Big Thread for Streamlining the forums

Basically, the administrative team will be doing a few things on the forums to streamline them, make them easier and more sensible to view, and trimming them up a bit. To start, the following actions are being taken:

1. Moving University Section to the Archives - These have been largely inactive since January of this year. Wwe should probably develop some kind of plan before opening them up again.
  2. Moving all RP archives to the RP forums - This way RP becomes its own little microcosm and histories and relevant threads can be viewed quite easily. Other archives will remain in the archive section.

Also this thread is completely open to suggestions… HINT HINT

Welcome to The East Pacific

• Newcomers Start Here
    • “Please introduce yourself and apply for citizenship in the interregional government”
  • Inside TEP
    • “Discussions and suggestions pertaining to the fuctions of TEP”
  • Nationstates Plenary
    • “General NS-related discussion”
  • The Lounge
    • “General discussion”
  • Game Room
    • “Forum games”
  • University of The East Pacific
    • “?”
  • TEP on IRC

Roleplaying Forums

• The Registry
    • “Establish your nation’s presence within the region”
  • The Summit
    • “International leaders come together to talk turkey”
  • The Rift
    • “Stories from antiquity, the future, and/or wild and bizarre alternate universes”
  • Roleplaying Archive

Government of The East Pacific

• The Plaza
    • “An open forum for discussion of general governmental affairs”
  • Executive Offices
    • “Office of the Delegate and of the Viziers”
  • Magisterium
    • “Hall of TEP’s legislative body”
  • Conclave
    • “Home of TEP’s judiciary and only court”
  • World Assembly Center
    • “TEP’s WA headquarters”
  • Embassy Row
    • “Foreign embassies/consulates and related requests”

I liked Dali’s idea of having a government phone book of sorts of whos who. Also it might not be bad to update the FAQs

I like that idea. I did that in TP. Added pictures and everything.

We could put the Game Room inside The Lounge.

— Begin quote from ____

1. Moving University Section to the Archives - These have been largely inactive since January of this year. Wwe should probably develop some kind of plan before opening them up again.

— End quote

Can the library be preserved? It’s a treasure of information and it would be a waste to put it in archives.

If need be, I’m prepared to administer/update it myself from time to time.

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Can the library be preserved? It’s a treasure of information and it would be a waste to put it in archives.

If need be, I’m prepared to administer/update it myself from time to time.

— End quote

Can do. Where should it go? I’m wondering if it would be suited for being a subforum in the newcomers forum area

^ I put it in the ‘oh the places you’ll go in NS’ forum for the time being.

In addition, all permission masks should be fixed, especially in the archive section, which was a rather big pain. Furthermore, members can now post in the RP section, which has been re-organized into something that is a bit more nostalgic and sensible from an RP perspective.

I fixed the problem people were having with Like/Dislike not appearing, I believe.

I also fixed this:

[nation]Severisen[/nation] and [region]The East Pacific[/region]

In case it wasn’t clear, you can now [nation] and [region] just like on NS.

For the LOVE OF GOD that was bothering me.

— Begin quote from ____

^ I put it in the ‘oh the places you’ll go in NS’ forum for the time being.

— End quote

‘Newcomers might’ be a practical place. Alternatives could be ‘Inside TEP’ or the ‘Plaza’?

Thanks for saving it.

technical discussions for the forum and game,