. The rest of the branches won’t matter much for the nation, as you pointed out regarding the army.
Tret has commented that many, if not, all of his/her/its/their nation’s military personnel would be, to an extent, unwilling to fight due to the recent civil war there. That may play a part in the upcoming invasion. Also, Mexregiona’s GDP per capita is massive, meaning that the nation could probably foot the bill while the stronger-in-manpower Tretrid and the Atlae Isles foot the bill in soldiers.

((According to NSwiki))

United Parishes:
Gross Domestic Product: 2,546,000,000,000 Monsuus [1 (K)Mu = 1 US Dollar]
Population: 50,911,569

Second Republic:
Gross Domestic Product: 157,528,050,000 Karubles
Population: (est.) 150,000,000

Atlantic Triarchy:
Gross Domestic Product: 4,000,000,000,000 Karubles
Population: 100,000,000

((I don’t know what the real-life counterpart for the Karuble would be, or how much it would be worth.))

@Mex, Your military budget vs. GDP is too high, but with Val MIA, I have no idea what is really needed.

We can set up a second meeting. The problem is that Jon (i.e. Xagrurg) is going very fast. And I’m afraid by the time we get out of port, half of Aurora is levelled. I’ll speak to him and see what we can do.

— Begin quote from ____

@Mex, Your military budget vs. GDP is too high, but with Val MIA, I have no idea what is really needed.

We can set up a second meeting. The problem is that Jon (i.e. Xagrurg) is going very fast. And I’m afraid by the time we get out of port, half of Aurora is levelled. I’ll speak to him and see what we can do.

— End quote

Yes, I will have to work on the budget. Any suggestions?

SUGGESTION ONLY. I’m actually not too concerned, but I’m just worried that Val might have a problem with it and that’ll set us back.

127 billion SHD
750,000 reserves
200,000 in Army
100,000 in Navy
70,000 in Air Force
100 commissioned ships
70 support ships with RAS capability
50 subs
60,000 artillery pieces and armour
50 ICBMs

I’ll invite all of you to a second meeting and discuss the war. Nothing too long or complicated.

— Begin quote from ____

SUGGESTION ONLY. I’m actually not too concerned, but I’m just worried that Val might have a problem with it and that’ll set us back.

127 billion SHD
750,000 reserves
200,000 in Army
100,000 in Navy
70,000 in Air Force
100 commissioned ships
70 support ships with RAS capability
50 subs
60,000 artillery pieces and armour
50 ICBMs

— End quote

That sounds pretty good, although I’d prefer to switch out the submarines for traditional nautical equipment. Mexregiona has yet to use subs, and perhaps never will. I also stuck a few more ships into the navy and cut down the Air Force personnel, as I personally want a more powerful navy and a more weakling Air Service. That seems like something the nation would put their priorities in.
Also, the Army would only be that big if the country were at war (which it is); typically the Army is only used for militaristic training drills and sometimes disaster precautions and actions.

I have yet to decide whether or not the USM has nuclear warheads, but if it does, it has a limited number of which it is very unlikely that they’d be used in conventional warfare. Not that that’d matter much.

UPDATED (?)

127 Billion SHD/KMu
750,000 Reserves (Home Guard)
200,000 Enlisted Army Personnel
100,000 Enlisted Navy Personnel
55,000 Enlisted Air Corps Personnel
125 Commissioned Ships
95 Support Ships W/ RAS Capability
60,000 Pieces and Armor
50 ICBMs

Awesome sauce