Californian Tribes in Danger

(Minister Jake Simpson enter the room, looking all the hard workers in the offices, opens the presidential door and slowly approaches to Kuvira Chang)

• Hola, My dear President how is the power treating you?
    (Kuvira smiles she knows Jake from almost her entire life, best friends since ever, she stands up look through the window and replies…)

*Great I must say, is such a shame that the First Minister wasn’t chosen for this role, but I guess my father had his reasons, but I don’t think discussing my new job is what you are here for so speaks I have thing to do in order to keep this nation working.

-Kuvira I was in the power core and we have to discuss something really important but I guess we can wait until dinner for that, anyhow the reason I came here is for my new proposal about the tribes outside Wikichang borders.

(Kuvira seems a little impress and turn over the speaks face to face with Jake)

*Tribes? Did you just say? (She asked with a doubt face)

-Yes, I know it sounds nonsense but when I was exploring the rainforest I found some tribes near a river in the middle of the jungle, At first they were little more than fleeting sightings of naked figures on the edge of the forest. But as the days went by, the men and boys grew bolder, venturing into the village to pilfer pots and vegetables before disappearing back into the safety of trees.

*How is that possible I thought nobody live there, in the middle of the jungle without connection with the world? “A few dozen” members of an unnamed Californian tribe finally made contact with a settled population 20 days ago. That came four years after a tribal group, reportedly from the same Californian tribe, were filmed from the air in 2010. When the images were released in January 2011, they created a nationwide sensation.

(Minister Jake breaths slowly sit down in the chair in front of Kuvira and starts explaining the situation)

-It is believed the tribe had been driven across the border from their centuries’ old nomadic existence by the activities of illegal loggers and possibly drug-traffickers operating in their traditional territories in New California. Wikichang’s Indian Affairs Department, Wu Long, confirmed that the group had taken the momentous decision to make contact at the village of San Francisco in the state of Antartica, more than a week’s travel by foot and canoe from the nearest road.

*San Francisco? (Asked Kuvira really surprise by the village she knows very well as she live there as a child)

-San Francisco, just 10 Km from the border, is very close to the area where a tribe group was filmed four years ago. It is estimated that there are at least four such communities living in New California, constituting a population of around 600. A further two tribes are believed to occupy territory in New California. But no one knows exactly how many individuals there are now living in the pristine forest of the western Californian rainforest.

(Kuvira took a sip from her coffee and replied)

*And what can we do, those are not our lands we can’t spend so many resources there, think about their culture, I know they need medicines and education but, I don’t think the loggers are so bad.

(Jake with a worry in his mind tries to convince Kuvira of the opposite)

-What is known, however, is that National concern over the presence of heavily armed loggers in New California has been growing, sparking warnings that their activities could mean the end for the world’s last “lost” tribes? The mahogany and teak harvested by the gangs is believed to be destined to be made into garden furniture in Prussia or another Northern nations. Under national law the Indians have the right to their own traditional territories.

(Jake handles a paper to Kuvira and she starts reading it out loud)

*”It is the first time since monitoring of the area began in the 1980s that a tribe has ventured forth willingly. “Contact was made and the situation continues to be peaceful,” Wu Long said. The group is said to have requested food and clothes.”

*”Now is the most perilous time for the Indians, it is warned. For the first time since their forefathers escaped the genocidal impact of the 19th-century rubber boom, they face new viruses – chicken pox, measles even the common cold – to which they have no immunity. Relocation also brings new threats of conflict with settled groups.”

(Kuvira Hits the desk and with anger in her face she says)

*This is outrageous we cannot let this happen near our borders they need our universal vaccines and full protection, this loggers are not just destroying the environment they are also killers! (She yelled in shock) The United States of Wikichang is the only nation close that can protect them, I’m going to send an expedition team and some troops to create a perimeter, I want you to run this process and use our satellites to found this tribes, we must stop this loggers from destroying our precious forests and its native citizens.

*I Now Create the Californian Tribes Protectorate in order to save this amazing cultures in such a delicate environment.

The United States of Wikichang now possess control over this zone (in pink) ensuring the safety of the native tribes within the protectorate, Wikichang citizens descendants from the tribe that made contact 20 years ago would rule this territory and the U.S.W won’t have internal political influence over this protectorate self governing but it will provide resources and a military perimeter with strict control over the borders to take down loggers and drug traffickers that threat this land and the native population.

Other tribes that make contact with The United States of Wikichang will be relocated within the Protectorate and an Universal Vaccine would be applied to avoid any potential disease and their entire culture will be respected in every aspect as they want.

Meanwhile during the Operation Buffer… Davin Hue hears news of more overseas affairs. ‘Interesting’ he thought. He immediately wrote a telegram.

Dear Wikichang leaders,
I understand you would like to preserve the tribes here. We encourage you to preserve as much as possible… I am in the search for natives not advanced enough to have an effect on the world, and we are currently trying to annex these lands for the betterment of these people. I propose that Davinhia recognizes any preserving of natives.

— Begin quote from ____

Meanwhile during the Operation Buffer… Davin Hue hears news of more overseas affairs. ‘Interesting’ he thought. He immediately wrote a telegram.

Dear Wikichang leaders,
I understand you would like to preserve the tribes here. We encourage you to preserve as much as possible… I am in the search for natives not advanced enough to have an effect on the world, and we are currently trying to annex these lands for the betterment of these people. I propose that Davinhia recognizes any preserving of natives.

— End quote

Kuvira Chang is signing some papers making the Protectorate finals details when she receives a telegram from Davinhia.

Estimate Davin Hue:
As the leader and head of the United States of Wikichang i appreciate your words and i can ensure you that it doesn’t matter where this people come from i will protect them from any potencial harm.
Currently Wikichang possess a large amount of drones, most of them are use for police patrol but if your intention is to protect native citizens i am disposed to send some of our drones to explore the zones you want to search. Consider it as a gift in the spirit of international unity.